What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland Event Returns!

1131415161719»

Comments

• azanthrielazanthriel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    It was posted earlier today (via patch notes) that the bug with the Breen ship discounts is supposed to be fixed by tomorrow morning's patch.

And I just spent 1000 autographs for a ship I unlocked for the console. :(

well; will be pleased if it is ever fixed. :)
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When will then be now? Soon? When is soon? ;)
  • QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited January 2015
    My Dearest Mortals,

You have spent so much time inside my little frosted vision this winter, and you loved it!

Nothing brings more joy to my omnipotent heart then to see the little people out there take a moment out of their dreary and pointlessly brief existences to revel in my generosity. You have really outdone yourselves this year!

Your fervent need for new T6 ships, Kit modules, candy themed weapons of destruction and Epohhs, oh all the Epohhs! Your appetites for consumables are more astounding then your love for cramming your mouths full of my deliciously fruity pies!

I would like to thank my minions, Neelix, the Breen officials, the Snorg, my army of unyielding snowmen and Snow Overloards or Kings or whatever they are calling themselves these days... and let us not forget those delectable little Ginger Bread Colonists! So tasty yet so helpless.

However, that Abomidorable Snowmugato... how dare he try to steal my spotlight. I shall never forgive him! No matter how adorable I created him to be.

Enjoy these last twilight hours of my Winter Wonderland, as weekly maintenance brings my queue to blink it all away! Said maintenance will begin tomorrow morning at 7AM PDT, so get those last races in now and don't forget to slot those projects for your beloved ships before the event ends, or you will miss your chance until next winter!

Thank you again for loving me so much you dear silly fun loving little humanoids, you are adorable in your own special insignificant way, and I thank you for being so!

I shall see you very soon however, for more mischief and parties parties parties! Prepare yourselves my little mortals, it shall be a huge success of an event!

Or else I shall blink you all away for another year... ;)

Omnipotent and handsomely yours,
    Q
  • jon1764jon1764 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Q wrote: »
    My Dearest Mortals,

You have spent so much time inside my little frosted vision this winter, and you loved it!

Nothing brings more joy to my omnipotent heart then to see the little people out there take a moment out of their dreary and pointlessly brief existences to revel in my generosity. You have really outdone yourselves this year!

Your fervent need for new T6 ships, Kit modules, candy themed weapons of destruction and Epohhs, oh all the Epohhs! Your appetites for consumables are more astounding then your love for cramming your mouths full of my deliciously fruity pies!

I would like to thank my minions, Neelix, the Breen officials, the Snorg, my army of unyielding snowmen and Snow Overloards or Kings or whatever they are calling themselves these days... and let us not forget those delectable little Ginger Bread Colonists! So tasty yet so helpless.

However, that Abomidorable Snowmugato... how dare he try to steal my spotlight. I shall never forgive him! No matter how adorable I created him to be.

Enjoy these last twilight hours of my Winter Wonderland, as weekly maintenance brings my queue to blink it all away! Said maintenance will begin tomorrow morning at 7AM PDT, so get those last races in now and don't forget to slot those projects for your beloved ships before the event ends, or you will miss your chance until next winter!

Thank you again for loving me so much you dear silly fun loving little humanoids, you are adorable in your own special insignificant way, and I thank you for being so!

I shall see you very soon however, for more mischief and parties parties parties! Prepare yourselves my little mortals, it shall be a huge success of an event!

Or else I shall blink you all away for another year... ;)

Omnipotent and handsomely yours,
    Q

You don't scare me!
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "overloards", eh? Dammit Jim, I'm an omnipotent being, not a dictionary.
    *gingerbread, not ginger bread.
    *cue not queue, or if you want to be cute, say "Q".

(Spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck!)
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Not only have I not loved it, It actually managed to break the game for me. Literally...

After the first patch of the event, my game crashed to desk top any and every time I went into combat. It's made the game entirely unplayable for the last month and a half, and that's without mentioning all of the other bugs associated with the winter event. I've missed out on grinding a lot of resources and xp thanks to this, meaning that I've been unable to level, earn specialization points, or upgrade any of my gear.

I, for one, will be glad it is gone and hope that it takes with it what ever is causing the game to be so glitchy this passed month.
  • senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You know, it's a bit infuriating that you ended it earlier than planned. Earlier than most Thursday updates, and earlier than said in the Mission Log for the entire event.

Mission log says "until 2PM PST". That's seven hours later.

What this means is, I had to burn all my zen and most of my EC on keys to open boxes to get Lobi to buy Photos (which have absolutely no use outside this event, can't trade for Epohh tags or ornaments or GPL or anything) to get this last day's 40 photos--because the race wouldn't be ready until 12PM PST for me.

If you're going to post "thru 2pm PST" on the event tracker for a whole month, then keep the event up through 2pm PST.
  • leptoon3rsleptoon3rs Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    senselocke wrote: »
    You know, it's a bit infuriating that you ended it earlier than planned. Earlier than most Thursday updates, and earlier than said in the Mission Log for the entire event.

Mission log says "until 2PM PST". That's seven hours later.

What this means is, I had to burn all my zen and most of my EC on keys to open boxes to get Lobi to buy Photos (which have absolutely no use outside this event, can't trade for Epohh tags or ornaments or GPL or anything) to get this last day's 40 photos--because the race wouldn't be ready until 12PM PST for me.

If you're going to post "thru 2pm PST" on the event tracker for a whole month, then keep the event up through 2pm PST.

Well I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't experienced a single issue or bug in the last three weeks.
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ...Said maintenance will begin tomorrow morning at 7AM PDT, so get those last races in now and don't forget to slot those projects for your beloved ships before the event ends, or you will miss your chance until next winter!...

As far as I see it, this announcement by Q is about 1 hour off, or maintenance started 1 hour before this omnipotent being anticipated.

PS You can't even trust Q!
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tried years to gather Q photographs, but the racing thing always lag or crashes.
    Only manage to get 40 this year...
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    morden613 wrote: »
    "overloards", eh? Dammit Jim, I'm an omnipotent being, not a dictionary.
    *gingerbread, not ginger bread.
    *cue not queue, or if you want to be cute, say "Q".

(Spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck!)

In these days of auto-spellcheck, there's not much excuse for the first typo. The other two wouldn't be caught by a spellcheck program, tho. That takes an actual person with an actual working brain to catch. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    m1957flax wrote: »
    As far as I see it, this announcement by Q is about 1 hour off, or maintenance started 1 hour before this omnipotent being anticipated.

PS You can't even trust Q!

Yup, maintenance definitely started at least an hour earlier than it should (not that I had planned to finish anything important, but still, I could have rechecked I haven't forgotten anything and started another couple Doff assignements).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    huh, played last night and I KNOW the maint message said 6 am pacific time
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Aww, man. All errors in maintenance start time aside, when I was playing earlier this morning the event description said it was going till noon. I was hoping to get my brand new captain in and get her one of the discounted ships. =(
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • karahanraskarahanras Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Said event should end 8pm(gmt) when I looked last night which is/was after the maintenance should have ended.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just noticed, as I finally hit 40 with a character, that the Breen Warp Cores have vanished from the Winter Event Shop.

In previous years, the goodies have always remained in the Shop. Why was this year different?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
This discussion has been closed.