What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q's Winter Wonderland Event Returns!

Comments

• Options
    kencyr11kencyr11 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    is pets get a heal effect anytime the carrier uses a heal...as long as the fighters are within 5 km of the heals target
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Does anyone know what the starship trait on the carrier is?

they wrote it down in the darn dev blog, so you can read it for yourself ;)
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Twitter says maintenance is complete 30 minutes early, however ...
    Server Status light turns green 12 minutes after the scheduled restart time ...
    42 minutes later ... Facepalm.

Server status light is green but server constantly responds with
    "Connection to the login server timed out." ... Double Facepalm.

edit: 10 minutes later ... finally able to log in, but immediately get...
    "Server Not Responding" ... Tripple Facepalm!
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    So I'm having a bug with the reputation projects to claim the ships already. A couple of bugs actually.

1: When I slot any of the ship projects, I can't slot any of the other ones unless I cancel the one I already slotted.
    2: I already own the ships from the last two year's events, but it still wants 1000 pictures on my new character.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I'm having a bug with the reputation projects to claim the ships already. A couple of bugs actually.

1: When I slot any of the ship projects, I can't slot any of the other ones unless I cancel the one I already slotted.
    2: I already own the ships from the last two years events, but it still wants 1000 pictures on my new character.

The new ship will cost 1,000 for the first toon, then 20 (something like that) after that.

The older ships, if you want it on other toons, will already be 20 (something like that) starting today.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    cidjack wrote: »
    The new ship will cost 1,000 for the first toon, then 20 (something like that) after that.

The older ships, if you want it on other toons, will already be 20 (something like that) starting today.

Yeah I know that, what I'm saying is that the Chell Grett and the Plesh Brekk are telling me they need 1000. But I already have them on other characters, so the discount doesn't seem to be applying.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone else having a problem with the Chell Gret discount not unlocking? I have the ship on several characters but the project still wants 1000 pictures. The Raider has the discount though.
    edited December 2014
    Anyone else having a problem with the Chell Gret discount not unlocking? I have the ship on several characters but the project still wants 1000 pictures. The Raider has the discount though.

Look at my post above yours. :P

Also, sadly the new warp cores don't come with the ship, and frankly they're expensive for alting. That sucks. :(
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    they wrote it down in the darn dev blog, so you can read it for yourself ;)

Oh, there we go. I mistook it as starship mastery for some reason.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    We hope you enjoy my Winter Wonderland dear mortals!

The event will run from today until January 15th, 2015, so don't miss your chance to get all the Winter Rewards you desire. And don't forget to run The Fastest Game on Ice for your T6 Breen Shar Theln Carrier!

Watch our for those Snow Borg my good captains, as they intend on turning you into one of the frozen populace of this seasonal event for all of time! Mwahahaha!

Winter Wonderlandly yours,
    Q
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1. Bug Found if you have the 2 old Breen Ships already at T5-U you cant get a new one in a Box for 40 only for the new T6 it works.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    yahtzeemanyahtzeeman Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Does the discount apply to all ships? I don't have any Breen ships, so if I get 1k autographs on each toon will I be able to unlock 1 ship/toon and have the discount for all ships?
  • Options
    hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ussberlin wrote: »
    1. Bug Found if you have the 2 old Breen Ships already at T5-U you cant get a new one in a Box for 40 only for the new T6 it works.

if you are on about the chell i had one still t5.0 and you STILL cant get it at 40 picks unlike the raider
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have to say that the Winter Wonderland looks great.

Thanks for the people who remade it and have a nice season.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yes, I noted this as well. I just checked and I never upgraded it.

p.s. weeeee really happy to be in winter wonderland
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ir0ncladbravoir0ncladbravo Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bioixi wrote: »
    Please tell me they don't adapt, that's a very annoying mechanic and the main reason I don't play Borg ground missions and queues.

If the Borg didnt adapt they would not be as fearsome but they dont adapt to the shotgun lmao
    Everytime I see complaints about the same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice visuals and appropriate use of Ethan Phillips.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am very disappointed at the forced grind attacked to purchasing stuff from the Holiday Vendor. Why do I have to run something called, Tide of Ice, that I haven't even seem active 5 times before I can buy a hat? :mad:
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am very disappointed at the forced grind attacked to purchasing stuff from the Holiday Vendor. Why do I have to run something called, Tide of Ice, that I haven't even seem active 5 times before I can buy a hat? :mad:

I'm more annoyed that they didn't actually say anything about it. The Dev blog specifically said that we had to run the event once to unlock all new items, yet they aren't unlocked after running it the first time.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    cuatela wrote: »
    I'm more annoyed that they didn't actually say anything about it. The Dev blog specifically said that we had to run the event once to unlock all new items, yet they aren't unlocked after running it the first time.

Looks like the Cryo Warp Core needs 10 Tides of Ice runs to be able to purchase. :( They can keep it! It seems that Tides of Ice only runs on the hour. I have better things to do than to bother with events with such ridiculous time gates.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lag, timeouts... disconnects... mission bugs.... a great way to start the winter event
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Looks like the Cryo Warp Core needs 10 Tides of Ice runs to be able to purchase. :( They can keep it! It seems that Tides of Ice only runs on the hour. I have better things to do than to bother with events with such ridiculous time gates.

Yeah I just noticed that too. Definitely not a possibility to get it for all of my alts now then. Bad enough how expensive it was, but ten runs per toon, only running once an hour guaranteed is ten hours worth of waiting, times that by 15 toons... TRIBBLE that.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited December 2014

5 times for a HAT?

10 times for the warp/sing cores?

Yeah, i think I'll pass as well.

I was wanting to get the kit modules for my alts but I'll be damned if I'm going to run the event more than once, let alone 5-10 times PER ALT in order to open the blasted store. The blog did say "at least once", so I should have known that they were going to make us grind like crazy.

I WAS looking forward to this years event since I've enjoyed it the last 2 years. But this year? I think I might just run the race to get the new ship and then be done with the event.

Only way I think this event can be saved, make it so that 1 run is required to open the store, but after that the store sells EVERYTHING! If you want to make it even better, once one alt opens it, it's open for ALL alts on the account.

I mean, come on. Participating still rewards the ornaments so it's not like folks would run it once and then never run it again.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow! You must really want a hat if thats the requirements!.
    Should just put them in the open store, we would of played tides of ice anyway cryptic!
  • Options
    c0ldwint3rc0ldwint3r Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can anyone tell me how I can play this game with all the Lags?

I try to do things in Winterwonderland and every few minutes "Server not responding" over 60 seconds or longer. Since 2 weeks Disconnects, "server not responding" and massive lags every few minutes. It doesn't matter what I do, or where my char is.:mad:
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,653 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone know how to fix not getting discounts on the Breen Warship? Got it on two chars the first year, but no discount event after slotting the project.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Anyone know how to fix not getting discounts on the Breen Warship? Got it on two chars the first year, but no discount event after slotting the project.

Nope, the devs ignored those questions and just posted a "Hope you're all enjoying it!" post...
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nope, the devs ignored those questions and just posted a "Hope you're all enjoying it!" post...

wait till 11.12.2014 maybe they fix it then or a week later i dont think this will be fixed in a emergency Patch tomorow
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    tom61sto wrote: »

You only get the discount on a ship you have completed this year. If you have slotted a project for a ship today, completed it, then slotted the same on on another character and didn't get the discount. Then that would go against what they have stated. Ship project completions from last years event or previous years do not count from my understanding.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
This discussion has been closed.