test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland Event Returns!

Comments

• chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    Definitely one of your more innocuous choices. ;)

I enjoy this for being the one time of year where if I provoke you enough times I can get him to make my Devidian toon show his true form and not just his shapeshifted human disguise, seeing as no one has created a Devidian holoemitter overlay that I am aware of yet...

Somehow everytime someone says something like this about eppohs i picture your char changing into a male /female/trill/borg epoh and they race. Like running along a round track. But bouncing on cute four legs.

Not sure if there is somethng like this. But it would be super fun.

Looking forward to the event and maybe getting my own snow boots. Yay.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its a Chel Grett Warship, which is apparently classified as a Destroyer by its T5U mastery tree. Just like some of the other player versions of ships, they apparently differ from the NPC counterparts. For example: the NPC Plesh Brek is a frigate, while the playable one is a Heavy Raider.

We'll be getting Plesh Brek Frigates soon enough for our hangars. ;)

Yes, I'm aware that you're right. :P

Thus my more realistic suggestion to fix the project name since it clearly states "Claim a Breen Cruiser". I've got it right there under the Event Rep on one of my Romulan captains; I didn't have the Shipyard space for it at the time, so I saved the project and some Q-Pics. It's a relatively minor thing, but it just feels incredibly sloppy that they might have the same "Claim a Breen Cruiser" project two years after Cruiser Commands came out and it was designated a Destroyer.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • haskanaelevahaskanaeleva Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    better be more fun then last year, otherwise I wanna run trough it with a flame trower xD
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ssargon wrote: »
    Read this in John de Lancie's voice. It was glorious!

I tried. I failed. :o

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited December 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Let them grind, let them grind
    Can't hold them back anymore
    Turn my back and slam the door
    And here I stand
    And here Ill stay
    The lack of fun never bothered me anyway

*whistles the tune to 'Let it Go' as she walks into the distance*

Masochism
    Uh huh uh huh
    I like it

:)
  • streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thoroughly looking forward to this year's Winter Event. I sometimes think that people take this game far too seriously sometimes, so it's always fun to get away from all the seriousness and have a bit of a laugh!
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • chahk42chahk42 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q wrote: »
    How dare you mortals question my remarkably refined taste in decor!

That is not ice! That is the most valuable and priceless Breen Hydro-crystalline formations you or anyone outside of the Breen Confederacy have ever laid eyes upon!

I am going to enjoy changing you into an ice-arachnid my little art critic. Then we will see what you think of frozen landscape architecture and design.

Ski Lodge indeed.

What do I look like, a snow-bunny?

Oh Picard, Picard... where are you mon capitaine... sigh...

This really is a thankless job, isn't it? I don't know how the Devs do it.

Dramatic & Omnipotently yours,
    Q

I too read that in John de Lancie's voice. It was mmmmmmarvelous!
  • snowpig74snowpig74 Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q wrote: »
    I don't know how the Devs do it.

Dramatic & Omnipotently yours,
    Q

Imposter! A true Q would have known it.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Since no one else asked Q, please tell me The Frosty Borgman Band cant adapt, can they? Ive never gotten around to grinding for a snow gun. Maybe this year I will for at least one toon. But if they start adapting to my arm thrown snowballs, Im s*** out of luck and will just walk away.

And heres the link to my favorite Q moment of all time
    "My good fortune is your good fortune!"
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seriously borg snowman no offense but after battling snowman at the lake and in te gingerbread city there is just to much fighting snowman now another enemy would be just as good like a army of cyborg santas or elves at least my klingon has his snow gun
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Assuming this game makes it to Christmas 2015, Ive got a suggestion for winter wonderland enemies next year...

Assimilated Wooden Soldiers!

When I was a kid, the March of the Wooden Soldiers freaked me out, even though they were the good guys in the movie.

Assimilate THIS
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are the complete german speaking office in holidays? Still no news on the winter event on the german site. No translation of the blog. Your department were very quiet the last weeks. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Assuming this game makes it to Christmas 2015, Ive got a suggestion for winter wonderland enemies next year...

Assimilated Wooden Soldiers!

When I was a kid, the March of the Wooden Soldiers freaked me out, even though they were the good guys in the movie.

Assimilate THIS

This game too popular and it will be around for years to come as they improve it. Your right on the mark there with Assimilated Borg Wooden Soldiers would be need. B&W March of the Wooden Soldiers was something for it's time. I wasn't around when it was released but when I did see it was something different than that they produce today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    Good Morrow Dear Mortals,

Prepare yourselves for my next masterpiece of blogging brilliance. I bring you details of the fabulous trinkets you mortals treasure so, all with the help of my Ferengi friends.

Stay tuned as I am feeling very generous this year, and await your adulation over my generosity.

Awww, to give such gifts to such adoring fans. This truely is a wonderful season!

Omnipotently yours,
    Q
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are the complete german speaking office in holidays? Still no news on the winter event on the german site. No translation of the blog. Your department were very quiet the last weeks. ;)

Darum sind wir alle hier. (That's why we are all here)

But we had this nice little Lobi/Dauntless/Key gift thing from the European PWE guys gg
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will Endothermic Induction Field be compatible with the current Geologist Doffs? If so, it would go great with my blue-themed Sci.
  • QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    Congratulations Dear Mortals,

My latest blog is now live, and it is positively masterful! My delightful minion Trendy has packed so much Winter fun into this blog that I expect most of you to explode in a fit of Holiday wondermeant.

New Weapons, including weapons with cold abilities to be used outside of the Winter Event will be available for the first time in STO history!

Make sure to get yourself a pack of Gingerbread guards, Abominable Mugato friends and of course, new winter jackets!

I'm afraid I cannot spoil anymore of this news, so click here to read to news!

You are welcome my dear mortal friends, most welcome indeed.

Graciously yours,
    Q
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "The Impaler" ... nice. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Clarification:

The kit modules cannot be used for the winter wonderland combat events? Or are they excepted from the usual limitations?
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    New kit modules. Interesting.

Also that snowman pet....y'all have been watching that old Rankin/Bass Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer haven't you?
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ermahged... I did not see the sarr theln carrier coming! What a surprise :D
    Well it looks like my hording of ornaments will pay off!.
    Also I cant fraking wait for this to start ( my favourite part of the STO calendar ).
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Aww, I hate grenades. :(

And y u no make chroniton nanopulse like I told you to?

Or I mean, at least a color other than green; we already have green. Yellow?

Neat ice stuff though, I'll pick up some sets of it for my alts. My scis will enjoy endothermic induction field.

Who wants to bet that everything (sans costumes) is bind on pickup?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    By Q, you've done it again!

Is it December 4th yet???
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think most players are more interested in the winter event than DR rofl.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm really, really looking forward to this. :D
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yay, more nanopulse blades for my alts! :D

And the new snow guns look fun; I'm looking forward to trying.

Is it Thursday yet?
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the SarR Theln got a facelift ugh well as long as i get my plesh brek friget pets i guess i can suffer lol

• z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dont care about delta rising, WINTER WONDERLAND BABY!!!!! why isn't Thursday yet! Damn you Tuesday, damn you to hell!!!!
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Is the "Minty green" a different shade from last year?

2011 gave us the Blue Blade
    2012 gave us the Purple Blade
    2013 gave us the Green Blade.

If this is a different shade, maybe we need the modifier changed to [Mnt] to differentiate from last year.
    If it's the same one, I would propose bringing back the old colors as well. (Was inactive those years) :P
This discussion has been closed.