test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland Event Returns!

Comments

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Sounds awesome, and for the first time in weeks I'm looking forward to playing again with fleetmates. Many who've left in disgust over DR are planning to come back. This could be a good thing ;)
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you log in with your toons (assuming you have the Plesh Brek and the Chel Grett on them), you will get a notice that you have unlocked an account wide discount for your other toons, so it'll be like the summer event.
    To play the Devil's advocate here, the fact they enabled the alt-friendly mechanic on the Chel Grett and Plesh Brek in some patch sfter the summer event doesn't necessarily mean they'll also enable it for the Sarr Theln. And we also don't know how many Q-pics they'll charge us for it.
    mgoblin2 wrote: »
    Sadly, it is the Sarr Theln. I just seriously hope the devs chose to keep the original design as an alternate skin. Had a unique, but still very Breen-made look about it :(

This new one just looks like a fat Chel Grett.

Assuming that pic is correct, yes, sorta like a overdesigned Chel Grett. First I though it was a collection of all the breen ships together (like the thundercougarfalconbird class or whatever that bug was called) in one big mess. But it doesn't seem to contain either the Grett or the Brek parts. So :(.

EDIT: Also, given the PvP race start reduction to only twice per hour, it'd make sense to double the rewards. But sense and STO don't go well together, I fear. Not even the omnipotent Q can help us.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    double posted, my bad..
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fan-Smegging-Tastic.....
    Time to dust off the santa suit, see you at the snow everyone :cool:
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The ship mechanic will indeed be similar to the Risian Summer Event.

You can unlock the ship for the full price on one character, and after you have completed that event rep project and claimed the ship, all your alts will unlock the shorter version to complete for the same ship.

As for the older ships, you can still slot the projects for those this year, but be warned, if you have your old project from last year still active and slotted, you may not see the new ship project as an option until after you have either completed your previous ship project, or cancelled it. WARNING: Cancelling your old project with any autographs paid into it will destroy these autographs and not grant them back to you, so if you have say 580 out of 1000 already paid into the project, and you cancel it, you will loose those 580 autographs.

REMINDER: You can jump into the Lobi store to buy Q's Autograph packages to quickly finish any previous winter ship projects, or to help with this year's once you have activated it.

Hope this clears things up for everyone! Looking forward to seeing you in the Winter Event! :)

~CaptainSmirk
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2014

REMINDER: You can jump into the Lobi store to buy Q's Autograph packages to quickly finish any previous winter ship projects, or to help with this year's once you have activated it.

Hope this clears things up for everyone! Looking forward to seeing you in the Winter Event! :)

~CaptainSmirk

IS this still 3-5 like previously?
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    EDIT: Nevermind... I just got Ninja'd by The Smirk and my question was answered!

AWESOME! Thank You! :)
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    IS this still 3-5 like previously?

As far as i know it is still the same amount as last year.

~CaptainSmirk
    edited December 2014

You can unlock the ship for the full price on one character, and after you have completed that event rep project and claimed the ship, all your alts will unlock the shorter version to complete for the same ship.

As for the older ships, you can still slot the projects for those this year, but be warned, if you have your old project from last year still active and slotted, you may not see the new ship project as an option until after you have either completed your previous ship project, or cancelled it. WARNING: Cancelling your old project with any autographs paid into it will destroy these autographs and not grant them back to you, so if you have say 580 out of 1000 already paid into the project, and you cancel it, you will loose those 580 autographs.

~CaptainSmirk

That's good news. But what do you mean by "similar"? That'd imply it's not the same thing as with the Grett and Brek. Those were 1000 Q-pics for first unlock and 40 Q-pics on alts. Do those numbers change?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is good. I will try to get a couple winter jackets this year. Last year I got scarves for my characters.

I don't know about the ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Third: Why are you reducing the number of PvP races from 4 per hour (:15, :22, :45, :52) to only 2 per hour (:15, :22)? I could say the same for the Snowman attack. This time it's only happening once per hour instead of twice.

Given all those events take place in different places (the borgified snowmen apparently attack in a new part of the map per the blog), why can't they run concurrently? Let players choose where they wanna be!

LMAO! Let the players choose where to play, that's a good one! If DR has taught us anything, it's that we play the content the Devs want us to play when they want us to play it and we play nothing else or it's an exploit. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q wrote: »
    Our good Chef has gone back to work in his kitchen to prepare more confectionery delights. But never fear, he has left a familiar face to delight you all! You shall meet this savory character very soon, dear mortals!
    My ship just somehow picked up an emergency transmission from an Intel Officer already in the Winter Wonderland. The following scene is not for the faint of heart! And definitively not a standard Starfleet Survival Guide tactic, but you have to be imaginative in extreme situations like these:

Transmission: 0212201447

We are still trying to reestablish contact with this officer.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
    edited December 2014
    LMAO! Let the players choose where to play, that's a good one! If DR has taught us anything, it's that we play the content the Devs want us to play when they want us to play it and we play nothing else or it's an exploit. :P

Oh, I know. I was just hoping Q in all his wisdom could do better.

• ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Snowverlord? Oh lawd, this blog.

Great post, great art for the post.

And my oh my somebody at Cryptic has been watching Frozen a lot.

http://puu.sh/d7gKa/043f9fa0d1.png
    http://puu.sh/d7gXW/6e29544b70.png

Looks great.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/fc/b1/fcb154888cade7e8f7d7853d11a572821417148081.png

'dat aurora

Hmm... "That puush could not be found." Are those hosted anywhere else?
    edited December 2014
    ssargon wrote: »
    Hmm... "That puush could not be found." Are those hosted anywhere else?

I saved them in time, it looks.

They seem to show a new (very bad) look for the Sarr Theln.

http://postimg.org/image/dwssfdx5j/
    http://postimg.org/image/ri929rrgv/

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Is their absolutely no chance of the pearls and autographs changing to some other token over the years? I plan on running the Winter Event on 3 characters so I can get the 2015 and 2016 Event ships on the first day without spending Lobi. I already did this for the Summer Event.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Oh... oh dear now I sort of wish I heeded the feedback in the thread and didn't seek them. The old Sarr Theln was an impressive ship, I had hoped they'd retouch it like they did the other two, but... not remake it entirely.

Well maybe it'll grow on me.

...It sure grew out. Thank you for rehosting it, at any rate.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2014

That redesign has sealed my lack of interest in the ship grind. I also liked the old design and was looking forward to finally getting to fly it. :(
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q! What did you go and do to the wonderland? The wooden bridges and gazebo were cool and gave it a ski lodge feel. Now it looks more like something "frozen" out of a Disney movie about Cinderella or something. I'm half expecting some little fairy to fly by with a wand and pixie dust.

:eek::confused::P
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Could we have Christmas trophies such as X-Mas trees, wreaths and other decorations so we can get our ship interiors decorated for the festive holidays?
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Just the new-skinned Sarr Theln [T6], or do we have the chance to run for a Chel Grett [T6] and/or Plesh Brek [T6]? Also, does the Chel Grett project still say Claim a Breen Cruiser? If so... can you get Q to tack on some Comms? Not that I'm calling Q a liar... he just got distracted by Vash. Two years after everything else called a cruiser gained Comms, though, he might want to either add a Comm (or several) or fix the name... :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Omygerd.

This. Is. Excellent.
  • QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    Q! What did you go and do to the wonderland? The wooden bridges and gazebo were cool and gave it a ski lodge feel. Now it looks more like something "frozen" out of a Disney movie about Cinderella or something. I'm half expecting some little fairy to fly by with a wand and pixie dust.

:eek::confused::P

How dare you mortals question my remarkably refined taste in decor!

That is not ice! That is the most valuable and priceless Breen Hydro-crystalline formations you or anyone outside of the Breen Confederacy have ever laid eyes upon!

I am going to enjoy changing you into an ice-arachnid my little art critic. Then we will see what you think of frozen landscape architecture and design.

Ski Lodge indeed.

What do I look like, a snow-bunny?

Oh Picard, Picard... where are you mon capitaine... sigh...

This really is a thankless job, isn't it? I don't know how the Devs do it.

Dramatic & Omnipotently yours,
    Q
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice pair of... erm... snowglobes on that Borg Snow-Queen.
  • opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Nice pair of... erm... snowglobes on that Borg Snow-Queen.

I cannot even tell you how much this Q person has trolled the playerbase since DR.

Whoever this person is, he'she is roleplaying Q pretty perfectly, and is incredibly talented at trolling. I pretty much feel trolled every time he/she posts. :D
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd say who's playing Q at this time (can't say the same person has always played Q) is fairly obvious...we know it's not LaughingTrendy...

The font color change is only a shade off from someone else's known technique, the sentence-to-paragraph ratio looks about right for who I'm thinking of, sense of humor isn't too far off either, and...oh, look at the Dev Tracker, Q seems to be on about the same time as someone else. :D

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Just the new-skinned Sarr Theln [T6], or do we have the chance to run for a Chel Grett [T6] and/or Plesh Brek [T6]? Also, does the Chel Grett project still say Claim a Breen Cruiser? If so... can you get Q to tack on some Comms? Not that I'm calling Q a liar... he just got distracted by Vash. Two years after everything else called a cruiser gained Comms, though, he might want to either add a Comm (or several) or fix the name... :P

Its a Chel Grett Warship, which is apparently classified as a Destroyer by its T5U mastery tree. Just like some of the other player versions of ships, they apparently differ from the NPC counterparts. For example: the NPC Plesh Brek is a frigate, while the playable one is a Heavy Raider.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.