Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    tasshena wrote: »
    Not to be a complainer or beat a dead horse, but will Caitians ever be able to save and load outfits without being told "invalid costume parts"?

It's happened on mine since go, and makes it aggravating to update all her costumes with the new DR tailor adjustments.

Just so that we can reproduce it - can you please post how you are encountering this?
    Is it when you go into the tailor, change a specific costume part and hit the "purchase" button?
    Is it related to a specific costume piece that you know of?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    i have one question:

Do males only have access to the Open Intel uniform? if i try them on at any tailor i only see the open version, short and long. My Hierarchy BOff also can only wear the open version. Btut for my female BOff i can select the closed uniform

O, actually, another Question

Is the Khan costume (not the TWOK Uniform) only available for Captains, not for Bridge Officers?

Officers should be able to wear any Uniform/costume too. (including Romulans, Jem`hadar and others btw)

The Hierarchy BOFF was released bugged - so there are still issues with it we are trying to work out.

The Khan costume is meant as Off-Duty only, and therefore not useable by BOFFs - only useable by Captains.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    callevista anyword on when the Fleet Admiral pips and Dahar Master ranks will be added
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There's a bug where the female Odyssey Long Coat matches the 'undershirt' color to the color of the coat itself. Conversely, the male Odyssey Long Coat undershirt is matched to the color of the stripe (which makes more sense).

We tried reproducing this - but to no avail.
    Can you post a screenshot of this happening so that we can further investigate?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    callevista anyword on when the Fleet Admiral pips and Dahar Master ranks will be added

Yes, the fix was made already. But unfortunately it did not get to the live build when I had hoped. I was told yesterday that it will probably get updated end of next week.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    We tried reproducing this - but to no avail.
    Can you post a screenshot of this happening so that we can further investigate?
    Thanks!

Also seeing the Odyssey long jacket bug on females. Here are a couple of screenshots.

First, this is what the *normal* Odyssey jacket looks like: Example 1

Second, the Odyssey long jacket (veteran) as it is now: Example 2

That's with the same colors in all fields. The long jacket had the same color fields as the normal uniform jacket prior to DR. Notice that the *inside* of the long jacket's collar is still red.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also seeing the Odyssey long jacket bug on females. Here are a couple of screenshots.

First, this is what the *normal* Odyssey jacket looks like: Example 1

Second, the Odyssey long jacket (veteran) as it is now: Example 2

That's with the same colors in all fields. The long jacket had the same color fields as the normal uniform jacket prior to DR. Notice that the *inside* of the long jacket's collar is still red.
    Yeah. The Long Odyssey Jacket misses the outlines/trimming on the collar too, aside of wrong "undershirt" collar. Best for comparison with old version and current, when I made an extensive Odyssey bug report.

Picture - HERE

To elaborate further - The "undershirt" now incorrectly matches the main color of the jacket. Further to demonstrate, HERE.

I've actually listed all the issues with Odyssey Long jacket/Dress Jacket I could find in my topic, along with pictures and when it occurs - HERE
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah. The Long Odyssey Jacket misses the outlines/trimming on the collar too, aside of wrong "undershirt" collar. Best for comparison with old version and current, when I made an extensive Odyssey bug report.

Picture - HERE

To elaborate further - The "undershirt" now incorrectly matches the main color of the jacket. Further to demonstrate, HERE.

I've actually listed all the issues with Odyssey Long jacket/Dress Jacket I could find in my topic, along with pictures and when it occurs - HERE

Thank you!
    This will help us a lot.
    -More to come as we get this addressed.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Callevista, did you get my PM before DR regarding the poll I sent you?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just so that we can reproduce it - can you please post how you are encountering this?
    Is it when you go into the tailor, change a specific costume part and hit the "purchase" button?
    Is it related to a specific costume piece that you know of?

Thanks!

I get this every time I try to save/load outfits, and every time I rename them. I literally can't save one costume/body combination then use 'load outfit only' to fix my captain in the tailors. "Outfit uses invalid costume parts." It doesn't. It uses standard costumes, but every time I try to rename or adjust like that, well "invalid parts".

M'iaria@AuroraKet if it helps
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Its come to my attention that there are a few combadges that clip when a female toon has medium to large busts.
    Terran empire badge doesnt sit flush against costume on any toon, male or female. If you turn sideways, see it floating in midair.
    The next generation - film combadge clips on female toons
    The next generation - series combadge clips on female toons
    The wrath of khan clips very slightly on bottom left corner of badge when looking at it
    Bajoran combadge sits forward,(floating in midair), at top part of combadge while bottom part sits flush against costume

i have been waiting for a very long time hoping this wouldve been fixed by now. The others look good. Any chance of seeing these fixed soon?

Not sure if these have already been posted or not here, but can see the thread i started here :

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1276511
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2014
    I got a new one.

The Seven of Nine catsuit no longer fits smoothly between top and bottom parts:

seven_bug.jpg

Pre DR it was a smooth transition, not any more, the step is going all around the torso.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The actual Seven of Nine has that same issue, it's most noticeable in cutscenes
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Hierarchy BOFF was released bugged - so there are still issues with it we are trying to work out.

The Khan costume is meant as Off-Duty only, and therefore not useable by BOFFs - only useable by Captains.

Thanks for the Reply but still my BOffs and I can´t use the Closed Intel Uniform (the Variant worn by Rai Sahen) So it has nothing to do with just the Hierarchy BOFF

And If we get the Fleet Admiral Ranks please fix the problem with the Ranks on the Odyssey Dress Uniform. They are still clipping into the Collar.

Will there be Fleet Admiral Ranks for the TNG Season 1 Admirals uniform and the TWOK Uniform?

And here some older canon-related Problems (sorry :P )

The Wrath of Khan Uniform still does not have the Pips and Stripes on the Left Sleeve and there should be a second Rank insignia above the stripe on the left Sleeve.

The Enterprise Uniform should have an Admiral Variant or at least get Admiral Pips on both sides and the stripes on the Sleeves as seen here : http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060308162228/memoryalpha/en/images/5/5f/Manny_Coto_%28Admiral%29.jpg

The Rank insignia onthe Shoulders of the "Motion Picture " Uniform is Wrong (Stars, not Stripes)

And the Mirror universe Enterprise uniform is clipping on females.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    tasshena wrote: »
    I get this every time I try to save/load outfits, and every time I rename them. I literally can't save one costume/body combination then use 'load outfit only' to fix my captain in the tailors. "Outfit uses invalid costume parts." It doesn't. It uses standard costumes, but every time I try to rename or adjust like that, well "invalid parts".

M'iaria@AuroraKet if it helps

Thanks!
    We will look into it.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Thanks!
    We will look into it.

Could you also look into the bug which has plagued the tailor system since LoR launched where in checking the box to 'load outfit only' actually loads the physical parameters too? It's annoying when you want to quickly change all of your BOFF costumes to something new as you can't just load up the outfit based on gender any more and you have to go through each officer and manually change them otherwise they all end up looking like clones.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Regarding the Female Odyssey Jackets' "undershirt" or "undercollar" color issue...
    We have looked at it, and the colors on that part of the Odyssey Jacket are tied to the trim color from what we have seen. A new update will go out soon, (in about a week). If it is still tied to the main jacket color instead of the trim color then please let us know.

As for the Female Odyssey uniforms that have clipping problems along the neck area ... we adjusted the neck area so that more bulk could be given to the neck without clipping.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Reminds me this thread says that on April of this year 2014 the be'ves bug was fixed but it has never been fixed rofl.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've had issues with clipping between the Dyson jacket and skirt:

6txWUM7.png?1

Also, more of a request than a fix, but would it be possible to allow combadges on the Dyson uniform and the winter jackets?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Where are you seeing an open-jacket Intel uniform? Because I don't have that option on any character or boff, male or female, even the Potato boff. There's only short or long.

Simple, Go to the Jenolan Sphere, then to the Delta Command. I assume you know where to find Galera and Commander Burgess? You will see that Galera is wearing the long, open version. and Commander Rai Sahen is wearing the short closed Version.

If i visit the Tailor i only get the jacket Galera is wearing, the open one for the long and the Short version. It loooks like they just cut the lower half off.

But i have seen screenshots of People wearing the closed Version like Rai Sahen so there has to be a way to get that.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Simple, Go to the Jenolan Sphere, then to the Delta Command. I assume you know where to find Galera and Commander Burgess? You will see that Galera is wearing the long, open version. and Commander Rai Sahen is wearing the short closed Version.

If i visit the Tailor i only get the jacket Galera is wearing, the open one for the long and the Short version. It loooks like they just cut the lower half off.

But i have seen screenshots of People wearing the closed Version like Rai Sahen so there has to be a way to get that.

Nice catch, I hadn't even noticed that. Did a little investigating and it appears to be a gender issue.

Females

Males
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am sorry if this has been brought up already but thanks to my migraine after visiting the Tailor,
    I couldn't find it.

There is an issue between the Odyssey Excursion belt loop colours and the Odyssey Excursion Arms and Hips Attachements colours. They are linked together.

I bought 2 Ferengis, 2 Rigelians and 2 Tellarite Boffs from the Exchange and wanted to give them the OE uniform based on the 2410 Uniform Guide.

As soon as I change the colour of the OE Belt loops, the colors of the Attachements change too.

And another thing: I saved one OE outfit, and tried to reload it on the other new Boffs. Then I received a message where it tells me that the uniform data is to old and not possible to load.
    So I had to tailor every new Boff from scratch with the OE uniform. But I stopped halfway through.. :(

Would be nice if we could get ready to use templates for the Odyssey and Bortas uniform variants.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Nice catch, I hadn't even noticed that. Did a little investigating and it appears to be a gender issue.

Females

Males

Thought so first too but then i saw this:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1262841

Looks like a male to me.

And a few days after Delta Rising launched i could select both types at the tailor. Wish i had bought it back then.. Seems it has been changed since.

And still the closed version looks so great i hope we get a male version too, if there is none anymore.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Ah. In that case, there are some pretty major inconsistencies in who gets access to what.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thought so first too but then i saw this:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1262841

Looks like a male to me.

And a few days after Delta Rising launched i could select both types at the tailor. Wish i had bought it back then.. Seems it has been changed since.

And still the closed version looks so great i hope we get a male version too, if there is none anymore.

Hmmm. Ok, I'll do some more investigating and see what I come up with. I only tested the theory out with two females and two males (1 Alien Fem, 1 Lib Rom Fem, 1 Alien Male, 1 Talaxian Male). I'll go through my other 11 characters who are a mix of species and see if it's all of them or if some men have access to it.

Edit: I've now gone through all of my characters and I'm getting the same findings. Between the 15 of them in total, only females have the closed top short jacket version. I'm actually hoping that this is an error because, as that post you linked shows, males did have access to that at first. Really, I'd like access to a closed AND open variant of both jackets.
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Any news on combadge clipping all the time?
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Figured this was the best place to post this...

The Female Delta Alliance Rep Armor has some major polygonal issues with the chest piece:
    http://i.imgur.com/RtGvQDP.png

Some other minor issues:
    Fleet Embassy Mini-skirt has clipping issues with its integrated belt.
    Federation Reman Females can't wear the Lobi Ferengi costumes.
    The Tholian Silk Robe has some texture stretching issues over the right breast.

Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the Odyssey Dress belt is not available for male characters if you are wearing the mid ankle or knee high pants. On female characters it's available, but not males.

Edit: I have also noticed an issue on the Intel long jacket for females. When applying pips and a commbadge, the colors are connected. I can't change the colors of the pips without the colors on the commbadge changing too.
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmmm. Ok, I'll do some more investigating and see what I come up with. I only tested the theory out with two females and two males (1 Alien Fem, 1 Lib Rom Fem, 1 Alien Male, 1 Talaxian Male). I'll go through my other 11 characters who are a mix of species and see if it's all of them or if some men have access to it.

Edit: I've now gone through all of my characters and I'm getting the same findings. Between the 15 of them in total, only females have the closed top short jacket version. I'm actually hoping that this is an error because, as that post you linked shows, males did have access to that at first. Really, I'd like access to a closed AND open variant of both jackets.
    I only looked on one Fed char, but I checked both him and all his BOffs. the guys had open short and long, the girls had open long and closed short.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Would it be possible to add Romulan issues to the list?
    - absence of Romulan Male hairstyles Romulan 3 and Romulan 4;
    - no Tal Shiar Chest gear for the females, avaialable only for the males atm;
    - no Tal Shiar belt for males, avaialable only for the females atm.

In-game handle @Janetza