What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

7200 Mia?

Comments

• Options
    trezlanlorentinotrezlanlorentino Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just to be clear MIA would be mirror invasion advanced? I'm asking for a friend who's getting off work in like an hour in a half *cough*.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Exploit or Santa Claus, the bottom line is that the people making these adjustments need to double check their work. Though I wouldn't rule out Cryptic trolling to see which players actually take advantage of the exploit. If it has gotten to that point, this game has sunk to a new low.

Can't wait to see what happens. From what others say, I would bet the fix the patch and everyone keeps their Dil. It seems to be habitual with Cryptic.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I really doubt its a test at all. Especially since they just changed advanced to have lower hps so people would be more likely to run them. Again never attribute to malice what stupidity will explain. A simple mistake is way more easy to understand than some elaborate troll.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    They best sort this out asap.

Tbh this is an blatant exploit and people know it.

See this is what I honestly hated most about the Tau Dewa debacle. The EP threw around the word 'exploit' out of convenience and now everything is an exploit.

This is not an exploit. This is entirely a fault of the devs. Players are earning extra dilithium paying the game exactly the way it's been designed. If playing the game the same way as you did before the patch is an exploit, then I would seriously question everything in-game. I would actually have to wonder if day to day activities will be labeled an exploit the next week.

I don't care if this is removed, emergency patched, called a bug. I do care if players are blamed for a dev not double-checking his or her work.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I don't see the dev's blaming the players, but at the same point I don't think that they will probably let people keep the Dil, and that's their choice. Because again its supposed to award 720, if it gives you 7200 that's a bug and you aren't supposed to have it and so if they take it out you can't scream that they nerfed you, they gave you the original amount you were supposed to have.
  • Options
    sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Yes, the points were given back, in a desperate attempt to stem the tide of people quitting after becoming too fed up with Cryptic's BS. Judging by the number of people around today, it hasn't quite worked. Trying to pull something like that again would make bloody sure there wasn't anyone left.

*yawn*

/10chars
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    still too hard, theres like 50 mirror ships within the 1st 2 minutes with hp walls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't see the dev's blaming the players, but at the same point I don't think that they will probably let people keep the Dil, and that's their choice. Because again its supposed to award 720, if it gives you 7200 that's a bug and you aren't supposed to have it and so if they take it out you can't scream that they nerfed you, they gave you the original amount you were supposed to have.

most likely it will depend on how many purposefully exploit it, the que's haven't exploded with players running it so either word of this hasn't spread far enough yet or ppl are actually being sensible for a change and steering clear until it gets fixed

if the data shows no more ppl run it now compared to before the patch no harm no foul

i'm hoping the trend holds long enough for the devs to fix it
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lots of people in PESTF and other channels are trying to run MIA. So far, I've only seen one success in like 2 hours.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Lots of people in PESTF and other channels are trying to run MIA. So far, I've only seen one success in like 2 hours.

Maybe they upped the reward to get people to play it so they could see the numbers on the success rate and other stuff. It's just bizarre enough to perhaps be the explanation.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Maybe they upped the reward to get people to play it so they could see the numbers on the success rate and other stuff. It's just bizarre enough to perhaps be the explanation.

Thats pure evil make the reward amazing then laugh as almost no one can finish it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    Thats pure evil make the reward amazing then laugh as almost no one can finish it.

or insanely funny... maybe there was a way to punish those exploiters after all.....muhahahahahaha

note: not being serious, in case no one caught that
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    See this is what I honestly hated most about the Tau Dewa debacle. The EP threw around the word 'exploit' out of convenience and now everything is an exploit.

This is not an exploit. This is entirely a fault of the devs. Players are earning extra dilithium paying the game exactly the way it's been designed. If playing the game the same way as you did before the patch is an exploit, then I would seriously question everything in-game. I would actually have to wonder if day to day activities will be labeled an exploit the next week.

I don't care if this is removed, emergency patched, called a bug. I do care if players are blamed for a dev not double-checking his or her work.

Taking advantage of a bug for personal gain is an exploit, whether it is small like this one, or complex like (hypothetical) using a photonic tribble from the second floor of ESD, then using transwarp to a mission start, then queuing up and all your beam overloads get a buggy buff for infinite damage.

Saying its the devs fault or its OK because the code let's you do it, is not significantly different than developing a new synthetic performance enhancing drug and arguing THIS specific drug isn't illegal yet so its not cheating for athletes to use it unlike steroids. Its a shady technicality.

Where a reward table makes things complicated is many won't know about it until they benefitted from it. Cryptic should be able to see person A got two broken rewards, should not be an issue. Person B got a reward every 20 minutes for 7 hours only stopping when the queue was locked. And that second person should have their dil removed. But given cryptics well proven inability to do this right, I hope they don't try.

I really hope they don't.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, a dev must have sensed a disturbance in the grind, the mirror universe were just removed from the mission queue. Even for MiN, which was not affected by the bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    so did they take Mirror Invasion down? Cant see it in the queue list.
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The quality control process at Cryptic is either broken or non-existent. This is a laughable oversight and if they aren't ashamed of themselves, they should be.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So I trust that if the queue is being removed temporarily, the event duration will be increased accordingly?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Great looks like i will not be able to get the 14 items on some of my toons thanks cryptic.
  • Options
    ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this is further proof that cryptic has no idea how to manage their own game. dont be mad at them theyre simply ignorant.

Oh and for the OP im gonna wreck you for snitching on the dil bonus u fool. keep your mouth closed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    omgbamf00omgbamf00 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    Great looks like i will not be able to get the 14 items on some of my toons thanks cryptic.

Don't jump to conclusions. Depending how long it takes to get MI back up, they will most likely extend the event a couple days.

@op - THANK YOU for sharing this. Some d-bags in this thread really don't care about the game... only themselves.
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lets be clear about this as there is no point in speculation. The best predictor of the future, is the past.

This is clearly a massive exploit, one which many people are now aware of. If anyone is running repeated missions to cash in, then don't whine when the Devs take it away from you.

Personally, I'm happy getting close to 6K in the Dyson ground battlezone fair and square.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    yep, its down, hopefully gets fixed quickly

maybe a stupid question but couldn't they have left normal up or is it somehow all connected?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    yep, its down, hopefully gets fixed quickly

maybe a stupid question but couldn't they have left normal up or is it somehow all connected?

I would assume it was connected.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Mirror invasion normal is down? Now just how the frak am I going to get my shotgun?
  • Options
    mavfinmavfin Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Mirror invasion normal is down? Now just how the frak am I going to get my shotgun?

You only need 14 out of 21 days, so 1 night won't kill you....
  • Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    7200 Dil?

Golf clap, cryptic, golf clap.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    Thank you. My signature is from my role-playing group. We are furry and kitty friendly. :)

But your Caitian looks so sad, being snubbed by all the cool girls, and all alone.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    mavfin wrote: »
    You only need 14 out of 21 days, so 1 night won't kill you....

Not everyone can login everynight...
  • Options
    tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I did normal just before it went down and it gave me 685 dill and and extra 250 when i selected i wanted fleet marks.