What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

7200 Mia?

13»

Comments

• knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    Did someone add an extra zero or is this the new dil drop rate?

You just ruined my 8-10 grind-time tonight by reporting this today. Thanks.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    Not everyone can login everynight...

Wait and see if they extend the event. They have in the past when problems came up with other events.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The quality control process at Cryptic is either broken or non-existent. This is a laughable oversight and if they aren't ashamed of themselves, they should be.
    That's probably because the Cryptic QA were not able to complete MiA. I'm not blaming them, mind you, only tried once, never again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    That's probably because the Cryptic QA were not able to complete MiA. I'm not blaming them, mind you, only tried once, never again.

Tried it.
    Got crushed repeatedly.
    Said, "Ok", back to battlezones.
    :D
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh and for the OP im gonna wreck you for snitching on the dil bonus u fool. keep your mouth closed!

If you need Dil that bad, just do VBZ. There is plenty of Dil to be had there. In any case, been vaped too many times to care.

knuhteb5 wrote: »

There is always tomorrow. If a lot of people miss this, Cryptic might grant an extra day as they have done with other issue days. I hope the grind will go well with you for tomorrow's 8-10 time.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The quality control process at Cryptic is either broken or non-existent. This is a laughable oversight and if they aren't ashamed of themselves, they should be.
    They have a QA team, it's just very small. And nobody is safe from a typing error. But yeah, after all these years you would think they double- or tripple-check the stuff which is directly tied to the game economy. :rolleyes:
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    Thank you. My signature is from my role-playing group. We are furry and kitty friendly. :)

oh a kitty and furry friendly fleet sounds like my kind of fleet ^_^ hit me up in game if you want sounds cool @terracyrax

• velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    But your Caitian looks so sad, being snubbed by all the cool girls, and all alone.

If you notice, the kitty has a holoemitter on her left arm. ;) She's actually the sister of the one with red hair among the three girls--at least a holographic representation.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why would they? In the end they didn't punish people last time. Message: use of exploits is rewarded.

One TRIBBLE in one message attempts to redefine the word exploit to mean "anything that seems too good" and the kool-aide legion swallows..........it hook, line and sinker.

The computer term exploit involves the of a software bug to evade limitations put in place by the system. Here are some WOW examples:

Speed Hacking/Teleporting/Subterrain Travel - Since character position in World of ******** is determined by the client side, it is possible for players to send out artificial positional data and be instantly transported to any part of the world (even underground) or used to speed up traveling speed by increasing positional deltas.
    ◾ Botting - A player who runs a third party program to control their character. The bot will kill monsters, loot money, mine ore, collect herbs or gain levels automatically without the player having to be in front of the computer.
    ◾ Duping - Duplicating, or replicating items or money.
    ◾ Game Mechanics Exploits / Bug Exploits - There are also other exploits involving the physics of the game, sometimes in conjunction with items. This includes using wall-walking to get into unfinished areas or abilities to make one's character unattackable by other players.
    ◾ Data Mining - This is typically most common around the time that a patch is released on the public test realm. Players will try to access files not yet in game and then host them on websites to expose content not yet released (usually new zones, items, and graphics).

You'll notice "Playing the game the developers put into production" is not an exploit, Nor is picking up a drop the system makes, not is accepting xp points for a mission. Those are called various things like "stupid dev tricks", or "ooooops" or "ah ****", they are not player exploits.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jadenmiajadenmia Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Anyone else here thing this smells like bait?

Deliberately set a reward unexpectedly high, while have a planned out reason to say, "OMG it was an exploit bug, now we have to fix it!" and then in the process of "fixing it," they break or nerf something else in the process?

I mean, it isn't like they have not already done exactly that a few times, right?
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's not an "exploit" by the computer definition, but it's covered section 15.2l of the ToS regardless:
    using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players;

In which case we can clearly see that they're using the simple English definition of the verb exploit:
    1. to utilize, especially for profit; turn to practical account
    2. to use selfishly for one's own ends
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »

Not worth it...IMO...I PUG 4 different encounters and peeps were just leaving since most got frustrated with the difficulty and ill prepared.

Better to have a premade team or fellow fleeters. PUG will be hard to complete unless they are really working well together and NOBODY leaves the match
    DUwNP.gif