test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Thoughts on FreePlayers Complaining ?

1235»

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wildweasal wrote: »
    I don't think the OP expressed what he was trying to say very well I don't think he meant free to play players that have spent money on the game I think what he was saying was the free to play players who have spent no money on the game. Hence he used the word freeloaderbut i dont think he meant a person who is free to play who has spent money on the game I think in his explanation a freeloader is a person who has spent no money on the game, okay so hopefully I helped him out a little bit take it from there guys, (light em up,burn em up,flame on!)

Thanks for reading on a little furthur, rather then pilling on in a blind rage like most here.
    People are getting offended thinking i meant "non-sub players"...Ive stated it multiple times, if youve EVER bought ANYTHING, you're not the Free Players Im looking for !

I was targetting people who've never spent a dime, and live off of exploiting the exchange.
    I know for a fact people do that for the premium items ! Ie; keys, ship modules.etc... and you know what...if we were all exchange ferengi's a freakin weapons batt would cost 5 mil ec.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Free" players have the same right to complain as everyone else.

Paying for stuff - be it a subscription or Zen - only entitles you to "item-specific" complaints that totally free players can't make, like "My subscription benefits don't work" or "I didn't get the amount of Zen I paid for".

F2P players don't just exist as a "drain" to the game, a neccessary evil. Even someone that never spends any money in the game can be very important:
    - He or she's someone that other players can befriend or otherwise socially interact
    - He or she's can be a source for Dilithium for Zen owners via the Dilithium Exchange
    - He or she's can be someone helping to grow a fleet.
    - He or she's can sell stuff on the Exchange that other players may want.
    - He can be someone that has an interesting character biography to read.
    - He can be a team mate in grouped content (even if not technically part of the team, someone on the same battle zone)

Very few players will never fall into any of these categories.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Scratches Head* o.O'...So let me get this straight. your essentially saying that anyone that plays, that doesn't have a Sub or LTS or buys Zen etc etc, has no right to complain when something in the game is Drastically changed, bugged or otherwise just wrong ? That's Ridiculous! :eek:

So get this, I am a F2P player, I have played since STO went F2P, I have yet to spend a Dime on STO just in the fact that I can't afford to atm, yet through my hard work and patients I have managed to get Several C-Store Ship Packs. Including the Andorian Pack, some Romulan ships, including the Scimitar Pack, and recently I got the Delta Rising Operations pack. This doesn't include all the inventory and bank slots and Boff slots I have bought.

Does the fact I have yet to spend a Dime mean I have not contributed to STO or its economy ? I think not, I think we F2Pers have contributed far more then most ppl care to realize, especially you OP.

Ever take into consideration the state the game would have been in now if it weren't for the F2Pers ? STO probably wouldn't be here today, you can thank us F2Per's later :P.

Sorry to burst your proverbial bubble but we F2Per's have the same rights as anyone else.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think F2P players are just as important to the in-game's economy, queue numbers, and so on as anyone else. Who do you think buys most of the zen up on the dilithium exchange? Who grinds the mining and other areas to get that dilithium that zen-sellers dump into their fleets?

Everyone should have a say. What people do with that say, that's up to them.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well the wooden spoon of the day award goes to.....the OP. Congratulations. Did you really expect any other reaction with what you have said?

wildweasal wrote: »
    I don't think the OP expressed what he was trying to say very well I don't think he meant free to play players that have spent money on the game I think what he was saying was the free to play players who have spent no money on the game. Hence he used the word freeloaderbut i dont think he meant a person who is free to play who has spent money on the game I think in his explanation a freeloader is a person who has spent no money on the game, okay so hopefully I helped him out a little bit take it from there guys, (light em up,burn em up,flame on!)

There are no freeloaders. They have either directly or indirectly invested. It is those that don't spend money but get dil to convert that have people buying zen to sell for said dil. If we removed the dil exchange expect to see the money income drop as those people stop doing that. Therefore they have caused an investment that would not have been made without them being there.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They have the right to complain like anyone else.

But the anger...man.

And the "cryptic is making me mad" is 2014's version of the "cryptic slap in the face" of 2013.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • ermanameermaname Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm a f2p player, yet I've spent around £3,000 on the game, I know alot of LTS players that have only spent the one off lifetime membership, yet it doesn't matter, we all share the same amount of input, as we all provide a service to the company by being players, whether we pay nothing or thousands a week.
  • caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, the OP's shown the forums what an inane, narcissistic, thoughtless, and immature person he is. Can this thread be over now?
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Personally I got my LTS pre-launch to save on sub fees and I got my monies worth before we hit the second anniversary. But I'm sure some people bought their LTS for one or more of the perks they valued.

Hell, I know a girl that said she bought an LTS to Champions because it promised access to STO closed beta.

cool.
    If I could afford an LTS I might've subbed just for the uber coolness of the vet ship, but being F2p (ex-subb'r) doesn't make me feel like I'm missing anything (aside from attitude).

:)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't base my /facepalm on the person making a complaint, I base my /facepalm on the complaint itself...
  • goobilygoobily Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like the op, im a lifetime sub'r and sure have tossed many bucks at this game because its Star Trek and its fun.

However, that doesn't make me any more important or higher up than a complete F2P player. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The forums only represent a small fraction of the actual playerbase. I myself rarely come here except to check what's up on Tribble so I can do some testing.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Free" players have the same right to complain as everyone else.

Paying for stuff - be it a subscription or Zen - only entitles you to "item-specific" complaints that totally free players can't make, like "My subscription benefits don't work" or "I didn't get the amount of Zen I paid for".

F2P players don't just exist as a "drain" to the game, a neccessary evil. Even someone that never spends any money in the game can be very important:
    - He or she's someone that other players can befriend or otherwise socially interact
    - He or she's can be a source for Dilithium for Zen owners via the Dilithium Exchange
    - He or she's can be someone helping to grow a fleet.
    - He or she's can sell stuff on the Exchange that other players may want.
    - He can be someone that has an interesting character biography to read.
    - He can be a team mate in grouped content (even if not technically part of the team, someone on the same battle zone)

Very few players will never fall into any of these categories.

Duly Noted, and well said.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's the willingness of a minority of 'players' to spend extreme sums of cash on this, that has broken this game completely, beyond the point of recovery. The Company has so obviously taken the view, that there is no way to expand the player base, so they are set on milking those dumb enough to pay.
    There is no need for them to develop new game'play, they just need Money sinks.
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Star Trek Online is a game that is open to all players, both subscribers and free to play players, and so are the forums; both of which are unlikely change.

Players can still spend money on the game without being a lifetimer or monthly subscriber.
    Locking the forums down to only subscribers would limit a lot of helpful and useful comments, bug reports and interactions that drives the game and its player base.

Yes, forums do tend to filled with more complaints than praises, but that is the same with most forums. STO has a community of players that are very passionate about the game and the IP and changes to the game might not always be as they expect or prefer.

This is an open community where all players are welcome to voice their opinion on the game as long as your posts remain respectful and within the rules and policies.

I am now closing this thread as further discussion on this topic will only lead to Flaming and Trolling.

MidNite Shadow
    Volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.