test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Thoughts on FreePlayers Complaining ?

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    You didn't make a challenge. You are just trying to bait innocent people.

What makes you so innocent, you only came here to join the pile on. Youre so NOBLE !

Anyway the challenge was that Id put you down like an old dog in Ker'rat, *if youve forgotten already*
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Freeplayer - Youve never bought anything in game ! NOTTA

Not a freeplayer - Youve at some point bought something in the store (no sub required)

Most of you getting upset, are not true freeplayers
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What, you think I got LTS and shut the wallet ?

You think that people who are F2P never opened their wallets?
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    For a second I thought this was an old thread, the entitlement is OVER 9000!!

Every new season, it gets regurgitated.
    edited October 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    You think that people who are F2P never opened their wallets?

See above !!
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The sense of entitlement is strong with this one...
    Go pro or go home
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Every player is different. I was a normal player who left then came back in free to play then went lifer and spent over $800 to get my attack ship and then every fortnight i spent $50. That last for 6 months before my wife said NO MORE!

Still got the LOR and Delta packs.

I think the point is no matter how or who is complain, and is unhappy with the game is its valued because us trekkers need each other if we want the game to continue.

EC keeps people opening lock boxes. Dil and zen keep the money coming in. You less those REWARDS you start to kill your business. Sure you make money but you lose customers.

I complain because i dont feel like its still my game. I feel USED and not valued. I WANT THE GAME TO CONTINUE FOR ANOTHER 5 TO 10 YEARS! THAT WONT HAPPEN IF WE LOSE PLAYERS.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
    edited October 2014
    See above !!

Does being a person that has not had to pay for a single item somehow take away their ability to put together constructive criticism? does buying an LTS or paying for a sub give those players the ability to put together good criticism?

All these theories going around saying that the reason the prices go up is because the devs want you to spend money. Has that ever been proven as fact or does it still only remain a theory? Are sub players, LTS or even part time F2P/sometimes pay players in any kind of position to say what effect increased dil prices or longer grinding times have on players who are playing 100% free? no they cant, only the players who play 100% free can do that.
  • cyberpenguin73cyberpenguin73 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Been here since beta and have purchased the pre-ordered LTS, LoR, Ops Pack, and a ton of other stuff. I think F2P players have just as much right as anyone else to complain or offer suggestions. All players should have a voice regardless of status. Just because someone doesn't sub doesn't mean they don't spend money on the game.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Every player is different. I was a normal player who left then came back in free to play then went lifer and spent over $800 to get my attack ship and then every fortnight i spent $50. That last for 6 months before my wife said NO MORE!

Still got the LOR and Delta packs.

I think the point is no matter how or who is complain, and is unhappy with the game is its valued because us trekkers need each other if we want the game to continue.

EC keeps people opening lock boxes. Dil and zen keep the money coming in. You less those REWARDS you start to kill your business. Sure you make money but you lose customers.

I complain because i dont feel like its still my game. I feel USED and not valued. I WANT THE GAME TO CONTINUE FOR ANOTHER 5 TO 10 YEARS! THAT WONT HAPPEN IF WE LOSE PLAYERS.
    I completely agree.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im a lifetime sub, Ive spent a lot of money in game. Because I can afford to. I understand some cannot afford too.
    That being said. should free players have ANY right to complain about a game getting more expensive to progress through ?

You should go and read: Extra Credit: F2P is Broken! It will all be explained to you in that vid.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    *A small sign can be seen hanging in the window, it reads; "CLOSED all out of popcorn" *
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited October 2014
    *A small sign can be seen hanging in the window, it reads; "CLOSED all out of popcorn" *
    Why? You cannot stand the heat in which you generated?
    edited October 2014
    Been here since beta and have purchased the pre-ordered LTS, LoR, Ops Pack, and a ton of other stuff. I think F2P players have just as much right as anyone else to complain or offer suggestions. All players should have a voice regardless of status. Just because someone doesn't sub doesn't mean they don't spend money on the game.

And i think having feedback from everybody is good whether they are 100% F2P, F2P sometimes pay, sub, and LTS. It lets devs know how their changes affect those people in that particular group. They might not always act on it, but its good to have a voice in each group.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The question of costs will always be there no matter if you are a subber or free player. A subber does not get free dil unless they put their stipend onto the market and so costs affect everybody the same way. The biggest costs involved with regards time are the things which I believe are most complained about though.

The whole economics argument is mute as it now takes so much time to do anything, that by the time anything is needed you will have earned the dil in game and so you have no need to spend any money. The current new system should be a godsend to free players!

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's completely irrelevant whether someone has a sub, an LTS or never spend any money. Everyone playing is contributing to the game, remember that many things lead directly back to the store and the Zen bought with real money.

And if a lot of "free" players complain about something that keeps them from spending money, fixing that problem could make Cryptic more money....
    edited October 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Why? You cannot stand the heat in which you generated?

Closed. We're out of popcorn ;)

I'm actually at work, but you guys go ahead and rage.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im a lifetime sub, Ive spent a lot of money in game. Because I can afford to. I understand some cannot afford too.
    That being said. should free players have ANY right to complain about a game getting more expensive to progress through ?

If you've made threads ******** about upped cost of everything in DR and you're a free player you can go sideways.
    ***Leetch's are only useful if we're talking about the Plasmonic kind***

I feel this is like not taking the time to vote, then having the audacity to complain about policy decisions.

Nothing against the free player, but you have no say in this. (Even if I agree with you) !
    You've contributed nothing to the game, and expect everything to be easily obtainable. I hope you don't carry that atitude with you into real life. You'll be sorely disapointed.

To the others who have ACTUALLY supported this game financially. Feel free to ***** and moan all you want.
    If you're the exchange exploiting freeplayer type, get bent.

Stupid question. Yes, they have the right.

Next!
    edited October 2014
    Closed. We're out of popcorn ;)

I'm actually at work, but you guys go ahead and rage.
    Were you a poster child for the Drama Queen?

:P
    edited October 2014
    You're the only one here leaving, upset cuz you aren't getting the responses you hoped for. :rolleyes:

Actually that worked out great, i was waiting for an email here at work. You guys helped pass the time. Bless you
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014

If you've made threads ******** about upped cost of everything in DR and you're a free player you can go sideways.

I feel this is like not taking the time to vote, then having the audacity to complain about policy decisions.

Nothing against the free player, but you have no say in this. (Even if I agree with you) !
    You've contributed nothing to the game, and expect everything to be easily obtainable. I hope you don't carry that atitude with you into real life. You'll be sorely disapointed.

To the others who have ACTUALLY supported this game financially. Feel free to ***** and moan all you want.

Guess vanity is one of your virtues.

I'm also a LTS since beta and proud of it. With every season and expansion there are those who complain and leave the game. Others come to replace them. However, this 10/23 patch affects ALL...LTS, Sub or F2P player equally. Don't take this frustration to F2P but to Cryptic's management. I have no ill feelings for F2P since they brought life to a game that was already in life support and THANK for it.
    On the other side..management of Cryptic is responsible for making ALL players criminals and lowering XP leveling to a virtual crawl. I respect your opinion but your venting to the wrong crowd.
    DUwNP.gif

• masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    Theres something you have missed about us free players,those who buy zen as i have done on many occasions.that is contributing to this game. Its not just lifers and gold account members who give to this game.

STO would have never Lunched as Free to play game!
    that's why we have LT members all LT members are kings we put faith in Cryptic....
    Cryptic suckered the LT Members....
    with a proms of a star trek game...

Cryptic used a **** code of a supper hero game to build STO! fact
    I would have rather paid a sup.. FTP sucks
    Cryptic turned a blind eye to all the LT Members...

We all know why they clam Cryptic and PW need money to keep the game going,
    THATS BS..............
    wait for a Private server.... u @#$% FTP players
    Take look at World of Tanks or Smite , Throws are Free to play games and good ones at that..

STO will never last can't wait for CBS to pull the plug on this junk, buggy game...
    STO has no soul .... and it's not fun
    my bee in pre beta the game had 15% fun rest BS
    For Love of Star trek we what a PVP based Star trek game that's cannon.. not this JJ BS trek

Stop speeding money on this Junk game

We can all ways ask CBS for a New Star Trek game
    Cryptic will never NEVER NEVER get another penny from me as long as I live
    they @#$% up and theirs no turning back for Cryptic I blame Cryptic not PW....
  • bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sorry op, thats wrong.
    you didnt buy a right to complain.

you bought the right to get ignored like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    bortens wrote: »
    sorry op, thats wrong.
    you didnt buy a right to complain.

you bought the right to get ignored like everyone else.

All LT Members have the right to complain......
    we are Life members of the game We can Complain till cows come home
    Free players need to p@#$% off ..
    Or till CBS shuts this Game down...
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014

wow ,just WOW , i used to sub but been a F2Per for a while , but ill tell you that doesnt mean ive stopped supporting the game . i have no problem buying zen to get what i like .. to be honest if your a LTS and havent bought anything since your LTS then your just as much of a leech , and ill tell you why , unless you bought your LTS recently , the money that your LTS is long gone or the current studio hasnt seen a dime of if you bought it before cryptic took over . so yeah theres that .
    i guess PT Barnum was correct after all
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ah, entitlement. How I have missed your pretty face. Luckily this thread brought you back into my sights. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Geeze guys, we are meant to be aiming our resources at Cryptc, not fighting amongst our selves...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't feed the troll. OP is a moron.
    edited October 2014

If you can't afford a sub or LT then you Need to p@#$% off
    I supported this game for way to long in hope that it would bee fixed I was wrong.
    after 5 years of supported this game Cryptc can sit on it and spin till cows come home Cryptc will never get any more of my money out of me.... I hope the US gambling commission shut this game down as well...
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i dont think anyone should be complaining, it costs what it costs and thats that, we are just lucky that we are able to upgrade what we choose to upgrade.
    if you choose to pay for upgrades with real world money thats your choice, personally i am quite happy to upgrade as and when with my own dilithium received in game.
    couse it will take me a long old while to upgrade all the stuff i would like to but that is half the fun and the sense of achivement when you get there is well worth the wait.

sure it would be cool in a way to just wave a magic wand and have every piece of equipment you have fully upgraded but on the other hand you will only be denying yourself the pleasure of getting there under your own steam.

couse everyone has a right to voice their opinion, just like cryptic has a right to totally disregard it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

This discussion has been closed.