test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Thoughts on FreePlayers Complaining ?

Comments

• trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Any money spent is ok with me (youve made a contribution), never said only subs can complain.
    I just dont give any credibility to complaints about the "upped Cost" coming from f2p'ers.
    Thats exactly what i said about someone who doesnt vote, then complains about policy.

Free players can make all the suggestions about gameplay they want, but i when it comes to them crying about increased prices, I want to vomit.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Qapla'
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    You guys arent freeplayers, If youve bought something in the store.
    Youre an idiot who cant read

You're a troll then with a headline that speaks volumes for your true intent.

I am a free player... went 2 years WITHOUT dropping a dime quite happily as I was frustrated with Crytpic for - too many pubs to list here.

The last couple of release were pretty good.

T6 ships looked cool.

So I thought, maybe they've gotten better. $125 for the pack, some zen for dill... here I go.

And I get watch with a growing feeling of stupidity as they change the game to kill the casual gamer's interest. The player base is shrinking. Fleeties are leaving. Regulars I would chat with daily are leaving (8 at last check).

So yeah - your post title was inflammatory, yes you're a self-absorbed idiot and a troll.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im a lifetime sub, Ive spent a lot of money in game. Because I can afford to. I understand some cannot afford too.
    That being said. should free players have ANY right to complain about a game getting more expensive to progress through ?

If you've made threads ******** about upped cost of everything in DR and you're a free player you can go sideways.
    ***Leetch's are only useful if we're talking about the Plasmonic kind***

I feel this is like not taking the time to vote, then having the audacity to complain about policy decisions.

Nothing against the free player, but you have no say in this. (Even if I agree with you) !
    You've contributed nothing to the game, and expect everything to be easily obtainable. I hope you don't carry that atitude with you into real life. You'll be sorely disapointed.

To the others who have ACTUALLY supported this game financially. Feel free to ***** and moan all you want.
    If you're the exchange exploiting freeplayer type, get bent.

Theres something you have missed about us free players,those who buy zen as i have done on many occasions.that is contributing to this game. Its not just lifers and gold account members who give to this game.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Theres something youve forgotten,
    Ive already said, if youve spent anything in the game.
    YOUR NOT A FREE PLAYER
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Theres also a ballot that has the option "None of the Above"
    So if you actually went out and cast a ballot with "none of the above"
    YOUVE CONTRIBUTED.
    I didnt think this was that complicated
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What is a free player? Even the people who grind Dilithium for Zen make it possible for those who do not want to grind to keep playing. It is a symbiotic relationship. Some people give time, some give money. Together they make the game work.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im a lifetime sub, Ive spent a lot of money in game. Because I can afford to. I understand some cannot afford too. That being said. should free players have ANY right to complain about a game getting more expensive to progress through ?
    I am a Free2Play player. My family has two accounts. We spent roughly $500-$600 on STO. Why is your money more important than mine? Why should I not be allowed to complain?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If they've payed something, they have rights to complain if said things don't work, or things they bought the things for don't work.

For those that don't pay... well.. they should really shut up.

Of cause, any Free player will claim that they have payed more than golds, so I generally don't discuss it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited October 2014
    You guys are getting offended over nothing,
    You think Im puting you down for not being LTS or Gold...Not the case,
    Again, If youve spent ANY money (even once) on a ship or whatever, your not free.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited October 2014
    You guys are getting offended over nothing,
    You think Im puting you down for not being LTS or Gold...Not the case,Again, If youve spent ANY money (even once) on a ship or whatever, your not free.
    You are putting people down. You painted a large group of people with a broad brush.
    edited October 2014
    besides I hadnt considered that the power gap was growing out of control, so in that case I can understand the free players complaint...that items are just not worth the time invested anymore.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Being a WHALE I can say this.

Don't mess with the Free To Play Players.

Without them paying players would have no one to play with.

The other nine whales don't get along.
    download.jpg
    edited October 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    You are putting people down.

Ill put you down like an old dog in Ker'rat
    But that's the only place ill put people down.

Youve got LTS envy, not my problem
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Ill put you down like an old dog in Ker'rat
    But that's the only place ill put people down.

Youve got LTS envy, not my problem
    Listen to yourself.

You just threatened me indirectly for being a 'paying' Free2Play player.

Envy? I spent between $500-$600 on STO.

I have a right to complain.
  • lazlarlazlar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im a lifetime sub, Ive spent a lot of money in game. Because I can afford to. I understand some cannot afford too.
    That being said. should free players have ANY right to complain about a game getting more expensive to progress through ?

If you've made threads ******** about upped cost of everything in DR and you're a free player you can go sideways.

I feel this is like not taking the time to vote, then having the audacity to complain about policy decisions.

Nothing against the free player, but you have no say in this. (Even if I agree with you) !
    You've contributed nothing to the game, and expect everything to be easily obtainable. I hope you don't carry that atitude with you into real life. You'll be sorely disapointed.

To the others who have ACTUALLY supported this game financially. Feel free to ***** and moan all you want.

Your POV is probably the most inept and inarticulate that I have seen out of a self-entitled through fiscal involvement player, to date.

Those F2P players are the ones that help make builds, provide kills and losses in Ker'rat, help significantly with fleet projects, and otherwise give a no lifer lifer like yourself someone to play with.

They're the ones who make the game fun more than most lifers I have ever met, to be honest. Nevermind that you'll get a more honest opinion from someone who's got nothing invested other than their choice to experience something. They play the game, they've got a right to be heard just as much as someone who pays.

Signed, Lifetime member
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My thoughts on the topic are that free players are content for paying players.

They are teammates in pugs, wearers of costumes, flyers of ships in space, buyers and sellers on both the auctionhouse and the zen exchange, opponents in PvP, contributors to fleet projects, and in too many other ways to count they are contributing players.

With the dil to zen exchange, cryptic has made it so there is no such thing as a completely free player. Someone who buys zen on the exchange has increased cryptics revenue, because without them that zen would not have been bought. Someone who runs peanut labs surveys for zen has increased cryptics revenue because peanut labs pays for that zen and without the "free player" that advertising cash would have gone to another game company.

Without free players sto would be a sad place and a failed game.

So I care a lot about their experiences, and their opinions. And when free players say things are too expensive it matters. If they don't have fun they will leave and the game will suffer.
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014

0/10 OP..This has got to be the oldest Flamebait in the STO Troll Handbook.
    edited October 2014
    Listen to yourself.

You just threatened me indirectly for being a 'paying' Free2Play player.

Thretened you ? No I believe I challenged you.

Your envy is your own shortcoming.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Thretened you ? No I believe I challenged you.

Your envy is your own shortcoming.
    Envy? You are being prejudice. You are discriminating against a mixed group of individuals.
    edited October 2014

You fell for it, you must not be that bright.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Envy? I smell elitism prejudice. You are discriminating against a group of individuals.

The only thing you smell of is fear itself.
    Challenge stands.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You fell for it, you must not be that bright.

So now calling you out is falling for it? Still 0/10.
    edited October 2014
    The only thing you smell of is fear itself.
    Challenge stands.
    You didn't make a challenge. You are just trying to bait innocent people.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Second oldest, the oldest is supporting cryptic and/or liking sto. ~.^
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Free players probably have more right than anyone to complain about the cost of items. Upping the cost widens the already substantial power gap between players and payers. Those of us who buy everything with cash will simply spend more, or choose what they want more carefully. They don't have to wait to grind up that much dilithium or ec. Free players have to wait that much longer to get what they want, and work that much harder for it. I value the opinion of free players far more than I do the players who pay their way through.

I'm not commenting on this post at all. Just wanted to quote because I think it deserves to be read again.:)
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014

There are tons of F2P players that have probably spent a the same amount of money you have, and more, but never bothered to buy an LTS or sub. There are people shelling out thousands of $$$ for Legacy packs, keys and ships, who are, and always have been F2P/Silver.

but if you want to see it your way: Why should they listen to lifetime subbers in the first place? after all, they already have your money and you're only costing them from now on. You'd think they'd want to lure the F2P-crowd into LTS, which means they're the ones who they'd want to cater to and not people like you...
    edited October 2014
    There are tons of F2P players that have probably spent a the same amount of money you have, and more, but never bothered to buy an LTS or sub. There are people shelling out thousands of $$$ for Legacy packs, keys and ships, who are, and always have been F2P/Silver.

but if you want to see it your way: Why should they listen to lifetime subbers in the first place? after all, they already have your money and you're only costing them from now on. You'd think they'd want to lure the F2P-crowd into LTS, which means they're the ones who they'd want to cater to and not people like you...

What, you think I got LTS and shut the wallet ?
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bah. The peasantry should be happy they have some pre-paid freeloaders to ride on their XP boost horses. My fat Romulan TRIBBLE can't really deal with their mundane issues, let them drink ale!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For a second I thought this was an old thread, the entitlement is OVER 9000!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    I'm F2P, but I started just before F2P with a copy of the Collector's Edition. I also happen to have the Steam Starter Pack with the Steamrunner and several C-Store items including uniforms and... wait for it... ships.
    And I don't mean all the shuttles or T1 ships. I got ships ranging from the Delta shuttle to the Vestas and recently the Guardian.

F2P players have just as much of a right to report bugs and comment on things going on in the game as lifers and subs, as we play the same game as them. The ONLY real difference is that F2P doesn't get the shiny Chimera or other Veteran perks.

BTW the Guardian is still bugged in the healing department.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.