test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Thoughts on FreePlayers Complaining ?

taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
Im a lifetime sub, Ive spent a lot of money in game. Because I can afford to. I understand some cannot afford too.
That being said. should free players have ANY right to complain about a game getting more expensive to progress through ?

If you've made threads ******** about upped cost of everything in DR and you're a free player you can go sideways.
***Leetch's are only useful if we're talking about the Plasmonic kind***

I feel this is like not taking the time to vote, then having the audacity to complain about policy decisions.

Nothing against the free player, but you have no say in this. (Even if I agree with you) !
You've contributed nothing to the game, and expect everything to be easily obtainable. I hope you don't carry that atitude with you into real life. You'll be sorely disapointed.

To the others who have ACTUALLY supported this game financially. Feel free to ***** and moan all you want.
If you're the exchange exploiting freeplayer type, get bent.
[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
Post edited by taylor1701d on

Comments

• smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As a LTS, LoR and Ops Pack owner... I think F2P players have just as much right as anyone else to complain, and to offer suggestions.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im a lifetime sub, Ive spent a lot of money in game. Because I can afford to. I understand some cannot afford too.
    That being said. should free players have ANY right to complain about a game getting more expensive to progress through ?

If you've made threads ******** about upped cost of everything in DR and you're a free player you can go sideways.

I feel this is like not taking the time to vote, then having the audacity to complain about policy decisions.

Nothing against the free player, but you have no say in this. (Even if I agree with you) !
    You've contributed nothing to the game, and expect everything to be easily obtainable. I hope you don't carry that atitude with you into real life. You'll be sorely disapointed.

To the others who have ACTUALLY supported this game financially. Feel free to ***** and moan all you want.

The Key part of the freePlayers is the word Players and all Players have to right to voice their concerns about the game that they play whether money changed hands or not IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dude, there maybe FTP players that have dumped more money in game than you or I. I have had my LTS since it was first offered and were told this would be the ONLY time it would be offered. For all I am concerned those that got it since then can get bent but that would be stupid of me. If any of them even spent a dollar of their money or less should have a say.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, if we want to go based on money, Gold members are probably worth more than then LTS players.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OP can sit on it with his entitled BS. This is what's wrong with these forums.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The thing is you need F2P players. The entire system comes crashing down without them.
  • tanuustanuus Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, I'm one of those "F2P" players who doesn't sub to the game and have still spent well into 4 digits on this game. No, that 4 digits does NOT count cents. I deserve a voice as much as anyone else.

Worthless troll post will be trolly.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guess we could stop mining dilithium for zen. Should do wonders for the pricing. :P
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh, shut up.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    My thoughts.... well first of this thread stinks of arrogance plain and simple. What gives you the right to think your better than anyone else free to play or otherwise? I'm currently free to play. After being on a recurring monthly sub since December 2010. So what does that make me? I made the decision to cancel my sub because I didn't agree with the actions of the Dev team or the direction the game was going and with what I've read and seen with my own eyes in game I stand by that choice. People have every right to complain regardless of subscription status. I'm in a position where I'm sitting on a nice little nest egg. Anyone how knows me in game will verify this. But even so I refuse to pay the ridiculous cost of upgrading my gear. All I've done so far is upgrade my ground gear on one of several toons and that's as far as I'm willing to atm. It's because of people like you sir that continue to pump stupid amounts of real money into the game that cryptic thinks they're doing a create job and keep doing more of the same. Hence why people are now so fed up, they are venting their anger on the forums.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I used to sub, so they can hear my wallet close when I stopped subbing.

You, with your LTS already paid so there is no noise when you stop paying, because you cant.
    ...So be silent.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So self-centred bigots are still around on the forum, yay for morons.

Your perception of people leaves a lot to be desired...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Any money spent is ok with me (youve made a contribution), never said only subs can complain.
    I just dont give any credibility to complaints about the "upped Cost" coming from f2p'ers.
    Thats exactly what i said about someone who doesnt vote, then complains about policy.

Free players can make all the suggestions about gameplay they want, but i when it comes to them crying about increased prices, I want to vomit.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You've contributed nothing to the game, and expect everything to be easily obtainable.

You haven't really thought this through, have you.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Free players probably have more right than anyone to complain about the cost of items. Upping the cost widens the already substantial power gap between players and payers. Those of us who buy everything with cash will simply spend more, or choose what they want more carefully. They don't have to wait to grind up that much dilithium or ec. Free players have to wait that much longer to get what they want, and work that much harder for it. I value the opinion of free players far more than I do the players who pay their way through.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This thread smells like Troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They have the right.
    You can't define who contibutes more or less or who has more or less right based solely on that.

EDIT: Oh, and do you know why I'm a subscriber? Because I started as a F2P.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guess we could stop mining dilithium for zen. Should do wonders for the pricing. :P

Or any other impact F2P players create for that matter.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not like DEV's or anyone gives a **** about people's opinion anyway ... so afaik, speaking gerbils could complain, as well :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    What about those of us who bought stuff in the C-Store well beyond what we paid for an LTS?

What about us 'silvers' who also buy stuff in the c-store ?
    :D

We FTP'ers don't get monthly stipends and hero ships but we still buy stuff just like everyone else. Why shouldn't we also have a voice ? Because we didn't pay up front for our monthly subsistence zen and hero ship ? When monthly subbers stop subbing the beancounters notice, when LTS players walk away for months nobody notices, except maybe the c-store spreadsheets showing a few less free zen spent.

No offense meant.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    going on title alone yes or you just have the whales running the game but imo they already do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Speaking as a lifetimer who has spent quite a bit...

Free players should be treated like paying customers since they're here. If a company doesn't want to do that, they shouldn't go F2P.

Free customers should get not just access but tech support, bug support, content updates, etc. and all of that should be budgeted into the F2P business model.

They are full fledged customers. The price just happens to be zero.
    edited October 2014
    You know what.
    The point about the power gap widening between paying players and free players is a good one.

Maybe the gap is out of control now ?? I dont know, Ive not had to free play for a while. But Im willing to admit that it is critical to get that balance right. For all players.

I didnt think it had gotten so out of control.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Let's go true fiscal democracy in STO... everyone get 1 vote for every $ they've spent. :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As a LTS, LoR and Ops Pack owner... I think F2P players have just as much right as anyone else to complain, and to offer suggestions.

I completely agree, and I'm also an LTS myself.

Just because people use FTP, why does the OP assume that they've never bought a C-Store ship, or some Zen or contributed financially to their experience in some form or another?
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014

Former gold member here, dropped anther $250 on the game a week before DR.

Yeah - I'm a 'free' player. Yeah, I can complain. Yeah, I have a say in this.

You're an idiot.
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Let's go true fiscal democracy in STO... everyone get 1 vote for every $ they've spent. :D

Let's not. Do we REALLY want SFC being able to outvote us?

Also, free to play players should OF COURSE have the right to complain and the opportunity to have their complaints heard. How else is the game supposed to grow?
    edited October 2014
    You guys arent freeplayers, If youve bought something in the store.
    Youre an idiot who cant read
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Of course, I'm rich
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You know what.
    The point about the power gap widening between paying players and free players is a good one.

Maybe the gap is out of control now ?? I dont know, Ive not had to free play for a while. But Im willing to admit that it is critical to get that balance right. For all players.

I didnt think it had gotten so out of control.

Here is my handy example of how the power gap is out of control, I've mentioned it many times and it is a reference to gecko's thread about difficulty.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1253091

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19998321&postcount=562

The upshot is that advanced difficulty had to be nerfed because it was too hard, while at the same time elite had to be buffed because it was too easy. The gap is enormous. Much of the player base, even the quite competent forumites, were unable to complete advanced difficulty within the time limits added, but a small group of elites were farming content massively harder than advanced. At the extreme, this lead to the skill and gear of this minority being literally called an "exploit" by d'angelo the top dog on sto's Dev team because their kill rates let them earn exp 17xs faster than normal players.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1271351

I so wish this post was a joke.

Edit: links added
This discussion has been closed.