test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Thoughts on FreePlayers Complaining ?

Comments

• teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Ah, entitlement. How I have missed your pretty face. Luckily this thread brought you back into my sights. :)

Yeap asking a game that you might be interested in paying for to improve is solo entitled its almost like paying into a payroll tax for social security and later expecting your social security payments when you retire. Ahhh entitlement.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a bait thread and should be closed immediately. Don't pretend to be more superior than others simply because of how much money you have and spend in STO. Fail logic is fail.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just quoting this for the humor factor. There's so much in it to laugh at. :P

Quote all you like your in the same boat as the rest of LT members
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    teknesia wrote: »
    Yeap asking a game that you might be interested in paying for to improve is solo entitled its almost like paying into a payroll tax for social security and later expecting your social security payments when you retire. Ahhh entitlement.
    No. Entitlement is assuming I am better then you simply because I bought something you did not buy, or I am better because I went somewhere you did not go, or because I saw something you did not see, or because have a different color skin then you have, or... You get the idea.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited October 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    This is a bait thread and should be closed immediately. Don't pretend to be more superior than others simply because of how much money you have and spend in STO. Fail logic is fail.
    Exactly correct!
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. Entitlement is assuming I am better then you simply because I bought something you did not buy, or I am better because I went somewhere you did not go, or because I saw something you did not see, or because have a different color skin then you have, or... You get the idea.

My bad. I misunderstood the context.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im f2p but ill bet any of u lifers whatever u like that ive paid more cash into sto than 90% of you guys so stuff ur entitlement up ur TRIBBLE
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am a lifetime member, I have been so since before launch........ my investment has already paid for itself loooooong ago....... I am now a glorified F2P'er with gold member benefits..... I have bought stuff in the past from the C-store... does my opinion matter more than a real F2P'er who has never spent a penny on this game? No.... No it does not.

I was never a fan of the switch over to F2P and I don't think (in my opinion) that the game would have failed if it stayed P2P........... But it did go F2P..... and that brought new players and continues to do so....... and if they want to come on here and complain.... or even compliment the game then they are welcome to do so.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
    edited October 2014
    gregkane wrote: »
    Im f2p but ill bet any of u lifers whatever u like that ive paid more cash into sto than 90% of you guys so stuff ur entitlement up ur TRIBBLE

This one needs wake up and go back to sleep...
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All LT Members have the right to complain......
    we are Life members of the game We can Complain till cows come home
    Free players need to p@#$% off ..
    Or till CBS shuts this Game down...

You;re a fool. You bought an exclusive ship I'll bet you never use, and a lifelong zen monthly welfare allowance.

F2P'ers get everything else for free.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited October 2014
    yada yada yada

Ive put roughly 3500 dollars into sto my friend if you have more by all means tell me my opinion means **** all otherwise go troll somewer else
    edited October 2014
    gregkane wrote: »
    Ive put roughly 3500 dollars into sto my friend if you have more by all means tell me my opinion means **** all otherwise go troll somewer else

I spent 10x that amount on this game....
    edited October 2014
    I am sorry, but in no way do I believe you have spent $35,000.00, or more, on STO.
    edited October 2014

And im not telling you your opinion doesnt count- it certinley does- exact same as mine and everyone else who plays this game
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Apart from those who converted from P2P to F2P, everyone starts out as a F2P player, so they are a valuable part of the player base. The real problem is not that they complain, but that there is so much to complain about in the first place!

"Good help is hard to find, everywhere" applies just as much to code developers as aerospace engineers, world leaders, doctors, etc. There is no good reason to accept mediocrity in any profession, whether you are a paying client or not. So when one's favorite game/car/sports team/restaurant fails to maintain its original standard of quality, we all feel obligated to push for changes... :rolleyes:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OMG let this awful thread die!!
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    I am sorry, but in no way do I believe you have spent $35,000.00, or more, on STO.

you don't have believe nothing but the fact is yes I have spent close to 35,k on this game
    I have the fleet to prove it and 3 LT accounts as well with all the ships and addon packs..
  • cyberpenguin73cyberpenguin73 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Well if he did, he's probably living in a van.........down by the river. :P
  • bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All LT Members have the right to complain......
    we are Life members of the game We can Complain till cows come home
    Free players need to p@#$% off ..
    Or till CBS shuts this Game down...

lol. just lol.

lt members are worth ignoring cause they got your money anyways.
    want a example?
    look at how the gold member tribble bug reports got ignored.

any criticism, be it objective or not, is whining to cryptic.
    they officially stated so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Op I think u have it all confused what you are really whining about is that ypu have contributed so much to this game but cryptic and pwe treat you just the same dont they lol.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
    edited October 2014
    I have a tribble that electronically transfers money into my real world bank account when I pet it. :cool:

Move along move along nothing to see hear.....this not the Tribble your looking for....
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So I am going to sound off here.

Silver accounts get a say whether they have paid a dime or not. Just because they have not paid does not make them not part of the community. And last I checked this is not a plutocracy.

Now that I have shown I disagree with the op, I have an on the other hand.
    Can people that have not paid a dime not stand on pedestals as though they are pinnacles of intellect over the unwashed fools that do pay money in STO?

Thank you and let's hear more on tactics, load outs, and congratulations to players that impress you.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not disagreeing with the main thrust of your response, but show me one F2Per with a Lib Borg character.

I never really looked, but aside from the borg neural blast trait I didn't see anything truly unique except the 'look' of a unborgified toon. My alien has the 'efficient captain trait'. Is that truly worth the couple hundred dollar LT sub ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Someone had to put up the 12,500 Zen that I got for 2.3 (around) million dilithium. I may not have paid a direct dollar to PWE, but someone has by proxy. I paid for my DR pack by logging in daily mostly to doff and refine, thus I worked for what I have. Those that pay, they bypass the work, it's really as simple as that. If the dilithium exchange wasn't profitable for the company, it wouldn't exist.

I doubt there's much distinction between silver and gold players to the Devs/PWE. So no OP, you're not a special snowflake. Your opinion will be ignored just like everyone else's opinion is ignored.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't think the OP expressed what he was trying to say very well I don't think he meant free to play players that have spent money on the game I think what he was saying was the free to play players who have spent no money on the game. Hence he used the word freeloaderbut i dont think he meant a person who is free to play who has spent money on the game I think in his explanation a freeloader is a person who has spent no money on the game, okay so hopefully I helped him out a little bit take it from there guys, (light em up,burn em up,flame on!)
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Op u can go and jump off a bridge im F2P and have 14 fed ships unlocked 8 kdf n 4 rom thats not including fleet upgrades n T5u. Plus outfit slots and outfits, bridge packs n all the respec tokens ive used exp bounes. lockbox keys i own 4 lock box ships my lobi store stuff. All thats just off the top of my head i bet ive forgot sone thing.

saying F2P people have no right to complain just shows your arrogance.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Disposable income, a fondness for the game, and nothing better to do... people spend that much gambling over the course of a single night, and this fellow managed to get a few years of amusement out of it. Maybe the troll (forum handle) would rather pay STO that take a vacation once a year, maybe they'd rather invest in a Fleet for their friends (by buying dilithium), maybe... reasons. It may not be what I would do with the money, but if it's there and the troll (forum handle) wants to spend it... thanks for buying my dilithium.

The troll (forum handle) might want to check out the ExtraLife Gaming Charity for Children's Hospital thread, though, if they have that degree of disposable income.

As far as the premise that F2P shouldn't have a say... sure ignore what anyone withouta Sub or Zen purchase within the last month has to say. After that point, they already have your money, so you no longer matter unless you plan to keep giving them your money, right? Of course, the benefit of a F2P game is that it provides those P2Ping:
    more folks to run queues or missions with,
    more folks to socialize with in Fleets (or troll in general if you're so inclined),
    more folks to make the game look more popular and active in metrics like Steam Charts,
    more folks to make your monetary investment look "Bigger Longer & Uncut",
    more folks to help coach new players and get them to spend money,
    more folks to make impulse buys from the C-Store, and advertise C-Store items by using them...
    the F2P model has a lot of advantages. Sure, not everyone contributes financially, but as long as they aren't both F2P and trolls (not the forum handle) they all make STO more enjoyable as a whole... and more profitable.

So yeah, everyone gets a say, because everyone playing helps make the game viable within its current monetization strategy... plus, if folks like troll (forum handle) only invested $15 a month in Sub fees the company would lose a LOT of money, right?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »

I tried to close it earlier !
    I even told em we were out of popcorn !!
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im a lifetime sub, Ive spent a lot of money in game. Because I can afford to. I understand some cannot afford too.
    That being said. should free players have ANY right to complain about a game getting more expensive to progress through ?

If you've made threads ******** about upped cost of everything in DR and you're a free player you can go sideways.
    ***Leetch's are only useful if we're talking about the Plasmonic kind***

I feel this is like not taking the time to vote, then having the audacity to complain about policy decisions.

Nothing against the free player, but you have no say in this. (Even if I agree with you) !
    You've contributed nothing to the game, and expect everything to be easily obtainable. I hope you don't carry that atitude with you into real life. You'll be sorely disapointed.

To the others who have ACTUALLY supported this game financially. Feel free to ***** and moan all you want.
    If you're the exchange exploiting freeplayer type, get bent.

lts members dont have any further say then an f2p'er does, so in your assessment, it is flawed from the start. and honestly i wouldnt want it any other way. everyone has their opinion and welcome to it, deranged, uncooperative, not sharing, not caring, offensive, happy, giddy beyond reason and many others, thats what make it worth coming to the forums. always something going on.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I tried to close it earlier !
    I even told em we were out of popcorn !!

LOLOL i wish you pulled a similar stunt about cost of upgrading.. maybe a thread like "cost of upgrading cheap compared to other MMOs so dont complain" ;)
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
This discussion has been closed.