Install Arc
Options

DEVs nerfbat hit Tau Dewa

Comments

• Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    The game system itself is working just fine, it is the ADVANTAGE it produces that is unintended.

Let me quote my own post from another thread:
    By that logic, flying A2B Scimitar is "exploitative behavior". Using Bio-Molecular guns against Undine is "exploitative behavior". Switching to Pilot Spec while in space is "exploitative behavior". Buying 9 points in any skill is "exploitative behavior". Stacking Tac consoles is "exploitative behavior". Not flying a rainbow boat is "exploitative behavior". Blowing up all 4 transformers in ISE simultaneously is "exploitative behavior". Upgrading your Mk XII gear is "exploitative behavior".

This list can go on forever...
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    By that Logic ... everything within the Game providing an ADVANTAGE = Exploit ... ? ROFL ... are you serious ... omg ...

in a manner not intended by the game's designers

But great use of "by that logic" strawman BS, at this point you are just deliberately taking things out of context so that they suit your vendetta.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014

But great use of "by that logic" strawman BS, at this point you are just deliberately taking things out of context so that they suit your vendetta.

For the 5th Time : But you just said ... it doesn't matter if something works as intended ... so it does ? ... you're just contradicting yourself here, sorry
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Remember the 'old' mail system ? It was never an exploit until the devs decided to monetize the capacity of attachments after 4 years.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wait a minute. Are people actually arguing over the definition of 'exploit' as posted on a wiki page? ROFLMAO...because things on wiki's are always correct and true. Better yet, go edit the wiki definition to the wording you want then repost it, I need more humor today!
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Please tell me EXACTLY what part of Japori runs is NOT INTENDED:

a) Teaming up.
    b) Setting difficulty to Elite.
    c) Matching squad leader's level.
    d) Running patrol missions.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    Wait a minute. Are people actually arguing over the definition of 'exploit' as posted on a wiki page? ROFLMAO...because things on wiki's are always correct and true. Better yet, go edit the wiki definition to the wording you want then repost it, I need more humor today!

I've been laffin' since the two of them started down that dead-end road at full warp.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    coraleccoralec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cpc2011a wrote: »

Please oh great and smart one, share with us what is wrong with this definition so we may all come to see your great wisdom.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

It is working exactly as they intended, and the same as it has been for years. They don't like that DR's content is severely lacking and unfun and unplayable at times. so everybody avoids it. Then they go nuts to kill off all other gameplay to force you into DR. It just won't work. Folks can see through it and it makes people quit the game rather than be forced to play bad content.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    I've been laffin' since the two of them started down that dead-end road at full warp.

:cool:

Personally don't care about the definition (that's subject to opinion) ... just can't stand smarty-pants, arguing about something they obviously have no idea themselves ...
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Personally don't care about the definition (that's subject to opinion) ... just can't stand smarty-pants, arguing about something they obviously have no idea themselves ...

EXPLOIT!!! YOU ARE DETRACTING FROM THE LAUGHFEST BY SPEAKING YOUR MIND. INB4 YOU GET NERFED. lolol
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    narasil2narasil2 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorry Buddha, you're way off base. You can't both say an exploit is whatever PWE/Cryptic says it is, AND say there is some kind of definition or meaning to the word. You've cut the legs out from under your own argument, your axioms are not consistent. Moreover, when we stop saying that words mean what they mean and say they're arbitrary and what a gaming company says they are, well there is VERY little point in having a discussion with you because you LITERALLY are no longer speaking English.

Now as to what Cryptic did. I think it's beyond idiocy and poor management. There are at least three other ways they could have dealt with this and NONE of which would require shutting off an entire sector. I frankly don't care what got their panties in a bunch, they handled this like a group of children.

IF their problem was that people had found a way to level past the metric they devised then I'd say they're within their rights to "fix" it, but not within their rights to call it an exploit. They're entitled to their game and their opinion...not their own facts and definitions.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Exactly, and for what it matters, an exploit is whatever they decide is an exploit even if it is entirely BS.
    I just hope they hurry up and decide how they are going to deal with it so my Romulans can stop flying in circles around Tau Dewa out of complete boredom.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

And yet YOU are the one that brought that wiki "definition" into the thread. But I forgot, "lol i dont really care you just so dumb lol omg." Quality posting my man.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2014

a) Teaming up.

None of it, the post by Q doesn't say that.

It mentions exploitative behaviour by some players on some maps.

Everyone and their uncle has been forming teams and running the patrol, it's normal game play and it's been going on for a while now. If Cryptic wanted to stop players in their tracks they wouldn't have shut down the entire sector.

Nah, they'd sneak in a fix lowering the XP levels of all the combat patrols in the next patch.

We'll have to wait until they share more of this investigation, but I get the impression something more serious than XP grinding has been going on.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And yet YOU are the one that brought that wiki "definition" into the thread. But I forgot, "lol i dont really care you just so dumb lol omg." Quality posting my man.

I was the one who brought that wiki definition.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Check again ... wasn't me ...
  • Options
    kermanikermani Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is just stupid. c'mon Devs lets have some fun in this game. I want to run my patrol for marks.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Check again ... wasn't me ...

I guess there are just two of you here.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    None of it, the post by Q doesn't say that.

It mentions exploitative behaviour by some players on some maps.

Everyone and their uncle has been forming teams and running the patrol, it's normal game play and it's been going on for a while now. If Cryptic wanted to stop players in their tracks they wouldn't have shut down the entire sector.

Nah, they'd sneak in a fix lowering the XP levels of all the combat patrols in the next patch.

We'll have to wait until they share more of this investigation, but I get the impression something more serious than XP grinding has been going on.

Nobody seems to understand that the problem here is that no one was playing the new delta rising content. Because of this cryptic couldn't show their Chinese overlords that the investment put into the expansion was worth it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I guess there are just two of you here.

Am I invisible or something? I brought up the wiki definition right here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20105771&postcount=626
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014

a) Teaming up.

e) XP gains not in line with the rest of the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You do realize, I just made fun of you because ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_%28computer_security%29
    &
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_%28video_gaming%29

... is bascially the same Wiki Entry ...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You do realize, I just made fun of you because ...

&

... is bascially the same Wiki Entry ...

yes...because you just linked to the same wiki entry twice...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coralec wrote: »
    yes...because you just linked to the same wiki entry twice...

My bad ... check again :P ... someone just copy&pasted some words in & out ...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    e) XP gains not in line with the rest of the game.

This is simply not true. Japori kills award the same exact amount of XP as any other LvL 50 kills.

For comparison, LvL 60 Argala kills give you ~1300 XP, while LvL 50 Japori kills give you ~750 XP, so it's perfectly normal.
  • Options
    dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Am I invisible or something? I brought up the wiki definition right here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20105771&postcount=626

Who's talking? Can't see you.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    My bad ... check again :P

The introduction may be the same but everything after it is different. They are just two aspects of the same thing after all.
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nobody seems to understand that the problem here is that no one was playing the new delta rising content. Because of this cryptic couldn't show their Chinese overlords that the investment put into the expansion was worth it.

well the simple solution to that would be add dil rewards for all and people would flock.

dont get me wrong the stories are good, i like them, the sector patrols in between each one is a bit of a cop out on their part, there should have been a bit more story missions but whatever.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The introduction may be the same but everything after it is different. They are just two aspects of the same thing after all.

Yet the only thing that was quoted & argued about, is the introduction ...