test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DEVs nerfbat hit Tau Dewa

Comments

• kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So you are saying that people teaming and using the match level mechanic, a feature that has existed in sto since...well forever as far as I know, is suddenly an exploit?

No, he's saying you are exploiting those functions.

This is all just one big First World Problem that's getting out of hand.

Ebola is messing up Africa.

An armed gunman attacked Canada's parliament this morning.

And you are all upset because you can't level as fast as you like in a freaking video game!?!

This is the only problem in your life right now?!?
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014

And you are all upset because you can't level as fast as you like in a freaking video game!?!

And your problem being ... getting upset because, people are getting upset in a Video Game ... take your own medicine ...

... and to be fair ... the world was already pretty messed up anyway ... Tau Dewa Patrols weren't ... :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2014

i use this to escape from my life so yes right now it is problem with that?
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014

How is it any different than people with 25Kdps ships running advanced or normal STF's ? It's basically the same thing, right ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • l3ct3rl3ct3r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yes there are some very serious things going on in real life and no whats happened recently in STO most certainly is not my only problem, however I personally come to STO to ESCAPE real life and its issues for a short while. Its called "Escapism"

When that avenue of entertainment becomes laborious and tedious, then YES I will become upset.

Just as you are upset that we are all upset over a "video game". vicious circle? :P
    server_hamster6.png
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Why do the world's problems make one iota of difference in a game someone is playing and might have some concerns with? Yeah, ebola is bad. Yeah, an armed gunman is bad. But I don't live in an area where ebola is all that of a concern. Hell, I live in Texas, the only state in the US where ebola has appeared, and I'm still not all that affected, or honestly, concerned. I don't see armed gunmen in my town, even though I live in a town where people can carry guns in the open.

However, what concerns me is the game I play each and every day. So, if I have concerns in that game, I will go to a website (this one) and discuss those concerns here. To be honest, I don't actually have any real problems with the game right now, but if I did, this is where I would be airing them. At the same time, I can imagine someone with ebola in West Africa is probably not all that concerned about events happening in Tau Dewa sector. It's because it doesn't affect them. However, if they were in Texas playing this game each day instead of dealing with ebola, I'm sure it would be a concern to them. One person's events doesn't always translate to someone else's.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Those of your distracted by the real world shouldn't compare that world to this virtual world. I am not distracted by the real world nor will I follow what the media is trying to control us with. I am in my virtual world flying my star ship Risa Luxury Cruiser in the vastness of space daily and on the internet as well.

They should really bring back that sector up and running. Remove the queues feature then, but don't penalized the rest of us who are not doing wrong in this game. Game for fun and should be that way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
    edited October 2014
    So by your own admission the sector patrol missions were broken and needed to be fixed anyway. So it's about time they got off their butts and fixed them. :rolleyes:

You just know their idea of 'fix' is nerf the awards and leave the other problems 'as-is' ,right ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• clooney002clooney002 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    All of u qqers are using exploit by matching low lvl to get insanely large amount of exp in sector which are not designed for this. Ships there are weak and have low structure and damage even on elite difficulty. In a lot of other MMO ppl get ban for this.

Really?

Your dad should have pulled out!!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    You just know their idea of 'fix' is nerf the awards and leave the other problems 'as-is' ,right ?

Whatever they profess to 'fix', I'm still disgusted at the speed at which they can do emergency patching, without even bringing down the entire server (sic!), when people are possibly 'endangering' their incomes by doing something as innocent as leveling up fast, and why they can never be arsed to fix my hopelessly broken loadout system! Funny how that works, isn't it?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    its funny how the devs call a legit game mechanic an exploit while they obviously have never played this game without a cheat
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Good one! :) I think you won the forums today. :D

I see the Devs at their desks moustache twirling and saying...

"I shall leave you as you deserve .... marooned for all eternity without any patrol missions in the center of a dead sector..... grinding away.... grinding away...."

You just know you'll be able to buy your way out of the sector with a token from the Z-store.

:P
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yes! Nerf XP from low level mobs so level 1-50 players pay their 200 zen / 1k xp as well. Brilliant!
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I do find it amusing that nearly everyone assumes it was locked down due to "leveling too quickly".

I am normally one of the first to cry merry hell to the devs over one thing or another, but even I can see it was highly unlikely done for that.

Rumors are that it was due to farming crafting items, and I believe that more than ever, over leveling...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Whatever they profess to 'fix', I'm still disgusted at the speed at which they can do emergency patching, without even bringing down the entire server (sic!), when people are possibly 'endangering' their incomes by doing something as innocent as leveling up fast, and why they can never be arsed to fix my hopelessly broken loadout system! Funny how that works, isn't it?!

Well it is quicker to turn on and off a light switch, then it is to install a new fan
    GwaoHAD.png
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For the love of God Geko go.

Crapitc/PWE get shot before this shoddy dictator kills this game any further.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Well it is quicker to turn on and off a light switch, then it is to install a new fan

Turning the light switch on and off usually takes them about 2-3 hours. I just thought it was noteworthy that, if they really want to, apparently they can patch on a 'live' server just fine.

And new fans, I think they're going about it the wrong way making those. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And new fans, I think they're going about it the wrong way making those. :P

I see what you did there
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited October 2014
    Start popping your small exp boosts, seems these are 'exploits' as well and are getting nerfed to 1/3 their boost.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited October 2014
    Start popping your small exp boosts, seems these are 'exploits' as well and are getting nerfed to 1/3 their boost.

What small XP boosts? I'm not planning to buy any, or anything else from this cursed game, if it can be so arbitrarily changed.
    I AM WAR.
    edited October 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    What small XP boosts? I'm not planning to buy any, or anything else from this cursed game, if it can be so arbitrarily changed.

see Tribble Patchnotes :
    -The Small XP Boost now grants 1,000 Bonus Skill Points instead of 3,000.
    -The price will remain the same at 200 ZEN.
    edited October 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »

The 3K ones, I got a few from lockboxes and supposedly they're sold in the z-store. Word is they're getting nuked to 1K boost for the same price.

Likely tomorrow.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Reading this thread is more fun than playing the crappy new content.

I think all exploiters should be banned, including myself, that way I don't have to buy any more Zen.

I was going to buy a ship pack next month, but unless the xp problem is fixed, I will not be doing that.

Until then I am playing Firefall, I might even clean the garage.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All of u qqers are using exploit by matching low lvl to get insanely large amount of exp in sector which are not designed for this. Ships there are weak and have low structure and damage even on elite difficulty. In a lot of other MMO ppl get ban for this.

I agree!!! Would someone please think about the poor, helpless NPCs?!?!?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • sevindragoonsevindragoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone thought about the fact that romulans that join the federation are sent to this sector at the Lt. Commander level? and that said mission is still being given out with sector closed? or that after you attempt to get in there, all other sectors give this error.. Grr.. All I want to do is play the game.
  • englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2014

HOW exactly have you come to the conclusion that THIS is the exploit? have you ever stopped to think that cryptic may have actually uncovered a true exploit that most of us were not aware of with these maps?
    Did not think so, no you jumped in and started bashing those that actually USED what is effectively a FEATURE of the game that has been around for a VERY LONG TIME and now its an exploit?
    Or are you just jelous you did not get to use this FEATURE?

on the flip side of what i just said, if Cryptic are claiming this is the exploit and we will find out soon enough then all i can say is SHAME ON THEM for adding a feature that they clearly thought was a good idea at the time as it made it into the game.
    In no way is this an exploit if they intentionally added this to the game, logic says to me (maybe i am far to logical for the dev team) but if you do not want people to scale their level down and actually claim greater XP then do NOT add it to the game, i am damn sure here that they could do the scale up only as is evident across the likes of red alerts and fleet queues.

No way can anyone class this as an exploit considering it was an intended feature or it would just not be there really is that simple.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone thought about the fact that romulans that join the federation are sent to this sector at the Lt. Commander level? and that said mission is still being given out with sector closed? or that after you attempt to get in there, all other sectors give this error.. Grr.. All I want to do is play the game.

This is the current issue. Several of our members have romulans and cannot complete their missions. Several are brand new players that started within the last 5 days, or so. They are, understandably, a bit upset.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    englishnod wrote: »
    HOW exactly have you come to the conclusion that THIS is the exploit? have you ever stopped to think that cryptic may have actually uncovered a true exploit that most of us were not aware of with these maps?
    Did not think so, no you jumped in and started bashing those that actually USED what is effectively a FEATURE of the game that has been around for a VERY LONG TIME and now its an exploit?
    Or are you just jelous you did not get to use this FEATURE?

on the flip side of what i just said, if Cryptic are claiming this is the exploit and we will find out soon enough then all i can say is SHAME ON THEM for adding a feature that they clearly thought was a good idea at the time as it made it into the game.
    In no way is this an exploit if they intentionally added this to the game, logic says to me (maybe i am far to logical for the dev team) but if you do not want people to scale their level down and actually claim greater XP then do NOT add it to the game, i am damn sure here that they could do the scale up only as is evident across the likes of red alerts and fleet queues.

No way can anyone class this as an exploit considering it was an intended feature or it would just not be there really is that simple.

I don't think you and a lot of people even know what an "exploit" actually is.
    edited October 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    I don't think you and a lot of people even know what an "exploit" actually is.

Please enlighten us, wise one ...