Install Arc
Options

New Lockbox Item - Bloody CATS

Comments

• Options
    comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    I wish they would at least eat tribbles. Then I can get rid of the creepy cannibal tribble I lug around with me everywhere lol.
    thats an awesome idea!
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's So Fluffy I'm Gonna Die! :p
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Shameless exploitation of TNG fans. I am still not seeing where all the money is going ... with all of 1 new space STF in this so called expansion.
    And cat lovers. To be perfectly honest, I'm fighting myself for not buy one (since I'll forget to "use" it).

As for where the money goes, well, I have a lot of ideas. None of them involve STO development, I'm afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    strifesehstrifeseh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Shameless exploitation of TNG fans. I am still not seeing where all the money is going ... with all of 1 new space STF in this so called expansion.

Chuckle. Thankfully not all of us TNG fans will go for it ;). I spent my lobi on fluidic wristlances, because that weapon is silly fun.....and now with all the kitteh pets about......I want a pet Alf!
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Where are the images to the Cats.
    The ones in the exchange, when right clicked, only show text, no images.

How can Cryptic expect us to get one if we can't even see what they look like first.

I don't go to a pet store, close my eyes, and say, a Black and White one!

Not about to plunk down Lobi or EC for one if I can't even see them first.

At least the birds were free....
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Every box should have one, and you should not be able to get rid of them, and, they follow you everywhere.

:P

When having at least 2 in your inventory they should multiply like tribbles. If you have ever had a female cat you know that 2 or 3 times a year they have a big litter of kittens. After a while you got 20-30 cats and have no idea WTF to do with them, short of putting them in a garbage bag and tossing them off a bridge.

P.S. I can't hide it any longer, I want one. A little kitty to call my own. <---Crying Loudly with Huge tears and snot everywhere.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You don't read blogs and notes do you? There are at 3 queues..Learn to play the story to unlock the other 2..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This explains why I saw someone with a cat in Delta Command when I first beamed down to it yesterday. I thought I was seeing things. Do we have a blog telling us these things came out? Or a list of them all?

I admit, I haven't gone through all 23 pages of this thread, so sorry if that's been asked before.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Been running around with a tabby with my main. Been a few folks go 'wtf?' :P
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Trying to get the OK to post a render of the cats. In the mean time, glad to see people excited (heh...and loathing) them :)

Found another STO cat post on Reddit actually posting the one cat that resembles my rl cat http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2jel43/captain_on_deck/

As I responded there, here's Captain Lilu in her chambers: http://imgur.com/bpo5Mhi
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They need idle animations of yawning and grooming.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Trying to get the OK to post a render of the cats. In the mean time, glad to see people excited (heh...and loathing) them :)

Found another STO cat post on Reddit actually posting the one cat that resembles my rl cat http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2jel43/captain_on_deck/

As I responded there, here's Captain Lilu in her chambers: http://imgur.com/bpo5Mhi
    I have never understood why some people hate cats. Although some of them I've met kinda act like mice soo....

Is it possible to make it so that if they stay idle too long they curl up and go to sleep? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They also need some meow and purring sounds. ;)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    They need idle animations of yawning and grooming.

and rolling onto their backs and playing with their feet.
  • Options
    sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm, cats in boxes, are they alive or dead?

I see what you did there :cool:

I couldn't stop laughing.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so for season 10 do we get little human pets for the the caitan and ferasans?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the kitties need to rub against your legs and if you are sitting jump on your lap or the table
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Agreed. We don't need more than one tabby! With so many beautiful breeds out there, we should have nine different breeds. I'm still happy though and have my lobi ready to go as soon as I get home from work.

Tabby's are the superior race, all hail the great tabby overloads!!!
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014

No joke, the first thing Delta Rising related i did, was buying an orange (which is the "Spot" one i think) and black cat for two of my characters from the exchange. So yeah, pretty excited about them. :)

Good job with their look & animations!

+ A very nice surprise to find Data's Ode in the description text. :)
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It seems weapons also work in Delta Command, because some moron wouldn't quit chasing me & my cat around there and shooting at it incessantly. It had no effect whatsoever besides making gameplay seriously annoying while I was trying to read mail, use the exchange, the bank, etc. while their pulse weapon is rat-a-tat-tatting at my tabby. It earned the player a quick report for harassment.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wonder when pwe/cryptic is going to come out with a "Crazy Old Cat Lady" Accolade? :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so for season 10 do we get little human pets for the the caitan and ferasans?

Cats already control humans. Don't believe me? Get one and find out. Dogs may have masters, but cats have staff.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the kitties need to rub against your legs and if you are sitting jump on your lap or the table

Funny you mentioned that... One of my FED toons was at Starfleet Academy last night, had summoned my cat and was crouched next to him. Three players asked "Does it do tricks?"

It would be cool if there were some additional animations. Emotes for felines, too. <g>
  • Options
    papasezpapasez Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm, cats in boxes, are they alive or dead?

Both. ;)

For idle animations, they definitely need to jump on any consoles near by and pace back and forth before curling up so you can't get anything done. Maybe even a chance to trigger a warp core breach. ;)

Also, Caitians with pet cats is just wrong.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know about the cats, but someone's given my eppoh a ton of coffee. Little fella runs around like crazy, jumping off everything.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Give us a little animal or robot that goes around and picks up loot for us and I will be impressed, otherwise who cares? At least Doff packs were a useful trash prize to put in a lockbox, but a cat? Ugh, thanks Cryptic for giving me more reasons to avoid gambling.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Give us a little animal or robot that goes around and picks up loot for us and I will be impressed, otherwise who cares? At least Doff packs were a useful trash prize to put in a lockbox, but a cat? Ugh, thanks Cryptic for giving me more reasons to avoid gambling.

Oh nice, have the non combat "pets" space and ground, not disappear when in combat, not fight, but go loot for me.

Yellowstone Runabout "Pet" flying around looting my stuff... awesome.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    HATE THOSE CATs....

Can you sell something like the party ball neutralizer for those who want to be "neutralized" or blind to cats? The other day it look like a party of cats running around on ESD....if you want to make it annoying can u sell beagles instead :cool:
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Out of curiosity can you have more than one cat out at once?
    Answer: No. Just one at a time.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I need to pick a character to get one that doesn't have a pet already.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg