Options

New Lockbox Item - Bloody CATS

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    papasez wrote: »
    For idle animations, they definitely need to jump on any consoles near by and pace back and forth before curling up so you can't get anything done. Maybe even a chance to trigger a warp core breach. ;)

Also, Caitians with pet cats is just wrong.

rofl on both counts. :D

Gorn with cats is rather horrifying as a thought.. You /know/ they're emergency rations at best, and after dinner snacks at worst. Caitians with small cats is not so wrong, they might be glad to serve as staff for their smaller cousins. (Cats don't have owners, they have staff, after all) ^_^

And yes, cats pacing back and forth on consoles, more dangerous than viral matrix and assimilate ship combined!

But really, isn't that what PawSense is for? ^_^
  • Options
    desade1desade1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At least they bury their own TRIBBLE, unlike dogs...And they don't stink like dogs if you don't bathe them weekly.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Trying to get the OK to post a render of the cats. In the mean time, glad to see people excited (heh...and loathing) them :)

Found another STO cat post on Reddit actually posting the one cat that resembles my rl cat http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2jel43/captain_on_deck/

As I responded there, here's Captain Lilu in her chambers: http://imgur.com/bpo5Mhi

These need more animations, really. They're cats ffs! :P
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    desade1 wrote: »
    At least they bury their own TRIBBLE, unlike dogs...And they don't stink like dogs if you don't bathe them weekly.

Yeah... they bury their TRIBBLE... inside your house.

And cats smell way worse than dogs.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can somebody please gift me a lock box kitty? Purrrty please!? =*¥*=
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Can somebody please gift me a lock box kitty? Purrrty please!? =*¥*=
    you can find some of them on exchange for less than 1M.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cats should eat tribbles in your inventory. They can get rid of the Cannibal Tribbles now.
  • Options
    crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My cat is the best thing in game right now lol.
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i have all but 1
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Can the devs create a Kitty Swarm power where it summons all of the Cats in a character's inventory to attack a target?

Having an army of cute and furry creatures would make my Admiral invincible since no one can resist the cuteness.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    E2 has a bright spot[sic].

I have a Cat... It's black and just sits there, sweet, sometimes it stretches, sweet, when I jump of the ESD balconies it jumps with me, sweet. My uniform isn't covered in hair, sweet, my quarters don't stink of kitty litter, sweet.

Now will E3 bring on the Beagle?

And if it does...

Can it sit, lie down and play dead, will it have a "fetch stick/ball" emote or even beg, will it sniff centres of gravity?
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I just want to compliment on the animations these cats have. Their moves in-game really do seem very natural and like something my own cat would do.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I just want to compliment on the animations these cats have. Their moves in-game really do seem very natural and like something my own cat would do.

animations are good yeah but please devs you might want to add moving eyes, unlike most ingame critters the eyes are really obvious on the cats and they dont move at all which is sightly offputting.

low priority, yeah, but just my two cents.

they look great though, maybe just a slight movment animation and a blinking animation like on NPCs
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Now if only it were possible to deploy 1 of each simultaneously without having the others disappear. :(

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be fun if you could pet your cat or dangle a string for it to bat at, as an animation. :)

BTW, for those of you with the calico, your cat is almost certainly a girl; calico and tortie males rarely survive, and if they do, they are sterile. If you have an orange tabby, odds are about 5 to 1 it's a boy. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.