So much meow!
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    oh the irony of my Caitian owning a pet cat.

:D
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Or stopping a robbery, or saving someone from drowning, or assisting the handicapped, or getting the newspaper, or bringing a stranded skier barrel-booze, or....well, you get the point. :D

Cat stops robbery

Saving someone from being drowned? You got me there. Did try to save some leaves from drowning though.

Cats as service animals.

Cat fetches newspaper

Bringing a barrel of booze? You got me there again. How about a beer bottle cap?
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes! No one with a soul wants a cat. Bring on the Porthos pets!
    You may come to regret that decision.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    But they do save kids from dogs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6GQR3Ym5M8

Amazing. Just , amazing. :eek::D

See, another reason to keep loving these amazing animals. Yup, i love the word "amazing".
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kianazero wrote: »
    Cat stops robbery

Saving someone from being drowned? You got me there. Did try to save some leaves from drowning though.

Cats as service animals.

Cat fetches newspaper

Bringing a barrel of booze? You got me there again. How about a beer bottle cap?

Here's another one :P

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/dog-grammar-chaser-border-collie-video_n_3328097.html
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

... being "just an animal" he might have a bigger vocabulary, than lots of people ...

You right. In fact, i never considered animals just "animals" i respect em even more than most of the humans.. lol. My last cat died 1 year ago, and i still cry some nights. I even made a little memorandum in my room. What i meant was "intelligence" is not a word used on animals, even if some of em are more intelligent than some humans... :eek:
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I don't even understand where that thing came from.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mwiww... Personally, I don't mind cats. They're an ST canon type of pet in addition to being real domestic animals (Unlike the various horta which are neither), and besides, they're amazing.
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can Caitian Players get a little mini-human pet?
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    unotetsu wrote: »
    Can Caitian Players get a little mini-human pet?

Easily. Get an Alien Boff and turn the height slider all the way down. :D
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    omg

I must have them all. I don't care about anything else in the boxes or the lobi store, but I must have the cats. All the cats.

Same here. Scrolled through the article on the lockbox, not caring about anything I saw--and then cats. Aside from my Nausicaan doff mule, who will keep his lovely girly epohh with a giant bow, my toons that have pets will each get a kitty of their own.

BTW, I am convinced that each of these cats was bred with a sample of Maru's genetic code.

To illustrate why: http://youtu.be/2XID_W4neJo

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And the 9 cats are....

Green Quality: Orange tabby, Mixed tabby, Grey tabby.
    Blue Quality: Black and white, Black, White.
    Purple Quality: Russian blue, Siamese cat, Calico

30 lobi for a box that gives a random cat. Can be sold on exchange unless you bind it to you.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Haha, Alyosha should totally get a Russian Blue... XD

On the other hand, if by "mixed tabby" you mean a torbie like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MzsoGVADKmU/TpYZhWzAO_I/AAAAAAAAAPA/Rhe66rgNsf4/s1600/cats+8.28+001.jpg

One of my lovely IRL kitties strongly protests being called a mere green-quality kitty. SCANDAL!!!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can haz cats? My felines approve. I am owned by two loving cats.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Interestingly, I learned that cats are actually social creatures that can live in groups. Probably what they do with those cat ladies I always read about in the intertubes.

And apparently, the "owner" of the cat is seen like a parent in regards to their social behaviour. Something that can be seen by their meowing - cats usually ony do this towards their parents.

my cat only does this meowing, grabbing attention, stroking herself up against me and not leaving me alone as a means of trying to get something, almost all the time. i havent spoiled her rotten with food but shes picked up the habit.

i also have another cat around, that cat isnt anywhere near as interactive, it may have something to do with having a new litter back in the day, after the first group the cat just stopped caring about everything around it except its own, sometimes just wants attention but most of the time its for food.

had a ginger moggy once, male, he was about 1 year old before he disappeared and havent seen him ever again. my cat has 2 sisters and 2 brothers, so the male cat above was one of them, the others were given away including a grey striped cat, another female, its tail was very long so much so it bent at its tip when the tail is in the air and its purring was very loud, i mean if the cat was purring at one end of the room you would hear it the other end. the other two were two tabbies including my cat.

the mother cat, that that cat mentioned earlier, the less interactive one? she has another kitten not long after however it died weeks later, another ginger mog, the mother cat just didnt care for it.

they are around 8-9 years old by now if they all survived.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    And the 9 cats are....

30 lobi for a box that gives a random cat. Can be sold on exchange unless you bind it to you.

Ow.. really really poor selection of breeds.. and you cant even select the one you want.. pff.

Until i see all of em around, i will never invest lobi on em. I love cats, but... i have the feeling i will not be convinced so easily.
  • Options
    hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ow.. really really poor selection of breeds.. and you cant even select the one you want.. pff.

Until i see all of em around, i will never invest lobi on em. I love cats, but... i have the feeling i will not be convinced so easily.
    Agreed. We don't need more than one tabby! With so many beautiful breeds out there, we should have nine different breeds. I'm still happy though and have my lobi ready to go as soon as I get home from work.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    my cat only does this meowing, grabbing attention, stroking herself up against me and not leaving me alone as a means of trying to get something, almost all the time. i havent spoiled her rotten with food but shes picked up the habit.

The more affection you give em, the more affection they give you selflessly (sorry dunno if this is the right word). I had 4 cats until now, and they showed me affection all the time, not only when they wanted to eat.

The difference is, cats are more independent than dogs (one of the things i admire of em), and dogs act all the time in response to a reward, we could say the same about em. Most of the times a dog give you affection is because of the same reason, because they want something. Both, dogs and cats are exactly the same in this matter. As i said, the only difference is a dog thinks like "if i want this i need to do what my master says, if i want this i need to show my master some affection". The way a cat think is "i will only show affection to my master when he deserves it, in the meantime, i will live on my own, just acepting the generous food offers from my master.":P

Pd.: The more affection you give to a cat, the more years they live lol. All my cats died in the range of 22-25 years old (with the exception of my last one, that died because of a disease at 16 years old). I tell you, i dunno if it is a coincidence or not (i also read something about it time ago) but i always give em a lot of affection.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Are there decent-sized pics of all nine cat breeds somewhere?

• Options
    isrorisror Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    And the 9 cats are....

Got my Russian Blue on my first try last night :D
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Spent my spare lobi and bought 6 boxes last night. Here's what I got:

- 2 Grey Tabby

- 2 Mixed Tabby

- 1 White Cat

- 1 Calico

Sold off the white cat and bought a black cat, since that was the one I was aiming for. Gave away one mixed to a friend and put the rest in my bank. Not sure what to do with the Calico. I might sell it off for some things I've been wanting off the exchange, but part of me wants to keep a very rare cat around lol. I dunno yet.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Spent my spare lobi and bought 6 boxes last night. Here's what I got:

- 2 Grey Tabby

- 2 Mixed Tabby

- 1 White Cat

- 1 Calico

Sold off the white cat and bought a black cat, since that was the one I was aiming for. Gave away one mixed to a friend and put the rest in my bank. Not sure what to do with the Calico. I might sell it off for some things I've been wanting off the exchange, but part of me wants to keep a very rare cat around lol. I dunno yet.

I wonder if we can leave two cats in our inventory with food and we can haz moar cats!
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wish they would at least eat tribbles. Then I can get rid of the creepy cannibal tribble I lug around with me everywhere lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I wish they would at least eat tribbles. Then I can get rid of the creepy cannibal tribble I lug around with me everywhere lol.

That was my initial thought, can we keep Cats in our bank as Tribble control, so they won't reproduce while a Cat is present.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    KITTIES!!!! YAY!!!

This is the BEST part of Delta Rising! Who needs intelligence ships when we can cute adorable kitties? Like so many others, I feel the need to have them all. lol I can't wait to give them, all, homes aboard my furry friendly vessels.

Thank you, Cryptic! :)

Is there any way to get some "meow" sounds to go along with the kitties? :D
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bought a kitty box from the Lobi store and got a Blue Russian. I had to let him go so I could get a beautiful Mixed Tabby that looks like my handsome fella irl.

THANK YOU CRYPTIC!

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2014
    Yes, Cats... as in those annoying creatures that are annoying, do very little except lay there and do nothing.... cats....

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/c3/48/c348b1520aa3b9029ee8e0ffcac456861413225033.gif

Shameless exploitation of TNG fans. I am still not seeing where all the money is going ... with all of 1 new space STF in this so called expansion.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie