What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance 10-16-2014 6:30PM - 11PM PDT

Comments

• Options
    vaelannvaelann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I feel almost bad about my priorities considering I'm going to wait till 2am est for this rollback:cool:
  • Options
    wa14235wa14235 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i.....err.........someone get me a jem'hadar to pat his head O.o

No "patting" the devs its apparently frowned upon...
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    The TRIBBLE in me wants them to roll the game back to Season 2's launch day so people can see what a real half-assed launch looks like, and how this really pales in comparison. And why I'm not even bothered.

... that and I'm waiting on a weapon to finish building in Warframe.

All I want is a game that won't crash after 2-5 minutes... :(
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know!

I was sooo looking forward to hitting that amazing milestone

Still the team is hard at work and doing their best.

Hang in there forum folks!

*reassuringly strokes your hair*

Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.

*pat pat on your head*
    LOL good one

(sadly some of us never got to do even that)

*drinks romulan ale while pwecaptainsmirk strokes hair*
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bbfknight wrote: »
    I guess you dont really understand what the phrase "roll back" means...

roll back to the point just right before they started doing the update... all your stuff will be fine.. server just gets un-patched and goes to last known good

Last time they rolled back 6 hours and all my progress was reset to before the reset, but the money spent was gone. A refund isn't forthcoming from the support team. If they only roll back to the point when they took the server down, then ya, we'll be fine.

I don't have much faith that they'de do something so benign as a 'light' rollback like that.
    :cool:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vaelann wrote: »
    I feel almost bad about my priorities considering I'm going to wait till 2am est for this rollback:cool:

Dude lets face it none of us have a life...
  • Options
    markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wa14235 wrote: »
    No "patting" the devs its apparently frowned upon...

i'm not the one patting...the jem'hadar is....LOOPHOLE *cough* i mean wormhole thing O.o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    All I want is a game that won't crash after 2-5 minutes... :(

I believe Pac-Man is freeware now.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Can I use this out of context the next time I see someone say that their body is ready?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To bad I was forced to respec my main toon because of this. At least it wasn't on the other 29 toons I have so 1 out of 30 isn't bad:mad:

Smirk send me a respec :D
  • Options
    unlivingpsychounlivingpsycho Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know!

I was sooo looking forward to hitting that amazing milestone

Still the team is hard at work and doing their best.

Hang in there forum folks!

Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.

*pat pat on your head*

strangely aroused now. thanks.
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    To bad I was forced to respec my main toon because of this. At least it wasn't on the other 29 toons I have so 1 out of 30 isn't bad:mad:

Smirk send me a respec :D

I took a hit on 2 outa 19 and one was my main problem is is getting it just right again. I sure hope they stabilize things a bit wait stable and sto, my bad
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I believe Pac-Man is freeware now.

Pac-man provided me a lot of hours of entertainment as a child...
  • Options
    bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OK Brandon

I leave you in the cold vacuum of mullet space

Buried alive..... in laughter...

:D

https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk/status/522971545950371840

OMFG!!!! LMAO!! <3

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    nativejoenativejoe Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In regaurds to the games difficulty. They are finally making it not a complete snooze fest for those of us who have designed characters to be tested, tried, and bested by a enemy.

My scimitar for one is nearly invincible and I hope to see a challenge for it here soon.

My dyson science destroyer has been a tough cookie, but thru hours and hours of testing, remapping skills and hashing out numbers I;ve finally gotten a science federation captain survivability and dps over 10k and TONS of utility holds and confuses... by far the funniest character I've ever played.

Players that didn't want to do the math, grind for the gear, or focus on primary characters had their YEARS of being the top concern in Star Trek online.... now its time for the Elite to profit some, and the rest of everyone else to put away their Mark IV phasers and up the quality of their game play.

For years you've been able to get away with doing elites in 1 of each type of weapon, wearing common weapons, and Never grinding your way thru the hierarchy of fleets and different reputation paths. Now you have to think , spend your dilithium carefully, and consider the pro's and cons to your builds and maybe just maybe pack around different sets in your inventory for different situations.
  • Options
    temerarioustemerarious Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sometimes we just have to be patient no matter if we like it or not. Us pissing and moaning about the down time doesn't fix the issue any faster or better.

That being said...Devs, fix the issues P.D.F.Q. if possible, and let your H.M.F.I.C. know that next time you launch and new season to make your promises less than you intend to deliver. The mob of players will be less pissed that way.

P.D.F.Q.= Pretty Damn F*****g Quick
    H.M.F.I.C.= Head Mother F*****r In Charge

"Good Night, and Good Luck" -Edward R. Murrow
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I took a hit on 2 outa 19 and one was my main problem is is getting it just right again. I sure hope they stabilize things a bit wait stable and sto, my bad

contradiction in terms like Militray Intelligence :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    strangely aroused now. thanks.

Ummm.... why?
  • Options
    xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And I thought I had it bad when I spent like 15ish minutes chasing that one around the map twice (and slightly off map)

Same thing happened to me.
    Was it the one in the first patrol set...in the asteroids?
    It was shooting me from off of the map, while spawning an endless stream of assistance, but I couldn't target it because it was off of the map.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sometimes we just have to be patient no matter if we like it or not.

I am working on increasing my post count!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sometimes we just have to be patient no matter if we like it or not. Us pissing and moaning about the down time doesn't fix the issue any faster or better.

You must be new here...
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Um... moving on... =>>=

Anywho, I will say this so far for the expansion, this is far more smooth so far, than what it was like for the Romulan expansion. And also, overall the game has proven far more stable and to be honest overall, fair, for what a F2P MMO is expected to be, overall.

Could do without the nerfed EC and DIl bits, and the fact there are fifty something Borg spheres per ISA (formerly ISE,) but it hasn't felt like a disaster, as some players think it is.

I say this knowing future Season 10 stuff is in the works, and we've only just begun the Delta Adventure in wild west space. *Twirls phaser into holster, after blowing on it.*

Peeps are welcome to their own opinion, but this is IMHO. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    contradiction in terms like Militray Intelligence :D

i would make a "Perfect World - Un-Perfect Games" joke right now... wait nvm i just did..
  • Options
    vaelannvaelann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wa14235 wrote: »
    Dude lets face it none of us have a life...
    Fair enough :D

I wish everyone could see how messed up everything got for me post patch. It was borderline laughable :P
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bfelczer wrote: »
    OMFG!!!! LMAO!! <3

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

How did everyone else miss that post?

What exactly is going on people?

I post things for your hilarity and no one sees it before my hush child post???

*Strokes my own hair*

Hush Smirky, if you meme it, they will know
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Same thing happened to me.
    Was it the one in the first patrol set...in the asteroids?
    It was shooting me from off of the map, while spawning an endless stream of assistance, but I couldn't target it because it was off of the map.

yeah it was like the second patrol set, where you rescue the kobali. No it didnt get that bad he chased me back onto the map and wasnt spawning reinforcements.
  • Options
    xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nativejoe wrote: »
    In regaurds to the games difficulty. They are finally making it not a complete snooze fest....

For me, the snooze-fest BEGAN when I spent 3 hours fighting one ship.
    I literally fell asleep for about 20 minutes because of that.
    That's not fun & entertaining; it's needless torture on a loyal 4-year+ customer whom has been here since a week before launch, and spent $600 on a Lifetime Subscription without ever having the opportunity to see the game in action...or even screenshots..
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aleaic wrote: »
    Um... moving on... =>>=

Anywho, I will say this so far for the expansion, this is far more smooth so far, than what it was like for the Romulan expansion. And also, overall the game has proven far more stable and to be honest overall, fair, for what a F2P MMO is expected to be, overall.

Could do without the nerfed EC and DIl bits, and the fact there are fifty something Borg spheres per ISA (formerly ISE,) but it hasn't felt like a disaster, as some players think it is.

I say this knowing future Season 10 stuff is in the works, and we've only just begun the Delta Adventure in wild west space. *Twirls phaser into holster, after blowing on it.*

Peeps are welcome to their own opinion, but this is IMHO. :D

LOL Sooo glad I was deployed for the Romulan expansion :D
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    #BranKhan ftw
This discussion has been closed.