ROFL

/10 char
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • doctorme1doctorme1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Alright, I have to ask, devs; from two hours to 3 to 5... What did you break and how do we fix it?
  • bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How did everyone else miss that post?

What exactly is going on people?

I post things for your hilarity and no one sees it before my hush child post???

*Strokes my own hair*

Hush Smirky, if you meme it, they will know

I dunno but Pat and I are rolling on the floor laughing. I hope my pecs look like that in a few months! I'm on a 5 day/wk workout plan!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • whiterookwhiterook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

*Strokes my own hair*

Hey I seen it - was just busy trying my hand at some hilarity. :P
  • markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pupibird wrote: »
    what about that time zone link for all of us around the world smirk? too busy for that? no idea now when servers will be back...:mad:

Heres your time link: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wa14235wa14235 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Question... since this large chunk of downtime - plus the maintenance this morning and the fact that I was at work for almost the entire time in between (minus one hour, in which not all my characters' previous assignments were ready to be restarted)...

... can we get some sort of temporary multiplier thrown in for DOFF and R&D assignment progress in order to make up for lost progress caused by today's 6+ hours of maintenance time?

Agreed, 6 hours is quite long
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Question... since this large chunk of downtime - plus the maintenance this morning and the fact that I was at work for almost the entire time in between (minus one hour, in which not all my characters' previous assignments were ready to be restarted)...

... can we get some sort of temporary multiplier thrown in for DOFF and R&D assignment progress in order to make up for lost progress caused by today's 6+ hours of maintenance time?

you bring reason and logic into this discussion? next you'll bring up a 100% free respect for all char's because of fubar'd respects. and I think respect should have a commit or redo before you can finalize one.

but for shame back to the original thrashing. you need to be condemned and ridiculed before this breaks out and reason takes hold!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    ok time to do some swtor, wait gotta patch that too now...
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • vaelannvaelann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sometimes we just have to be patient no matter if we like it or not.

It's been said good things come to those who wait... All I have to say is whatever is coming to me,better be freaking fantastic!:D:D:D:D
    edited October 2014
    wa14235 wrote: »
    Agreed, 6 hours is quite long

6hrs is actually a normal length for some patches.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014

*Strokes my own hair*

Smirky dont fret we still somewhat love you.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Smirk is having a bad hair day that is why the server crashed:D

It's the Janeway effect!

The worse the bun, the worse the plot development
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pupibird wrote: »
    what about that time zone link for all of us around the world smirk? too busy for that? no idea now when servers will be back...:mad:

58 minutes and counting.
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah it was like the second patrol set, where you rescue the kobali. No it didnt get that bad he chased me back onto the map and wasnt spawning reinforcements.

Nah.
    Mine was in the first set.
    The rest weren' nearly as much trouble, but still took about 15-30 minutes each, and The Doctor's Photonic Bulwark took me 4 hours because it kept insta-healing everytime it killed me because my respawn point was too far away.
    Once I was able to drag it over to my respawn point, it took about 20 mnutes, and 3 respawns to finally "defeat".
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you bring reason and logic into this discussion? next you'll bring up a 100% free respect for all char's because of fubar'd respects. and I think respect should have a commit or redo before you can finalize one.

but for shame back to the original thrashing. you need to be condemned and ridiculed before this breaks out and reason takes hold!

Give him a break, it only took 496 post before ppl started asking for free stuff.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I want to know Smirk did you all hire Johnny from the movie Airplance to pull out the plug:D
  • docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's the Janeway effect!

That reminds me I have the entire voyager series on my Ipod I should turn that on. :)
  • anonymousplagueanonymousplague Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    watch out for the Janeway Factor! :D
  • whiterookwhiterook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's the Janeway effect!

Ok Smirk - now I am groaning - out loud - in your direction! :P
    edited October 2014
    @Smirky. why do i have the feeling your just going to ask them to delay it another hour just to mess with us?
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    @Smirky. why do i have the feeling your just going to ask them to delay it another hour just to mess with us?

If he does that I forsee FORUM RAGE:D
    edited October 2014

so he can smirk in your general direction ;-D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    44 min remaining
  • solak42bwsolak42bw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I see it already LOL.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I want to know Smirk did you all hire Johnny from the movie Airplance to pull out the plug:D

And the servers are getting llaaarrrrrggggeerrrr :D
    edited October 2014

Hey its allways entertaining to watch people rage
  • vaelannvaelann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dooont sayy that!1
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And the servers are getting llaaarrrrrggggeerrrr :D

Hey Trevor, how about some coffee?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You are ASSUMING that normals are doable. They aren't. I'm 0-for-3 in freaking Federation Fleet Alert in my best ship. Which, by the way, is an upgraded Wells with all purple mk 12 or better gear, seven fleet consoles, etcetera....

I'm not saying they need to nerf Elite and Advanced because, honestly, 'Normal' has become so 'Impossible' that I'm not even tempted to try either 'Advanced' or 'Elite'.

Then your ship sucks, Fix it.
  • catonikjamescatonikjames Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tamujiin wrote: »
    So heres the deal to all the nay sayers, and whiners ive seen in this thread, about them wanting cryptic to "nerf" the advanced/elite. Get over it, and learn a build, and put it together.

if you cannot do the new stuff you have one or multiple of the problems i am going to list.

1. You dont actually know a decent ship build. ( gear level is not that important )
    2. Your skill tree, you have that all messed up don't you?
    3. Your not level 60, SO do normals, until you are max level.
    4. Remember Normals were all you could do at level 44-45t to level 50?? Well they should make you do normals from 50-55 so you all quit whining.
    5. Your too, unknowlegeable, or unaware how FREE to play this game is, without even needed to cheat, with a macro or anything to make dilithium, and turn it into zen.

Your only whining because cryptic is forcing you to play content, your not "used to".

I would suggest to you, temporarely find a fleet, that is willing to help you learn some actual knowledge about the game, and play with them. Most people have fleet channels, and they are basically "fleet alliances".

If your an owner of a small fleet, make an alt toon and go meet some people. For petes sake this is an MMO, its not meant to be played solo. These are meant to be social games. Join an alliance, with a tier 5 fleet, and get access to your gear that way, and keep your fleet. Its not hard to do things, as long as you have a team that knows what they are doing.

Crytpic has done the best thing they could for this game, because even for most casual players, that play it for the social experiance, as adults, THINK ITS TOO EASY. ( you know, the actual money providers for the game. )

Cryptic, and the team SAID you could not just pug the new stuff, so stop trying to join a que from a pug group. Expecially while everyone that knows what to do is power leveling.

I say thank you cryptic, for taking us in a brighter, better direction!

Looking forward to this supposed drastic increase in difficulty. I stopped playing "Tactical" because it was too easy to kill NPCs (even on elite) Pop the boost abilities, 1 or 2 good volleys and target is down.

Started playing a science captain/ship combo, hoping for more of a challenge, or at least more interesting gameplay. So far, its a bit more fun, but still stupid easy.
    "The dead one tried to show me h3ll, but it was a pale imitation of the horror I can paint on the darkness in a quiet moment.” - Mark Lawrence
This discussion has been closed.