test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance 10-16-2014 6:30PM - 11PM PDT

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,803 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    tamujiin wrote: »
    So heres the deal to all the nay sayers, and whiners ive seen in this thread, about them wanting cryptic to "nerf" the advanced/elite. Get over it, and learn a build, and put it together.

if you cannot do the new stuff you have one or multiple of the problems i am going to list.

1. You dont actually know a decent ship build. ( gear level is not that important )
    2. Your skill tree, you have that all messed up don't you?
    3. Your not level 60, SO do normals, until you are max level.
    4. Remember Normals were all you could do at level 44-45t to level 50?? Well they should make you do normals from 50-55 so you all quit whining.
    5. Your too, unknowlegeable, or unaware how FREE to play this game is, without even needed to cheat, with a macro or anything to make dilithium, and turn it into zen.

Your only whining because cryptic is forcing you to play content, your not "used to".

I would suggest to you, temporarely find a fleet, that is willing to help you learn some actual knowledge about the game, and play with them. Most people have fleet channels, and they are basically "fleet alliances".

If your an owner of a small fleet, make an alt toon and go meet some people. For petes sake this is an MMO, its not meant to be played solo. These are meant to be social games. Join an alliance, with a tier 5 fleet, and get access to your gear that way, and keep your fleet. Its not hard to do things, as long as you have a team that knows what they are doing.

Crytpic has done the best thing they could for this game, because even for most casual players, that play it for the social experiance, as adults, THINK ITS TOO EASY.

Cryptic, and the team SAID you could not just pug the new stuff, so stop trying to join a que from a pug group. Expecially while everyone that knows what to do is power leveling.

I say thank you cryptic, for taking us in a brighter, better direction!

The elitism in this is astounding. The issue isn't people not knowing how to build a ship, or anything of the such. While I'm sure there are issues with this, you make the arrogant assumption in this game everyone is a moron but yourself, and prove your own ignorance. When 5 people that are dropping 11k+ have to concentrate fire on something to kill it in a reasonable amount of time, something is wrong.

Plus Fleet Alert cannot function in its current form. It's meant that players of all levels can run it but that cannot happen the way it is now, so yes they need to call attention to it. If you still want a challenge, run an elite at max level. They make them for a reason. That or throw all white gear on your ship.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm old enough I guess

It's a pterodactyl!

I guess it's the wrong week for the maintence guys to quit sniffing glue:D
  • dharkmandharkman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello all,

Just thought this would be interesting to chew over.

The ship listing for the Eclipse Intel Cruiser in the Zen store states that there is a Lt. Commander slot but at the ship yard and upon using it, it is only Lt.

Lol, took me a bit of reading to find out that the Zen store listing for that ship was just a bit off... knew it was too good to be true :D Might want to correct that soon.

One more hour to go and back to the fun.

Da Khat
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just to clarify, this does not pertain to me.
    I have done all of this.
    When a ship is shooting you from off of the map, spawning endless assistance, and you can't target it because it's off of the map, you have to fly all of the way across the map to get to it, and it has fully healed by then, AND every mission I played scaled according to the team I played it with...no amount of build knowledge and/or teamwork will help that much.

By what your saying, it does apply to you, you just don't really know what you are doing, or want to admit it.

Calm down, when the servers are back up, take my advice, and find a good team, because it seems you keep insisting on doing this, but it also seems the way you are describing this, your PUGGING IT.

Stop PUGGING IT, and it get a coordinated team, and learn how FUN and NON time consuming it still is.
  • wa14235wa14235 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dharkman wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just thought this would be interesting to chew over.

The ship listing for the Eclipse Intel Cruiser in the Zen store states that there is a Lt. Commander slot but at the ship yard and upon using it, it is only Lt.

Lol, took me a bit of reading to find out that the Zen store listing for that ship was just a bit off... knew it was too good to be true :D Might want to correct that soon.

Da Khat

Shh don't tell them about the bugs they may actually fix them :o
  • docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Thats it did the servers have the fish?
  • markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dharkman wrote: »

Da Khat

don't jinx it :-p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wa14235 wrote: »
    "Spacebar", "Spacebar", Spacebar", Spacebar", Spacebar" Victory lol

People hate it when they ask me about macros and I reply "I beat that spacebar like a highschooler beats his sausage."
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • vaelannvaelann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You folks do realize running around calling people 'bads' doesn't make them want to join your fleets...correct?

A fleet is a group of people working together to achieve something. Why would you want to give your benefits (Whatever they may be) to people who treat others in such a way?
    maybe this will put some perspective on it.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2013535/Teamwork
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The elitism in this is astounding. The issue isn't people not knowing how to build a ship, or anything of the such. While I'm sure there are issues with this, you make the arrogant assumption in this game everyone is a moron but yourself, and prove your own ignorance. When 5 people that are dropping 11k+ have to concentrate fire on something to kill it in a reasonable amount of time, something is wrong.

Plus Fleet Alert cannot function in its current form. It's meant that players of all levels can run it but that cannot happen the way it is now, so yes they need to call attention to it. If you still want a challenge, run an elite at max level. They make them for a reason. That or throw all white gear on your ship.

Here, here.
    NEW content should be harder; making existing content harder is basically alienating most new players, and this is judging by a massive amount of posts I've seen here, and in other places all over the internet addressing this very topic.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • whiterookwhiterook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Guess its the wrong week for the Dev's to quit smoking.
  • wa14235wa14235 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cidjack wrote: »
    People hate it when they ask me about macros and I reply "I beat that spacebar like a highschooler beats his sausage."

Im not going to lie.. they was the best thing said on this forum today.. thank you good sir.
  • thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    docfreder wrote: »

No. I think the doctor mistook them for lasagna and ate them.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maintenance has been extended till 11AM PST.
    The devs have been sent home for the night, and will try again in the morning.
    edited October 2014
    cidjack wrote: »

hahaha i don't think i can recover from that one :D:D:D
    edited October 2014
    Originally Posted by shadowkosh View Post
    I guess it's the wrong week for the maintence guys to quit sniffing glue
    Guess its the wrong week for the Dev's to quit smoking.

Guess it was the wrong week for the coders to quit crack.
    edited October 2014
    Guess it was the wrong week for the coders to quit crack.
    Or maybe it was the wrong week for them to pick it up :eek:
  • dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know!

Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix

*pat pat on your head*

Neelix still owes me for the bad Angla'bosque he made once.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
    edited October 2014

The maintence guys fixing the server "I GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE! I GOT TO GET OUR OF HERE"

Smirk 'Everything is going to be all right SMACK"

Trendy "Smirk your wanted on the forums. Everything is going to be all right SMACK"

Line forms behind Trendy everyone with blunt objects :D
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wa14235 wrote: »
    So we finally can have fun?
    :D
    PUGging the old KSE was a blast with a group of lowbie cruisers, and you know we're all high-5ing each other if we get lucky and get a player with a built shimmy. It stops being fun when normal requires everyone to have an average 20 million damage output for the whole mission. And for 480 dilith reward for an advanced match it's not worth the time to run the mission. We can grind more in less time running random patrols.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited October 2014
    the Maintence Guys Fixing The Server "i Got To Get Out Of Here! I Got To Get Our Of Here"

Smirk 'everything Is Going To Be All Right Smack"

Trendy "smirk Your Wanted On The Forums. Everything Is Going To Be All Right Smack"

Line Forms Behind Trendy Everyone With Blunt Objects :d
    Rofl; Ok Nobody Panic But Does Anyone Know How To Fly This Server :)
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

By what your saying, it does apply to you, you just don't really know what you are doing, or want to admit it.

Calm down, when the servers are back up, take my advice, and find a good team, because it seems you keep insisting on doing this, but it also seems the way you are describing this, your PUGGING IT.

Stop PUGGING IT, and it get a coordinated team, and learn how FUN and NON time consuming it still is.

I'm not PUGGING story missions...or anything else.
    There is massive amount of glitches, and the enemies have insane abilities that scale with my team.
    I KNOW what I'm doing, you jerk!
    I've been stomping ALL content in this game until Delta Rising came along with it's Vaadwaur lunacy, and it's 700k Hull Hit Points.
    Basically, my 4-years+ experience has gone completely out the window.
    That's ridiculously insulting.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Running a server is just like riding a bicycle! Except it's a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited October 2014

Are you telling us the truth Smirk

Smirk "NO WE ARE ALSO OUT OF COFFEE" :D

FORUM PANIC
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You have a science gank? or are all five of you tactical wanna be DPSERS? If your pulling 11k DPS your doing something wrong, as tac.

And my good sir, if you knew me, you would know i am not an "elitist" i run the best most casual tier 5 fleet system of alliances in the game i have seen, ever. We just help our people get their fun, by having fun with em and keeping them informed. If this makes me an elitist, so be it, i guess i am.

Hpow is saying go meet some people, being elitist? i thought most elitist were in the 30k DPS channel, i am not :D Just the 10k.

You know, its a thing called team work.

Sometimes we also like to use a word called diversity, you know, bring a tank, 1 healer, and 1 science ganker, and 2 DPS heavy Tacs or something.

DPS dont matter, team work does. No where did i say anything about DPS, except in this post.
  • starportsstarports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Rapunzel Rapunzel !
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I picked a bad week to stop sniffin' glue...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Running a server is just like riding a bicycle! Except it's a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

silly you poor a can of coke classic in the power supply it makes it gooey and slows down the fan so you can just stick the cards to it.
  • lynxmlynxm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So heres the deal to all the nay sayers, and whiners ive seen in this thread, about them wanting cryptic to "nerf" the advanced/elite. Get over it, and learn a build, and put it together.

if you cannot do the new stuff you have one or multiple of the problems i am going to list.

1. You dont actually know a decent ship build. ( gear level is not that important )
    2. Your skill tree, you have that all messed up don't you?
    3. Your not level 60, SO do normals, until you are max level.
    4. Remember Normals were all you could do at level 44-45t to level 50?? Well they should make you do normals from 50-55 so you all quit whining.
    5. Your too, unknowlegeable, or unaware how FREE to play this game is, without even needed to cheat, with a macro or anything to make dilithium, and turn it into zen.

Your only whining because cryptic is forcing you to play content, your not "used to".

I would suggest to you, temporarely find a fleet, that is willing to help you learn some actual knowledge about the game, and play with them. Most people have fleet channels, and they are basically "fleet alliances".

If your an owner of a small fleet, make an alt toon and go meet some people. For petes sake this is an MMO, its not meant to be played solo. These are meant to be social games. Join an alliance, with a tier 5 fleet, and get access to your gear that way, and keep your fleet. Its not hard to do things, as long as you have a team that knows what they are doing.

Crytpic has done the best thing they could for this game, because even for most casual players, that play it for the social experiance, as adults, THINK ITS TOO EASY. ( you know, the actual money providers for the game. )

Cryptic, and the team SAID you could not just pug the new stuff, so stop trying to join a que from a pug group. Expecially while everyone that knows what to do is power leveling.

I say thank you cryptic, for taking us in a brighter, better direction!

We all happily accept your generous invitation to join your fleet so that you can teach us how to properly play STO.:P
This discussion has been closed.