What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance 10-16-2014 6:30PM - 11PM PDT

Comments

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    If he does that I forsee FORUM RAGE:D

I would link the threads referring to forum rage, but I am not pulling an all nighter to do it.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wa14235 wrote: »
    @Smirky. why do i have the feeling your just going to ask them to delay it another hour just to mess with us?

Cuz you're terrible.

It's not like I woulld find that SOMEWHAT amusing :)
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey its allways entertaining to watch people rage

Oh God ROFLMAO:D
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tamujiin wrote: »
    So heres the deal to all the nay sayers, and whiners ive seen in this thread, about them wanting cryptic to "nerf" the advanced/elite. Get over it, and learn a build, and put it together.

if you cannot do the new stuff you have one or multiple of the problems i am going to list.

1. You dont actually know a decent ship build. ( gear level is not that important )
    2. Your skill tree, you have that all messed up don't you?
    3. Your not level 60, SO do normals, until you are max level.
    4. Remember Normals were all you could do at level 44-45t to level 50?? Well they should make you do normals from 50-55 so you all quit whining.
    5. Your too, unknowlegeable, or unaware how FREE to play this game is, without even needed to cheat, with a macro or anything to make dilithium, and turn it into zen.

Your only whining because cryptic is forcing you to play content, your not "used to".

I would suggest to you, temporarely find a fleet, that is willing to help you learn some actual knowledge about the game, and play with them. Most people have fleet channels, and they are basically "fleet alliances".

If your an owner of a small fleet, make an alt toon and go meet some people. For petes sake this is an MMO, its not meant to be played solo. These are meant to be social games. Join an alliance, with a tier 5 fleet, and get access to your gear that way, and keep your fleet. Its not hard to do things, as long as you have a team that knows what they are doing.

Crytpic has done the best thing they could for this game, because even for most casual players, that play it for the social experiance, as adults, THINK ITS TOO EASY. ( you know, the actual money providers for the game. )

Cryptic, and the team SAID you could not just pug the new stuff, so stop trying to join a que from a pug group. Expecially while everyone that knows what to do is power leveling.

I say thank you cryptic, for taking us in a brighter, better direction!

Just to clarify, this does not pertain to me.
    I have done all of this.
    When a ship is shooting you from off of the map, spawning endless assistance, and you can't target it because it's off of the map, you have to fly all of the way across the map to get to it, and it has fully healed by then, AND every mission I played scaled according to the team I played it with...no amount of build knowledge and/or teamwork will help that much.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Time extended to 1AM UTC O.o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to put a nay say on FAs being undoable... yes they are harder (probably too hard since lowbies are allowed in as well. Can we segregate on basis of rank, for FAs, for being fair's sake, at least?)

But I digress, of the ones I've been in, three of five so far, have been beaten, two of those with Borg as the enemy.

It IS still doable, with teamwork, and a bit of luck. Course I do them atm for XP mainly, more than fleet marks. (I'm drowning in fleet gear, on my ships and Boffs.)
  • vaelannvaelann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tamujiin wrote: »
    Originally Posted by westmetals View Post
    You are ASSUMING that normals are doable. They aren't. I'm 0-for-3 in freaking Federation Fleet Alert in my best ship. Which, by the way, is an upgraded Wells with all purple mk 12 or better gear, seven fleet consoles, etcetera....

I'm not saying they need to nerf Elite and Advanced because, honestly, 'Normal' has become so 'Impossible' that I'm not even tempted to try either 'Advanced' or 'Elite'.
    Then your ship sucks, Fix it.

I have to say i agree
  • xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cuz you're terrible.

It's not like I woulld find that SOMEWHAT amusing
    Has someone seen the word "Rollback" too many times in this thread and took on the challenge? :D
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And the servers are getting llaaarrrrrggggeerrrr :D

Smirk that is awesome you got that reference most people haven't seen that movie it's that old:D
    edited October 2014
    Time extended to 1AM UTC O.o

Hehe...wonder how many ran to check the launcher >.<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catonikjamescatonikjames Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    58 minutes and counting.

How do you function in daily activities?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=time+zone+chart
    "The dead one tried to show me h3ll, but it was a pale imitation of the horror I can paint on the darkness in a quiet moment.” - Mark Lawrence
  • wa14235wa14235 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Cuz you're terrible.

It's not like I woulld find that SOMEWHAT amusing :)

Is it also bad if he does, either way i wont feel sorry for you guys...
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014

*reassuringly strokes your hair*

Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.

*pat pat on your head*

omg, lmao

Seriously though, I'm glad that they chose to do this downtime in order to fix the Skills Invalid issue now, rather than letting this bug languish until next week.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • wetoddtedwetoddted Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope I'm one of those lucky people who can respec for free.
  • solak42bwsolak42bw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I just did but it still says 630 - 11 pm Pacific for me
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    before DR heck normal was boring even in a pug if 4 dropped out it was doable just boring.

so I tried what used to be called ISE today

that was a free for all someone blew a gen early as usual and poof kicked out fail 10 marks I was okay bad pug

so tried khitomer on normal (new normal)

was a really good pug and 10 minutes of playing keep away and killing everything in site. one got through slightly kicked out 10 marks.

the new normal is harder a lot harder then the old elite by far.

its in the NUMBERS

and I mean not 1.5 or 2x I am talking 6x to 8x.
    edited October 2014
    solak42bw wrote: »
    I just did but it still says 630 - 11 pm Pacific for me

lol, i know, i was bored :-p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    You are ASSUMING that normals are doable. They aren't. I'm 0-for-3 in freaking Federation Fleet Alert in my best ship. Which, by the way, is an upgraded Wells with all purple mk 12 or better gear, seven fleet consoles, etcetera....

I'm not saying they need to nerf Elite and Advanced because, honestly, 'Normal' has become so 'Impossible' that I'm not even tempted to try either 'Advanced' or 'Elite'. But 'Normal' needs to be set back about 75% in the direction of where it used to be (maybe not all the way, but down my three-quarters of the difference between old and new).

The only normal I've lost is the storming the spire where it was beyond my control. I think the normal are slightly challenging and the advanced are a handful at level 51 with a good ship.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaelannvaelann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How do you function in daily activities?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=time+zone+chart

lololololololol
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I will take this time to reflect on one of the good things about Delta Rising.

It respects Star Trek canon very faithfully. Cryptic didn't even have to write up a reason why these aliens want to kill us, they just remembered Janeway did it for them over a period of 7 years.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Dang it, I thought you said LAUNDRY. You made me get up and check. :D
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    edited October 2014
    before DR heck normal was boring even in a pug if 4 dropped out it was doable just boring.

so I tried what used to be called ISE today

that was a free for all someone blew a gen early as usual and poof kicked out fail 10 marks I was okay bad pug

so tried khitomer on normal (new normal)

was a really good pug and 10 minutes of playing keep away and killing everything in site. one got through slightly kicked out 10 marks.

the new normal is harder a lot harder then the old elite by far.

its in the NUMBERS

and I mean not 1.5 or 2x I am talking 6x to 8x.

So we finally can have fun?
  • militiamasterxmilitiamasterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You folks do realize running around calling people 'bads' doesn't make them want to join your fleets...correct?

A fleet is a group of people working together to achieve something. Why would you want to give your benefits (Whatever they may be) to people who treat others in such a way?
    edited October 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I will take this time to reflect on one of the good things about Delta Rising.

It respects Star Trek canon very faithfully. Cryptic didn't even have to write up a reason why these aliens want to kill us, they just remembered Janeway did it for them over a period of 7 years.

Janeway made a lot of friends didn't she... its sad cryptic couldn't get her into delta rising
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Smirk that is awesome you got that reference most people haven't seen that movie it's that old:D

I'm old enough I guess

It's a pterodactyl!
    edited October 2014
    cidjack wrote: »
    Dang it, I thought you said LAUNDRY. You made me get up and check. :D

yes...the laundry......its running away right now...with a klingon and a ferengi ^_~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solak42bwsolak42bw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So we finally can have fun?

means you gotta work for your marks while having fun at the same time.
  • hellsheart70hellsheart70 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i find that the eng maint is a poke and hope for something they should have spent better time on before the release.i also think there gonna be eatin roman noddles before anyone will pay for the expansion when they every other day shut dwn shop for repairs.you can remove this post if u like but it wont improve the prob
    edited October 2014
    solak42bw wrote: »
    means you gotta work for your marks while having fun at the same time.

"Spacebar", "Spacebar", Spacebar", Spacebar", Spacebar" Victory lol
  • starportsstarports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And the servers are getting llaaarrrrrggggeerrrr :D

No, don't fix the servers! That's what they expect you to do.

Aunty Am, Aunty Am, it's a twister it's a twister......
This discussion has been closed.