Options

Emergency Maintenance 10-16-2014 6:30PM - 11PM PDT

Comments

• Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far far *record scratch*

No. Brandon was supreme overlord of the forum public relations team.

So he is a just a player now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    doh i was in a middle of a mission and was being attacked aswell.
    why is it they have to do this all the time, shut it down when people are in missions
    why dont they give notices in game like they did before when they doing a normal maintence

There was a 15 minute ingame warning from what I saw. You might have to check your chat settings.

Anyway... Back to my bacon flavored popcorn! :D
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jake477 wrote: »

Yes. Brandon has retired to a whole new dimension of madness.

:D

*gestures her hand from left to right*

Tribble land.
  • Options
    aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    noxtereg wrote: »
    They gave 10 minute warning on game, and not a "normal maintenance" its an emergency one :)

Where do they post this supposed warning??? I saw no warning.
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes. Brandon has retired to a whole new dimension of madness.

:D

Being one of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    solarterrasolarterra Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looks like I get to do the first Delta Quadrant mission for the third time. :\
  • Options
    noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aphantasm wrote: »

I seen it pop up in my chat 10 min 5 min and 1 min warnings.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Well he was a player first lol. I played with him a few times back in beta. Then he got a job at PWE. Now he's back to being one of us.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thomas7906 wrote: »
    :mad:
    I was given no such warning about the server coming down or was i updated to the fact.. So i'm in the middle of upgrading one of my ships " That I'm Forced to do now that this BS of a patch"Sorry Expansion came out.. And as always Cryptic never fails and coming out with something new and breaks everything else in its wake.. Bravo once again from all of us Lifetime Subs who for some stupid reason spend an insane amount of money playing this Broken MMO..:mad:
    You don't speak for me, and I am happy with the expansion. I'm a Lifetimer and you will never speak for me, I don't allow anyone else to speak for me... Keep your generalzations to yourself next time.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014

it came across my chat in nice 5 minute intervals till shutdown you might want to check on your notifications.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Being one of us.
    Do you remember the TNG episode Darmock?

Well, STO has a similar story about Brandon, which we tell around campfires.

...and, then we sing 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat'.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bfelczer wrote: »
    Clearly, this emergency downtime is just to get Captain Felczer back into his correct ship :D :P

God speed, STO Team! Looking forward to continuing my exploration in the Delta Quadrant tonight!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Great to see you here again, Brandon... However, I am soooo hunting your [REDACTED] down in the [REDACTED] sector when I get the chance! We, have some unfinished business!!! :D

PS: Pls Bring Bacon!
  • Options
    cepholapoidcepholapoid Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please, please, please fix the Boff trainer for KDF romulans! Also romulan captain boff training has the same issues.
    cI5XEZr.jpg
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Aren't you a dev?

That was the former Community Manager, Branflakes. He may not be working for Perfect World anymore, but he still is part of this community as a player. It's good to see him posting in the forums again!

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Please make my Mac client not crash.

You make things go...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    noxtereg wrote: »
    I seen it pop up in my chat 10 min 5 min and 1 min warnings.

That probably explains it. I don't have my chat window open. I rarely ever even use chat to begin with.

What they should do is flash it across the screen like they do the lockbox ship winners. That way no one can say they missed it.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Well he was a player first lol. I played with him a few times back in beta. Then he got a job at PWE. Now he's back to being one of us.

He was always one of us even when he worked at PWE. He never stopped playing.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That probably explains it. I don't have my chat window open. I rarely ever even use chat to begin with.

What they should do is flash it across the screen like they do the lockbox ship winners. That way no one can say they missed it.
    The message did pop up there as well... perhaps you were too busy to notice.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    He was always one of us even when he worked at PWE. He never stopped playing.

Well yeah, I meant one of us as in a normal player who doesn't work for the company.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There was a 15 minute ingame warning from what I saw. You might have to check your chat settings.

Anyway... Back to my bacon flavored popcorn! :D

Mmmm Bacon Scented Yankee Candles (tm) whilst eating Bacon-Caramel Hot-Crossed Buns Mmmmm... :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The message did pop up there as well... perhaps you were too busy to notice.

That is a possibility. I do tend to ignore the lockbox ship winner messages when I'm in the midst of a space or ground battle.

Its also possible that it flashed during a time I was loading from space to ground or zone to mission.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Warnings came at 20 mins, 15 mins, 10 mins, 5 mins, 2 mins, and 1 min, like normal.

Not the devs fault or anyone elses if you have the messages turned off. :p
  • Options
    random909random909 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, how long is this supposed to last? And is there any back-end fixing going on? For example, graphics lag types of things?
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That is a possibility. I do tend to ignore the lockbox ship winner messages when I'm in the midst of a space or ground battle.

Its also possible that it flashed during a time I was loading from space to ground or zone to mission.

You have the ability to turn off the lockbox win messages and admin messages.

I had an untold number of Pms when I logged on informing me the server was going down.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    fltcaptcrandallfltcaptcrandall Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for the emergency fixes! I've run up a couple of the bugs being fixed, and will happily wait for a patch.

For those without notifications, indeed check your chat channel settings. Its possible to turn off admin announcements. I saw 19, 15, 10, and 5 minute announcements before bailing.

And for those complaining, I've also been a lifer since before open beta. Formed a fleet 1.5 years before game launch on the forum. While this game is not perfect, I can tell they try hard and I am appreciative for the efforts put in. I feel I've gotten my money worth several times over. My stipend paid for ship upgrades that weren't free. This is a free to play game now, so money has to come in to keep the staff employed and servers on. That's the bottom line. This is how they do it for non subs (the upgrades, new ships, etc.).

Good luck with your patching Devs. Thanks for all you do.

Sincerely,
    Flt. Capt. Crandall
    Commanding
    1st Exploration Fleet
    U.S.S. Explorer, Fleet Flagship, Vesta Class

Real life
    M.S. Space Systems, B.S. Aerospace Engineering
    Contractor, NASA Space Launch System
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cidjack wrote: »
    You have the ability to turn off the lockbox win messages and admin messages.

I have a untold number of Pms when I logged informing me the server was going down.

damnit jim, i said she could go to warp 2, not warp 9 .......how the hell did you manage to a connie to warp 9.9 anyways?
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    damnit jim, i said she could go to warp 2, not warp 9 .......how the hell did you manage to a connie to warp 9.9 anyways?

Funny, you were the only one on my friends list that DIDN'T tell me it was coming down!:D
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    tasshena wrote: »
    Warnings came at 20 mins, 15 mins, 10 mins, 5 mins, 2 mins, and 1 min, like normal.

Not the devs fault or anyone elses if you have the messages turned off. :p

Too my knowledge I never turned them off. Shoot I just did a fresh reinstall on a new HD a couple weeks back. So even if they had been turned off they would have been turned back on when everything was reset with the reinstall.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just started a Crystalline Advanced when the 15 min warning came up. Finished it with around 30 seconds to spare. :D
This discussion has been closed.