Comments

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    venkou wrote: »

You haz won the internets !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    you know its bad when 2-3 posts are made faster than I can scroll down, read, and return to the forum index
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • thomas7906thomas7906 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    :mad:
    I was given no such warning about the server coming down or was i updated to the fact.. So i'm in the middle of upgrading one of my ships " That I'm Forced to do now that this BS of a patch"Sorry Expansion came out.. And as always Cryptic never fails and coming out with something new and breaks everything else in its wake.. Bravo once again from all of us Lifetime Subs who for some stupid reason spend an insane amount of money playing this Broken MMO..:mad:
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You haz won the internets !
    *throws her hands up with Rocky style excitement*
  • kazthemightykazthemighty Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I understand the need for this patch, but too bad it couldn't wait til off-primetime. No STO for me today. :(
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thomas7906 wrote: »
    I was given no such warning about the server coming down or was i updated to the fact.. So i'm in the middle of upgrading one of my ships " That I'm Forced to do now that this BS of a patch"Sorry Expansion came out.. And as always Cryptic never fails and coming out with something new and breaks everything else in its wake.. Bravo once again from all of us Lifetime Subs who for some stupid reason spend an insane amount of money playing this Broken MMO..:mad:

I rate this a Shatner level of nerd rage.

It happens. That's why people are being careful the first two weeks... lots of TRIBBLE will happen
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can you please confirm this bug is actually fixed with this emergency maintenance happening now.

Resolved an additional issue where the open mission “Defense at the Gates” could occasionally be blocked from completing in the Kobali Adventure Zone.

As previous patch today didnt fix it. It seems ppl kill all the enemy before they could fire a shot and before any casualties are made, from what i hear. I never actually saw anything as it was bugged and couldnt do anything but stand next to three kaboli with one having a arrow above his head *not clickable to interact either*.

This bug isnt the same bug that was fixed this morning. Yesterday it would only allow one player to complete the mission at a time. Today's bug actually existed when the testing began on tribble but was later rectified... so I'm hopeful that same fix is what is coming.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just hope it's not a rollback. Otherwise I may end up screwed of a lot of Zen (and mental sanity along with it).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The whack-a-mole bug smashing seems to be very annoying. I can understand the developers frustration when dealing with this. Fix one thing, a previous bug pops up.

I'd like to add another thing:
    *My away team on Kobali Prime (notworthy being the Intelligence Officer) seems like jumping around, moving back and forth like it's trying to find a path but failing to keep on it.

I thought the tray thing was fixed, so it goes to show the whack-a-mole bit of the problem.
    giphy.gif
  • aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thomas7906 wrote: »

I feel for ya. I had just started the last leg of a mission when the servers came down. And I too saw no warning that the servers were coming down. Shoot I never ever see a warning when they suddenly bring them down for emergency maintenance.

BTW Cryptic. I understand the need for emergency maintenance. But unless its something that can't be put off, you really should have waited till in the morning. Doing it during peak gaming time will tick of at least some of your players.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't want to sound too whiny, but why is there still no word on Infected Manus (Advanced)? Has this mission been changed in such a way that you need to do something else in the last room, or is it still the same?

The virus cannot be uploaded, so the mission cannot be completed. Which means people are running an entire (much harder also now) mission for nothing.
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Was the forced Respec not supposed to happen?
  • bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Clearly, this emergency downtime is just to get Captain Felczer back into his correct ship :D :P

God speed, STO Team! Looking forward to continuing my exploration in the Delta Quadrant tonight!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited October 2014
    I'd like to add another thing:
    *My away team on Kobali Prime (notworthy being the Intelligence Officer) seems like jumping around, moving back and forth like it's trying to find a path but failing to keep on it.
    Damn Romulan ale.

*shakes her fist to the sky*
    edited October 2014
    noxtereg wrote: »
    Was the forced Respec not supposed to happen?

no.

Also, prime time is all the time. It always will happen.

Plus these folks are doing it before headed home. So...
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please Fix the HOTBAR issue. Everytime I change a map everything I put on my Hotbar is all messed up. Everytime, this is driving me nuts. It also resets my Doffs. Please Fix this. Its making the game unbarable to play. Ty for listning.
    edited October 2014
    bfelczer wrote: »
    Clearly, this emergency downtime is just to get Captain Felczer back into his correct ship :D :P

God speed, STO Team! Looking forward to continuing my exploration in the Delta Quadrant tonight!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    O.O

*waves uncontrollably*

:D
  • kytho74656kytho74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    By the patch notes, I know a patch is being done, but is it also going to have a rollback applied to this as well?
    edited October 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    Please Fix the HOTBAR issue. Everytime I change a map everything I put on my Hotbar is all messed up. Everytime, this is driving me nuts. It also resets my Doffs. Please Fix this. Its making the game unbarable to play. Ty for listning.

it's UNBEARABLE for you? At least you can play. Me? Suck with the Order of Persistence, aka the leper fleet... damned to the hinterlands, unable to play STO until the graphic errors are repaired enough for us to get past the loading screen
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    BRANFLAKES!! How awesome it is to see you in the forums again! :P
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    aphantasm wrote: »
    BTW Cryptic. I understand the need for emergency maintenance. But unless its something that can't be put off, you really should have waited till in the morning. Doing it during peak gaming time will tick of at least some of your players.
    Im pretty sure they're acutely aware of prime gaming hours and wouldnt do this during those hours unless the TRIBBLE had soundly struck the air oscillation unit
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Lol, I really wonder how the heck they mixed up R&D traits/leveling with the captain skill tree. That was one massive TRIBBLE up.
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice that maintainance is in the middle of the night for us in the EU for a change, rather than the early evening we usually get it in. :)

Fixing up joystick support again, so I can play comfortably would be nice too, not even on the known issues list yet.
  • bilbrobagmanbilbrobagman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    :mad: 8:something PM PST at my time (FLA) is like midnight! might as well be 2077...
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    doh i was in a middle of a mission and was being attacked aswell.
    why is it they have to do this all the time, shut it down when people are in missions
    why dont they give notices in game like they did before when they doing a normal maintence
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow perfect timing! I decided to take a break from DR around 8:10 PM EST so I won't be effected then. By the time you fix what needs to be fixed on that new home world adventure land planet! Where defending the gate never seems to be solved no matter what I do. I could go around shooting anything that moves and still the mission will never end! ;)

Before shutting down on my FED at level 54, I had decided to try the next mission. Wow! 3rd Patrol Mission's. Keep them coming! First one ending it with Skill +900 Point bonus and no KABOOM! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    doh i was in a middle of a mission and was being attacked aswell.
    why is it they have to do this all the time, shut it down when people are in missions
    why dont they give notices in game like they did before when they doing a normal maintence

They gave 10 minute warning on game, and not a "normal maintenance" its an emergency one :)
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Aren't you a dev?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ironic thing is I hadn't really come across any of these bugs myself lol. Must be I am so used to STO bugs/glitches with my PHD in Cryptic work arounds that it was just business as usual for me rofl.
    edited October 2014
    jake477 wrote: »
    Aren't you a dev?
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far far - *record scratch*

No. Brandon was supreme overlord of the forum public relations team.

His career is one of legend.
This discussion has been closed.