Install Arc
Options

Announcing the Dauntless!

Comments

• Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    You rrealize its part of a pack that includes like 12 ships for a total of 125 its not 125 just for the dauntless.

I think that bit escaped him.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also the ships will be sold individually and he doesn't even need the pack lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xanothos wrote: »
    WOW REALLY ?? Cryptic, or Arc or whoever is running STO , $125.00 CASH!!!! for 1 ship , Now I think the company has gone and lost its marbles , this is a bit ridiculous , I don't care what ship it is , NO SHIP IS WORTH THIS MUCH!!! yeah yeah yeah , I know , I don't have to buy it , but to make such a ludicrous offer is beyond my comprehension. I paid the 1 time fee of $200 for my lifetime membership THAT WAS WORTH IT !! Hell I bet the expansion wont even be more than $40 - $60 , and yet they want $125 for a single ship. If they are offering up the expansion with T6 ships for each race faction Fed, Kling, Rom , and a preorder got you the Dauntless fine , or I could also accept the Dauntless going to the Veterans as a veteran reward ship too also acceptable, but by itself for that much money .. Im sorry but No Damn Way!
    I do not believe I have ever seen a poster who was this much wrong on his very first post. Wow!

The Delta Rising Expansion Pack is free to everyone. It is coming out October 14th.

The Delta Pack is a bundle of C-Store items being sold at a 20% discount it you buy it before October 14th. The Dauntless is but one item in the bundle. You do not need these items to play though the upcoming Expansion Content.

All the ships in the Delta Pack will be available for sale individually on October 14th.

The entire bundle will be added to the C-Store sometime after October 14th - generally within 2 months.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    vosoros wrote: »
    Well that settles it, with the Dauntless class information release...this will be my new ship when Delta Rising releases.

Combine the particle synthesis console with my trusty photonic displacer console and photonic fleet ability, and folk won't know what the hell's going on with them.

;)

Also, my delta flyer shuttle will look like my starships baby!

:P

Heh :) Same here as well, I'll get the Dauntless for my latest sci.char, should be fun to use.

Nice catch on the Delta Flyer bit btw, need to get me one of those! :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    captw wrote: »
    they could have wrote that better since the Voyager Crew did go trough that ship like a Hurricane, I'm sure the ship schematics were in her database. "While debriefing the crew of Voyager, Star Fleet Core of Engineers found the schematics of the NX-01-A U.S.S. Dauntless an alien vessel that was imposing as a Star Fleet vessel in the Delta Quadrant. After going through all the specs of the ship, the Core of Engineers were confident that the ship's design would work for Star Fleet's new deep space program." If you guys would like to use that as a base for a "better" introduction for the ship, by all means use it.

I prefer the idea that even if they did have it they didn't actually have the tech to duplicate it, and only now four decades later do we actually have the tech to build one.
    chiefbrex wrote: »
    I think this is ridiculous. The Dauntless was NEVER A STARFLEET VESSEL! If Cryptic even BOTHERED to watch any Star Trek episodes, you'd know the Dauntless was an alien vessel, disguised as a Federation Starfleet vessel, to lure Captain Janeway and the crew of Voyager to it, so that they could be assimilated by the Borg.

This is as bad as Starfleet/Federation officers being able to fly non-Starfleet Lockbox ships like the Ferengi D'Kora, or Cardassian Galor, or Jem'Hadar ships.

But, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Craptic's more concerned with making money, than doing Star Trek Online any justice. Guess I'll just have to wait for Star Trek Online 2 to be launched by a COMPETENT Game Developer.

But it's plainly explained that Starfleet was duplicating this vessel and its advanced technology. It wasn't a Starfleet vessel then, but it is now.

Regardless of your opinions of canon or Cryptics adherence to it, or Star Trek's own timelines, the Dauntless class has been shown to serve in Starfleet a century into the future from this timeline. Whether the Remnants of Species 116 join the Federation or Starfleet duplicates the design and technology as we see the devs say is being done now, that is a canon possibility.

From a game developer perspective at least part of a video game is wish fulfillment and the Dauntless has been requested for a very long time. It's good business sense to put it in.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No Dauntless bridge/interior I assume?

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    taut0u wrote: »

Yeah, the Dauntless bridge needs to happen! Make it so, Cryptic.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    don't bother. he's just one of those roddenberry fanboys who think the sun rises and sets on what gene did, but he doesn't even realize gene got himself fired off of tng.

the guy doesn't understand that all 6 tv series have different fan groups and that they all want to be reprsented in the game. he wants sto to be his way or no way, and then disguises his arrogance under an 'i get an opinion too' tag. lucky for us cryptic doesn't care what his opinion is. they added the dauntless because of the fans who have asked about it for years on the forum.

I sure as hell didn't ask for the Dauntless. I've been against it's addition to the game from the start, for the simple fact that it was NEVER a federation starship. What about that do you NOT understand? And accusing me of this, "my way or no way," I'm pretty sure you and a LOT of other forum posters are JUST as guilty of that attitude. In other words - Pot. Kettle. Black. Same goes for accusing me of being arrogant. This whole attack on me is rife with arrogance. Mostly because of assumptions you seem to make about people like me. As they say, don't assume anything it makes an TRIBBLE of U.

And if Cryptic's basing their decisions on what's said/asked for on the forums, it's no wonder STO is going down hill. All the civilized players avoid the forums like a plague. Mostly because of people like you. Granted, there are SOME exceptions, like me. But that's because we choose to exercise our FREEDOM of SPEECH. Deal with it with you stupid little prick.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I prefer the idea that even if they did have it they didn't actually have the tech to duplicate it, and only now four decades later do we actually have the tech to build one.

But it's plainly explained that Starfleet was duplicating this vessel and its advanced technology. It wasn't a Starfleet vessel then, but it is now.

Regardless of your opinions of canon or Cryptics adherence to it, or Star Trek's own timelines, the Dauntless class has been shown to serve in Starfleet a century into the future from this timeline. Whether the Remnants of Species 116 join the Federation or Starfleet duplicates the design and technology as we see the devs say is being done now, that is a canon possibility.

From a game developer perspective at least part of a video game is wish fulfillment and the Dauntless has been requested for a very long time. It's good business sense to put it in.

Okay, so I guess this means that Cryptic will be adding computer core consoles to the game soon then, so people can have their T5/T6 Connies, which have also, both, been requested since the beginning. I mean, it's only business savy right?
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I sure as hell didn't ask for the Dauntless. I've been against it's addition to the game from the start, for the simple fact that it was NEVER a federation starship. What about that do you NOT understand?
    its been pointed out to you more then once that the dauntless was a canon ship. it's seen in the 26th century. that makes it as canon as the wells and enterprise j. it makes it as canon as the galaxy x. it doesn't matter if it was part of the federation during voyager because it was added later. your unwillingness to accept that is what makes you arrogant.

you've decided only the episodes you like matter. that's not the way it works. tasha had a daughter named sela because of an alternate timeline event. star trek is full of that kind of stuff. it's canon's all swoshed together from direct timelines, alternate timelines, future timelines and so on. people want to see that stuff in the game. there's fans of every series and episode here and they all want their favorite stuff added in so they can play with it. just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone hates it too.

and before you start preaching the freedom of speach tag learn what it means. it doesn't mean what you think it does.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    its been pointed out to you more then once that the dauntless was a canon ship. it's seen in the 26th century. that makes it as canon as the wells and enterprise j. it makes it as canon as the galaxy x. it doesn't matter if it was part of the federation during voyager because it was added later. your unwillingness to accept that is what makes you arrogant.

you've decided only the episodes you like matter. that's not the way it works. tasha had a daughter named sela because of an alternate timeline event. star trek is full of that kind of stuff. it's canon's all swoshed together from direct timelines, alternate timelines, future timelines and so on. people want to see that stuff in the game. there's fans of every series and episode here and they all want their favorite stuff added in so they can play with it. just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone hates it too.

and before you start preaching the freedom of speach tag learn what it means. it doesn't mean what you think it does.

Right, that scene you keep relying on was from STar Trek: Enterprise, the ****tiest ever series of the Star Trek franchise, and one that I choose not to recognize. And not everything you see on TV is canon. Or did not read that bit in one of my previous posts? Probably not, as you're a stuck up little **** that thinks he can sit there, insult people for having differing opinions, and generally not being thrilled with yet ANOTHER stupid decision by one of the crappiest game developers on Earth. And THAT does NOT make one arrogant. The only arrogant one I see here is YOU, harassing and attacking me.

And I know EXACTLY what Freedom of SPEECH means buddy. It means I'm entitled to my ******n opinion, without censure from 12 year old trolls like yourself.

Oh, and FYI - Gene Roddenberry was let go from The Original Series, because he wouldn't "toe the line" with the television big wigs, who wanted to change Gene's vision of Star Trek. Basically, he got "fired" for standing his ground, and keeping a show that he created, and cared about, true to what he intended for it. Gene Roddenberry was Executive Producer of TNG until his death in 1991. So, if I decide that I like Star Trek the way Gene Roddenberry intended it to be, that's MY choice. And yes, I am proud to be a TRUE fan of the franchise. But, I'm sure you'll go right on insulting and belittling me for exercising my free will, rather than being an arrogant, obnoxious, misinformed, uneducated, conforming little prat like yourself.
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Right, that scene you keep relying on was from STar Trek: Enterprise, the ****tiest ever series of the Star Trek franchise, and one that I choose not to recognize. And not everything you see on TV is canon. Or did not read that bit in one of my previous posts? Probably not, as you're a stuck up little **** that thinks he can sit there, insult people for having differing opinions, and generally not being thrilled with yet ANOTHER stupid decision by one of the crappiest game developers on Earth. And THAT does NOT make one arrogant. The only arrogant one I see here is YOU, harassing and attacking me.

And I know EXACTLY what Freedom of SPEECH means buddy. It means I'm entitled to my ******n opinion, without censure from 12 year old trolls like yourself.
    it doesn't matter if you like the series or not. it's still canon. get it? and yes, the entire definition of canon is 'what you saw on tv and in the movies.' the definition of canon isn't 'only what i like.' if it was seen in star trek it's canon. doesn't matter if it was in tos, tng, ds9, voy, ent, or one of the movies. it's canon.

and for the record you're not entitled to freedom of speech on private property. this forum is private property, and by entering it you agree to give up some of your rights and abide by the rules of the property. of course you're too arrogant to understand that.
  • Options
    rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I sure as hell didn't ask for the Dauntless. I've been against it's addition to the game from the start, for the simple fact that it was NEVER a federation starship. What about that do you NOT understand?.

Dude nobody cares what you want. Go and cry. A lot of us are happy its going to be there.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the flip side is that others are free to tell you what they think you should do with your opinion.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will just chime in, with the ship looks like something nasa would propose.

Too 21st century looking imo.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ng differing opinions, and generally not being thrilled with yet ANOTHER stupid decision by one of the crappiest game developers on Earth.

If thats how you feel about Cryptic why do you continue to play.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stuck up little ****

That about sums up your posts, incidentally.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I sure as hell didn't ask for the Dauntless. I've been against it's addition to the game from the start, for the simple fact that it was NEVER a federation starship. .
    Other people like myself is lad a decent science class ship in the game that doesnt have the tron line of the intel ship. Nobody is saying you have to buy it just forget the ship like most of us do to ships we hate the look off
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't understand why you would have the supposedly one of the most advanced science ships around in the dauntless, and somehow it's not capable of using a universal console like some of it's lesser brethern can.

But okay I'll say for balance purposes fine leave the LT Tac spot in if you have to. But for the love of all that is holy, it's a science ship. Stop making us have to choose between science and intel. Put the Intel LT spot with the Tac spot and stop trying to make it a DPS hog and allow it to do it's actual job... you know... science... without having to choose.
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    taut0u wrote: »

I'll muddle through with a promethus bridge if needs be. Close enough IMHO.

:cool:
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    DHCs... please DHCs

:D
  • Options
    rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    DHCs... please DHCs

:D

Heh... NO... Thank god there are no cannons on this thing. It's fine with beams. You'll take your BFAW and like it!
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Given my love of tetryon weapons and quantum torpedoes, I think I'll see if I can turn my dauntless class into a powerful shield tank with anti-shield weaponary and anti-shield science tricks.

:cool:

If it's viable, it'll be an unexpected version of the vessel to face I believe. Besides which, I'm beginning to see a counter-measure to particle sysnthesis, and such photonic tricks require phasers and photon torpedoes to maintain the illusions in my experience.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I hope Cryptic is considering the Dauntless bridge for this ship. By the looks of her setup, the Dauntless is mainly aimed towards casual PvE players that are ST fans and don't bother with absolute min-maxing and those people also do love their Star Trek details like unique bridges and such.

I assume the ship sales would even do much better with the unique bridge from the show. Heck, I'd be satisfied just if they make it even if they sell it in the C-Store separately.
    Consider it, Cryptic.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I hope Cryptic is considering the Dauntless bridge for this ship. By the looks of her setup, the Dauntless is mainly aimed towards casual PvE players that are ST fans and don't bother with absolute min-maxing and those people also do love their Star Trek details like unique bridges and such.

I assume the ship sales would even do much better with the unique bridge from the show. Heck, I'd be satisfied just if they make it even if they sell it in the C-Store separately.
    Consider it, Cryptic.

Cosnidering they didn't even get bridges for the hero ships right, I highly doubt it :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would also like to know how different will the Hyper-Advanced Quatum Slipstream Drive be compared to the other QSDs already available to the ships?
  • Options
    toastyengineer1toastyengineer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Assuming the live-stream is on twitch, I cant find it. If it is not on Twitch, please link me! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    raj011 wrote: »
    I would also like to know how different will the Hyper-Advanced Quatum Slipstream Drive be compared to the other QSDs already available to the ships?

Well the Odyssey Class has an enhanced slipstream that let's the ship keep slipstream drive for longer than other ships. The Vesta Class has the 'chroniton integrated slipstream drive' that is a bit faster than the rest, lasts longer like the Odyssey's and the ship can also turn fairly well while in slipstream.
    Going by that, I assume maybe the Dauntless' one is somewhat faster and can turn better.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    rock3tmanrock3tman Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm just happy the ship is in the game. It's one of the nicer looking ships and I liked the way it entered slipstream in the show, wish they would add that effect to the game.

-Slipstream Sequence-
    1FHdQdl.jpg