test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing the Dauntless!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Captains! We're happy to announce that the Dauntless Class Experimental Science Vessel has been added to the Delta Rising: Operations Pack for anyone that has already purchased the pack or purchases the pack moving forward. Read more about it in our latest blog by Lead Producer, Stephen “Salami Inferno” Ricossa!

Check it out in our blog here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT love it

although sci ships (even if they are intel) for the other two factions would be great

STILL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Woot! Looks cool.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • sethpcsethpc Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Neat! Looking forward to the specs.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    U Wot M8???
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cue the people who will find inane fault with it in

Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh Hell.....

And this:
    The Dauntless comes equipped with a Particle Synthesis universal console. This console allows the ship to take on the appearance of a nearby foe while nearby enemy ships are given the appearance of the Dauntless.

Could be interesting indeed...

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is only with the Delta Rising pack or will it be in the zen store too?
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If I only had a $100 more to buy the pack because this ship would be worth it alone(not really ). <__________<

>___________>

p.s Still want that free T6 Inel ship .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    CALLED IT!!!!!!!! :D

Gonna buy a pack now. :) Great news!!!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    can we get an msd of the dauntless to go with the nice shiny msd for voyager?
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is it just me, or does it look like that they just took a Star Cruiser, made the saucer wayy too big and then made the hull and nacelles wayy too small? Im not a major trek fan but is it suppose to look like this?
    signature.png
  • senseiarksenseiark Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    IT actually looks cool.....
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I knew the Dauntless was coming. I had expected it to be the Anniversary Event ship, though. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I knew the Dauntless was coming. I had expected it to be the Anniversary Event ship, though. :)

Likewise.

It will probably also be available through the C-store. I bid 500 Zen. Going once, going twice..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yipee ! another ship for my pack and my main science guy !

That it's the Dauntless class, well that's just more gravy for me to swim in ! :D

Thanks !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is it just me, or does it look like that they just took a Star Cruiser, made the saucer wayy too big and then made the hull and nacelles wayy too small? Im not a major trek fan but is it suppose to look like this?

It's a canon ship from the show. They didn't design it, they just made the model based off the episode it was in.
  • midgar2midgar2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Where the heck ya get an ANDROID? and do ya know if the Dauntless will eventually be available on zen store?, not everyone can afford the pack :(
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I knew this day was coming. Now I just have to decide if I want the Dauntless first or the Guardian first (pending stats, of course). Decisions, decisions...
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It wouldn't be a Delta Quadrant Expansion without the Dauntless.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Shiny shiny ship....
    Want want want....
    :)
    2nhfgxf.jpg
    edited September 2014
    midgar2 wrote: »
    Where the heck ya get an ANDROID? and do ya know if the Dauntless will eventually be available on zen store?, not everyone can afford the pack :(
    The Android Boff is a 700 day Vet Reward. And I expect every ship in the Bundle to be available individually in the C-Store once Delta Rising goes live. I believe Smirk even confirmed that in another thread.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sweet!!!!!

I'm gonna name mine - The Sickly Sea Cow - in honor of its appearance that it looks like a sea creature that's desperately grasping onto life, after beaching itself several times.
    signature-03.png
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cue the people who will find inane fault with it in

like the fact that the texture in the first pic looks poorly done ? (texture placement I mean on the top of the ship) , does the ship artist struggle when texturing some of these ships while others look great . do not get me wrong I love this ship but it seems to me it does not look 100% right
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They 'found plans for it' ? Heck there could be quite a story right there.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    It wouldn't be a Delta Quadrant Expansion without the Dauntless.

Dauntless is nice and belongs to the DQE, but a boost or a 2-piece set for the Intrepid is IMO the real trademark for the DQE.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They 'found plans for it' ? Heck there could be quite a story right there.

I'd have thought this would have been the perfect opportunity for the ship to have been cross faction :(

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • onealcjonealcj Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dauntless Experimental Class Science Vessel

The original Dauntless class science vessel was discovered by the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager in the Delta Quadrant in 2374. Completely alien in origin, the ship and its Qauntum Slipstream Drive were created as a trap for the crew. Recently, however, specifications for the ship were discovered in the Delta Quadrant, and the Starfleet Corps of Engineers has been able to recreate this impressive starship as a Tier 6 vessel.

The Dauntless comes equipped with a Particle Synthesis universal console. This console allows the ship to take on the appearance of a nearby foe while nearby enemy ships are given the appearance of the Dauntless.
    edited September 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I'd have thought this would have been the perfect opportunity for the ship to have been cross faction :(
    Which is another reason why I thought it would be the Anniversary Event ship.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »

That would be pretty cool actually, have it actually be the alien ship, but 'disguises' to look Fed/Rom/Klingon depending on who's flying it (as different hull materials and faction bridges, but otherwise the same ship). Missed opportunity.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If they sell a stand-alone version, I would consider buying it. Same goes for the Guardian.

But if they make it exclusive to the pack? No sale. I won't buy the pack for 1 lone ship.

I am curious if they are re-creating the interior of the ship, since they did such a good job re-creating the exterior. That episode had a ton of interior footage, and it would be a shame not to get that bridge into the ship. Perhaps a setup like the Welles Bridge?

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey