test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Intelligence Ships

Comments

• dukeskyloaferdukeskyloafer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My guess is that they will add another tier to the fleet starbase. T6 fleet ships can be bought from the new tier 6 shipyard, and it will take a minimum of 7 months to get the shipyard to tier 6 from tier 5. We could then expect the T6 fleet ships added in about 8 months, based on experience.

Just spitballing here.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    It's funny how it goes from T5U is still good enough to T5U sucks with each blog they post.

I just said this in another thread but I'll add it here too. They don't want us to buy tier 5-U. We've already paid $25-30 for our tier 5 ships, each, now they want us to pay that again and then some for tier 6. They added the upgrade token just to trick a few people in to paying a little extra on their tier 5 ships, only to realise that they don't compare at all to tier 6 later and have to pay again.
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Surprised I don't see bloody screams about how the sensor abilities can strip buffs.

Puzzled that the Qwib Qwib out-stats the Eclipse in durability as well as combat stuff. Isn't the usual routine Fed cruisers tougher, KDF cruisers faster?

I like the Qwib Qwib's trait, gives a reason to put DHCs on a cruiser and not build yet another FAWboat.

And the Faeht....that might actually get me out of my T'varo. The fact that it looks properly Romulan certainly helps, but dat turn. Depends if its a nice little size or another one of those stupidly-huge ships.

Maybe they unintentionally swapped the hull stats? Because the Klingon one is better in any way... Devs, pls have a look at this!

Besides, do the hull stats of T5U ships also increase from lv50 to 60? Because if not, 50k HP on a "small" Battle cruiser seems a little high...
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    CRYPTIC

you aren't doing these Tier 6 ships justice

if anything its a step BACKWARDS

if anything it was explained here

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19107741&postcount=107
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYsw_GYP8Ok

its starts about 1:47:00 into the video, in which Geko personally states that "The Devs are aware of it and Geko says it will be a Non-Issue "soon". Now I'm not saying that they would fix it with this expansion but it certainly doesn't help it.

He's a funny guy I remember years back when they were unveiling the bortasqu'. Old dev who no longer works at Cryptic said we didn't design it to use cannons or torpedoes but we felt we needed to allow dual cannons so kdf didn't feel gimped. So geko confirms this notion.

Then geko comes out with his version of a blog back then announcing the console "autocannon" and I asked didn't you just confirm that this ship is not designed to use cannons?

He replies back well yeah I'm aware of that and then nothing else stated or adjusted/revamped for that ship lol.

I don't have anything against him personally but he's basically got this job where he has to tell little white lies here and there to try to appease the players and his masters. I guess I've just gotten used to it all but I don't expect things to happen as devs say they are going to because you are just going to be let down if you count on something that you know will never happen.
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Must, have, it, ALL!!!!!!! :eek:
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tons of new stuff to aquire, and do!!!!! Im gonna add, if it sucks, and costs the game the player base, they will just come out with a new season! :P

Seriously, alot of complaining here about these ships, with new abilities. Even if they do seem "recycled".

Im noticing no one is noticing, tier 5-U ships automatically get an 11th console slot when you upgrade them, while their will be no tier 6 ships at launch with 11 console slots.

I am going to make a prediction, everyone complining here, about how easy the game is, will immediatly start whining when they find out how, "difficult" the game is.

As a 2 1/2 year veteran player, i am PROUD of the direction the game is going. It is a truly free to play experiance, that requires little to no "grinding".

The folks at Cryptic actually made the game to where you have to actually PLAY the game, and not sit and watch youtube while you get free dilithium :P

You have my support on this one cryptic, please don't muck it up at launch, like past launches we have so bitterly experianced!
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Must, have, it, ALL!!!!!!! :eek:

Your post has been flagged for acknowledgement by Cryptic ! :P
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    $119.99

If these ships were in star citizen they would probably cost that much for each ship...... :rolleyes:
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just said this in another thread but I'll add it here too. They don't want us to buy tier 5-U. We've already paid $25-30 for our tier 5 ships, each, now they want us to pay that again and then some for tier 6. They added the upgrade token just to trick a few people in to paying a little extra on their tier 5 ships, only to realise that they don't compare at all to tier 6 later and have to pay again.
    Quoted for truth. T5U being competitive is just a PR BS.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For the record cryptic, the idea of T5-U only needed one more nail in its coffin, not two. But thanks for the extra security.

I was starting to come round to the idea that +1 console and some HP might equal the intelligence boff powers, 13th boff power (ensign level), and extra clicky (eg built in cloak and intel ship clicky). Maybe.

But the 13th BOFF power is a LT.C???????? Seriously?

To cap it all off, fleet T6 is imminent. So Fleet T5U's wont even have the extra console or hp when all is said and done. Rendering the entire system pretty much pointless.

The only upside is we know this now. I for one am not going to purchase another T5 item, or bother upgrading my ships, if this ludicrous system goes live as is.

Full, ongoing upgrade ability is needed imo. Let us take our ships to true T6, and further paid upgrades as and when fleet versions or new tiers are announced.

I dont mind paying if theres a point to it, but why should we pay if we arent competitive post paying?
    Our ships will still be able to do story content easily enough without upgrades, and theyll still rock at the "advanced" difficulty level without slowing the team down.

I had hoped to be able to pvp and do the new elite ranked content (without burdening the team), without starting from scratch in a new and hideous ship.

You said competitive cryptic. You lied.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • admmelarsenadmmelarsen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the new fed tier 6 ship look like TRIBBLE i hope someone gets fired for designing those pieces of junk
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Those ships are good. Like, REALLY good. They still look ugly as sin and I won't be buying one but they are insanely powerful and unfortunately, confirm all our fears about being vastly superior to any other ship.

Looks like we were indeed misled.
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A Sci ship with Cannons and Cloak... I cannot wait :-)

I will be playing all the ships to unlock the Star ships traits :-)

I wish we could see some underside pictures of the Intel Ships... and how long after launch will we have to wait for the Fleet versions?
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Guys, I get that making consoles not ship-locked means more Q&A and animation time, but seriously.

You would sell so many more ships if you wouldn't make these stupid consoles limited to one ship. Let us buy your new toys to put on the ships we already love, you're still getting a sale!

Please.
  • nishkacmnishkacm Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I love flying in a Fed science vessel, so I'm limiting my feedback to the Scryer Intel Science Vessel. I like the stats of the other ships (especially love the Faeth Intelligence Warbird), but I expected more of this science vessel.
    •Minimum Rank: Vice Admiral
    •Faction: Federation
    •Availability: C-Store
    •Hull Strength: 29,700 (at level 50) and 36,000 (at level 60)
    •Shield Modifier: 1.25
    •Crew: 200
    •Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft
    •Device Slots: 3
    •Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical/Intelligence, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 1 Commander Science/Intelligence and 1 Ensign Universal
    •Console Modifications: 2 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 5 Science
    •Base Turn Rate: 13 degrees per second
    •Impulse Modifier: 0.17
    •Inertia: 55
    •+10 Power to Weapons and +10 Power to Auxiliary
    •Can Load Dual Cannons
    •Cloaking Device
    •Sub-system Targeting
    •Console - Universal - Sensor Probe Swarm
    •Matter-Antimatter Warp Core
    •Active Sensor Arrays ◦Gather Intelligence
    ◦Expose Vulnerability: Defenses
    ◦Expose Vulnerability: Weapon Systems
    ◦Expose Vulnerability: Critical Systems

•Starship Ability Package (Science Vessel) ◦Enhanced Particle Generators (+Exotic Damage)
    ◦Advanced Shield Systems (+Shield HP)
    ◦Enhanced Restorative Circuitry (+Shield and Hull Healing)
    ◦Auxiliary Power Infusers (+Max Auxiliary Power)
    ◦Emitter Synergy (Starship Trait)

I assume that 2x LCM Engineer is a typo? Otherwise this ship has 3 LCMs and 1 Commander, plus the other seats it already has.

Overall I'm very underwhelmed with this ship. At the Las Vegas convention Geko told us to expect a tactical focused science vessel. If this is supposed to be that vessel then you might as well scrap the entire ship. It has an engineering focus and it completely sucks as a tactical focussed sci ship.

Currently I'm flying a Wells Temporal Science Vessel and when I compare this ship to that one this ship has less tactical slots (with the wells I use the universal LCM slot as tactical slot and I can also use the universal Lieut. as a second tactical when needed), 1 less tactical console (in fact, it has 10 consoles vs 11 consoles on the Wells T5-U), less turn rate (this surprised me because suposedly this is an agile ship), and a far lower shield modifier.

The only real advantage to this ship is the extra weapon power and dual cannons. Please tell me we're also getting another sci ship that has more of a tactical focus. I really love the looks of this ship, but overall I expected much more.
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tamujiin wrote: »
    Tons of new stuff to aquire, and do!!!!! Im gonna add, if it sucks, and costs the game the player base, they will just come out with a new season! :P

Seriously, alot of complaining here about these ships, with new abilities. Even if they do seem "recycled".

Im noticing no one is noticing, tier 5-U ships automatically get an 11th console slot when you upgrade them, while their will be no tier 6 ships at launch with 11 console slots.

I am going to make a prediction, everyone complining here, about how easy the game is, will immediatly start whining when they find out how, "difficult" the game is.

As a 2 1/2 year veteran player, i am PROUD of the direction the game is going. It is a truly free to play experiance, that requires little to no "grinding".

The folks at Cryptic actually made the game to where you have to actually PLAY the game, and not sit and watch youtube while you get free dilithium :P

You have my support on this one cryptic, please don't muck it up at launch, like past launches we have so bitterly experianced!

No, we are aware that the T5 Fleet ships will get an 11th console and the T6 ships will not. We have been aware of this. We were also aware that the T6 ships were getting an additional BOff ability slot. The only thing we didn't know was of what level it would be. Another Lt Commander BOff ability to pull from can, in many cases, trump that extra console slot.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • zambonidriverzambonidriver Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    At least they confirmed Tier 6 Fleet ships.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The ship i wonted most they have not made a thats a KDF sci ship the 2nd ship was a BoP they dont seam to of made one eva :( The 3rd was a rom one to replace my Ar'kif n they have :) now i like the stats of most of the new ships but not the sci one 2 tac consoles no thanks ill stick with my vesta.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Yep, I think all our worse fears have now been confirmed. Those stats AND knowing a Fleet version is coming? I think that's just killed this game for me.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Will these be on tribble for testing?
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    What for? They're OP, thus they don't need testing.

Seriously, at this point T5U needs either a 13th boff ability added, or should just be free. These T6 stats are ridiculous and Cryptic should feel ashamed saying that "T5U are gonna remain competitive", when clearly that's not gonna be the case, especially in PvP.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »

knowing cryptic....nope
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Personally, looking at the stats of these ships makes them seem very over-powered in comparison to T5U ships. Considering how pay to win they are, I am shocked there isn't an 11th console slot on each. Is that a typo or are you saving that for the T6 fleet upgrade which will further put them well beyond competitive with any level of T5 ships?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • arilouskiffarilouskiff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    - You create a "gather intel" mechanic which is essentially a copy of sensor analysis or a number of other things in the game.

To be honest, it isn't. Sensor Analysis provides a scaling buff. Gather intel (from my reading) doesen't provide a debuff that scales, but rather simply requires a certain amount of stacks to be built up before you can use certain abilities.

That said: The amount of information we've been given is really bad, and what we have recieved is very troubling. If T6 recieves a fleet upgrade (and there isn't an "additional" fleet upgrade for T5U Fleet ships) any notion of T5U's being "competitive" is blown out of the water.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad the intelligence ships will be slightly more squishy than a T5-U.

However, all this rage can be solved if T5-U can be modified to a full T6 upgrade. That way, those that prefer to buy the super shiny T6 fleet ships can get their edge while those that prefer their iconic T5 ships can upgrade to a T6 and actually be competitive at end game.

This would truly solve all problems and will preserve the current system we have now.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • arilouskiffarilouskiff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We’re very excited to announce our brand new Intel starships. These new ships are sleek, agile, and deadly! Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleksi gives a breakdown on all the new intel ships coming in Delta Rising!

Read more about these new ships to come in Delta Rising!

~LaughingTrendy

You really need to give a proper explanation for what the thought-process is. Because right now there's no competitiveness at all.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ahaha, for the Scryer, you posted Lt. Comm. Engineering slot twice in a row :P

Still, for those who don't know, all T5 + T5-U ships + Fleet ships and such have 12 Boff abilities. However, T6 ships explicitly have a max 13 Boff abilities, and no more

So yes, the seat may say Lt. Comm or whatever, but it only allows one extra ability of any rank up to that point, not the full swath. And aside from PVP (maybe), that's hardly a one-way ticket to obselete imo
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So here's a question, are the Universal consoles that come with these T6 ships all "clickie" abilities with cooldowns or are any of them passives that are always on?

i.e. I'm curious if "Console – Universal – Structural Integrity Field Siphon" and "Console – Universal – Weapon Systems Siphon" are clickies or passives.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.