test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Intelligence Ships

Comments

• swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    szim wrote: »
    But as soon as fleet T6 ships are relased our T5Us will lack behind significantly. Less hull and shield hit points, only 11 console slots instead of 12. Adding all those new intelligence abilities and starship traits to the equation makes it quite unattractive to fly a T5U ship in the future.

T6 ships have 10 console slots, like fleet and 3 pack T5s.
    Fleet T6s will have 11 like fleet and 3 pack T5U.

What gets 12? The lockbox Borg Cube?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Qib
    Hull Strength: 41,250 (at level 50) and 50,000 (at level 60)
    Crew: 700
    Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
    Device Slots: 3
    Base Turn Rate: 11 degrees per second
    Impulse Modifier: 0.17
    Interia: 55

Eclipse
    Hull Strength: 40,425 (at level 50) and 49,000 (at level 60)
    Crew: 350
    Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
    Device Slots: 3
    Base Turn Rate: 10 degrees per second
    Impulse Modifier: 0.17
    Inertia: 55

It appears, based on crew size, that the Eclipse is (much?) smaller than the Qib. And it has less hull, so you’d think it’s smaller too. But both have the same inertia. So why is the Eclipse turning slower? It either should have the SAME turn or more hull strength. C'mon Cryptic at least be somewhat consistent.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Okay, let me see if I have this right, because this was a bit confusing at first.

If a tactical/intel boff is seated in a hybrid tactical/intel commander boff seat, it will only make their intelligence abilities available, and not both (because that would definitely be crazy). I can also seat a regular tactical officer in this seat, which will only make their tactical abilities available. And if I seat a tactical/intel boff in a non-hybrid tactical seat, it will only make their tactical abilities available.

What about ground? How does that work? Will they be using all 8 abilities on the ground, or just 4 from tactical or intel? Or can we choose which abilities are "active?"

Each boff has 4 powers and you get to train either an intelligence skill or a profession skill at each rank. You do not get both intel and profession at each rank. Its a pick n mix situation with them,.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Whelp, that's official. I do not feel taken care of in regards to my upgradable T5 ships. The official comment that that Jem'hadar attack ship would upgrade to "Tier 6 capabilities" was untrue.
    *snip*

What I have leanred from this blog is as follows:
    *snip*
    4) Lockbox & lobi ships (the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship in particular as noted here) do not upgrade to Tier 6 capabilities.

In order to keep previous dev statements true I suggest the following:
    1) T5U ships stay as is, but the 13th boff power on T6 ships be moved from upgrading a lieutenant station to upgrading an ensign station or adding an additional ensign station. OR
    2)T6 ships stay as is but T5U ships gain a 13th boff power.

I would not be surprised it that article about the JHAS will be edited or entirely disappear within the next few days.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • shemrockskishemrockski Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    My guess is that you just have the option to train their abilities from two pools of skills. :o

On tribble when you train a hybrid boff with an intel skill the coresponding class skill is deleted so only 8 skills avalible 4 ground 4 space
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    Not at launch.

Well yeah, since it looks like fleet variants won't be available at launch. But when fleet ships become available, could I buy one directly?
  • adarandreladarandrel Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Okay, let me see if I have this right, because this was a bit confusing at first.

If a tactical/intel boff is seated in a hybrid tactical/intel commander boff seat, it will only make their intelligence abilities available, and not both (because that would definitely be crazy). I can also seat a regular tactical officer in this seat, which will only make their tactical abilities available. And if I seat a tactical/intel boff in a non-hybrid tactical seat, it will only make their tactical abilities available.

What about ground? How does that work? Will they be using all 8 abilities on the ground, or just 4 from tactical or intel? Or can we choose which abilities are "active?"

When they were on tribble they still only had 8 abilities total with each slot being either a tactical or intel ability. some had all intel some hada mix. so you have a greater variety of abilities to choose from, but still only 4 space and 4 ground slots
  • antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    a Sci Ship with 2 Lt. Com. Engi??? is there a Mistake??
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There will be Fleet versions of the Tier 6 ships?
    I guess that means Fleet Tier 5 Upgrade will be a BO slot behind after all?

That's very disappointing and not a good thing.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The KDF ship is technically a cruiser so more engineering. If there was a Intel Bop you'd get 5.

LOL Well our KDF doesn't have cruisers in the traditional sense if anything it should have atleast 4 being its supposed to be a battle cruiser. As far as an intel bop I wouldn't hold my breathe since the normal dev attitude to the KDF is "atleast you are getting something".
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Could you link me to that post from a Dev? I do not remember ever seeing a Dev state that anything in DR was about solving Power Creep - especially since they have clearly said all the DR Content is doable with existing ships.

Well for one that does not address power creep just by saying that it would be doable in T5 ships. The fact of the matter with the KDF is we technically don't have any comparable ships to the romulans and federation with the power creep problem especially since these ships romulans have with the reman trait infiltrator along with a battle cloak that recharges in 15 seconds and you can get close to a minute of cloak ambush which does not happen with kdf bops nor this intel battlecruiser. What my gripe is that they continue to make the fed and rom ships out there out class anything they put out for the kdf. This blog dictates that they are continuing that power creep trend and I just do not see justifying any time spent gathering resources being I mainly play KDF to put those said resources into underpowered content.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Eh. Once the T6 fleet ships come out, the whole T5U being competitive thing goes out the window. So much for being taken care of.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Huh. The Eclipse BOff seats is what is wanted for the Excelsior ...
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Eh. Once the T6 fleet ships come out, the whole T5U being competitive thing goes out the window. So much for being taken care of.

Well, "taken care of" can mean a lot of things. Like a hitman takes care of a snitch. :P
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Could you link me to that post from a Dev? I do not remember ever seeing a Dev state that anything in DR was about solving Power Creep - especially since they have clearly said all the DR Content is doable with existing ships.

I believe is was in an interview or podcast in which Geko stated that they'd fixed power creep. But all they seemed to have done is strap an Acme rocket to it, lit the touch paper and run like hell.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    antep01 wrote: »
    a Sci Ship with 2 Lt. Com. Engi??? is there a Mistake??

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Voth_Palisade_Science_Vessel <- Wouldn't be thefirst one that can pull that off.
  • dukeskyloaferdukeskyloafer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lan451 wrote: »

Well, technically they only said T5U would be competitive with T6. They did not mention T6.5.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Well, "taken care of" can mean a lot of things. Like a hitman takes care of a snitch. :P

Hah! Point for you there. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited September 2014
    Well, technically they only said T5U would be competitive with T6. They did not mention T6.5.

I think Gorngonzolla even specifically said "base T6" or something. We knew then that there will be better T6 versions. :(
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    I believe is was in an interview or podcast in which Geko stated that they'd fixed power creep. But all they seemed to have done is strap an Acme rocket to it, lit the touch paper and run like hell.
    No disrespect meant to you, but I have been on gaming forums for 16 years now and I put no trust into people's memories or interpretations of what they think they heard. I prefer to read or hear them for myself. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Scryer's boff stations add up to 16, which means that second Lt. Commander Eng is a typo.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Voth_Palisade_Science_Vessel <- Wouldn't be thefirst one that can pull that off.

Yes but is claims to have that along with a lt command and commoner science. That is four lt command abilities.
    320x240.jpg
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Too OP. Pls Nerf.

Lol @ double Lt.Cmdr. and 13 boff powers.
    A: Fleet Intel starships will be released sometime after Delta Rising launch.

Now I completely don't see the point of T5U... T6 just get too much in comparison. At this point T5U upgrade should be completely free... I guess the upgrade is there to lessen the rage of people who already invested in a lot of older ships. Otherwise why would anyone buy a 20-25$ ship, upgrade it for 5$ to a Fleet variant, and then upgrade it yet again for 5-10$ to T5U to end up with a ship with lesser performance than even a basic T6, not to mention a Fleet one...

Overall, "great" job, Cryptic. You've completely threw any semblance of balance outside the window...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So the only thing keeping tier 5-U remotely viable was the extra console and a little extra hull and shields, at the cost of a boff ability and a whole host of little extras that tier 6 ships are getting as innate abilities. This blog confirms that there will be fleet versions of tier 6 ships. Fleet versions of ships get an extra console and a little extra hull and shields. Then again, we have to pay no matter which tier we use, 5-U or 6, so I guess you don't really care if they're actually viable or not. It's better for you if we get the full price tier 6 ships rather than the cheaper but still costly tier 5-U upgrade, right? Don't go thinking that nobody's noticed that you seem to be putting every end game viable ship behind a paygate, no free ships being upgradeable, and no free tier 6 ship either.
  • dukeskyloaferdukeskyloafer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No disrespect meant to you, but I have been on gaming forums for 16 years now and I put no trust into people's memories or interpretations of what they think they heard. I prefer to read or hear them for myself. :)

I can't tell you the exact time, but I believe it was in the second to last episode of Stoked Radio.
    edited September 2014
    The more information comes out and the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe that the whole T6 stuff is unnecessary. They mostly release ships that are basically a new class of ship, intel. They could have done that without that upgrade chaos.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014

He's right, but I'll be damned if I go through every podcast to find it.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • markandrews1977markandrews1977 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey everyone,

Those of you concerned with older ships becoming "obsolete". I would recommend holding off the pitchforks and torches and listen to the Q and A that will be happening soon.

We are going to take care of you guys.

Pitchforks and torches for sale

T6 I've no issue with, but T6 fleet will wipe out any reason to upgrade T5 ships. I like the idea of the new ships, but I still want to be able to use the existing ships I've invested in in a way they are competitive, and I don't mind paying for that, but there is no way they can be remotely competitive with T6 Fleet, as they barely are with T6
    Commanding Officer
    Greywolf Taskforce
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    *cough* fleet versions? +1 console? rage will be great, all lockbox ships done lol. or a pretty bad mistype :rolleyes:

if not it will be like:

fleet t6: 11 cons, (less shield/hull than t5-fu?!?!), starship trait/ 5 ship-trait slots, intel stuff

t5-fleet-upgraded: 11 cons, (more hull/shields than ft6?!?!), 4 ship-trait slots
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fleet versions?!

So we are going to have a good amount of fleet grind, before we can actually get to the top tier ships? yay!

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Surprised I don't see bloody screams about how the sensor abilities can strip buffs.

Puzzled that the Qwib Qwib out-stats the Eclipse in durability as well as combat stuff. Isn't the usual routine Fed cruisers tougher, KDF cruisers faster?

I like the Qwib Qwib's trait, gives a reason to put DHCs on a cruiser and not build yet another FAWboat.

And the Faeht....that might actually get me out of my T'varo. The fact that it looks properly Romulan certainly helps, but dat turn. Depends if its a nice little size or another one of those stupidly-huge ships.