What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Invisable weapons Season 9

Comments

• Options
    i10oxi10ox Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    :(:(:(: your forum protection is almost as annoying as this bug.
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Gosh ive got the distinct feeling STO is run by dumb of nine, sick of 5 , vomit of 9 and a whole bunch of other borg drones..... horrid customer service ..... the only reason im actually playing this totally un-optimized game is that i do like star trek. I feel really sad ....just got on to play firefall ...what a dumb a$$ game but darn the graphics are pretty good....cant imagine STO game to be so sucky with graphics... god darn it .... star trek is like the "god darn AMERICAN ICON" of history for my country..... (salute added ) ... perfect world live up to it ...
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh yeah here are the boys who own this company : take a look
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/pwrd/institutional-holdings
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, i must say that this critical bug sometimes makes me laugh a lot. I was in the undine battlezone and we were so many players on the screen that it was epic xD. I didnt even bother to move or fire any weapons at all. I will get rewards anyways so, i just parked a little far from the fight zone and i just watched the show lol. NO weapon graphics at all, just a lot of laggy player ships flying around, fighting against the bubbles, but not graphic effects at all xD. Not even a single beam. And since the undine battlezone is really really really bad optimized, i could see how people struggled to try to aim and move around xD, well i had a great time, to be honest.

But people seem to like this, cuz i see a lot of people in the undine battlezone xD. So this is another example why these issues will never get fixed. People keep playing any content cryptic releases, even if it is broken as hell, and then they complain about all these issues.. even if they keep playing.. i dont know what they expect lol. I only go to the undine battlezone once in a while, but when i do.. its a real show lol.
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hojain2020 wrote: »
    Gosh ive got the distinct feeling STO is run by dumb of nine, sick of 5 , vomit of 9 and a whole bunch of other borg drones..... horrid customer service ..... the only reason im actually playing this totally un-optimized game is that i do like star trek. I feel really sad ....just got on to play firefall ...what a dumb a$$ game but darn the graphics are pretty good....cant imagine STO game to be so sucky with graphics... god darn it .... star trek is like the "god darn AMERICAN ICON" of history for my country..... (salute added ) ... perfect world live up to it ...

i had a good chuckle when i read this post. Thx for the laugh :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Frost has acknowledged the problem, and has sent out an email to try and get an answer for us.
    Can see it in the thread i created here

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1182201&page=3
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    Frost has acknowledged the problem, and has sent out an email to try and get an answer for us.
    Can see it in the thread i created here

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1182201&page=3

THATS awesome!! at least there is awareness!! its worrying though that he admits the limits of the engine!! I was going to actually buy the game .. the whole 200 $ plus of it... now I'm not going to for sure!! The draw limit on the engine is creating the issue repeatedly mentioned in this thread...and it aint getting better ... infact just lost visuals (my weapon fire..shields etc) on smaller size stfs as well thanks to today's 140 mb maintenance patch lolol
    The devs who actually developed the game engine obviously don't seem to be in cryptic anymore because they cant seem to figure out a system/algorithm/formula that helps the graphics department add more awesome graphics within the limits of the DRAW margins of the game engine. The engine obviously has a DRAW limit that is already seriously old school and for an MMO to have such a WEAK draw limit (after all.. its a god darn MMO there will be LOTS OF PEOPLE PLAYING) Plus with the new DELTA RISING expansion ... its all going to be supposed story with cstore ships .... aka.. new stuff to buy....aka milking STAR TREK.... but the core of the game the ENGINE is still running on coal and not dilithium!! I aint paying 200+ dollars for pacman!
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    hojain2020 wrote: »

Isnt the current engine called Unreal? From what ive seen they use it in champions online. Going by what Frost said, all their games use it. If thats the case, it shouldnt be too hard to upgrade the engine to unreal 4
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Note to the OP, you misspelled invisible in the thread title.

He was probably writing it during CE.... damn graphics engine strikes again....:P
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    mcluvinmcluvin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have this problem as well
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Definitely a pronounced problem in the CE event.
  • Options
    darlexadarlexa Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've seen it occur on occasion before season9. I found I could minimize it though by going in and fiddling with some of the manual graphics settings. I had to roll that back a bit for undine battlespace though, that was bit much for my machine to take.

check some of those manual settings. if your computer is powerful enough to handle it, rolling a lot more of those manual settings to max will cut down on the number of beams not drawn.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why.. just .... why?

All this "stuff" going on and the game engine drops MY animations first, but I get all the visuals of that Rommie ship to the left of me just fine.... WHY?

No shield effects, no weapons, no gear visuals (borg defector, etc), no shield facets....

Screenshot: http://s21.postimg.org/8ovm0al5j/Why.jpg

Edit: Should post my, computer specs...
    GTX 660 2GB, Intel i5-3350p, 16GB DDR3, 120GB SSD

Not sure if these other links will work properly as they say thumbnail for forums.

[http://s21.postimg.org/8ovm0al5j/Why.jpgurl=http://postimg.org/image/mvbcviw0j/]Why.jpg[/url]

Why.jpg

Why.jpg
    free picture upload
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i too am getting sick of flying around shooting invisible weapons. highly anyoing and getting worse the more these massive battles are added none stop.

if the game cant handle so much spam why not have fewer bad guys but stronger bad guys that way thers less spamm and more functional game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hylarrhylarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes this problem is getting worse and worse since S9 came out - it even often occurs for me now in 5 person STFs and it ALWAYS happens now in bigger battles like CE. Either the old game engine can't handle rendering all the new different fancy weapon effects anymore or they broke something when they "updated" the graphics with S9 because this never used to happen even doing the OLD CE or any of the other group content no matter the size and I've been playing since launch.

It's getting to the point that I don't want to do group stuff anymore because of it, and I like doing group stuff.

Not happy at all.
    My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just to confirm I am seeing this effect in more that CCE now. Its regularly happening in STFs and some ground actions - including the Voth battlezone.

In CCE I can hear my weapons and see the weapons bar icons flash but nothing on screen, until I move the cam rear facing.

Both beams and Torps are invisible.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hey Cryptic, how about a response?

If it truly is to much for the engine to handle, how about an option to disable other players FX, or an option to combine beams / cannons into 1 fore and 1 aft visual FX. (during CSV or BFAT have it only shot enough visuals to each target, instead of each beam going to each target)

I ask because I know asking for a new engine would be reserved for STO2.

At the lest put the players FX above all others FX, maybe a separate layer from other FX.

There is no good reason why my experience is degraded by no FX visuals, but a toon next to me is getting full FX visuals on MY screen.
  • Options
    darkcs3darkcs3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Just to confirm I am seeing this effect in more that CCE now. Its regularly happening in STFs and some ground actions - including the Voth battlezone.

In CCE I can hear my weapons and see the weapons bar icons flash but nothing on screen, until I move the cam rear facing.

Both beams and Torps are invisible.

Yeah this is really gameplay effecting. Please fix...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just a bump and grind for some feedback from devs.
    Even putting settings to low does not fix this, and with the Crystal Event being a featured PvE, you know, I'd figure they would at least reply to us....
  • Options
    crypticcliffcrypticcliff Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fixed it. Should go out in a patch soon.
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited September 2014

By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth, that's the best news I've seen today! :D
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Woo! You rock!
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth, that's the best news I've seen today! :D

Hodor?

So the computer nerd in me wants to know what the fix was. Just rendering more weapons and effects? Adjusting the render priority of things such as 1. incoming fire, 2. outgoing fire, 3. other enemy fire, 4. ally fire, 5. everything else, orrrr a change to the camera angle algorithms that decide which effects to cull first? :D

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    btw, switching gfx to dx9 seems to help at least until the patch is released
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Assuming this goes in and works (which I understand sw dev enough to know isn't ALWAYS guaranteed) - thank you thank you thank you thank you!!

This bug has been killing me for months.

Did I say thank you?

Thank You. :)
  • Options
    heraldofmanweheraldofmanwe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Whoever fixed this, if the fix works when you deploy it, should be given Starfleet's highest honors. And a raise. And bought a beverage of his choice.

Seriously, thank you guys so much.
  • Options
    benoliverwillockbenoliverwillock Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    btw, switching gfx to dx9 seems to help at least until the patch is released

I don't know, I switched to DX9 and it still happens for me *shrug*

Awesome news to hear its fixed, shame it wasnt in time for the beginning of the CC event!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]