Install Arc
Options

Invisable weapons Season 9

Comments

• Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    Season 9.5 should be all about fixes, forget changing the crafting for now, do that at a later date. Fixing the bugs, specially those that are 4 yrs old, would make soooooo many people stoked. I would be one of them
    But im guessing its all up to D.Stahl and what he says.

Sorry but this should be happening since 2 years ago. Not now. STO is filled with old bugs since well, my memory serves. The problem is, 2 years ago we had 50 bugs. 1 year ago we had 100. Now we have 200. And i dont think cryptic will change its way of work just because the game is not playable anymore due to so many bugs. Not until people stop giving them money. Its a fact. If they have money, there is nothing they are going to do. So sit tight lol. This is hard, i know, but it is the reality.

Yup, i said it millions of times, they should focus just on fixing bugs, but this premise expired 1 year ago. Since i dont see cryptic focusing in anything except releasing new stuff.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yup, i said it millions of times, they should focus just on fixing bugs, but this premise expired 1 year ago. Since i dont see cryptic focusing in anything except releasing new stuff.

I wouldn't be so sure, D'Angelo seems to be trying to get rid of some bugs, I think S8.5 was the longest list of bug fixes since I started playing (around F2P), if they keep that up they might be able to at least keep up with the bugs they are producing, maybe even start to cut down on them.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure, D'Angelo seems to be trying to get rid of some bugs, I think S8.5 was the longest list of bug fixes since I started playing (around F2P), if they keep that up they might be able to at least keep up with the bugs they are producing, maybe even start to cut down on them.

Honestly, i dont have any hopes anymore :o, because i understood ages ago how cryptic wants to drive this game. But lets see in 2 weeks..

1 guy fixing bugs?? lol, you must be kidding. Then, we will have 2 bugs fixed by the end of the year.. a game like STO should have A BIG TEAM working on fixing bugs. It will make more sense, but then, this is the reason why this game is plagued by more bugs month after month.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have this problem only have this problem in CC so far its not happened any were else it does my head in cant tell if my beam boat is firing or not.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1 guy fixing bugs?

I never said it was one guy, the one guy I referred to is the EP so to a degree what he says goes and it seemed for season 8.5 he said "fix bugs" or words to that effect.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ya but you'll notice the bugs they concentrated on only seemed to be the most recent. Look at all of the lists, look at all of the commentary, the older stuff gets ignored and this convenient forum rule about not reviving old threads does a great job of helping to bury issues that still exist but people have just been forced to live with if they want to continue playing. After a while when you see bugs that never get fixed you give up commenting on them, but that doesn't mean the problems have gone away by any means.
    If the lack of developer feedback about these graphics issues is a deliberate tactic, by refusing to acknowledge any problems in the hope that people will just learn to cope with it, it's a tactic that could backfire on them, but then again this could be working as intended, it would be easier for them doing nothing letting the game itself cull out those who can't run it, it's no great loss to them if not everyone can run their software as long as the money keeps rolling in and there will always be new people who will see "Star Trek" and throw money at this without thinking.
    As the saying goes, "There's one born every minute".
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I never said it was one guy, the one guy I referred to is the EP so to a degree what he says goes and it seemed for season 8.5 he said "fix bugs" or words to that effect.

hes always taking things out of context and twisting words
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    hes always taking things out of context and twisting words

And you are always saying words against me, for some unknown reason, just waiting for someone to quote something from me, then there you are. You should just relax and forget i exist, seriously. Mostly because almost everything you say is non sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    And you are always saying words against me, for some unknown reason, just waiting for someone to quote something from me, then there you are. You should just relax and forget i exist, seriously. Mostly because almost everything you say is non sense.

stop harassing me, be civil, stop the name calling, stop making great debates out of everything i say and i wouldnt have a reason to say anything about u, now would i? NOOOOOO
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stop harassing me, be civil, stop the name calling, stop making great debates out of everything i say and i wouldnt have a reason to say anything about u, now would i? NOOOOOO
    From what I could see you were the one on the offensive here. Nobody else was trying to make this personal and none of that contributes anything of consequence to the issue at hand. This graphics problem is serious and it is affecting a lot of people, we need it to get noticed by somebody who can do something about it and frankly a great many of us need some sign that developers acknowledge that there is a problem here, not have the topic sidelined by petty squabbles while this problem like so many others continues unresolved.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    Adding my name to the list.
    Pre S9 I can't ever recall having my weapons fire be invisible. After S9 launch, this oddity started occuring.

I've even upgraded to a new graphics card since S9 launched, with max detail settings possible I still get this problem.

Might need to try low settings and work up, see if some setting in particular is causing it.

same here
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    From what I could see you were the one on the offensive here. Nobody else was trying to make this personal and none of that contributes anything of consequence to the issue at hand. This graphics problem is serious and it is affecting a lot of people, we need it to get noticed by somebody who can do something about it and frankly a great many of us need some sign that developers acknowledge that there is a problem here, not have the topic sidelined by petty squabbles while this problem like so many others continues unresolved.

You havent seen the other threads then :)

But anyway, its been dealt with and forgotten........

moving forward :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    We probably wont see a fix for this anytime soon as they will be working hard on getting S 9.5 ready. As we just saw from last night(my time), there were no patch notes. I think this can be expected for at least a couple of weeks or so. It seems to be the norm just before a new season or mid season release :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    astilliussastilliuss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it's worth mentioning that the PVP community has known about this issue since the introduction of the Yellowstone Runabout pet. which has always been the quickest way to produce the issue. get 3 carriers, load all 3 with double wings of yellowstones. tell them to attack something. the 'crop dusting' they do has previously caused the game to derender everything, including other players ships, making them untargetable. which i'm sure you can appreciate in a PVP situation is a very big problem. since the recent update, the game is far too eager to derender effects. the Yellowstones are often referred to as a game placate because of how the engine retardedly derenders TRIBBLE due to them. even on rigs running GTX Titan series cards.

note, it has taken as little as 2 wings of 2 yellowstones to cause the game to start derendering. i believe Warp Plasma will do the same as it also produces each 'cloud' as an individual effect, so each spraying is an additional 10-20 effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Most PVP'ers idea of winning: killing everyone.
    Tanks idea of winning: not getting killed.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well, the right thing to do will be to fix this before they launch the next expansion.. but cryptic doesnt care about this issue, so they are not worried about releasing an expansion and TRIBBLE up completely the game engine for good. And that is more or less what is going to happen in the next expansion. We had several months with "no patches" until now (fixing 2 things that are already broken again the next week is not fixing anything, btw) , so i will not be surprised if they just forget forever about fixing anything. I wish im wrong, but i dont have too much hopes at this point.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This problem was extremely evident to me last night.

I used one of my toons in his Galor for CSE/KASE and at first, during KASE, I thought my weapons had stopped firing while taking a transformer out.

Moving the cam angle bought the weapons effects back.

It showed its head again in CSE while attacking the carrier. I'm firing away when everything stops. Swing the cam angle left and right and all is well.

I haven't used this toon, or his Galor/Spiral wave disruptors for quite a while.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I want them to do a simple fix

either a: it only displays 2 beams per ship (fore/aft) unless you run multiple weapon/energy types (in which case its as normal) for everyone (cutting down on a lot of graphic spam)

or b: you can select to have full display for youself, but shows only minimal weapons for others

There is no need for millions of shots - we just need a graphic representation that the shots are fired
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    well, The Right Thing To Do Will Be To Fix This Before They Launch The Next Expansion.. But Cryptic Doesnt Care About This Issue, So They Are Not Worried About Releasing An Expansion And TRIBBLE Up Completely The Game Engine For Good. And That Is More Or Less What Is Going To Happen In The Next Expansion. We Had Several Months With "no Patches" Until Now (fixing 2 Things That Are Already Broken Again The Next Week Is Not Fixing Anything, Btw) , So I Will Not Be Surprised If They Just Forget Forever About Fixing Anything. I Wish Im Wrong, But I Dont Have Too Much Hopes At This Point.

Yaaawwwwnnnnn
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Moving the cam angle bought the weapons effects back.

I've tried the same thing with moving the camera around. It sometimes works, other times it doesnt do anything work at all for me.
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maybe Cryptic could just implement a bell or something that goes off when a target is destroyed? This way, I can just close my eyes until I need to pick a new target. As it is now, not much to see...I do remember what my weapons looked like pre S9, that should be sufficient to keep me happy right? I'm a dreamer after all. And if I get really good at closing my eyes while playing, I won't have to look at the terrible new UI changes coming.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    no patch again this week, and this vanishing act is already annoying :mad:
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I made a video showing the bug just in case the devs don't know what to look for, as you can see in the vid at 1:23 my weapons show they are firing but the visual are not there, and also my shield rings disappear, my tact team doesn't show , among other stuff

Star Trek Online Graphic Bug

[7/4 6:27] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,573,283.
    ogew7.jpg
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Also tractor beams, bloody annoying when you just stop & don't no if its a tractor beam or your engines have been disabled.
    Its also started to happen to me in the Borg missions as well.

I dont think it will be fix cause they dont no what they have done to cause it in the first place or to much work involved to put it right.
  • Options
    idkodeidkode Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I've had this show up since season 9. Never before. It even shows up in 5 person stuff. Bizarre as hell.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Also tractor beams, bloody annoying when you just stop & don't no if its a tractor beam or your engines have been disabled.
    Its also started to happen to me in the Borg missions as well.

I dont think it will be fix cause they dont no what they have done to cause it in the first place or to much work involved to put it right.

Oh, they know exactly what happened. Other thing is that they are willing to fix it, because that will imply to re-vamp the entire game engine. And of course, they cant do it, since they need to keep releasing new stuff that generates benefits at all costs. And a new game engine... its really "expensive" lol. They could just revert the changes prior to S9, but that will cause a lot of problems as well. Anyways, they are focused on the next 9.5 and expansion so, maybe the next year, if the game is still alive we will se a new game engine. Well, better said, if the next year the game is still alive, that is great news because it will indicate that the finally upgraded the game engine.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ive had/seen almost everything vanish for me at one point or another

weapons
    gravity wells
    tractor beams
    pets
    science heal bubble
    sensor scan ( I click it but sometimes it doesn't show it went off on the enemy area)
    anything the vesta can do (heal bubble, shield bubble, deflector beam, knockback bubble)
    Tovan Khev (ok this last one was just a really good dream I had the other night)
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm thinking this is DX11 related since Season 9 came about with the graphics overhaul we can't revert back to DX9 as it won't let us.

I too have noticed everything from Shield FX, to weapons FX and even Reverse Shield Polarity and Gravity Well FX disappearing which is highly annoying.

Hopefully when Microsoft brings out DX12 which will replace DX11's stupid longwinded way of doing things and save CPU/GPU load which in turn should increase performance server side as it should have less to do and will hopefully be able to show us our FX.

I live in hope anyways.:P
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My graphic card will only run driectx 9 so its not that,,,,,as for the game if it carries on like this and they dont put things right people will stop playing and that includes me,,,,,,,no fun no play no spend money.

ps have tried other newer cards but still the same,,,,,,,
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My graphic card will only run driectx 9 so its not that,,,,,as for the game if it carries on like this and they dont put things right people will stop playing and that includes me,,,,,,,no fun no play no spend money.

ps have tried other newer cards but still the same,,,,,,,

Yeah, it doesnt have nothing to do with anyones gpu's or graphics settings. It's a bug in the game causing the vanshing act, not just on weapons, but other things as well. Like i keep seeing the assimilated uni console effects vanshing, the assimilated engines vanish, as well as weapons fire when doing stf's or whatever. Seems to be fine sitting outside esd tho.

Surely they coulda fixed this in the last 2 weeks instead of giving us nothing at all. :mad:

Edit : Its not fine sitting outside esd anymore. The engines, console are vanishing there too
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    moody83moody83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is very annoying indeed, i hope they fix this soon
    i never bothered to check the forum about this issue because i thought it was my aging pc.

Now that i have a new one the problem was still there, very very annoying
    Perfectworld:
    My wallet has just put you on indefinite probation!!!!