test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invisable weapons Season 9

Comments

• miroexinmiroexin Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Has this been fixed since s9.5 came out? I'm not able to test myself as no net atm.

Unfortunately not... :(
    After 21 crafting assignments and burning 1575 dil to bypass 2h building time to build MK II dual cannon I got:
    0, yes zero very rare AP MK II dual canons
    p.s. I will execute my rare Jam’hadar who is serving under me for 1,5 years for incompetence it’s just a MK II dual canon, he is Energy Weapons Officer not a Doctor.
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bump bump bump

this needs attention devs
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In crowded STFs or large pop arenas cant see weapons fire or shileds..gets a bit annoying guys!! should get 50 ZEN refund every time it happens.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
    edited July 2014
    hojain2020 wrote: »
    In crowded STFs or large pop arenas cant see weapons fire or shileds..gets a bit annoying guys!! should get 50 ZEN refund every time it happens.

Whats more annoying, is it has been on going for about a month now, i can understand tho they were getting for release of s9.5. What i cant understand is, they were ultra quick to nerf the multiple runnings of the 20hr project in new crafting system, but are ultra slow in fixing some of the ongoing issues, like the disappearing act of visuals, or 4 year old bugs.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited July 2014
    I don't have permission to create a new thread for this issue sadly other wise i would be spamming this every where! i dont care if the darn grinding is being increased to be honest at this point but I DO CARE that when i get into large pop stfs i could see my god darned weapons and shields at least..tried a hundred different combinations of graphics scaling and adjusting while in crystal cat stf and the only one where i can actually see my weapons and shields is when everything is dumped down to minimum!! mind you im running a lenovo 510P with a single gt755m nvidia card. And im doing well ok in other intensive large pop games like Planetside etc on high to max settings!
    Are there any work arounds or mods or some graphic details suggestions out there to help me see weapons and shileds in large scale STFS?
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    edited July 2014
    OFCOURSE anything that doesn't require me to dump graphics down to super Mario level detail! Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Also where are the DEV threads in STO especially dealing with graphics? most other games have this.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    edited July 2014
    Are there any work arounds or mods or some graphic details suggestions out there to help me see weapons and shileds in large scale STFS?

Not that i know of. Its an issue with the game itself, nothing to do with settings or pc hardware or software. I have tried everything too, and i am not going to drop everything to bare minimum in settings.
    This should've been fixed before the so called fix on the crafting system. Not impressed. Their priorities are all wrong and backwards

You dont dry your dishes before washing them do you? Or dry your car before washing it? No, you wash, then dry.
    With this, it should be fix bugs, new content, then work on what they are going to nerf or so called " resolve issues " , but it seems to be nerf, new content, fix bugs
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm curious -- are they planning to launch X2 with this bug ?

" Come Play STO ... Enjoy The Epic Space Battles ... Without Being Able To See Your Own Weapons ... , Please Give Us Money ... ! "
    edited July 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    I'm curious -- are they planning to launch X2 with this bug ?

What is x2?
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • taiemetaieme Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sometimes even my ship disappears and I don't see which direction I'm headed at. Super fun in a cannon boat ;-)

Let alone that target selection in such a battle becomes a problem. "Tab" seems to focus on the farthest enemy somewhere behind me, not the nearest thing in front. And click an enemy with such dropping frame rates. Sometimes I even have to doubleclick my tray functions so they fire in such environments. He used to be where I click at.

I can cope with that... except when double clicking the "tac mode" button on the dyson destroyer sometimes makes it instant-return to sci mode and fire off the 60s cooldown again, and sometimes not, dependent on how the engine does currently feel.
    edited July 2014
    Again trying stuff but weapo a and shileds disappear in large stfs. Happening in crystal cat andfleetbase defence. Not happening in5 person arena but always there in 10 amd 20 submitted a ticket will let u know response
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    edited July 2014
    lucky you. everything disappears on me no matter how big or small.

good luck on the ticket, ive submitted 3 and not heard a thing back
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    lucky you. everything disappears on me no matter how big or small.

good luck on the ticket, ive submitted 3 and not heard a thing back

Bumping this up as i am still having this bug and i havent heard anything from cryptic on if they are fixing it or even looking into it

oh and here is the vid i did again that shows the bug we are talking about

Please cryptic FIX this for us, I love it when im in the CE and it fires off it Wave Burst and i dont see it at all because its invisable WAHOO

Star Trek Online Graphic Bug <<< VIDEO CLICK ME
    ogew7.jpg
    edited July 2014
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The VIDEO in the post above is EXACTLY the same issue i have been facing since i started playing this game. Have been trying to find various work arounds... the only one that works is to reduce graphics to absolute bare minimum!!!! which is :eek: since my laptop handles BF4 on high crysis 3 on near max.. Watchdogs on medium - max etc.... cant belive STO is THAT demanding. Well sent in a ticket lets see if i get a reply ... will post here when i get one for sure.
    PS-- just to add... i dont have problems in 5 person teams and most of the time in 10 person teams but in crystal cat and fleetbase when most everyone is within view range of me... my weapons and shiled gfx just disappear.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    edited July 2014
    Still no luck tried it with dx 9 settings as well. Large stfs ...yep u guessed it no weapons and shields effects when in crowded stfs.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    edited July 2014
    shailat wrote: »
    Bumping this up as i am still having this bug and i havent heard anything from cryptic on if they are fixing it or even looking into it

oh and here is the vid i did again that shows the bug we are talking about

Please cryptic FIX this for us, I love it when im in the CE and it fires off it Wave Burst and i dont see it at all because its invisable WAHOO

Star Trek Online Graphic Bug <<< VIDEO CLICK ME

I been meaning to do a video as well, looks like i wont have to now :)

I been doing the undine battlezone lately, hardly see my weapons and other effects work.
    In Infected :The Conduit and all them other stf's, same thing.

Personally, i think its to do with the rendering
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Still no luck tried it with dx 9 settings as well. Large stfs ...yep u guessed it no weapons and shields effects when in crowded stfs.

Like i said, its not your settings or hardware or software at fault, it is the game at fault.

I like to use the DX 11, but they wont fix the screenshots issue.
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • taiemetaieme Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, I can understand that you cannot bump your graphix to the absolute max.
    But when updates continuously make you have to reduce your fx settings (mine are on recommended defaults for the resolution to begin with), that's just wrong.

With reducing my settings I can only make it look worse as a whole. A game designer can take out complicated things that cut down render times with a ton more possibilities (things that are not too important for the gameplay, things that are further away from me, etc.) so it still looks good.

Stuff like crystalline entity are just too full and spammy. Also the amount of loot that drops lately is getting on my nerves. Yeah, its good for profit. But flying a destroyer popups are really annoying when you try to switch targets. And repositioning all windows to somewhere in a corner cannot be the solution.

I think what the game is lacking is not levels with even more ships and players, but getting smaller encounters to feel like quality interaction. I had a ton of fun with one other ship these days because it was just decent team work with a bit of communication. When I join Khitomer Vortex that's just speed run with beam boats for the grind, if you want it or not.

Even in the battle zones there hardly is any "interaction", but just mobs hunting from tower to tower. Where's the fun in the game when you're just plain outnumbering your enemies, press spacebar and wait ... The overall experience is spammy, and the framerates drop.
    edited July 2014
    taieme wrote: »
    The overall experience is spammy, and the framerates drop.

I was having an issue with my fps dropping in the undine battlezone. Someone in chat told me to try altering the hud. So, i did just that, i turned off all the damage and healing floaters, as they are turned on by default, and then with all the dropdown tabs below the floaters options, i set them to " Targeted", meaning everything is essentially turned off except what i have targeted.
    It seemed to have improved the fps for me. Dont know if you have tried it or not, if not, might be worth looking into :)

I just hope they have a fix for this vanishing act this week. Its gone on for long enough :(
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited July 2014
    So cryptic responded to the vanishing act of weapons and shields in large pop stfs like crstal cat. I have tried it thrice today and there has been NO result :eek:. Still the same issues ... no shields no weapons in crowded stfs.
    Here is what they asked me to do: Please post here in this forum if you have had any better results:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you are encountering some issues with the game graphics. First, please locate and delete the gameprefs.pref file on your game folder:
    <install_dir>\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata\gameprefs.pref

Kindly note that deleting this file will reset all your game preferences including keybinds, audio, and video settings to default. The game will then automatically select settings that is best suited for your device.

Afterwards, do a force verification of your game files. To do this, please follow this instructions:

1) First, shut down your PC and wait a few minutes. Then restart your PC.
    2) Start the game launcher, and click on "Options" that can be found on the upper right side of the launcher window.
    3) Under the "Patching" section, put a check mark on the "Force Verify" option on the game and select "Save". Let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also re-download any files that don't match.
    4) This will take some time. Please be patient.
    5) After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

If the issue persists after trying the above solution, kindly reply to this ticket and we will gladly assist you further.

Regards,
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    edited July 2014
    I have ofcourse kept the ticket open and sent a link to the support people of this particular thread. Hopefully will get some news soon and post here.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    edited July 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    I was having an issue with my fps dropping in the undine battlezone. Someone in chat told me to try altering the hud. So, i did just that, i turned off all the damage and healing floaters, as they are turned on by default, and then with all the dropdown tabs below the floaters options, i set them to " Targeted", meaning everything is essentially turned off except what i have targeted.
    It seemed to have improved the fps for me. Dont know if you have tried it or not, if not, might be worth looking into :)

I just hope they have a fix for this vanishing act this week. Its gone on for long enough :(

Ok tried this thanks! ... has worked to improve fps some what but as usual weapons and shields disappear :( Im getting the feeling the graphics may not be too well optimised yet. Was looking at a game called "star conflict" .... check it out wish the graphics of sto were something like that.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited July 2014
    Its kinda pointless to report this .Remember that EWP is invisible since the game was released and now not only theyve added more EWP like stuffs (tetryon ,theta ,etc) but they all made it that it gets invisible as soon as you release it .

Btw there is no way to limit or disable your team effects so the game engine will reach its limits fast.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So cryptic responded to the vanishing act of weapons and shields in large pop stfs like crstal cat. I have tried it thrice today and there has been NO result :eek:. Still the same issues ... no shields no weapons in crowded stfs.
    Here is what they asked me to do: Please post here in this forum if you have had any better results:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you are encountering some issues with the game graphics. First, please locate and delete the gameprefs.pref file on your game folder:
    <install_dir>\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata\gameprefs.pref

Kindly note that deleting this file will reset all your game preferences including keybinds, audio, and video settings to default. The game will then automatically select settings that is best suited for your device.

Afterwards, do a force verification of your game files. To do this, please follow this instructions:

1) First, shut down your PC and wait a few minutes. Then restart your PC.
    2) Start the game launcher, and click on "Options" that can be found on the upper right side of the launcher window.
    3) Under the "Patching" section, put a check mark on the "Force Verify" option on the game and select "Save". Let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also re-download any files that don't match.
    4) This will take some time. Please be patient.
    5) After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

If the issue persists after trying the above solution, kindly reply to this ticket and we will gladly assist you further.

Regards,

I am assuming you quoted this in a way to show some sarcasm?
    edited July 2014
    ;) ill keep posting the replies i get from the support bot/human... who knows.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    edited July 2014
    SO... here is what i got for keeping the ticket open with regards to my own ships weapons and shields missing in large scale stfs..... I cant help but wonder how i submit a bug report for this graphic issue? :rolleyes: since this thread even has links to youtube showing the exact nature of this problem....

Hello,

Based on the information you've provided your issue may be the result of a currently unknown game play bug. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control.

With that said, we would like to encourage you to submit a Bug Report, with your findings, directly to our QA team. This may be done by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not receive personalized responses.

Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Perfect World Support
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    edited July 2014
    Well, if they took the time to play the game for 5 mins in any stf, it wouldnt be "unknown", now would it?
    Also, if they look thru this thread, they would see a lot of people talking about it:rolleyes:
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited July 2014
    created a new thread with a link to this thread about the issue in game bug reports.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18292771#post18292771

hopefully they will take notice now. If everyone posts there, it may.....or may not help to get the devs to fix this issue
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • i10oxi10ox Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    :(:(:(: your forum protection is almost as annoying as this bug.
    edited August 2014
    Gosh ive got the distinct feeling STO is run by dumb of nine, sick of 5 , vomit of 9 and a whole bunch of other borg drones..... horrid customer service ..... the only reason im actually playing this totally un-optimized game is that i do like star trek. I feel really sad ....just got on to play firefall ...what a dumb a$$ game but darn the graphics are pretty good....cant imagine STO game to be so sucky with graphics... god darn it .... star trek is like the "god darn AMERICAN ICON" of history for my country..... (salute added ) ... perfect world live up to it ...
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->