Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising: Operations Pack

Comments

• Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten an answer to my question, can this be bought with Zen? Don't see it in the Zen store.

Probably won't be available for zen until after launch.
  • Options
    pweswordnhandpweswordnhand Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why do I feel like subscribers are being forgotten about? Could the devs throw just one T6 at the subscribers, or is that asking too much? I understand making FTP players pay for them but I think if you are a subscriber you should be able to enjoy at least one T6 without paying extra or using your Zen allotment.
    signature.png

• Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm spoiled now. I'm used to buy games for $2.99 or $4.99 at GOG.com. I'll even wait for a $5.99 game to go on sale so I'll save $3.00 or so.

Yeah I'm cheap, what can I say.

Then I get a PS4 and some titles with DLC included go for $110.00 and I think that's insane, but that was until I saw this. :D

Well either way I'm not buying so I don't care, but I think it's great for Cryptic, they should(hopefully) get some really good revenue off of this and hopefully we'll see bigger and better development in the future.

...or we'll just see more "DLCs" because they'll simply look what brings them money...
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,525 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am going to quote something from another forum that was mentioned by two players I know and see in STO regularly.
    JCSWW wrote:
    MGDawson wrote:
    I don't get why they didn't split it into faction packs - it'd split nicely, too: faction ships + IBOffs + DOffs + 1 ship upgrade token + 1 title (meaning you'd need to buy all 3 packs for all 3 titles)

Not everyone will want everything in the pack. :S

I agree! I actually don't mind hte KDF ships and would buy that if it was a separate pack. The Fed stuff is just awful and I only have one max level Rommie that I will coninue to keep in his two Fed ships.

I like the idea of having 3 smaller packs as options as well. The Fed ships don't appeal to me but the Klingon and Romulan definitely do.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That begs to question. How are they going to distribute the new Intel Boffs? Generically like they do regular boffs via 51 - 60 questing? Level up reward? Or Z-Store only and/or lockbox?
    i think the only way you can get intel boff is with t6 ships.
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm hoping we can get Intelligence boffs by leveling and Z-Store. I'm not sure I'll bother opening lockboxes for them, but perhaps some Exchange purchases down the road.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Having just been burned by the Dragonborn fiasco in Neverwinter...um, no thanks.
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    i think the only way you can get intel boff is with t6 ships.

thats fine since they can only really be used on intel ships anyhow.

But they better let you be able to reclaim them. I sure would be ticked if it got deleted and couldn't get it back. hnrrgghh.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am going to quote something from another forum that was mentioned by two players I know and see in STO regularly.

I like the idea of having 3 smaller packs as options as well. The Fed ships don't appeal to me but the Klingon and Romulan definitely do.

I doubt this is the only pack...just like when LOR dropped there was the big $125 pack and then a smaller $20 pack.
    I am sure we will see a KDF pack and a Fed pack and a Rom pack
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm only gonna buy it from Steam. No Steam release - no sale here.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    not "dink around hiding behind a cloak".

Next thing you know, the feds will think they can put stealth research stations on planets with low tech cultures. . . o wait they did that.

Or they might try to make phase shifting cruisers. . . o wait they did that too, sanctioned by the admirals.

Or violate treaties to steal cloaking devices, o wait they did that too, under orders.

Im sorry i seem to have lost where your argument was going.:rolleyes:
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And the answer is no, because players have been paying $25 bucks and more for ships with little or no complaint for years. The player base has spoken with their wallets.
    plus all you need to do is look at other games. a tauntaun in tor costs 30 bucks for a single character. 10 bucks more if you want to make it account wide. all a tauntaun does is act like a regular speeder. you don't even go faster then any other speeder. and i won't even go into wot and other ftp games like that.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    That's all very well and good, but as an old player still happily using Steam - and not the only one - I don't see why this has now turned into yet another attempt to get people to move over onto ARC.

It also says the exact same thing for the Legacy pack:
    "Requires the base game Star Trek Online on Arc in order to play. "
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/270-legacy-of-romulus-legacy-pack

And the Starter pack:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/275-legacy-of-romulus-starter-pack

It's just their wording. Calm down. Don't worry. Be happy.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lukethebutcherlukethebutcher Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    derekslide wrote: »
    God, those ships look mostly hideous...
    The Romulan ones look nice, (when do they not?) , I wouldn't be caught dead in any of those other ships..

I can only hope Cryptic decides to let us upgrade ships that are more aesthetically pleasing to Tier 6...

I can dream, right?

That and then some. By Zeus's Beard those Fed ships are ugly. For pity's sake, stop making them look fat and dumpy. There are people out here who like sleek Star-trek esq ships - Think about those fan's of the Sovereign & Vesta
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No Master keys this time? I suppose the ships might make up for this, but I think the Romulan pack was a better deal.

I'll consider getting this once I see more updates about how all this stuff works. I'll decide right before release.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A trait being worth $125??? It's your money to throw away I suppose... :rolleyes:

Not one trait, but 4 for the Feds, while the Rom/KDF get only 2, as usual screwed over here.

While I do play a Fed toon, I mostly play my Rom toons, and this doesn't sit well with me, so most likely will not purchase anytime soon!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Eight traits that can be used on all 5u and t6 ships. Plus the items themselves. One trait on each ship, exactly as you quoted, but not as you spoke.

Unless the Rom/KDF ships are getting 2 traits a piece, than they only get 4 traits between 2 factions, while the Feds get 4 all to themselves.

• Options
    mersemerse Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That "Guardian Cruiser" looks awfully similar.... Oh yeah, it's almost identical to the Dawnstar Class fan design. I love that ship!
    By the way, almost identical ships to all the other new ships are available for Star Trek games as fan designs for years. But that's OK, I always wanted to see those ships in STO anyway.
    I'm looking forward to see the Excalibur and the Diligent classes.

(Sometimes a completely new design would be interesting though...)
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    plus all you need to do is look at other games. a tauntaun in tor costs 30 bucks for a single character. 10 bucks more if you want to make it account wide. all a tauntaun does is act like a regular speeder. you don't even go faster then any other speeder. and i won't even go into wot and other ftp games like that.

Ahem. TOR Cstore items are re-sellable. So you can put them in the game's exchange.

Since TOR got a **** F2P Credit cap, you need to sub if you want to buy their cartal store items with in game currency.

However, the MOST EXPENSIVE items go for TEN million credits (Revan's items, super rare color crystals) .

Since the Credit Nerf in STO, getting credits in TOR is as fast as getting them in STO.

Imagine if you could buy a Scimitar pack on the exchange for 10 million EC.

Lockbox ships for 500 MILLION credits? LOL not in TOR.

Also, you get a tauntaun for free for your first raid on Oricon.

So TOR is basically still a pay to play game with a demo mode.

If you actually subscribe, you won't need to spend another dime on it, just grind a little credits.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Ahem. TOR Cstore items are re-sellable. So you can put them in the game's exchange.
    they're not resellable once you have used them, just like sto. once you use that 30 dollar tauntaun it's yours forever. once you put on that 20 dollar costume it's yours forver, and so on.
    However, the MOST EXPENSIVE items go for TEN million credits (Revan's items, super rare color crystals) .
    the fleet flagship costs 50 million credits. and how many 10 million credit items do you need to fill out your gear? each peice needs 3 itmes, and then you have head, chest, wrist, hands, belt, legs, and feet gear, and then weapons and shields pieces. you can be looking at 200 million ec to fill out all your gear. and that's assuming you're a subscriber as free players cant use purple items without paying for the right to use them.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So, i'm going to go install Arc.

I catch one whiff of malware, and we're done here.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014

you don't need to install arc. the lor pack said the same thing the dr pack said, and you didn't need arc for that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    you don't need to install arc. the lor pack said the same thing the dr pack said, and you didn't need arc for that.

Maybe, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the special offer price will end the day before they allow you to buy it on Steam/in the C-Store.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Maybe, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the special offer price will end the day before they allow you to buy it on Steam/in the C-Store.
    what does that have to do with my point? you don't need arc to buy and download the pack now. if you're getting arc so you can get the pack you're just wasting your time. it doesn't matter when the sale ends or when they put it on steam. you don't need arc to get it.
  • Options
    polaronbeam1polaronbeam1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Don't bother to install arc. Just like the previously released packs, you should be able to claim the purchased Delta pack upon the October 14 release:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=676571
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^I think the major issue is how unbalanced the factions are, it WOULD have made more sense to at least give the Romulans 3 and the Klingons 4, even if you wouldn't have them available at launch. It really puts to question on why we even have other factions if they are not going to get the same support.

Exactly, I could agree with this completely.

/10char

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Curious.... what exactly does malware smell like?

Smells like Victory.

Who's victory though, is open to debate.

For the record, I didn't get any malware issues as players did the first time Arc was released. What I did find is that it won't launch STO. At all.

A+ gents.