What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising: Operations Pack

Comments

• stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    So, i'm going to go install Arc.

I catch one whiff of malware, and we're done here.
    you don't need to install arc. the lor pack said the same thing the dr pack said, and you didn't need arc for that.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    you don't need to install arc. the lor pack said the same thing the dr pack said, and you didn't need arc for that.

Maybe, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the special offer price will end the day before they allow you to buy it on Steam/in the C-Store.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited September 2014
    Maybe, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the special offer price will end the day before they allow you to buy it on Steam/in the C-Store.
    what does that have to do with my point? you don't need arc to buy and download the pack now. if you're getting arc so you can get the pack you're just wasting your time. it doesn't matter when the sale ends or when they put it on steam. you don't need arc to get it.
  • polaronbeam1polaronbeam1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So, i'm going to go install Arc.

I catch one whiff of malware, and we're done here.

Don't bother to install arc. Just like the previously released packs, you should be able to claim the purchased Delta pack upon the October 14 release:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=676571
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^I think the major issue is how unbalanced the factions are, it WOULD have made more sense to at least give the Romulans 3 and the Klingons 4, even if you wouldn't have them available at launch. It really puts to question on why we even have other factions if they are not going to get the same support.

Exactly, I could agree with this completely.

/10char
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Curious.... what exactly does malware smell like?

Smells like Victory.

Who's victory though, is open to debate.

For the record, I didn't get any malware issues as players did the first time Arc was released. What I did find is that it won't launch STO. At all.

A+ gents.
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Honesty I'm surprised that they haven't also added 'starter pack' like packs that don't contain a single title, ship, boff, and doff. Like one for each fed ship, KDF ship, and Rom ship. Because honestly, I have no desire to own all these ships. In fact I only want two of them, and I doubt I'm the only person who's in a similar boat. There's a missed money making possibility there with 'base packages' that Cryptic/PWE are skipping over I think.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • ghobepongghobepong Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is an MMO? No ****?

I'll stick with my original comment of making everything one homogenous pile of TRIBBLE with the intended goal of "balance". Coming up with "stealth ships" because the Delta Quadrant is a scary place is just plain stupid.

Right, and I'll stick with the same argument as I said before. Yet with this added note.

Note: If you hate the game so much? And continue to bicker, fuss, whine, gripe, and just outright rage over the so called as you quoted.................."making everything one homogenous pile of TRIBBLE with the intended goal of "balance" "? This riddle me this and riddle me that? If you continue to play this TRIBBLE? As you quoted? And hate it? Then why are you still pumping cash into it, bickering your head off about it, and yet have yourself immersed into it? Hmmmmmm STO must be one hell of an MMO drug for you. Your name isn't Rick James is it by any chance?

Here's a dose of reality. If you don't like it? The door is that way
    >

By the way, what the five finger say to the cheek? SMACK! Have you had your V8?
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, this has been monetized VERY poorly hasn't it?

Faction specific smaller packs with exclusives would have gotten more sales.

As is? I will just be buying the ship i like, and that'l be that. Theres nothing exclusive in there that is worth having, a title is just words on the page and the duty officers are just duty officers :)

Sidenote: Am i the only one who feels like the federation science ship is UPSIDE DOWN !?
    edited September 2014
    foxwater wrote: »
    Well, this has been monetized VERY poorly hasn't it?

Faction specific smaller packs with exclusives would have gotten more sales.

As is? I will just be buying the ship i like, and that'l be that. Theres nothing exclusive in there that is worth having, a title is just words on the page and the duty officers are just duty officers :)

Sidenote: Am i the only one who feels like the federation science ship is UPSIDE DOWN !?
    cryptic wants you to just buy the ships you want individually. they make more money that way. as it is in the pack, you get 8 ships for 15 bucks each, plus a lot of other stuff. individually you'll probably pay 30-35 bucks for each ship.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    they're not resellable once you have used them, just like sto. once you use that 30 dollar tauntaun it's yours forever. once you put on that 20 dollar costume it's yours forver, and so on.

the fleet flagship costs 50 million credits. and how many 10 million credit items do you need to fill out your gear? each peice needs 3 itmes, and then you have head, chest, wrist, hands, belt, legs, and feet gear, and then weapons and shields pieces. you can be looking at 200 million ec to fill out all your gear. and that's assuming you're a subscriber as free players cant use purple items without paying for the right to use them.

The fleet Flagship is like the starbase. Where do you get a starbase here for 50 million EC (Still a tenth of Bugship mind).

Also, you don't need 10 million credit items to fill your gear. You just need to get commendations, silly.

Also, free to play players can buy unlocks for everything expect the bad credit limit.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cryptic wants you to just buy the ships you want individually. they make more money that way. as it is in the pack, you get 8 ships for 15 bucks each, plus a lot of other stuff. individually you'll probably pay 30-35 bucks for each ship.

The way people are turning away from buying the whole pack and swearing they are only going to buy the ships on a piece meal basis, Cryptic is going to clean up.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    edited September 2014
    cidjack wrote: »
    The way people are turning away from buying the whole pack and swearing they are only going to buy the ships on a piece meal basis, Cryptic is going to clean up.
    it was the same when the lor pack came out. it was even the same price. just like with lor, the people who want it will buy it.

and don't assume that just because 50 people complain about the price here that they haven't already sold hundreds or thousands of them. even here people often talk one way and do another.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Might want to watch those various episodes/films again to understand the context of each story. Each of those situations was unique to a given episode. The new "stealth ships" in DR sound like a fundamental shift in how Starfleet and the Federation operate.

As I said "boldly going where no one has gone before" doesn't scream "let's sneak around hiding behind a cloak" to me.
    In each case Starfleet threw the rules out, simple as that, each time, the current needs out weigh the rules. Add to that how many years, and you get cloaked ships. The borg are too deadly, the dominion is too tough, the undine are too powerful. and so on and so on.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Smells like Victory.

Who's victory though, is open to debate.

For the record, I didn't get any malware issues as players did the first time Arc was released. What I did find is that it won't launch STO. At all.

A+ gents.

I have Arc and it works fine. I had to install Arc then install the game from within Arc and then l was able to load the game and play.

If you have done all these steps, make sure your firewall is not blocking Arc. Those are the things that I had to do on different computers when playing STO through Arc.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First thing is thank you for opening up a Delta Quad!

BUT I'M EMBARRASSED FOR YOUR DESIGN TEAM THAT WORKED ON THE FED SHIPS! I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU WHY THE FED SHIPS LOOK LIKE TRIBBLE? THESE ARE THE WORST SHIPS EVER! THEY MIGHT HAVE NEW TOYS TO PLAY WITH BUT IF GENE R. WAS HERE HE WOULD WHACK YOU ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD AND ASK YOU WHAT YOU WERE THINKING? I'M SORRY BUT THIS JUST IS A WASTE OF MY TIME AND SO IT'S A WASTE OF YOURS TOO!:mad: CUZ I'M NOT BUY THAT TRIBBLE IT NOT EVEN CLOSE TO CANNON SHIPS!!!
    WHY NOT PUT OUT SOME REAL CANNON TIER 6 SHIP THEN MORE OF US WILL BE HAPPY, MAKE THAT 99% WILL BE!

UNTIL THEN IT'S BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!! YOU COULD HAVE ASKED US TO VOTE ON THESE SHIPS SINCE THEY MUST HAVE BEEN DRAWN THAT HAS NO CLUE!

SINCE WE PAY FOR IT AND YOU ARE HERE TO SERVE US!!! SO PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

IF THIS IS THE FED SHIPS FUTURE THEN I GUESS YOU LOST ME AS A PAYING CUSTOMER!:mad:

$124.99 FOR THIS TRIBBLE GOOD LUCK IS ALL I CAN SAY!!!!!
    edited September 2014
    Now to the folks talking about the price for the package? Yes I have to agree like even the Legacy of Romulus they do charge a bit in the price. But, if one is observant, and patient, hopefully this will be also sold individually in the C-Store as well. They did for the Romulan Ships in LoR, they did the same for Dysan, and I am sure at some point they will do the same after October 14, 2014. Well when the release date for DR approaches.
    edited September 2014
    sisteric wrote: »
    I have Arc and it works fine. I had to install Arc then install the game from within Arc and then l was able to load the game and play.

If you have done all these steps, make sure your firewall is not blocking Arc. Those are the things that I had to do on different computers when playing STO through Arc.

I actually discovered a much simpler method.

I added an existing game and used the Steam installed Launcher. Problem, solved. Even got my Khan items.
    edited September 2014

BUT I'M EMBARRASSED FOR YOUR DESIGN TEAM THAT WORKED ON THE FED SHIPS! I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU WHY THE FED SHIPS LOOK LIKE TRIBBLE? THESE ARE THE WORST SHIPS EVER! THEY MIGHT HAVE NEW TOYS TO PLAY WITH BUT IF GENE R. WAS HERE HE WOULD WHACK YOU ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD AND ASK YOU WHAT YOU WERE THINKING? I'M SORRY BUT THIS JUST IS A WASTE OF MY TIME AND SO IT'S A WASTE OF YOURS TOO!:mad: CUZ I'M NOT BUY THAT TRIBBLE IT NOT EVEN CLOSE TO CANNON SHIPS!!!
    WHY NOT PUT OUT SOME REAL CANNON TIER 6 SHIP THEN MORE OF US WILL BE HAPPY, MAKE THAT 99% WILL BE!

UNTIL THEN IT'S BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!! YOU COULD HAVE ASKED US TO VOTE ON THESE SHIPS SINCE THEY MUST HAVE BEEN DRAWN THAT HAS NO CLUE!

IF THIS IS THE FED SHIPS FUTURE THEN I GUESS YOU LOST ME AS A PAYING CUSTOMER!:mad:

What makes you the expert on what Gene Roddenberry thoughts are on a Star Trek Ship?
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What makes you the expert on what Gene Roddenberry thoughts are on a Star Trek Ship?

Caps lock, obviously ! :D
  • silence1311silence1311 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Compare a Galaxy Class and compare one of those T6 ships apart from the Guardian Cruiser.

My work here is done.
  • tlaloconeinfptlaloconeinfp Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh Lookie! Lookie!:eek:;) Dr.:Rising Pack is almost for free! SOOO Cheap it is!XDĐ Even citizens in poor African countries can buy it with ease! I mean those at least who aren' taken by ebola disease!

So cheap this is! I will definitl buy 1200 pieces of packs of it! SOOOO cheap! XDD

(Alert! This whole answer of mine was inteded cynism, pls do NOT be bother by my bad taste of cynical&self-cynical humour!:P)

SOOO cheap this pack is! oh come on!:D:
  • starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    if the Guardian Cruiser dosent look good and work well then its a total waste other then new space....
    edited September 2014
    Might want to watch those various episodes/films again to understand the context of each story. Each of those situations was unique to a given episode. The new "stealth ships" in DR sound like a fundamental shift in how Starfleet and the Federation operate.

As I said "boldly going where no one has gone before" doesn't scream "let's sneak around hiding behind a cloak" to me.

Funny you should mention that because, I could "also" remember an argument regarding "canon". So, Federation doesn't use cloak because it isn't "Canon Enough"? Let's find out,

1: "The Pegasus" An Admiral orders Picard to make for a salvage mission to covertly salvage the USS Pegasus. This ship was also the same ship Riker served on in his "Ensign" days and of course has to keep from the crew of Enterprise that the ship had a "Phased Cloaking Device". Course after going on the Pegasus Riker relieses his regret about what happened then, then when getting back to the Enterprise told Picard about it and of course the Enterprise used the Phased Cloaking Device to get out the asteroid. Now yes at the same time too the "Treaty of Algernon" specified that the Federation "could" never develop a cloaking device. Course that treaty was one signed by both the Federation and the Romulans.

2: The Dominion War, after the Federation made talks with the Klingons and the Romulans as an alliance of the Alpha Quadrant Powers, which ironically I might note is the same thing we have here dealing with the Delta Quadrant as well. The Federation was looking at strategic means in confronting the Dominion. Because of this issue, the Romulans "loaned" a cloaking device that could be installed on the USS Defiant to help in defending the Gamma Quadrant. Because of this well, it gave the Defiant an added tactic in it's arsenal. So did they ever use, "Lets sneak up behind and attack?" Yes they did in DS9.

So there you have it. Federation "DID" develop a cloak even though they were forbiddened to, and also in DS9 during the Dominion War used it when it was loaned to them when it was installed on the Defiant.

Course again.....................this is a game.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014

$124.99 FOR THIS TRIBBLE GOOD LUCK IS ALL I CAN SAY!!!!!
    First off, don't use caps lock in your posts... the caps lock makes it look like you're screaming...

Second off, the looks of the Federation ships being bad is only an opinion so you can take it as it is. I, for one, don't mind the designs of the tier 6 Federation ships.
    Compare a Galaxy Class and compare one of those T6 ships apart from the Guardian Cruiser.

My work here is done.
    In my opinion, the Galaxy-class starship is not that great of a ship in terms of looks. Frankly, the Sovereign-class ship was much better looking than the Galaxy.

That doesn't mean i don't like the designs of the ships coming in Delta Rising...
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited September 2014
    Lets not forget this fine almost cannon ship:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Phase_II_Enterprise.jpg
  • dropskillerdropskiller Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Will we at least get a in theme bridge to these new fed ships????
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Not a fan of the Fed ships. I can handle the differences in shape and what not but that hull material looks awful. They just don't look Federation at all.

Out of curiosity, can you still buy this pack and use Steam? Because it says it requires STO on arc (which I do technically have) but I only ever play through Steam because I prefer using the one platform.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • plasmascreenplasmascreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rather underwhelmed... 3/1/1? I expected a bit more for the feds than romulans or klingons, but that's a bit heavy even here.

I do like the first two fed ships looks though (less so the "ball in a saucer" one), and very much like what I'm seeing on the romulan intel side. However, the klingon ship looks uninspired... In fact it looks exactly like two or three OTHER klingon ship models we already have, so what the hell, there?

What are the other three ships even worth, if they're not even tier 6?

Now here's a HUGE question:
    Is that romulan plasma lance going to be worth it, or will it be yet another ar'kif beam (aka it doesn't work half the time and is pretty piddling when it does), or Shrapnel Torpedo (aka "it would be low if it were single target and untargetable, but its neither and splits its damage to do it) or any other number of really really CRAPPY weapon consoles?

I mean, couldn't we see some of these things redone as actual weapons once in a while, so we're not all forced to just dump it back in the bank because of how useless it is?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Rather underwhelmed... 3/1/1? I expected a bit more for the feds than romulans or klingons, but that's a bit heavy even here.

I do like the first two fed ships looks though (less so the "ball in a saucer" one), and very much like what I'm seeing on the romulan intel side. However, the klingon ship looks uninspired... In fact it looks exactly like two or three OTHER klingon ship models we already have, so what the hell, there?

What are the other three ships even worth, if they're not even tier 6?

Where are you getting that they're not tier 6? It says 8 tier 6 ships, 4/2/2.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!