What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising: Operations Pack

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let the fools part with their cash.... Keeps the game running and if they want to delude them selves in to believing it's a good deal then so be it.

Amen brother (or sister... whatever is correct).
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Any chance on some costumes which aren't Talaxian making an appearance? I think they're actually putting me off the pack atm. :P
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ah the dreaded VAT, that could be the reason then. I wonder if it's possible for UK residents to buy from the US website or would that be illegal because we would be guilty of tax avoidance?

Well I thnk there would be laws about that, but they would have to prove it. Also is it worth the time and a sound choice of revenue to procecute you. I would follow the law.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wait. It HAS to be through Arc!? Ermmm...no pack for me then.
  • Options
    helgmornhelgmorn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    120 Euro

BWAHAHAHA what a laugh, there is not a chance - EVER that I would spend over a Ton on some digital freaking pixels.

The cost of STO DLC is simply put, REDONCULOUS!!!

Nevermind though, I still get to PEW PEW in the ships I do have, and am happy enough to use my Dilithium that comes from play to buy Zen to upgrade the Few Store ships I have to T5-U.

With the amount of ships avaliable, the mix between special abilities and consoles, Boff layouts, Rep Rewards and New Crafting, the New ship "Abilities" sound like just another option among the massive choices we have already. I do not see me rushing for any one of the t6 ships, kind of MEH for me like Lockbox ships.

I like my specific ships for my toons, and am happy with them!

Tact Fed - MVaE
    Eng Fed - Oddey Tact
    Sci Fed - Atrox

Tact Kling - Karfi - Varanus
    Eng Kling - Vo'Quv Mirror - -Varanus

Rommie - don't know cause cant really be bothered levelling him up, Rommie story has not interested me as its so far misplaced its unreal! Siding with KDF or FED, like I mean what's that about!

I care not for the styling of the FED ships, the only one I see being the Galaxy class possibly.

Rommie and KDF get the better looking ships, but Rommie win on this for sure!

Once again, I think the most fun to be had in STO is flying crazy builds in underpowered ships in the hardest runs.

Bring on my Rainbow NC-1701 PEW PEW in STF's
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/718-delta-rising-operations-pack

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising - Operations Pack
    Downloadable Content: Requires the base game Star Trek Online on Arc in order to play.

Can we get more info about this ??
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    eurialo wrote: »
    I am very disappointed...

1) I have my zen and I'd like to buy using my zen, not paying again after buying/earning zen

2) I have several toons, feds, klingons and romulans... I'd like to have the same options for all of them. Again we had 4 ships for the usual faction (at least one for each career), only 2 ships for klingon and romulans, none of them is a science vessel.

3) definitelly feds get a cloacking device... so kdf and roms have no specific features

So ... after the aceton assimilator, battle cloak for everyone.
    If you want to go this route, fine ... but then let us at least team together, feds, klinks and rommies.
    I don't see the point of factions anymore and, moreover, the war is over, right?
    And i keep reading of this holy Alliance...
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wish the pack came in different flavors like Fed only pack, KDF only pack, and Rom only pack as I honestly only play Fed I have no real interests in those other ships :/

Unless I can find out more about their console stats and cool downs and such and if they are universals or exclusive I those ships.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We have our new ships and we now have an actual date for DR Launch: Oct. 14th! FINALLY!!

Been grinding the Hell out of the Quadrant for to to convert over to Z. Got a little over 11K Zen so far (sorry if that sounds like a brag. Took a lot of work to get) and maybe reach 14K after I've converted over all of my CE Dil as well. But I'm not sure if I may splurge 120K Zen into this.
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    By "fleecing," do you mean "profit"?

Because it sounds like you mean profit. Which the game needs to generate to remain viable.

I'm not one to defend greed, but I know that hiring Jeri Ryan or Robert Picardo is NOT cheap, so I don't blame them in trying to recoup their investment a little here and there.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lol Cryptic...

First off - 120 Euros? God, I can't stop laughing. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. I might pick this up if it ends up in the C-Store, like the Legacy Pack, but otherwise nope.

Second, these FED ships look ugly as hell. Only the Guardian may end up looking decent. Yet aside from the Romulan ships nothing in this offer looks tempting enough. Not even the KDF ships.

Third, lol power creep. Active Sensor Array, Fed cloak and Intelligence boffs? Please remind us, how are these balanced when compared to T5U again?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Converted to zen, that is 12500 zen. Minus the 550 zen for the costume pck, leaves 11950 zen. So each ship is just under 1500 zen.

Sounds like a good deal. By my math.

And i'm not even including the other stuff you get, so the ship price drops even more.

what I hate is: I have zen in my account, enough zen for my toons... why I can't use zen to buy it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    *golf clap* :rolleyes:

Is this really what the Star Trek "fans" at Cryptic studios have come up with? Have you no respect for the franchise? Do you at least take pride in your work? Sorry, I might be harsh here, but I'm just at a loss for words of the dissapointment I'm feeling about this. :(
    Please tell me how in the world are those Federation ships? Since when did TRON and Mass Effect become a part of the Star Trek franchise? Those ships don't even have windows for heaven sakes. And cloaks.....ofcourse. Just the Starfleet thing to do. :rolleyes: Can't have all the whiners man up, we better give out pacifiers!

I'm just.....don't know how to express it. Flabbergasted? Yeah, that's it, when looking at the Federation ships and then at the KDF ones, I'm flabbergasted. It's like completely different game studios created each respectively - one that employs hardcore Star Trek fans and another where no employee has ever watched even a commercial with Star Trek in it.
    The KDF raptor looks great and very Klingon, plus it has a big nose cannon. The KDF battlecruiser is an obvious inspiration from old-scool design and seems to bring back the glorious grey hulls from TOS. You guys always do amazing KDF work......WTH is wrong with your Fed department?
    I'm almost certain that if you made a game called "Eternal glory of the Klingon Empire Online" it would be a 1000 times better game than STO. I'm sorry to be blunt like this, but as much as you suck in creating Starfleet material you shine at making Klingon. Weird.

Neeles to say, I'm gonna repeat the demand for making faction-specific packs.
    You just made me withdraw to KDF completely. After what I just saw and read I no longer have even ounce of will to play the abomination you refer to as "Federation" around here.

EDIT: Also very nice to see you caring about faction parity once again! :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Saying the ships look ugly is never going to help change things. Need constructive opinions. I think if they allow other skins everything will be fine.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    eurialo wrote: »
    what I hate is: I have zen in my account, enough zen for my toons... why I can't use zen to buy it?

Think of it this way:

They already have your money from the Zen purchases... now they want the rest.

I am dead serious btw... If they can, they want you to put every free coin you have on their table.

Thats how greedy business work... Alternatively, if you are willing to wait, it will likely become accessible in the C-Store eventually, like the LoR pack, but if they did that, LTS and other golds like me who have gotten Zen for free, and havn't used it, would not have to invest real money.

Basically: It's cryptics greed, and my fault.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    l3ct3rl3ct3r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To be fair its not easy to design fed ships.
    It's far easier to design Klingon ships.
  • Options
    rearllrearll Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Haters gonna hate.

Looks are subjective, and everyone has an opinion.

I like the Fed ships, they look sleek and modern, yes they do not follow the 'classic' look of ships prior, that's not a bad thing in my eyes.

Guess the saying is true, people don't like change.
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe if the pack is added to the cstore... but even then the fed ships are still ugly, talaxian?! uniform... nah, if instead of three upgrade tokens it would include an upgrade flatrate, I'd buy it, otherwise no chance.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If they do it the same as they did with LoR, it'll be added to the CStore after the new wears off. Then you'll be able to buy it with zen.

The company probably wants to get as much real money out of us as possible before giving the stipend hoarders a chance to buy it with zen.

Yup, though just like with LOR, I'll already have all the ships I want for free by the time they get around to that. lol

Was also glad I held off because they released the scimitar which rendered most of the LOR ships obsolete.

I expect the same to happen again. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Saying the ships look ugly is never going to help change things. Need constructive opinions. I thibiotech.nk if they allow other skins everything will be fine.

Constrictive criticism
    1. Remove the Tron and Mass Effect look of the Federation ship other then the Guardian
    2. Put some windows on the Federation ships.
    3. Make faction specific skin.
    4. Take out the cloak other then Defiant inspired ship.
    5. Keep the Guardain and fix the other.

That's constrictive criticism. Which should be obvious? Like super freaken OBVIOUS Cryptic.
  • Options
    l2cl2c Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So these ships, they aren't exclusive to this pack, right? I can't see myself needing 8 + 3 ships, but that intel science vessel is hot :o And maybe that romulan ship.
    Interesting ploy this upgrading business tho. It's basically double-dipping, charging to upgrade. Should've just been a mission or something :< It's not like T6 ships won't be better than T5u ships anyways.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Yup, though just like with LOR, I'll already have all the ships I want for free by the time they get around to that. lol

Was also glad I held off because they released the scimitar which rendered most of the LOR ships obsolete.

I expect the same to happen again. ;)

Exactly the same here.

I had hoarded zen and was upset when lor pack launched as RL $$$ only (would have bought with Zen if I could at that time). I thought I would wait and that eventually it would go in the store. By the time it did all the ships were outdated so I ended up not bothering and just purchasing a couple of refits. Saved myself a good 10,000 zen or so.

Cryptic would make more $$$ if it was available as a Zen purchase from the start...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    l2c wrote: »
    So these ships, they aren't exclusive to this pack, right? I can't see myself needing 8 + 3 ships, but that intel science vessel is hot :o And maybe that romulan ship.
    Interesting ploy this upgrading business tho. It's basically double-dipping, charging to upgrade. Should've just been a mission or something :< It's not like T6 ships won't be better than T5u ships anyways.

If you really believe that last part, you must have missed the description of the ships/the dev-blog.

Anyways, I hope they are only in this pack... Cryptic needs to make as much money as possible, and making pack like these will make massive money boosts.

They should probably make a pack every 2-3 months, so that they get massive amounts at pre-determined times so that they can plan based on sale estimations.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    l2c wrote: »

Not exclusive, no. You'll be able to buy them individually come Oct 14th.

This gives a nice bonus little to the impatient players. Personally, i've known cryptic long enough to not give them money based on a promise.
    Hell, when you buy something with stats these days, they nerf them a week later with no come back.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You people are all deeply deeply weird.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Not exclusive, no. You'll be able to buy them individually come Oct 14th.

I am also afraid this is the truth... They should stick with the packs.
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Got to agree here, these ships are fugly.
    Only one i may be interested in the Guardian, the other Fed ones are just no 100%.

I thought we were gonna get a T6 Typhoon :(
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not really surprising since the main focus of the IP has always been the Federation and Starfleet.

Don't kid yourself. That 18% is mostly made up of Fed players that dabble with the KDF and Rom factions. The overwhelming majority of Trek fans play this game because Starfleet captured their imaginations.

Put it this way, if the KDF/Roms/etc were so popular why have we never seen a trek spinoff show that focused on the voyages of a Klingon (or Rom) ship and it's crew.

Cryptic knows which faction pays the bills, and who to cater to in order to make the most money. They, not us, have access to numbers that show what makes them where the profit lies.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see the other factions get the attention I think they deserve.
    im not so sure about that. it seems to me you simply want to argue.
    im not really looking to argue about factions and why we are as lopsided as we are today. i am simply offering my opinion as to why $125 isnt a great value to me, why i wont be sending that money on to cryptic, and what they could do to get that $ out of me.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    I am also afraid this is the truth... They should stick with the packs.

You think the ships should be a pack exclusive? :eek:
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nice they deleted my post :D

Then i will have to say once more, 120$ is too much. I would pay 2k zen to get that 3 ship fed pack because it is ugly pack.
  • Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bones1970 wrote: »
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/718-delta-rising-operations-pack

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising - Operations Pack
    Downloadable Content: Requires the base game Star Trek Online on Arc in order to play.

Can we get more info about this ??

From FAQ: "When you purchase an Operations Pack, your account is flagged as having purchased it."

They probably flag your account through ARC so you can claim it when Delta Rising goes live.