What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Constellation Class!

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I might get it for the console, but id have to see it in action first.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for adding this one! I've got a character with the higher level variant that will be happy to have the skin.

And the console looks good, as long as the jump isn't too far forward. Then again, I use beams so jumping past the enemy and getting out of a front 45 arc could be handy.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Even though it doesn't suit my personal tastes, it's always nice to see another canon ship put into the game. It does look fantastic though, artists did a great job on it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And the KDF gets...?

Oh, right, nothing... as always...

I mean, thanks for the iconic ship, much appreciated, but seriously, when was the last time you've released an actual new ship for the KDF that wasn't a FED copypaste? Since Mogh, Bortasqu and the Dyson ships were such copypastes, it would seem the last new KDF C-Store ships were released before the game went F2P... That's over two years without a new ship, while the FEDs keep getting new ships every few months.

As for the Constellation, pitty the Fleet version stats weren't changed a bit more. Ensign Universal is nice, but Lt. or Lt.Cmdr. Uni would make the ship more desirable. As it is it's still mediocre.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    And the KDF gets...?

Oh, right, nothing... as always...

I mean, thanks for the iconic ship, much appreciated, but seriously, when was the last time you've released an actual new ship for the KDF that wasn't a FED copypaste? Since Mogh, Bortasqu and the Dyson ships were such copypastes, it would seem the last new KDF C-Store ships were released before the game went F2P... That's over two years without a new ship, while the FEDs keep getting new ships every few months.

As for the Constellation, pitty the Fleet version stats weren't changed a bit more. Ensign Universal is nice, but Lt. or Lt.Cmdr. Uni would make the ship more desirable. As it is it's still mediocre.

Well, you now at least know what Fed console will be in the next scam box.. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So now a kitbash of the refit connie is at tier 5. Is this why you guys put a stop to tier 5 connie threads? Oh well, my signature just keeps getting better and better.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Those nacelles look sexy on my Heavy Cruiser.
    Constellation Pylons have potential too, i might consider buying it just for the ship parts.

MAAAAYBE
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How exactly is a 120 year old ship a "refit"? Cryptic, the designations you use in this game make absolutely no sense ;)

Other than that, I like how the model looks. I might get that ship when the exchange cools down a bit, would love to put the console on my Galaxy (yes, I still have a Galaxy and I still wait for an upgrade ;) ).
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »
    So now a kitbash of the refit connie is at tier 5. Is this why you guys put a stop to tier 5 connie threads? Oh well, my signature just keeps getting better and better.
    Why are you ignoring CBS's ruling on it?
  • Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I need the placate maneuver console! That's going to be a PvP must have!
  • Options
    asovanraasovanra Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The funniest part about this is the mirror universie refit they launched just a few months ago. It 'accidently' had the constellation class looks so cryptic removed it. But I was smart enough to keep that appearance on my mirror universe ship so I get 9 consoles, the proper hull, and the appearnce for NOTHING!! Yep I have to PAY NOTHING, YOU GET NOTHING!!!! :P
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Why are you ignoring CBS's ruling on it?

Making things against the rules doesn't censor the issue in the real world.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    asovanra wrote: »
    The funniest part about this is the mirror universie refit they launched just a few months ago. It 'accidently' had the constellation class looks so cryptic removed it. But I was smart enough to keep that appearance on my mirror universe ship so I get 9 consoles, the proper hull, and the appearnce for NOTHING!! Yep I have to PAY NOTHING, YOU GET NOTHING!!!! :P

Much like my alien girl with reman ears. The reman ears got removed as an option for aliens after the release of LOR but I still have two costumes saved with them. MUHAHAHAH! Asovanra, we will rule the universe together in our Stargazer mirror ship and with our reman ears!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And here I was hoping this was a surprise FREE prelude to the End-of-Summer Celebration.

I am disappoint.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Making things against the rules doesn't censor the issue in the real world.
    Of course not. But the ruling is the reason why the Connie isn't T5, not that the Connie is an old ship.
  • Options
    nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When I have the Zen for it, I will buy this one. I love the ship, always has been one of my faves. Cryptic did beautiful work on her. I honestly hope we get a retrofit down the line, or at least a good 2410 variant of her. I had one question though, well maybe more than one.

1) Why not have her as a stand alone ship like the nebula? (it would have been more practical and given you some extra room to play around with her. Like just updated engines and hull as a separate look.

2) With all those hangers and cargo bays on her why not make the old girl a support carrier? With just giving her access to support craft only to help keep her afloat in a fight or least some shuttles to lend an extra phaser or two. Would have been cool to see a wave of shuttles or fighters hit that warp jump with her in a combined attack pattern. (playful dreaming)

Still wonderful work.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So they are releasing a skin (because you aren't long enough in T3 for it to be more) for a ship that already was useless when it was released (it came after the Excelsior and had the same boff layout as the Sovereign) and will soon be even more useless? A real shame, I like the look and I even have the necessary shipyard but it would be a waste. And if the console is any good it's going to be nerfed into oblivion.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Give then a break on this its a T-3 ship, no higher tier variant, Its nothing but a complete irrelevant ship on the greater scheme of end game things.

It's... a costume... for the Heavy Cruiser. You would have known that if you had read the blog post entirely. You buy the Constellation, claim it, grab the console, dismiss the Constellation, purchase the Fleet Heavy Cruiser Retrofit, use the Constellation skin and console on the FHCR and there you go - T5 Constellation.

Failing that and/if you're cheap, I'm pretty sure the Mirror HCR can use the Constellation skin aswell.
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Constellation - 125 Years Old - T5-U
    Excelsior - 125ish Years Old - T5-U
    Exeter/Excalibur/Vesper - Less than 25 Years Old - T2

Logic! :rolleyes:

Before anyone says it, I don't care what CBS said! :mad:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Of course not. But the ruling is the reason why the Connie isn't T5, not that the Connie is an old ship.

There used to be a few people on here who would try to parade the rule as reasonable in-universe.
  • Options
    hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To JamJamz & crew, the ship looks great. As a huge TNG fan I love seeing this beauty in game and having access to the "Picard Maneuver". Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Before anyone says it, I don't care what CBS said! :mad:
    It doesn't matter what we care about. CBS could sue Cryptic if Cryptic doesn't follow the rules. If that happened, we wouldn't have the rest of STO, let alone a T5 Connie.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There used to be a few people on here who would try to parade the rule as reasonable in-universe.

I still run into them from time-to-time. It makes me sad that some people can't see why someone would want to use an iconic ship at endgame rather than one of the (frankly, mostly awful) 25th century designs. The storyline in this game is already pretty absurd, having a retrofitted Constitution class flying around would be the least of this game's problems from a canon standpoint...

That said, flying the t2 Connie/Exeter is viable at endgame. Just don't queue with randoms -- you can't do it all yourself.

As for the Constellation, it's...not my ship. But more canon designs are always nice, so thanks!
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's nice that the Constellation and the Picard Maneuver finally show up in STO. That said, I won't buy anything until I have something to do in the game besides running ISE for the gazillionst time. :)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yay! It's finally here!

Though I find it funny it's the Heavy Cruiser "Refit" when the Cheyenne is newer than the Constellation. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Who keeps having the 'bright' idea of turning tactical ensigns into universal ensigns!? Practically every one hated that on the faildred. I have to hand it to them, they sure do know how to ignore overwhelming feedback from the players.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ok anyone not notice this was almost precluded to when there was a bug that caused the saucer section of the constellation in game months back?
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It doesn't matter what we care about. CBS could sue Cryptic if Cryptic doesn't follow the rules. If that happened, we wouldn't have the rest of STO, let alone a T5 Connie.
    Hmmm.... Where in my post did I say anything about T5 Connie?:confused: I Don't want a T5 Connie or T5 Connie Refit for that matter.
  • Options
    dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    ok anyone not notice this was almost precluded to when there was a bug that caused the saucer section of the constellation in game months back?

The WHOLE Constellation skin was available for a short time on the Mirror Universe Cruiser.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yay! It's finally here!

Though I find it funny it's the Heavy Cruiser "Refit" when the Cheyenne is newer than the Constellation. :rolleyes:
    The Cheyenne's nacelles are also markers. =p