test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End Of Summer Giveaway

Comments

• sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think with all the hype about the upgrade process, we won't get information about the new ship until tomorrow.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sohtoh wrote: »
    Not cherry picking anything. I did mention that the Tier 5 ships will be upgradeable, just not to full Tier 6 capabilities. And no I haven't found the post that states that yet either. It will probably be in the same thread that you will inevitably link to stating that the Tier 5 ships will upgradeable.
    And you aren't justified in making that claim. Not even before today's announcement.
    rinkster wrote: »
    So, he straight out says that the new content will be balanced for Tier 6 ships and MK XIV gear, but you don't think that means a major diminuation of the efficacy of tier 5 ships with MK XII gear?
    Not when those tier 5 ships and MkXII gear can be upgraded to match the tier 6 ships and MkXIV gear, which is what the arguments ITT were continuously ignoring.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Whatever the new ship additions are, I hope Cryptic is planning to update their latest T5-U / T6 ship blog as soon as they're released.

And that's assuming the freebie ships (if that's what we're getting) are upgradeable. (Example: if there was a T4 Constellation, there's no upgrade from T5 to T5-U.)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »

And that's assuming the freebie ships (if that's what we're getting) are upgradeable. (Example: if there was a T4 Constellation, there's no upgrade from T5 to T5-U.)

Well consider the timing for the various weekend swag. Thursday: new ship. Friday: Giveaway. What's going on tomorrow is not (in all likelihood) going to be free. We may still get some freebie T5 ships (Suggestion: HEC? It's something that I've personally always wanted but could never justify spending the Zen on) but the Constellation/Deadelus/Voyager/New Orleans/Tranya Guy's Ship you shouldn't count on.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited August 2014
    sohtoh wrote: »
    Source is actually Al Rivera himself. He made the statement at the STLV Q&A. I am on my phone so I can't provide the link to the video or the time index right now, but it is there.
    orangeitis wrote: »
    And you aren't justified in making that claim. Not even before today's announcement.

Not when those tier 5 ships and MkXII gear can be upgraded to match the tier 6 ships and MkXIV gear, which is what the arguments ITT were continuously ignoring.

I posted the source in post #86.

We were not ignoring the upgrades for the T5 ships and the MK XII gear. We did mention them, we had a difference of opinion on how those could of possibly be implemented. You refused evidence that was shown to you by multiple people. Did you take debate lessons from Ken Ham? Seriously, just let it go.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It won't happen but I've actually wanted to see some unaffiliated ships show up in the game. I can't remember the episode name, but they had this one cool ship used by a crew of mercenaries Picard went undercover to infiltrate.

I'm kind of hoping this cool new ship is something a bit more unexpected than say a Constellation class or whatever.

I don't know, another "won't happen, but would be cool if it did" addition would be a Borg Sphere or something since players have wanted them for a while, especially lifers who have liberated Borg characters (truthfully I've kind of hoped they would add one onto a lifetime subscription at some point since it goes with the race).
    edited August 2014
    It won't happen but I've actually wanted to see some unaffiliated ships show up in the game. I can't remember the episode name, but they had this one cool ship used by a crew of mercenaries Picard went undercover to infiltrate.

I'm kind of hoping this cool new ship is something a bit more unexpected than say a Constellation class or whatever.

I don't know, another "won't happen, but would be cool if it did" addition would be a Borg Sphere or something since players have wanted them for a while, especially lifers who have liberated Borg characters (truthfully I've kind of hoped they would add one onto a lifetime subscription at some point since it goes with the race).

The episode was "Gambit." The mercenary ship used the Miradorn ship model.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/christies/miradorn-christies-top.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wording on the blog post sucks...

"Each day around 10AM PDT, starting this Friday, August 29, 2014 and continuing through Monday"

So That makes it sound like you have 4 days of free stuff to claim. But in actuality it is only 3. Friday, Saturday and Sunday...

Wish you guys would list the start time and end time for each day's item...
  • rjoy79rjoy79 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This new well-known ship better be worthwhile. I agree with the other posts, it better not b cool now and useless in 6-weeks. I know it won't happen but I wish it was an early access T6, but insted will prob b a ship that everyones been after only for it to be TRIBBLE.
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rjoy79 wrote: »
    This new well-known ship better be worthwhile. I agree with the other posts, it better not b cool now and useless in 6-weeks. I know it won't happen but I wish it was an early access T6, but insted will prob b a ship that everyones been after only for it to be TRIBBLE.

I am leaning towards an Intrepid variant. It seems like something they would do to try to boost excitement for the Delta Rising expansion.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • xsilvermanxxsilvermanx Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    New C-Store unlock: not-upgradeable T5-Miranda. Now that T5 won't be the top tier much longer, we may be able to ask for that :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    I am leaning towards an Intrepid variant. It seems like something they would do to try to boost excitement for the Delta Rising expansion.
    Maybe Warship Voyager? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Delicious bread and circuses time again!

Doubt theres much they can toss out to the kdf/roms though...and ships will be pretty much a waste of time as it'd need a zen ransom, sorry, upgrade, to prove 'competetive'
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ALOT of people I've talked to says the new ship will be free along with the c-store items. I just laughed.

Just to make sure things get clarified: The new ship will most likely NOT be free. It will probably be a T5 ship that will set you back 2000 zen.

The items that are going to be free will probably be a Delta tribble, and a bunch of stuff that people already have, like costumes or something 500 zen or less.

They are releasing Delta Rising and they announce the BS of charging for ship upgrades (but for ships they think people like or want upgraded) so they want to get people to buy things from the c-store.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    wording on the blog post sucks...

"Each day around 10AM PDT, starting this Friday, August 29, 2014 and continuing through Monday"

So That makes it sound like you have 4 days of free stuff to claim. But in actuality it is only 3. Friday, Saturday and Sunday...

Wish you guys would list the start time and end time for each day's item...
    Through Monday implies that Monday is included....so 4 days. ;)
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    darpink wrote: »
    Through Monday implies that Monday is included....so 4 days. ;)

Each day from 10AM to 10AM will overlap into Monday but it's still only 3 days.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm just gonna throw this out there as a wildcard: maybe the new "relatively well known" ship being released is the refit negh'var they've promised for so long?

Would be cool if so.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Each day from 10AM to 10AM will overlap into Monday but it's still only 3 days.
    Hmmm, it says "THROUGH" not "UNTIL". So.....10am Friday, 10am Saturday, 10am Sunday and 10am Monday, that's 4. However, this is Cryptic. So for them to say "Through" may not mean the same thing as it does to the rest of the world. :D
    edited August 2014
    dave18193 wrote: »
    I'm just gonna throw this out there as a wildcard: maybe the new "relatively well known" ship being released is the refit negh'var they've promised for so long?

Would be cool if so.

The ship that is needed is a full Romulan Carrier. One with 2 hanger bays. Klingons have the Vo'Quv and the feds have the Atrox Carrier.....But Rommies get screwed the pooch on that.
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Was talking to some friends of mine on STO about the giveaway, and one friend suggested it would have to do with DR, probably Intrepids being given away.
    edited August 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that there is absolutely ZERO chance of the revamped Intrepid being "given away".

And the new ship, that is due to be announced.... sometime, isn't part of the 'giveaway'.

I didn't say the -new- Intrepid. Jeez, I meant the t4 refit, or maybe the t5 retrofit. No need to jump down my throat . Learn to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited August 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Still won't happen. I doubt that there'll be an 'old' model Intrepid. The ship has been revamped and in all likihood, the lower tier versions will keep their previous BOFF/console layouts but the external visuals of the ship itself will be the new model.

/added to ignore.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shadokitty wrote: »
    Was talking to some friends of mine on STO about the giveaway, and one friend suggested it would have to do with DR, probably Intrepids being given away.

I see where you're coming from, but I doubt it sadly. Cryptic has invested money in redoing the art for the intrepid and theyll want to monetize it down the line, either with a "revamp" down the line or a brand new T6 version possibly.

Even giving away the T4 version would discourage the blatant voyager fanboys among us (ie, me) from investing in future (non T6) intrepid related purchases, since I would just RP the solo content in the T4 refit.

I do think the new ship release might be an intrepid though. I think the dauntless, constellation and even neghvar are slightly more likely though.

Maybe its one new ship today per faction? New Intrepid variant, new neghvar variant and maybe that true romulan carrier so many have been wanting? Ulikely, but I can dream.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • shriakeshriake Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If I had to say...the well known ship is probally going to be a tactical borg cube....I know it well....very well....too well as my ship has been blown up countless times by one.
    edited August 2014
    Constellation at Commander Level for 1000 zen......(Sarcasm) Whoopie.......
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just revealed: Today's ship release is the Heavy Cruiser Refit Constellation Class, a T-3 ship. It comes equipped with Warp burst capacitor console , allowing captains to perform the Picard Maneuver. Also, the T-5 Heavy Cruiser Retrofit has been slightly upgraded. More details at:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7002723

• xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    .......lol?
  • legacyofdarknesslegacyofdarkness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dunno why but the dev blog translates that you somehow only get it at @10 am. Not the whole day. I hope i'm just paranoid.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    Delicious bread and circuses time again!

Doubt theres much they can toss out to the kdf/roms though...and ships will be pretty much a waste of time as it'd need a zen ransom, sorry, upgrade, to prove 'competetive'

LOVE your signature.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dunno why but the dev blog translates that you somehow only get it at @10 am. Not the whole day. I hope i'm just paranoid.

You're good.

They've done these before.

The giveaway starts at 10 am and lasts until the next day at 9.59.

So, there'll be four items, probably rising in value.

Sadly, I have a family duty/emergency to do so will be away from a computer I can claim things on after today, but nevertheless i am extremely pleased to see these giveaways.

Generosity like this opens my wallet.