test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End Of Summer Giveaway

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
To celebrate this amazing summer, we have a new well-known starship being released this Thursday, along with free C-Store items each day of the weekend! Read more about it in our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    #Constellation
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm calling it, the Constellation.

Also free C-Store giveaways are usually pretty good.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm getting really tired of intentionally vague information on dev blogs for the sake of marketing hype.

That said, I like free things.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited August 2014
    I'm calling it, the Constellation.
    Get in line, you weren't quick enough! :P
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hmm a well-known starship... the Dauntless? Before I invest into another Tier 5 ship you really have to tell me exactly how it will perform compared to Tier 6 ships...
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    it would end up being THIS weekend wouldnt it? :/ i have dragoncon from thursday till sunday. and no guaranty of internet in my hotel.

that said, free stuff is nice.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Surely must be the Constellation.

Free stuff is always good, although cue thread after thread of whining because people either already have or aren't eligible for whatever is on offer.
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Free things :D

I hope for the Original series Mirror uniform, just for the Terran embalm
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
    edited August 2014
    it would end up being THIS weekend wouldnt it? :/ i have dragoncon from thursday till sunday. and no guaranty of internet in my hotel.
    Could you not have a friend and/or family member acquire the freebies for you? All they'd need do is log on, select the item and claim. You could even go through the process with them before hand? Just an idea. :)
    steaen wrote: »
    Surely must be the Constellation.
    Well, this seems to be the logical choice, cause we know the model already exists within the game. The other option, as mentioned earlier, is the Dauntless; setting players up for Delta Rising.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Strange that they're releasing a T5 ship now, with T6 ships right around the corner.

Unless this ship is free, anyhow.

Curious what the giveaways will be this weekend.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I prefer the current T5 selection over the upcoming T6 if every Federationship will look like the one in the blog...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Rats, leaving early saturday for family important stuff.

Almost certainly no internet, and certainly no machine with STO installed available.

However, that said, I applaud Cryptic for offering this deal.

Generosity is an important virtue, this is generous.......and, along with the alt discounts, goes a long way to blocking out the memory of the grindaversary (when generosity died)
    edited August 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Strange that they're releasing a T5 ship now, with T6 ships right around the corner.

Unless this ship is free, anyhow.

Curious what the giveaways will be this weekend.

The ship won't be free. Trendy said they would release a ship along with free c-store items. She didn't say it's going to be a free ship.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The constellation.. i would love to see the Dauntless... anyway, thanks for the freebies, as always!! :D
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, thanks for the freebies.

Cryptic/PWE, word of advice on what you wrote:
    "we’ll list the eligibility requirements for each item in a later news post"

The blog post should have included that information.

While we're clamoring to learn more, you're barraging us with too many blogs containing "{redacted}" or other non-descriptive nonsense.

It's an unfortunate (even amateurish) attempt at marketing. Which saddens me, as I usually enjoy the graphics and text content which is delivered in past blog entries.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »

While we're clamoring to learn more, you're barraging us with too many blogs containing "{redacted}" or other non-descriptive nonsense.

It's an unfortunate (even amateurish) attempt at marketing. Which saddens me, as I usually enjoy the graphics and text content which is delivered in past blog entries.
    They're not going to give away items in the first post.. like other giveaways, you'll probably have to be a certain level to claim a ship for example.

Jeez. Some people expect too much. It's a wonder they even give free stuff out with attitudes like this.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm getting really tired of intentionally vague information on dev blogs for the sake of marketing hype.

That said, I like free things.

Perhaps the most crucial rule there is, never believe the hype.

But if it's free, I'll take it. Free is a good price.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »

lol, Cryptic has NEVER announced ahead of time what their free giveaways are. We'll find out when the free items become available, and not until then.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like free stuff and it's account wide unlocks as well so wonder if it's bank slots or something similar
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A giveaway is always nice & a release of a "known" ship does make me at least curious. But unless someone on Cryptics side completely spills the beans on all details regarding T5 to T6 (or T5 to be competitive to T6) ships my wallet is closed and locked away. I hope you guys do understand that given the circumstances.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What, more T5 soon-to-be-junk ships? I will not buy this record, it is scratched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    I like free stuff and it's account wide unlocks as well so wonder if it's bank slots or something similar

I would really like something like free bank slots, doff/boff slots or ship slots. Almost everyone would profit from it either on their main or alt chars.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gaevsman wrote: »
    The constellation.. i would love to see the Dauntless... anyway, thanks for the freebies, as always!! :D

Constellation refit/retrofit my guess. I wouldn't exactly say that the Dauntless is well known (and its an easy thing to throw out there as one of the first T6 C-store ships.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The new one might not be a T5 ship, can't really see them releasing a t5 just now.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Possibly the worst time to release a new ship, no matter even if it is the constellation... :/
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looking forward to free items.
    Free ship, it is going to be fed, so nothing for me ;)
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Possibly the worst time to release a new ship, no matter even if it is the constellation... :/

Its the only ship I can think of that still; needs to be released.
    edited August 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Its a give away of old stuff not new stuff.

The ship won't be part of the giveaway. It's released this Thursday while the giveaway starts this Friday. It could very well be a new Tier 5 ship.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is it a T6 Constellation?

Because I see absolutely no point to releasing it now when it'll be pointless in six weeks time.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Its the only ship I can think of that still; needs to be released.

Well, they also have to release the voyager revamp at some point. You would expect it to come with DR but they could also have it ship now to double as indirect pre-launch hype/PR.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!