test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SUPPORT the Typhoon and Jupiter classes here!

Comments

• Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    I don't want to be the bad guy here, but the typhoon is already a complete kitbash, made of cryptic designed ship parts.
    But that doesn't mean it's bad, i'm sure it would find many fans as soon as it is in game.

If both ever made it into the game, obviously they would have to be "cleaned up" and detailed. Much in the same manner as the Scimitar when it went from NPC only to playable ship status.

However, any radical change in the basic design wouldn't be a Jupiter or Typhoon. They would be something completely different. And that's not what I, and I'm guessing other fans of the designs, want.
  • Options
    nickarcher404nickarcher404 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since Beta, I saw the Jupiter as the only viable, true to it's core Federation Carrier. Not some compromise of a lock box ship excuse where Federation Captain's are justified as being able to fly a Jem'Hadar ship (totally non-lore 'cause why would the Dominion just go "Uh, we don't care if you fly our ships to fight your own wars. No probs"). MAKE THE JUPITER AND TYPHOON PLAYER SHIPS!!! I ALSO SUPPORT MONTHLY Q & A AGAIN. That way we know it's our game again.

Also curious; Cryptic, how much do we need to raise to buy STO back from the Chinese and PWE? I don't like this pay to win much any more...
  • Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    MAKE THE JUPITER AND TYPHOON PLAYER SHIPS!!! I ALSO SUPPORT MONTHLY Q & A AGAIN. That way we know it's our game again.

Make it so, Cryptic! ;)
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here we go again....

I CALL UPON THE POWER OF THE ANCIENTS TO BRING THIS GREAT SPIRIT BACK TO LIFE!!!!!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the spirits of the typhoonand jupider oblige!
  • Options
    gapaxbr1gapaxbr1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    has there been any mention of the typhoon or other t6 ships since the reveal?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    gapaxbr1 wrote: »
    has there been any mention of the typhoon or other t6 ships since the reveal?
    ----Not yet----

/10Characters

• Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    I wont and do not support these kit bash ships.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I doubt the redesigned versions would look very kitbashey. But I completely agree that the current models are TRIBBLE.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Here we go again....

I CALL UPON THE POWER OF THE ANCIENTS TO BRING THIS GREAT SPIRIT BACK TO LIFE!!!!!

Ancient Spirits of STO, Transform this decayed form into TYPHOON/JUPITER THE EVER LIVING!
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Then why are you here?
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Your mama is a kit bash... http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=m1agaZinJHg

I got to say, the your mama jokes are growing on me.... is this a good sign?? :P

• Options
    bogardanbogardan Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I support this thread. Not because i like the ships, but because i like the reason:According to the Avenger's flavortext Starfleet made the Avenger in response to KDF's battlecruisers. So uh... Why aren't they replying to the large carrier ships, too? The initial design theme for the feds and klingons stated that the klingons would have raiders and a carrier because the federation had science vessels. Now the Klingons and even the romulans have science vessel options, and the feds? We -borrowed- Atrox carriers. In the meantime, the klingons get even more science and carrier options, whilst we're stuck with the 'this ship that the other factions also have, or are gonna get' routine. Give the players an option outside of opening the wallet!

Give the federation carriers!
  • Options
    space2000space2000 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I support to add the Typhoon class battleship and the Jupiter class Dreadnaught, it's not fair that only NPC can use the Typhoon and the Jupiter i hope it will be the first free federation carrier. :)
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2014
    space2000 wrote: »
    I support to add the Typhoon class battleship and the Jupiter class Dreadnaught, it's not fair that only NPC can use the Typhoon and the Jupiter i hope it will be the first free federation carrier. :)

No new free ships have entered this game in ages with the exception of the Mirror vessels and the Romulan basic selection.

If they add a Fed designed Carrier expect to open your wallet.

And don't start the whole it's not fair the NPCs have it so should we argument. Otherwise there should be a ton of NPC ships heading to the Klingon Fleet.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No new free ships have entered this game in ages with the exception of the Mirror vessels and the Romulan basic selection.

If they add a Fed designed Carrier expect to open your wallet.

And don't start the whole it's not fair the NPCs have it so should we argument. Otherwise there should be a ton of NPC ships heading to the Klingon Fleet.

which would help the KDF faction. Cryptic or more accurate craptic keeps missing this point.
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2014
    +1 admiralq1732
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    which would help the KDF faction. Cryptic or more accurate craptic keeps missing this point.

This thread, is not for kicking cryptic in the knee....... Please keep it to other threads. :(

• Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Im down for adding them although they will need updated textures methinks. But more is always better. However we do need to get back into the rhythm of allowing more customization/kitbashing of ships.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    shamoul12345shamoul12345 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i would love them..typhoon yes, jupiter (dont remember)

i would want one suitable to the scim in firepower, and not set up like the bulwark, with only 2 tactical slot's..

they need to set it up with 4 eng slots, 2 sci slots, and 4 tac slot's, everything else would be a minimum in my eye's
  • Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I too support a Jupiter and typhoon class.
    It's about time that we get some awesomeness back in the game!
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I half support this. The Typhoon is neat, but the Jupiter is ugly as sin.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Forget the Risian Luxury cruiser, the Jupiter is the original Space cruise liner.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If I get my Jupiter, I think I'm going to name it, Fat Ballerina.... It just seems, fitting to me. :P:cool:

• Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If I get my Jupiter, I think I'm going to name it, Fat Ballerina.... It just seems, fitting to me. :P:cool:

Should we hopefully get the Jupiter I'm going to name it after toot braunstein
    U.S.S. Braunstein has a nice ring to it don't you think?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Should we hopefully get the Jupiter I'm going to name it after toot braunstein
    U.S.S. Braunstein has a nice ring to it don't you think?

Indeed. :D

• Options
    edited August 2014

Who came up with "Big Bertha" again?

That's how mine will be called ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    Who came up with "Big Bertha" again?

That's how mine will be called ;)

I believe I did child....

(If anyone is wondering.... I decided to turn into a crazy religious cult like freak who worships the Typhoon and Jupiter as an eternal God.:P)

• Options
    mercurythefirstmercurythefirst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I recently came back to the game and started playing my science character up to 50. Using the photonic fleet skill, I saw my first Typhoon and my immediate reflex was to go to the wiki to find out how to get one. I have NEVER been that interested in a ship on impulse.

I was pretty surprised when I saw it's not playable, it looks 1000% better and more my style than any of the other Cryptic designs and especially the horrible, awful, repulsive dyson.

So I fully support and would buy the Typhoon.

Edit: But what I really want is a ship shaped more like the Oslo class, maybe a bit bigger like a battleship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    bloodpact.net

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

-Michelangelo
  • Options
    joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I simply have to wonder why they haven't unveiled the Tier 6 Typhoon and Jupiter yet. Why the heck do they have to design the new ships when there are wanted ships like these? Every ship that appears in missions should be available as a tier 5 ship at this point (minus the Connie because CBS, though with Tier 6 being added, Tier 5 is no longer necessarily end game..).