test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SUPPORT the Typhoon and Jupiter classes here!

kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Federation Discussion
Quote: The Typhoon Class is a dreadnaught that will most likely not appear as a playable ship until we increase the skill point cap to full Admiral. Even then, we haven't yet decided if this will be a player ship, but we can be convinced to make it so if there is enough support for it.

1: The Typhoon is a BATTLESHIP and will be referred to as such on this thread. The JUPITER is a DREADNAUGHT.

2: This is SUPPORT thread, and not for discussion. Use the 100's of other threads for that.

3: As said above, If there is enough support for the Typhoon and Jupiter classes, they will have a good chance to be added.

4: If you don't agree, don't post please, or at least be nice about it.

5: Go and post! For we WILL have these SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by kamakaze101 on

Comments

• kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support a Typhoon class battleship and a Jupiter class Dreadnaught!

Huzzah!!! Huzzah!!!
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Supported. We need more trekkie looking ships, not PWI fantasy TRIBBLE that look like they took the wrong turn off Arc.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1: The Typhoon is a BATTLESHIP and will be referred to as such on this thread. The JUPITER is a DREADNAUGHT.
    Isn't the Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser referred to as a "Bulwark Battleship" as an NPC? That could be a trend when comparing some NPC battleships to their playable counterparts.

Edit: Also, SUPPORTED!
    edited February 2014
    I dunno. But IMO it is a battleship and the Jupiter is its dreadnought counterpart

Back on topic! :)

Edit: I just think I broke my own rule
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I really don't want whatever it is that initial quote was talking about in terms of full admiral/level cap increase/new tier of ships.

BUT ... I'd be cool with both a Typhoon and Jupiter ships being added to the current system of the game.

So support. Just not supporting some weird, and probably by now due to Stahl leaving, outdated idea for future content advancement.

Yes to more ships! No to more tiers of ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've wanted the Jupiter Class since I first saw it! A Federation ship that can actually come close to the size and awe that every other faction in the game has.

Supported, though I would NOT like them to add to the level cap.
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Supported!

I would pay the rest of me years salary to see a Typhoon battleship, I've been waiting patiently for ages. Cryptic, it's already designed, just put some good numbers on it, a few fancy consoles, and update the texture slightly, job done! Lots of money too be made here...
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would support the Typhoon ( Providing it gets a nice going over from the Art department Just like the Scimitar did before the players go access to it )

Not so keen on the Jupiter, Its kinda one of those Frankenstein ships , but I'm not agaisnt it being avalible to players, I just wouldn't want one
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
    edited February 2014
    IMO the typhoon looks nicer too. But they at counterparts in a way, all or none sorta. But it's perfect for a fed designed carrier... Again I digress :facepalm:
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i don't care about the Jupiter but i very much want the Typhoon

/signed/
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • bookreader84bookreader84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support this thread :D
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm...

What about the idea of releasing a 'super-heavy cruiser' for each faction?

An updated Typhoon for Federation, an upgraded Negh'var for KDF, and possibly an upgraded D'deridex for Romulans.

Following the recent Sci-stroyers, give them the ability to switch between attack(tactical) and defensive(engineering) modes with special consoles that change function depending on on which mode they're in.

In defensive mode the console allows them to channel energy(the inverse of how Undine ships chain together) to all nearby (uncloaked) friendlies and boost everyone's subsystem power levels. In attack mode, the console allows the ship to continuously channel a stream/cone of radiation/energy directly in front of the ship for several seconds. Perhaps have the console disable engines for the duration of the ability as a trade-off(either mode).
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ditto.

I'd love to fly the Typhoon. Personally I find it's a better much design than the Avenger I love the Dual Nacelles and it pulls of a Sturdy Bulky look without being overly blocky like the Avenger
    I definitely support the release the Typhoon and I wouldn't mind getting the Jupiter too.I'm surprised it hasn't been released already it has plenty of support.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Nope. Do not want!
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • khromospkhromosp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    +1 support for this. :D
  • laportejlaportej Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support the Typhon and Jupiter. Personally I would only fly the Typhon, but others want to fly the Jupiter and I think it would be a good addition to our line-up.

SUPPORT BOTH!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    I would support the Typhoon ( Providing it gets a nice going over from the Art department Just like the Scimitar did before the players go access to it )

Not so keen on the Jupiter, Its kinda one of those Frankenstein ships , but I'm not agaisnt it being avalible to players, I just wouldn't want one

Pretty much this. I think the Jupiter could actually look pretty nice with a bit of polishing. Maybe even make it that broadside cruiser they were talking about a while ago.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Yes to more ships! No to more tiers of ships.

THIS.

I support this all day.
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Quote: The Typhoon Class is a dreadnaught that will most likely not appear as a playable ship until we increase the skill point cap to full Admiral. Even then, we haven't yet decided if this will be a player ship, but we can be convinced to make it so if there is enough support for it.

2: This is SUPPORT thread, and not for discussion. Use the 100's of other threads for that.

3: As said above, If there is enough support for the Typhoon and Jupiter classes, they will have a good chance to be added.

4: If you don't agree, don't post please, or at least be nice about it.

5: Go and post! For we WILL have these SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

A "dreadnought" is a "battleship". I disagree with the concept of adding garbage for the sake of being able to roll around in it. Now if you wanted that garbage to rule the universe it would be another matter.
    edited February 2014
    battleship= tatical leaning tatical/engi

dreadnought= engi leaning tactical/emgi

one of those other theads explained it.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A "dreadnought" is a "battleship".

NPCs in the game are classified as fighters (cannon fodder), frigates (still very easy), cruisers (a bit tougher), battleships (tough), and dreadnoughts (boss-level; defeating them usually requires multiple ships working together).
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited February 2014
    NPCs in the game are classified as fighters (cannon fodder), frigates (still very easy), cruisers (a bit tougher), battleships (tough), and dreadnoughts (boss-level; defeating them usually requires multiple ships working together).

There are really two levels of Dreadnought, the first is simply a factions capital ship (i.e. the Warbarge or Huntmaster), the second is the Tac Cube, Unimatrix shis, Voth city ship etc.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Shouldn't the "battleships" simply be the Star Cruisers and the Typhoon being a refitted Star Cruiser? I mean those are, along with the Oddysey, the heaviest ships in STOs Starfleet. That means they should basically slot the most devestating weapons.

For some reason, in STO-land, the smallest ships have the biggest firepower. But if you think about it, the large ships should also feature the most firepower. As such, any ship the size of the Galax and up, is already a "battleship" of some sort.

I don't really have anything agains the Typhoon, though I don't see why any more classes should be added at that point. The ship line-up is already a huge cluster**** of countless obscure and obsolete designs. They should somehow rather thin out the ship line up so it makes a bit of sense.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Of course Supported, love em both <3

We should actually let this thread inflate to a comparable size to the "What's your beef with the Galaxy thread" just so that the Devs can ignore it :P
    edited February 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    We should actually let this thread inflate to a comparable size to the "What's your beef with the Galaxy thread" just so that the Devs can ignore it :P

Let it inflate to the size of the Jupiter Class.

#TASforSTO

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't know but somehow I think the class names should be switched with each other.

The whale one looks more like a Typhoon and the Vesta/Constitution one rather like Jupiter.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I fully support the idea of the Jupiter and Typhoon being playable ships.
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    battleship= tatical leaning tatical/engi

dreadnought= engi leaning tactical/emgi

one of those other theads explained it.

Oh, silly me, I Forgot the whole "Cryptic's naming system is craptic", thanks for the reminder.

P.S. - A dreadnought is still a battleship.
  • trekkie715trekkie715 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support a playable Typhoon and Jupiter class. It's awesome that so many people support this. The closest we can get is the Majestic class Star Cruiser, and there's nothing that resembles the Jupiter class.
    edited February 2014
    Oh, silly me, I Forgot the whole "Cryptic's naming system is craptic", thanks for the reminder.

P.S. - A dreadnought is still a battleship.

In most sci fi the dreadnought is the largest ships one step up from a battleship / battlecruiser.

#TASforSTO