test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SUPPORT the Typhoon and Jupiter classes here!

Comments

• Options
    astroglideawayastroglideaway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Supported, both should be available, whether actually want to fly or not.
  • Options
    astroglideawayastroglideaway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Yes and no, the Typhoons In sto is a mass produced Battleship originally designed for the Klingon war. In a old video game for play station known as Star Trek Incursion® the Typhon is a Carrier launched In response to a massive Borg invasion commanded by Worf (I think). Also the Carrier version is spelled with one O.

I remember this, worf gets sent out in typhon, and you fly fighters around, also its invasion, not incursion, but meh.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation/star-trek-invasion/cover-art/gameCoverId,172708/
  • Options
    kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Supported, both should be available, whether actually want to fly or not.

exactly. if you want it or not, they should be in the game.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    I support this because.......... I really have nothing else better to do...
  • Options
    victormanhappyvictormanhappy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Definitely supported, these two ships would be a great contribution to STO.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can we make the Typhoon a skin model for a Tier 5 Connie? MUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!¡!¡!¡! >:-D
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    +1, love the typhoon, would actually pay for it (I dont spend real money on games often but when I do its damn well worth it)

the Jupiter (though hideous) would make for an AWESOME Fed Dred Carrier, with mirandas as frigates and it would make perfect sense.. uh oh, they will likely never do it now sense its logical and all...
  • Options
    sharradraysharradray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Typhoon with Cyclone and Hurricane variants?

Jupiter With Saturn and Neptune Variants...

CRYPTIC....PLEASE...HEAR OUR PLEAS!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    talerientalerien Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    Supported. We need more trekkie looking ships, not PWI fantasy TRIBBLE that look like they took the wrong turn off Arc.

I fully agree with this
  • Options
    havocspherehavocsphere Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I fully support the addition of these two ships.

I do not support a level cap increase.
  • Options
    landdonlanddon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Typhoon for me!
  • Options
    gapaxbr1gapaxbr1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    has ther ebeen any recent updates on this?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    gapaxbr1 wrote: »
    has there been any recent updates on this?

Not Yet.

I like pie...

• Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Stomper...

Your avatar

Is is from Plague inc Evolved?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Stomper...

Your avatar

Is is from Plague inc Evolved?

Yeah, thanks for noticing! :D

Your avatar.... is.... a little creepy, IN A NICE WAY! :P

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I Call Upon The Power Of The Ancients To Bring This Great Spirit Back To Life!!!!

• Options
    phoenix234567phoenix234567 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I Call Upon The Power Of The Ancients To Bring This Great Spirit Back To Life!!!!

You might be surprised! Today was the official announcement of the second expansion.
    It will raise the level cap to Level 60 and will introduce Tier 6 ships and MK XIV Gear.

While i'm a bit sceptical towards these additions, there's now also a good chance that we will get playable versions of the Typhoon and Jupiter, if Dstahl's plan for these two ships is still a thing with the current developers . . .

And even if Starfleet has 2 very good candidates for Tier 6 ships with these two designs I am still wondering what the Romulans and Klingons will receive, after all every capital ship of those factions is already playable. And I'm not sure how I feel about the introduction of ships that would outgun even the baddest Scimitar.

After all the Jupiter and Typhoon would most likely absolutely pale in comparions to such Tier 6 superlatives of Vo'quvs and Scimitars . . .

Oh well I guess, the only we can do now is expect the worst and hope for best . . .
    I guess.
    C'mon Cryptic, the Typhoon Battleship is the most aggressive and badass looking ship in the entire Starfleet. How could it not be playable!?
    And don't forget about the Jupiter and the Balaur and every other awesome NPC ship that absolutely deserves to be playable!
    C'mon Cryptic, we know you can do it!
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You might be surprised! Today was the official announcement of the second expansion.
    It will raise the level cap to Level 60 and will introduce Tier 6 ships and MK XIV Gear.

While i'm a bit sceptical towards these additions, there's now also a good chance that we will get playable versions of the Typhoon and Jupiter, if Dstahl's plan for these two ships is still a thing with the current developers . . .

And even if Starfleet has 2 very good candidates for Tier 6 ships with these two designs I am still wondering what the Romulans and Klingons will receive, after all every capital ship of those factions is already playable. And I'm not sure how I feel about the introduction of ships that would outgun even the baddest Scimitar.

After all the Jupiter and Typhoon would most likely absolutely pale in comparions to such Tier 6 superlatives of Vo'quvs and Scimitars . . .

Oh well I guess, the only we can do now is expect the worst and hope for best . . .
    I guess.
    Before in an ask Cryptic update one of the Devs said that if the Typhoon and Jupiter were going to be released it would be after Tier 6 ships are released chances are the Typhoon and Jupiter could perhaps be the first tier 6 Federation ships to be released.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Before in an ask Cryptic update one of the Devs said that if the Typhoon and Jupiter were going to be released it would be after Tier 6 ships are released chances are the Typhoon and Jupiter could perhaps be the first tier 6 Federation ships to be released.

My body is flowing with excitement... ;)

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Here is the quote from the December 2012 Ask Cryptic.
    Q: (cylon74656) Will the Steamrunner Class be available for those of us who don’t play through Steam? And also, when will we see the Typhoon Class playable in-game?

Dstahl: The Steamrunner Class is a Steam exclusive, so it will not be available in the C-Store. However, you do not need to play through Steam in order to purchase this item. If you have a Steam Account you can purchase the item through Steam and claim it in game without needing to play STO through the Steam client.

The Typhoon Class is a dreadnaught that will most likely not appear as a playable ship until we increase the skill point cap to full Admiral. Even then, we haven’t yet decided if this will be a player ship, but we can be convinced to make it so if there is enough support for it.

There are 3 problems with this quote being proof for the Typhoon and Jupiter.

1. Dan Stahl is no longer with STO.
    2. The answer Dan gave is non-committal. He didn't say that the Typhoon would be added if there is enough support, but the devs can be convinced to add it if there is enough support.
    3. This says absolutely nothing about the Jupiter.

There is also one other issue, even if the Jupiter and Typhoon are added in the game, then they will not look exactly the same as the npc versions. If you are dead set on the look, then be prepared to be disappointed if it comes out.

With that said, the announcement about Tier 6 ships makes this closer to being a reality. Personally, I can't stand how fat the Jupiter looks, but the Typhoon looks like a decent ship.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Here is the quote from the December 2012 Ask Cryptic.

There are 3 problems with this quote being proof for the Typhoon and Jupiter.

1. Dan Stahl is no longer with STO.
    2. The answer Dan gave is non-committal. He didn't say that the Typhoon would be added if there is enough support, but the devs can be convinced to add it if there is enough support.
    3. This says absolutely nothing about the Jupiter.

There is also one other issue, even if the Jupiter and Typhoon are added in the game, then they will not look exactly the same as the npc versions. If you are dead set on the look, then be prepared to be disappointed if it comes out.

With that said, the announcement about Tier 6 ships makes this closer to being a reality. Personally, I can't stand how fat the Jupiter looks, but the Typhoon looks like a decent ship.

How could one not want a space bathtub?

Cryptic can change the designs without taking their identity away.......

And support is building my dear friend, and IMO this would be a high time to add the Jupiter and Typhoon with the release of tier 6 ships....

• Options
    ciranferaciranfera Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ill sign this in a flash! Ive always wanted a Typhoon.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't want to anger you guys, but i never really liked the Typhoon or the Jupiter.
    They're just not good designed ships IMO.

Maybe with some additional ship models or at least more parts one could maybe kitbash something nice. How about THIS as a alternative ship model and source of parts for the Typhoon?

At least the Typhoon looks remotely like a Starfleet ship, unlike that stuff cryptic is going to release in the next expansion.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT:
    I have one question to you guys.
    The Typhoon you are supporting, is it supposed to have more Assault Cruiser ship parts or is it just the ship we can see in game?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    I don't want to anger you guys, but i never really liked the Typhoon or the Jupiter.
    They're just not good designed ships IMO.

Maybe with some additional ship models or at least more parts one could maybe kitbash something nice. How about THIS as a alternative ship model and source of parts for the Typhoon?

At least the Typhoon looks remotely like a Starfleet ship, unlike that stuff cryptic is going to release in the next expansion.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT:
    I have one question to you guys.
    The Typhoon you are supporting, is it supposed to have more Assault Cruiser ship parts or is it just the ship we can see in game?

It has a stretched hull like the Sovereign, but larger...

If cryptic made em' playable they would get a brush up..... (especially Big Bertha)

Thanks for stopping by!! And good luck with the Galaxy Thread!! ;)

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I kind of dislike the idea of the Jupiter and Typhoon becoming Tier 6 ships. They're clearly older Starfleet designs; I'm not even sure they should be tougher than the Odyssey. Though they will be, of course. :rolleyes:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited August 2014

It has a stretched hull like the Sovereign, but larger...

If cryptic made em' playable they would get a brush up..... (especially Big Bertha)

Thanks for stopping by!! And good luck with the Galaxy Thread!! ;)
    :)

Maybe that has been discussed already, if yes i'm sorry.
    When looking at some Picture of the Typhoon i can identify the Saucer (Majestic class), the pylons (Noble class) and Nacelles (double Cerberus class).
    But i have no idea where they took the Engineering hull from. I have checked all ships and variants, but couldn't find a matching piece.

Nevertheless, i think it shouldn't be a problem to adapt other ship parts from already existing ships, make them larger to make them fit to the Typhoon.
    I think it would be a shame to deliberately withhold some visual options, especially additional ship parts.
    What do you think?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    :)

Maybe that has been discussed already, if yes i'm sorry.
    When looking at some Picture of the Typhoon i can identify the Saucer (Majestic class), the pylons (Noble class) and Nacelles (double Cerberus class).
    But i have no idea where they took the Engineering hull from. I have checked all ships and variants, but couldn't find a matching piece.

Nevertheless, i think it shouldn't be a problem to adapt other ship parts from already existing ships, make them larger to make them fit to the Typhoon.
    I think it would be a shame to deliberately withhold some visual options, especially additional ship parts.
    What do you think?

Different part options are welcome like fleet ship skins. Though, I like to keep some uniqueness, and not turn it into a complete kitbash. But I fear this falls into Gecko's hands....

Thanks for the input.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Different part options are welcome like fleet ship skins. Though, I like to keep some uniqueness, and not turn it into a complete kitbash. But I fear this falls into Gecko's hands....

Thanks for the input.
    I don't want to be the bad guy here, but the typhoon is already a complete kitbash, made of cryptic designed ship parts.
    But that doesn't mean it's bad, i'm sure it would find many fans as soon as it is in game.

A tale of two Picards