test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doff mission will not complete or abort bug.

Comments

• Options
    jonarusdrakusjonarusdrakus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm having this same issue, except I have a full 18 Doff missions non-completing, plus 1 R&D project. I've submitted a ticket (and used the in-game GM message thing too) already.

I'm sitting at -4days 4hours plus change...

A few people have mentioned the 'sick bay' mission might be a trigger, and I have it on my list, but its not the 'top' mission.

Considering how much time I've put into this toon, I really don't want to have to scrap them and start again.

PS: This is only happening to 1 of my toons, I have 7 others that work fine (so far).

~JD
    "Duty, Gravity, Piety - The Triune Virtues." - (Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath, Dev'ess and Soldier)
    MedMod Dev: http://cohslmod.prophpbb.com/forum24.html - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CoH_MedMod
    Aspiring artist: http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    maybe they should rollback the last 2 patches if they not going to fix it properly
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh wow, on vacation and now seeing this *shakes head*
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    tororosso11tororosso11 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same story from me. 21 Missions stuck on Negative completed timer.

reported the bug in game.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    how happyI was when patch notes say fixed bug where doff assignments wont go to -hours anymore...

HAHAHAHAHA

now they just say FINISHED but still it takes like 2min untill all 20 assignments turn to the completed tap

so actual BUG wasnt fixed....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    demaltzenburgerzdemaltzenburgerz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    how happyI was when patch notes say fixed bug where doff assignments wont go to -hours anymore...

HAHAHAHAHA

now they just say FINISHED but still it takes like 2min untill all 20 assignments turn to the completed tap

so actual BUG wasnt fixed....

Working as intended. :eek:
  • Options
    valastsarranvalastsarran Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    Now all of my KDF captains (which is all but 1 Fed Captain) is getting this stuck on finishing for all DoFF missions and for R&D projects as well.

How annoying ...
  • Options
    luthlan2000luthlan2000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stuck for 8 days. Appreciating my doffs this weekend, thanks ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Still wondering when this might be addressed ...I've no desire to play my Fed captain - I like the KDF...but now I cannot doff nor do any type of research for them due to this bug.
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now all of my KDF captains (which is all but 1 Fed Captain) is getting this stuck on finishing for all DoFF missions and for R&D projects as well.

How annoying ...

Of my 4 KDF allied captains, only 1 is having this same problem: and she's the only one working in the crafting system.
  • Options
    raptram2raptram2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All 20 of my doff missions and both of my R&D tasks have been stuck for over a week. Missed the DOFF weekend, missed out on leveling R&D, missed out on being able to raise epohhs.

Awesome.
  • Options
    mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All my doff missions for Tuk KDF@mackermomo have been stuck through the majority of the event. There is nothing I can do to release them

Please log in to:

Tuk KDF@mackermomo

This character has had 24 doff missions stuck for days (through most of the event).

I have tried:

1. Flying to different sectors.
    2. Flying to different sectors and changing instances.
    3. Docking at the fleet starbase.
    4. Going to various homeworlds (Romulus/Q'nos).
    5. Canceling a variety of doff missions--Cannot cancel at this time...

Nothing seems to work. I would certainly appreciate any assistance, and appropriate compensation in terms of commendation points and lost research. STO is usually a stress reliever for me. Even if I don't have time to run a pve queue, I always have time to set up a few doff missions and keep the queue full.

Thank you for your prompt response, in advance. ;-)

Edit:

So, I guess I'm not so lucky because another one of my characters is now experiencing the same issue. Please also look into

tukertu@mackermomo

Boy, that's two out of three characters I can't use. Man, this is really hurting now. ;-) Please look into this as soon as possible. Thank you.

Edit 2: tukertu@mackermomo was just released. The doffs are completing now. That leaves only the original character mentioned, who has been stuck for days. Thank you.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hector@kozar2
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Still broken, yes?
  • Options
    odi9755odi9755 Member Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    Still stuck "Duration: Finished".

Kern@oOdio
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    geez, i wish defera invasion map got attention with its 4 year old bugs, plus the new ones popping up......it is about time the manager stopped implementing new broken content and worked on fixing bugs, or get more programmers in and make a team to specifically work on fixing bugs.
    But, what do i know, i just play the game, i dont notice the bugs and happily throw my money away on broken patches, like fixing a broken car that will never run again. :rolleyes:
    But, i dont throw money away when i realise that there are 4 yr old bugs in a game. Its not just defera either, its some of the storyline misssion that are broken and have been for as long as i can remember.
    I bet any money, that DR will be released on us with countless more bugs.....what expansion or new content isnt? And then its neglected :(
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    geez, i wish defera invasion map got attention with its 4 year old bugs, plus the new ones popping up......it is about time the manager stopped implementing new broken content and worked on fixing bugs, or get more programmers in and make a team to specifically work on fixing bugs.
    But, what do i know, i just play the game, i dont notice the bugs and happily throw my money away on broken patches, like fixing a broken car that will never run again. :rolleyes:
    But, i dont throw money away when i realise that there are 4 yr old bugs in a game. Its not just defera either, its some of the storyline misssion that are broken and have been for as long as i can remember.
    I bet any money, that DR will be released on us with countless more bugs.....what expansion or new content isnt? And then its neglected :(

I'll stake money on the fact that'll it'll launch full of bugs. As the comment from a former employee stated they need more people in the QA department. In addition they should allow more time for testing on tribble. But considering they've recently managed to turn the duty officer system on its head for no real reason. Then I'd expect a whole host of bugs. Then I'm sure that after a few weeks of people buying all the shiney stuff they'll decide that most of it is over powered and will hack their way through it with the nerf bat once more.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    It would appear that no one cares that this system is broken and that over 37 DoFF assignments and over 8 R&D projects are still stuck on "Finishing" for days with not even a response from anyone on when this will be taken care of. Only responses are from more and more players (mainly Rom / KDF) that have had this bug for apparently a week or more.

When will this be addressed? :confused:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It would appear that no one cares that this system is broken and that over 37 DoFF assignments and over 8 R&D projects are still stuck on "Finishing" for days with not even a response from anyone on when this will be taken care of. Only responses are from more and more players (mainly Rom / KDF) that have had this bug for apparently a week or more.

When will this be addressed? :confused:

Last time I could be bothered to log in and check my kdf doff missions were 172hrs past completion.
    I guess I'm fortunate enough to have started my crafting R&D on different toons. But I still don't understand why they saw the need to mess with the duty officer system in the first place. Its plainly obvious that people have no love for the majority of changes made to the interface in the name of making it compatible with gateway. And why the new selection algorithm's couldn't have been implemeneted in the back ground.

• Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited August 2014
    I've had this problem on all my toons since before the alleged fix.
    I have one fed toon that the missions will complete after I sit there for a few minutes
    My fed allied rom will do the same thing. Both of them are leveling R&D.
    Today I log in to my KDF allied Reman and he's got 20 missions that won't complete and one available slot. Apparently I've got 1 sickbay mission that won't complete. I tried chanigng zones, logging into a different toon. But still stuck.
  • Options
    mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mackermomo wrote: »
    All my doff missions for Tuk KDF@mackermomo have been stuck through the majority of the event. There is nothing I can do to release them

Please log in to:

Tuk KDF@mackermomo

This character has had 24 doff missions stuck for days (through most of the event).

I have tried:

1. Flying to different sectors.
    2. Flying to different sectors and changing instances.
    3. Docking at the fleet starbase.
    4. Going to various homeworlds (Romulus/Q'nos).
    5. Canceling a variety of doff missions--Cannot cancel at this time...

Nothing seems to work. I would certainly appreciate any assistance, and appropriate compensation in terms of commendation points and lost research. STO is usually a stress reliever for me. Even if I don't have time to run a pve queue, I always have time to set up a few doff missions and keep the queue full.

Thank you for your prompt response, in advance. ;-)

Edit:

So, I guess I'm not so lucky because another one of my characters is now experiencing the same issue. Please also look into

tukertu@mackermomo

Boy, that's two out of three characters I can't use. Man, this is really hurting now. ;-) Please look into this as soon as possible. Thank you.

Edit 2: tukertu@mackermomo was just released. The doffs are completing now. That leaves only the original character mentioned, who has been stuck for days. Thank you.

Edit 8/18/2014

Tuk KDF@mackermomo

Has all doff missions still stuck. Thank you.
  • Options
    luthlan2000luthlan2000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please fix this problem you lovely people
  • Options
    durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still stuck, myself.
  • Options
    darkside003darkside003 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stuck as well.....:(
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Was working fine for me.
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a kdf toon with 10 doff missions and his r&d projects stuck will not complete. All my other toons are fine there missions complete when I log on. I have sent in a bug report my question to you is this. Since this issue keeps comming up how are you going to compensate the players who are affected with this?? I mean after all im losing xp a day in the r&d system becouse I cannot claim the project.

Or is it ok to keep falling further behind in the r&d system becouse I can't claim it ?? now if this was an exploit boy you would shut down the game to fix it. How about showing us the same respect and fix this darn bug asap!!!
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cincyman39 wrote: »
    I have a kdf toon with 10 doff missions and his r&d projects stuck will not complete. All my other toons are fine there missions complete when I log on. I have sent in a bug report my question to you is this. Since this issue keeps comming up how are you going to compensate the players who are affected with this?? I mean after all im losing xp a day in the r&d system becouse I cannot claim the project.

Or is it ok to keep falling further behind in the r&d system becouse I can't claim it ?? now if this was an exploit boy you would shut down the game to fix it. How about showing us the same respect and fix this darn bug asap!!!

I have to agree its now 6 days and counting that all my doff and R&D slots are blocked, this is a loss of DIL, FM, and all that comes with it. If this were and exploit granting players the ability to sidestep 20h counters we'd have a fix, especially during a weekend went that we have been completely locked out of, within hours. Emergency maintenance n all.

If you ever fix this a reward box, somewhat proportionate to the amount of time a character wasn't able to get them would be fair. 2000k unr. Dil, 1000cxp per track, + 1000 research per track , and 100FM per day seems reasonable. I easily get more in each direction for 24 h of doffing and running 20h end projects. Since the counters are ticking in negative numbers (just not on the assignment page of the doff screen) you can see exactly how many days:hours:min: etc a toon hasn't been able to participate in doffing and end.

To bad this is never going to happen.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    havam wrote: »
    I have to agree its now 6 days and counting that all my doff and R&D slots are blocked, this is a loss of DIL, FM, and all that comes with it. If this were and exploit granting players the ability to sidestep 20h counters we'd have a fix, especially during a weekend went that we have been completely locked out of, within hours. Emergency maintenance n all.

To bad this is never going to happen.

Lol yeah. Doff Missions not finishing or taking 5 seconds per mission to finish? No biggie.

Someone is able to slot multiple identical RnD missions in the same track?

STOP EVERYTHING!!!!111!!! HOTFIX NAO!!!111!!!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Lol yeah. Doff Missions not finishing or taking 5 seconds per mission to finish? No biggie.

Someone is able to slot multiple identical RnD missions in the same track?

STOP EVERYTHING!!!!111!!! HOTFIX NAO!!!111!!!

and it will continue to be like this until everyone stops throwing money at them, then, either they will listen or shut the game down.

quick to nerf, but slower than a snail to fix things, just look at defera, 4 yrs on and its bugs are growing, buuuttt, who cares?
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    and it will continue to be like this until everyone stops throwing money at them, then, either they will listen or shut the game down.

quick to nerf, but slower than a snail to fix things, just look at defera, 4 yrs on and its bugs are growing, buuuttt, who cares?

Well said.