test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doff mission will not complete or abort bug.

Comments

• mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mackermomo View Post
    All my doff missions for Tuk KDF@mackermomo have been stuck through the majority of the event. There is nothing I can do to release them

Please log in to:

Tuk KDF@mackermomo

This character has had 24 doff missions stuck for days (through most of the event).

I have tried:

1. Flying to different sectors.
    2. Flying to different sectors and changing instances.
    3. Docking at the fleet starbase.
    4. Going to various homeworlds (Romulus/Q'nos).
    5. Canceling a variety of doff missions--Cannot cancel at this time...

Nothing seems to work. I would certainly appreciate any assistance, and appropriate compensation in terms of commendation points and lost research. STO is usually a stress reliever for me. Even if I don't have time to run a pve queue, I always have time to set up a few doff missions and keep the queue full.

Thank you for your prompt response, in advance. ;-)

Edit:

So, I guess I'm not so lucky because another one of my characters is now experiencing the same issue. Please also look into

tukertu@mackermomo

Boy, that's two out of three characters I can't use. Man, this is really hurting now. ;-) Please look into this as soon as possible. Thank you.

Edit 2: tukertu@mackermomo was just released. The doffs are completing now. That leaves only the original character mentioned, who has been stuck for days. Thank you.

Edit 8/18/2014

Tuk KDF@mackermomo

Has all doff missions still stuck. Thank you.
    mackermomo wrote: »
    Edit 8/18/2014

Tuk KDF@mackermomo

8/19/2014

Tuk KDF@mackermomo

Hey folks, I have supported the development of this game from a financial standpoint. It would be nice to have some kind of a reply.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fine add in Gaz@Malkarris as being stuck.

Steps to reproduce, I think.

Run Respond to Subordinate's Challenge, then get any mission to injure a doff, doesn't have to be that one, just has to start the sick bay doff mission. All of my characters that are stuck have those two missions.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I've just imported my toon, who's doff missions were stuck in the "Finishing" into Redshirt, and although they still take a few seconds to complete, they are finally completing. The $64,000 dollar question is, are they going to make us wait til tomorrow, or be proactive and implement it ASAP?

EDIT: Although I should mention that the lag on completing said missions is still present. But it is the lesser of two evils I guess.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• gertjan020gertjan020 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi i have this issue for 2 weeks now, its really gettign annoying as i cant progress this toon.

please fix this.
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    looks like no fix other than the part for the sick bay bein stuck
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • odi9755odi9755 Member Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    Doff and crafting missions have become an important part of my character progression. Not being able to complete these missions takes away my want to continue to play. I understand this problem isn't effecting everyone and in-turn the priority to correct this issue reflects.

However, It would be nice if you folks at Cryptic could give us a time table or any new information on correcting this problem. I'm slowly starting to lose my patients waiting week after week without any acknowledgement besides "This is a known issue". Please do not take this as a threat, insult or trolling. Anticipation is wearing on me; I have so much invested into my character. Again, I understand our situation.

Thank you. :)
  • mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    odi9755 wrote: »
    Doff and crafting missions have become an important part of my character progression. Not being able to complete these missions takes away my want to continue to play. I understand this problem isn't effecting everyone and in-turn the priority to correct this issue reflects.

However, It would be nice if you folks at Cryptic could give us a time table or any new information on correcting this problem. I'm slowly starting to lose my patients waiting week after week without any acknowledgement besides "This is a known issue". Please do not take this as a threat, insult or trolling. Anticipation is wearing on me; I have so much invested into my character. Again, I understand our situation.

Thank you. :)

Yep. I certainly hear you. I took the advice of others and created a support ticket. The response was a real blow-off. Didn't even look like they read my question/concern. That plus all the bugs has really killed my desire to play.

I'm sure the folks at Cryptic are working hard to address these issues, but it would have been real nice to hear something from Cryptic. My experience is that people are quite forgiving if you acknowledge their discomfort, but they are far less tolerant of simply being ignored.

Hope you find other things to enjoy in the game. ;-)
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks like they might have it this time. My stuck character has been able to process all of the stuck Doff missions.

Let's see if that lasts for a few days.
  • rectiirectii Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My issue with this cleared up after the .15 to .19 patch. All my doff missions and R&D queue completed. Looks like they got it fixed. Thanx.
    The Game itself is nothing. The playing of it...? Everything !!
  • belanna58belanna58 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    still taking half hour to finish, not fixed
  • odi9755odi9755 Member Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    Yesterdays patch fixed my stuck-on-finishing doff missions and doff crafting. Thank you Cryptic.
    Cheers. :)
    edited August 2014
    well aren't you guys lucky. when i log in to do my doffs and r and d, i gotta wait till it does actually finish. they may have fixed it for some, but for others and myself, they broke it on the first attempt of trying to "fix" it.....so cryptic, fix your game
    edited August 2014
    no fix in patch notes well done for breaking it
    edited August 2014
    Of course not. Taking me 3 hours to do my doffs for the day now instead of about 20 minutes. Buuuutttt who cares? They obviously don't because it is no longer being mentioned in patch notes
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Still waiting for it to be fixed since they broke it
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited September 2014
    i hope this waiting bug is fixed this week. 3hrs to do doffs once a day is a joke. Not spending money on the game till this is fixed properly to where it was working properly 6 weeks ago when it was patched to be broken and then botched up to make it appear to be fixed when it wasnt, all it done was instead of reading minus days hr mins secs to now reading finishing.
    If you are going to fix something, please fix it properly instead of taking us for fools!

If it was something that was released like the new crafting where we could slot same bonus xp project multiple times, you are quick to "fix " it, so why cant you be quick to fix this issue and defera invasion map?
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited September 2014
    nice to see they close the thread on the invisible weapons fire, good way to listen to players and make them forget about issues. Problem isnt solved so thread shouldnt be closed
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They cant fix the doff missions because they cant work out why there fix did not work.

As for not seeing weapons fire in CE its not a bug the game now auto does it to stop frame rate drop and lag.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    They cant fix the doff missions because they cant work out why there fix did not work
    As for not seeing weapons fire in CE its not a bug the game now auto does it to stop frame rate drop and lag.

_They would know
    that isnt what the devs said, so, i think u may be wrong on that assumption
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Cryptic, can you please,please,PLEASEEEEEE fix the doffs?
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited September 2014
    nice to see the effects were fixed :)

But what about the doffs? I've stopped trying to do them now because it is a pain waiting for 3 hours overall to do them daily. Is it ever going to be fixed properly to how it was before the first fix attempt?
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited September 2014
    starting to get stuck missions now. Stuck as in " finishing", but dont finsh
    Also, the amount of time for them to actually finish when they are supposed to be finished, is a joke
    Please get on top of this devs :(
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pm cryptic frost with ur chars name n @ then he can look in to the matter devs u really need to work on bugs instead of adding more
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Devs, when is this going to be fixed? Instead of ignoring it, please be civil and give a response
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Why is this issue still being ignored?
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited November 2014
    This problem still needs attention
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited November 2014
    still needs fixing
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited December 2014
    STILL NEEDS FIXING DEVS, C'MON, IM NOT SPENDING AN ENTIRE DAY WAITING FOR DOFFS AND R&D TO COMPLETE.
    Seems tho, that you have fixed it for a select few having the issue, and broken this for others. 2 or 3 attempts at "fixing " it and all failed because it is still broken.
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Seems the doffs missions finishing have gotten a tad better. But still waiting for them to finish overall. They still not finishing when logged off, and having to wait. When they do finish, they seem to be finishing 3 at a time. So it is a tad better, but still needs improving
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    craig76 wrote: »
    Seems the doffs missions finishing have gotten a tad better. But still waiting for them to finish overall. They still not finishing when logged off, and having to wait. When they do finish, they seem to be finishing 3 at a time. So it is a tad better, but still needs improving

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know the details of what caused the issue, but as far as I know the assignments completing 3 at a time is the fix for the problem. As I understand, it's the best fix that could be implemented for at least the near future.
    STO QA Team