test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doff mission will not complete or abort bug.

Comments

• Options
    cosmos913967cosmos913967 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is it just KDF that this is happening too? My Fed captains aren't seeing this.
  • Options
    durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's the same for me. 1 Sickbay, 18 doff missions, and 4 RND slots are permanently jammed at 'finishing' and have been for approximately a week now. My KDF toon is pretty much useless for doffing except for 2 slots. I am very sad :(
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yup same here all 23 doff slots and 4 rnd stuck at finishing. Stellar fix cryptic. KDf only bug, so we can expect it to be fixed fixed by 2789.

This absolutely blows: Dear QnA get cranking, people that don't log in don't pay your bills. Just once.....FIX it.
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    one of my KDF Rommies also has an assignment stuck on 'finishing'...
  • Options
    pppm6942pppm6942 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is it just KDF that this is happening too? My Fed captains aren't seeing this.

I was only seeing the previous "negative hours" and current "forever finishing" bug on my KDF captain.
  • Options
    seyerjeseyerje Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have the same issue, but mines been like that for at least 4 days now.

I have 18 uncompleted DOFF assignments, that will not complete, instead of displaying the negative time value, it just says finishing, but nothing is finished.

The problem also spread to R&D making it impossible to advance in it.

Its a bigger problem on my romulan character, on my KDF and Fed I seem to have no issues.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I've submitted yet another bug report even submitting a request for help from a GM, so far because I've submitted a report last week with regards to the original bug, I've been fobbed off with some lame excuse stating that its a duplicate ticket. But the way I see it they've patched the original issue and created a second. So I've replied to their response in the strongest possible wording. I'm currently awaiting a response and will post back later. But I think one question needs asking is why are we constantly seeing issues like this crop up? If this was any other company with the amount of faults... no I won't say faults , these are design flaws either way you look at it, heads would be on the chopping block. The QA team has a lot to answer for so do the Dev's for constantly allowing sub standard work to make onto holodeck in the first place.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic misses out on more money from me this week. Not just because of the doffs tho, but because of the disappearing act of weapons fire and other effects, which has been on going since beginning of S9.
    So, what i wouldve given to cryptic, if they fixed these issues, is now going on a brand new ps4 and a few games for it.
    They have missed out from me in the last 2 months heaps of times now. And if everything is still broken when DR releases, they will continue to miss out. Simple.
    Kinda reminds me of the bugs in the defera invasion map, not only they 4 years old now, but the number of bugs is actually increasing there now. Prime example, do the medium run of rescue deferens in the power plant, there is only one good spot that resets to allow you to continue, thats 1 out 4, even then, to get that one you have to change instance cause chances are, you are on a well populated instance and that one, all 4 is bugged and wont let you rescue any deferens

But, no point in having a cxp weekend when WE CAN'T EVEN COMPLETE THEM TO BEGIN WITH!!!

How about they stop for now with delta rising and fix 4 years worth of bugs? Then i might give them my money again
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Is there any response from Cryptic since today's patch?
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Be careful you don't want to question why things still aren't fixed or the developers QA/QC competence you risk a forum ban.

Just post: Still broke for me. *walks away*
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im not really questioning them, im more making a statement, basically being growing tired of seein so many bugs.
    I can see they are tryin to fix the issue with the doffs, but they coulda tried more by trying another patch today, specially bein cxp weekend.
    If i was in charge, i would put delta rising on hold and work on fixing heaps of bugs. But, im not so i cant :)
    But i think this would make so many of us happy, i would be one.
    New content is nice an all, but fixing countless bugs would be nicer.....thats all im tryin to say :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Okay, had one character Zimma@Malkarris stuck since before the patch and is still stuck on several doff missions.

http://i.imgur.com/QsbxSwO.jpg

Now another character has had all 20 doff missions stuck. Kobobo@Malkarris

http://i.imgur.com/8eS7aeQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v2kMq4n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lNs5khi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v5Nnom2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UaIVPrG.jpg

Both have a sick bay mission stuck as well, I'm beginning to think that is the problem.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    my fed and klingon both seem to finish fine on my rommy tho I am still stuck have 20 missions waiting to finish and all 3 of my RnD mission slots are doing the same
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I read in another thread it's the Respond To Subordinate Challenge mission that is causing the doff jam . It's one of my missions that is stuck. Is that true, because I have it for my KDF Rom's available mission list and don't want to accept it if it's the cause.
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm experiencing the same bug with "finishing" doff missions. Just came back and started a new toon; I was really looking forward to the doff weekend and playing with this new character as it's the only one that could really use this. the timing is aggravating and I'm really disappointed to hear it could be exclusive to KDF side because that probably continues to place it at the bottom of the, "things to do" list.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    wetoddtedwetoddted Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My klingon has 19 doff missions and 4 R&D missions 5 days overdue. Sent bug report few days ago and again last night. I also have 2 offers on the DL exchange that I tried to cancel, but get message that says "internal server error."
  • Options
    icesavagenorthicesavagenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have 11 missions stuck. It started with " Respond To Subordinate Challenge" and now encompasses multiple missions.

This is a major enjoyment turnoff.
  • Options
    arcanomancer2karcanomancer2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also have a character with never-ending doff missions.

Character name: Tehis@Archmagestiv
    Missions started Monday, 8/11/2014.
    20 missions with durations of "Finishing"
    I have 2 slots that are functional.
    I believe the extra slots are from a sick bay assignment and a confined to quarters assignment

I submitted a bug report through the game interface on 8/13/14.

I requested GM help today (8/15), but they referred me to this forum and instructed me to file a bug report as well as reprimanding me for using the GM support system inappropriately. My ticket incident number is 140815-001855.

I'd also be okay to just wipe the assignments.

My R&D slots are also locked up because of this.
  • Options
    hoemschipoemschhoemschipoemsch Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do the research with another char who usually doesn't have any more duty officer assignments - all are finished - but since last patch I can't see the time, same as you have - duration: finishing - since thursday ....
    I also can't do any more assignments - especcialy colonisation. It's horrible not to be able to cancel any more. I hope that can be fixed, soon.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also have a character (KDF) who has 20 projects, all in 'finishing' state, but not finishing. Before the fix for this they were still counting into the negatives. Now they just sit there lying to me. They are certainly not finishing.
  • Options
    rectiirectii Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I, too, am having the exact same problem on my KDF character. All my assignments are locked up, claiming 'Finishing'...unable to abort any of them, including my R&D assignments. Character name:
    Tong 'Chel@rectii
    The Game itself is nothing. The playing of it...? Everything !!
  • Options
    rambostorambosto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still ongoing issue, for both doffs and R&D.
    Working on it is really lame information.
    What is the timeline to implement a fix?

Even customer service just sends us to this page and state we are working on it...

No workaround information also...
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I currently have 14 doff assignments that are stuck 'finishing', and have been for over a week.

I could kind of put up with 1 or 2 as a little annoying, but 14 is a bit silly!
    animated.gif
  • Options
    iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sick Bay assignment won't complete on one of my characters, so it would appear that the bug surrounding this mission still has not been resolved. It's not getting into negative completion time, but it's stuck on "Finishing."

ETA: Mission did eventually complete, although it took several minutes, and there were no other missions completing in the queue ahead of it. Resolved right after I picked up the Exocomp doff on that character, actually, but I'm pretty sure that was just a coincidence.
  • Options
    memworldmemworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I noticed it is stuck on the Sick Bay mission as well. Looking at the doffs the auto finder used, there are two prisoners selected for that mission. Is this normal?

Wondering if this is the cause.
  • Options
    demaltzenburgerzdemaltzenburgerz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have the same problem, despite the "fix." I have a total of 21 combined missions and research projects stuck on "finishing" that abort won't even stop. :(
  • Options
    faruxfarux Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a problem about DO assigtment. it shows only one character. There are 18 DO assingment finished but they are still "in progress" button. i sent ticket to GM and waiting
  • Options
    faruxfarux Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i have same problem. Char name:faruk@farux.
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are a lot of topics about this, and it sucks
  • Options
    valastsarranvalastsarran Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    Now I have come down with this bug as well. Lots of missions simply state "Finishing" and it's been over an hour since I logged in ... now my R&D projects are also stuck on "Finishing" with no end in sight ... will this bug ever be quashed?