test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doff mission will not complete or abort bug.

1235»

Comments

• myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm not a programmer, so I don't know the details of what caused the issue, but as far as I know the assignments completing 3 at a time is the fix for the problem. As I understand, it's the best fix that could be implemented for at least the near future.

I don't remember what the "assignments finish on a five-second delay timer" was meant to fix (a connectivity problem or something?) but that behavior was working as intended but inconvenient. In light of the feedback they've pushed it to completing in batches of three spaced five seconds apart which is meant as a compromise between what the behavior is fixing and what it breaks. My experience with it lately feels like it's close enough since even a fully decked-out character can't have more than 28 (I think) missions running at once, unless you've had some sort of horrible streak of injuries - so it'll never take more than a minute (actually more like 45 seconds but whatever) to complete them. You can fiddle with rep or your fleet or something while you wait.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    IIRC Borticus said the old way assignments all finished at once was causing a large amount of server load on maps that had a lot of people on them, and spacing out the assignment completion was meant to reduce this. He also said he'd look in to whether that could be sped up a bit. Not long after that, the assignments began completing three at a time, so I figured that was the compromise worked out between convenience and server loads. Seems reasonable to me.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I'm not a programmer, so I don't know the details of what caused the issue, but as far as I know the assignments completing 3 at a time is the fix for the problem. As I understand, it's the best fix that could be implemented for at least the near future.

I'm happy enough with the three at a time. It's a hell of a lot better than what we had a few weeks back before the shadow patch to change it. That waiting 3-4 seconds between each doff mission turning in was a real pain.
    myrnwyn wrote: »
    I don't remember what the "assignments finish on a five-second delay timer" was meant to fix (a connectivity problem or something?) but that behavior was working as intended but inconvenient. .

If I remember correctly, there was an issue where some people had doff missions running into negative time until completion because too many were trying to complete at the same time and then they wouldn't ever complete.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    myrnwyn wrote: »
    I don't remember what the "assignments finish on a five-second delay timer" was meant to fix (a connectivity problem or something?) but that behavior was working as intended but inconvenient. In light of the feedback they've pushed it to completing in batches of three spaced five seconds apart which is meant as a compromise between what the behavior is fixing and what it breaks. My experience with it lately feels like it's close enough since even a fully decked-out character can't have more than 28 (I think) missions running at once, unless you've had some sort of horrible streak of injuries - so it'll never take more than a minute (actually more like 45 seconds but whatever) to complete them. You can fiddle with rep or your fleet or something while you wait.

Thats all well and fine if you only have a few toons. You try doffing 52 characters. Takes literally hours to do because of the waiting.
    It had nothing to do with loads, it had to do with timers going into negative time and not completing at all, is why this delay was introduced.
    The first "fix", was a fail cause they said they had resolved the problem, second time they "fixed"it, was when they altered the timer readout, from say -5minutes, or -30secnds to "finishing" That was the last time they tried fixing it for quite a while.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited January 2015
    If I remember correctly, there was an issue where some people had doff missions running into negative time until completion because too many were trying to complete at the same time and then they wouldn't ever complete.

Yeah, that was exactly the problem, it was broken for a handful of people and when they tried fixing it, they broke it for the majority and fixed it for the minority.
    Having trying to doff more than 50 toons a day is a very painful process when it is like this as it is taking literally hours to do them all. Whereas before they broke it on me, it would take half hour to do them all. Thats why i been keeping this thread going, cause its damn painful doing the doffs each day and im sick of it. All this only started at the beginning of season 9 i think it was when they modified the r & d and doffing. That was when it broke
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited January 2015

i might as well just quit doffing then, its too painfully slow doing all my toons, specially when it helps leveling up new toons
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    craig76 wrote: »
    Yeah, that was exactly the problem, it was broken for a handful of people and when they tried fixing it, they broke it for the majority and fixed it for the minority.
    Having trying to doff more than 50 toons a day is a very painful process when it is like this as it is taking literally hours to do them all. Whereas before they broke it on me, it would take half hour to do them all. Thats why i been keeping this thread going, cause its damn painful doing the doffs each day and im sick of it. All this only started at the beginning of season 9 i think it was when they modified the r & d and doffing. That was when it broke

50 toons in half an hour? How fast do you click man!? It takes me about an hour to do my 15 toons.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited January 2015
    50 toons in half an hour? How fast do you click man!? It takes me about an hour to do my 15 toons.

lol. Yeah i think i sliigghhttlly exaggerated there saying half hour :)
    My point was tho, that its taking me nearly triple the amount of time it used to take me to do doffing for the day. Example, say it used to take an hour to do before it was broken, it now takes me about 3 hours, and thats doing half the amount of doffs. Before, i used to fill the slots, now, im down to doing about 5 to 10 doffs per toon as its just taking too painfully long to do all slots on all toons. Essentially, they've killed the doffing :(
    planet-space-sun.jpg