test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doff mission will not complete or abort bug.

woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Even after the latest patch that says they have fixed the problem, I still have a response to a insubordinates challenge that is now into it's 471st hour and I can't get them to throw in the towel either.

http://content.screencast.com/users/WoodyValley/folders/Jing/media/3a5c5c65-d65e-46f9-bcec-85e43a3a9a3f/doff%20mission.png

This is happening on my KDF aligned Reman and I would like them to stop now, they are interrupting other duty officers from doing their duties. Not to mention how difficult it is to get the blood stains out from the targ rug.

Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,629,885.

Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by woodyvalley on

Comments

• iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just want to second this - since the patch this problem is actually WORSE than before. For example, all of my R+D Research projects were showing negative hours for about seven minutes after logging in this evening.

And my EPS conduit project is running on negative two minutes right now.

Edited to add screencap.

2csb6lv.png

Edited again to emphasize that given the extensive timegating associated with crafting, this is pretty game-breaking. :(

Edited again: currently at -22 minutes to completion on what's supposed to be less than a 2 minute project?
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I logged into my KDF character and ended up watching doff assignments complete every 5 seconds or so. All were several hours overdue. This was a first for me. Whatever change went into the patch also seems to affect R&D. Those assignments didn't start completing until after the regular ones did, again, several hours overdue.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I've got two toons on which nothing will complete. So doffing is all but useless to me now. I'm just wondering how this managed to slip by the cryptic team. I've got a nasty feeling that some of my R &D projects will fall victim to this bug come tomorrow morning as well.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    This is a known issue. We're working on a fix. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • fuchsbraufuchsbrau Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm having a similar issue except that my Doffs aren't resolving at all. I've tried waiting them out and I've tried exiting out and reclogging. The abort button doesn't work either. I have 17 assignment slots stuck in negative time. This is on a kdf character.
  • nintholonintholo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same problems: R&D task with -6h left and 8 assignements with negative time occuping slots on my new Romulan char.
  • masssquaredmasssquared Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Never had any issues with assignments completing till it was "fixed".
    All 8 characters have delayed completion times. 1 out of 8 has frozen missions, they will not complete. And the R&D for that character is also frozen and will not finish.
    disappointing.
    I have better things to do with my time and money.
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Never had the issue before. Now I do.
  • billkazbillkaz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here. KDF Character.

6 missions now heading to 20 hours overdue.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, same here. The fix eventually fixed all of the old stuck mission but today I got new stuck missions. Attached are screen shots of every doff mission I currently have running.

http://imgur.com/O2IiPog

http://imgur.com/gP9DjNj

http://imgur.com/fgMzNGa

http://imgur.com/DvPmNmj

I did notice that one of the stuck missions is Sick Bay, so is that part of the problem? I noticed the last time every time the Respond mission was stuck, it was followed by a Sick Bay mission.

Also, some missions are completing after I start them, just not these stuck ones.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

EDIT sorry, forgot to add, this is Zimma@Malkarris
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a known issue. We're working on a fix. Thanks for the reports.

Thanks Mate!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same issue..I log today with my kdf toon and have all completed doff assignments into negative time
  • psychoangeluspsychoangelus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have the same issue, and I second the comment about sick bay. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with doffs and sick bay comes up and I have assignments that are now minus 44 hours!! Doffing is off for now.
  • aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At time of posting, my next assignment will complete in -3days.

All 20 are now in negative complete times and my R&D projects are also finished but I can't complete.

I read somewhere about abort button doesn't work either, but haven't tried this myself.

Anyone found the culprit or a workaround? A few fleet mates have solved it by map moving apparently, this hasn't worked for me though. As far as I know it's only one character but haven't check any of my other characters recently.
  • sthom1968sthom1968 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same problem, also with a KDF character. Both my R&D slots are still "finishing" with a time to competion of -1 day, 4 hours or so. 11 of my 20 assignments are also stalled, at anything up to -44 hours so far. I'm going to try letting them all run into negative time without starting any new ones, while leaving the character logged in and passive as much as possible (currently sitting on the bridge, watching the stars). Will report back if this has any effect.
  • exelpretexelpret Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes this is getting way out of hand... :( It acualy ruins the game for me.. my duty officers are stuck on these missions so I cant play until this problem is solved.. We are 6 friends now with the same issue.. This may be a game breaking bug for us, maybe time to find an other game to play..

Adding a screen of my missions ATM going on 49 HOURS !!

http://i.imgur.com/WXffy6i.png
  • psychoangeluspsychoangelus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone have anything more than "we are working on it"? Is there a timescale? This is getting very restrictive!
    edited August 2014
    YES ! Finaly update tomorrow :D

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18603291

General:

Resolved an issue which was causing many Romulan Duty Officers assignments from not starting.
    An example would be Romulan Evaluate Bridge Officer Candidate Assignments.
    All Mark rewardpacks now unpack upon pick up.
    These can no longer be stacked in the player’s inventory.
    Currently, this does not apply Mark Boxes which allow a choice of Marks upon opening the box.
    The Duty Officer Mission cooldown on Star Cluster contacts has been reduced from 20 hours down to 4 hours.
    Updated Khazan Cluster missions so that they should give credit to the Khazan exploration accolades.
    Resolved an issue causing Aegis Engines and Shields to require multiple Aegis items equipped to get their full bonuses.
    Resolved an issue causing a negative time amount will appear when a Duty Officer mission is completing.
    Motivation: The description now correctly says it lasts 12 seconds

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY :-D

EDIT : NOT happy happy happy :(:( did NOT work, no fix only thing they canged was the took out the counter..
    still reads as next to finish in - 5 days now...

Thats it, no more zen for me, no more of my money for you crypto.. From now on, I dont support you any more.
  • hoemschipoemschhoemschipoemsch Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The duty officer assignments don't end on one of my chars
    kuapa'a@hoemschipoemsch
    I know, that you already know about that bugs, but now they are in with over minus 100 hours - and I can't even abort them.
    Can you please kill them from the list, so I can start them again - or force them to finish? There are a lot of colonization assignments I can't do any more

thx

mona
  • nymysys1nymysys1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Before the patch I had one KDF character with 8 DOFF missions with timers counting up, and 4 research projects stuck at finishing.

Now, all 8 DOFF missions are stuck at finishing along with the four research projects.

I will give it another five minutes or so before submitting another ticket about it.

EDIT: Still no change after at least five minutes. If it helps, while the individual mission timers are gone, the "Next Assignment completes in" timer on the overview is still counting up, as well as the corresponding counter in the research summary.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same thing here.
    I cant believe i will have to wait for another 7 days for fix :mad:
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same on my kdf toon,doff assignments and R&D project still bugged and not completed after patch..Good work Cryptic
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't even abort the ones stuck

Why did it have to be this way
    edited August 2014
    Ok so my doff missions have gone from displaying completion in negative hours some of which were over 130hrs to simply saying "Finishing". Well done cryptic another half baked fix that hasn't worked! Instead of fixing the symptom, why not fix the root cause? which happened to be the Aug 7th patch.

edited August 2014
    Well done Cryptic " golf clap" ....

Im not waiting 7 more days for this to be fixed, if this is not fixed today, me and my crew will go play something else. ( Not made by Cryptic ) Waste of time and money.....
    edited August 2014
    exelpret wrote: »
    Well done Cryptic " golf clap" ....

Im not waiting 7 more days for this to be fixed, if this is not fixed today, me and my crew will go play something else. ( Not made by Cryptic ) Waste of time and money.....
    I'll be leaving as well!

• sthom1968sthom1968 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same. KDF toon now with 2 R&D slots and 16 of 19 assignments shown as "finishing". Some of them have been "finishing" for 3+ DAYS. No way to abort. This isn't funny, and a half-baked, unprofessional "fix" isn't helping, all it seems to have done is change it from having a comedy timer "- complete in -72 hours" etc - to just "finishing", without actually fixing the problem. A cosmetic change is not a solution. Going back to SW:ToR I think, at least that works.
  • cosmos913967cosmos913967 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Patch didn't help me either. Instead of negative time countdowns it just says finishing on the 10+ stuck. Doffs and 3 r&d. As noted before the overview tab is still showing negative time to completion.

If this goes another week it's getting very frustrating.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, 19 DOFF assignments and all 4 R&D assignments completely locked out. Kind of a low blow that it's going on during a bonus weekend.
  • rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm in the same boat on my KDF toon. 14 missions that will not complete (marked "Finishing") and 3 R&D research projects that won't complete (0 dil to finish). This has been going on since last Sunday. Considering that it takes 11 days to go up a single level in R&D (now that he's level 10) I'm very disappointed that I've lost 4 days of research.

Also a little displeased that, as my Klingon is the only toon I have that hasn't maxed the Doff system, that I'm virtually locked out of it for the CXP weekend.

I'm not going to threaten to quit or anything, but I would ask that this be given top priority and fixed as soon as possible, even if it means an unscheduled maintenance downtime. Players who are experiencing this bug have lost a great deal of time and resources and it would be very unfortunate if we have to wait until next Thursday to get fix.
    lljAN7v.png