What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Intelligence File - Delta Quadrant Species

Comments

• Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People complain when we have no story content but now that we get story content and lore people complain. The circle of life eh

I am not complaining. I find it hilarious the Cryptic gave us three useless blogs after the whole Las Vegas weekend. None of the blogs addressed any concertn players have or had.

I find this to be like dangling a banana while telling us. There is something new coming repeatedly.
  • Options
    smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please tell me we don't have to deal with nelix. please...
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There is something wrong with it... I am cleared for Vice Admiral information, yet the system says "Restricted"...

I am very disappointed in Starfleet Intelligence... I intend to have a chat with Quinn about this.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    T-minus 3 minutes until you see the great work that Trendy has been creating.

It's going to be a continuing theme leading all the way up to X2, so sit back, relax, and get ready to do some reading about some very special members of the STU that are about to get a lot of lerv.

~CaptainSmirk

So no info we want/need till X2, or are you going to do it like 9.5 that we could open the lock-boxes but didn't had a blog on what was in there ? Till 1 day later ?

Will be back when we get some info...
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Some people just refuse to sit back and enjoy things.

I found them to be excellent. Slowly getting tidbits of what we're going to find when we get to the Delta Quadrant. Good stuff.
    I did too, great job on the blog, Trendy, really nice work you did on it.
    I am not complaining. I find it hilarious the Cryptic gave us three useless blogs after the whole Las Vegas weekend. None of the blogs addressed any concertn players have or had.

I find this to be like dangling a banana while telling us. There is something new coming repeatedly.
    You are complaining. You're complaining because you're not getting the information you're wanting (like everyone else), it's just that some of the player base is patient enough to wait for that information to come to us... Perhaps you should at least try to wait for the information, instead of calling this particular blog as useless.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014

Of course they won't give us everything at once.. This isn't anything new, this is just like what happened with Legacy of Romulus. We get more a little at a time.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Laughing out loud. I don't know if the blog was meant to be serious or another laughing joke.
    You don't have to like it, but that disrespect is very unnecessary.
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Of course they won't give us everything at once.. This isn't anything new, this is just like what happened with LoR blogs. We get more and more little at a time.

That's you. I want more details
  • Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    how about giving us usefiul info and then giving us the fluff that is nice to read ? atm no one is interested in the rp blogs and all you're gonna get is negative posts until we get answers to the questions most of us have.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    You don't have to like it, but that disrespect is very unnecessary.

Some people are just miserable bastages.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    gendou#6914 gendou Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is this completely broken for anyone else?

All of the images are broken, and when I try to go to one directly, I get a 400 Gateway Error. :(
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Then do yourself a favor and wait for it.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    There is something wrong with it... I am cleared for Vice Admiral information, yet the system says "Restricted"...

I am very disappointed in Starfleet Intelligence... I intend to have a chat with Quinn about this.

Its not their fault. When old Egg turned out to be an infiltrator he torched the old decryption hardware so the decryption is being done on whatever they had leftover - an old 20th century ZX81

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xangen wrote: »
    Is this completely broken for anyone else?

All of the images are broken, and when I try to go to one directly, I get a 400 Gateway Error. :(

Make an agressive cleaning of your cache...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited August 2014

How do you know if the details you're interested in are even done? They've done this before where they gave early announcements about stuff and then had to go change it either because of technical limitations or executive orders.

Be patient. There's TWO MONTHS until Delta Rising comes out. You'll get your information when its ready to be released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seskas child = new leader of the Kazon

Edited to take the H out of Kazon lol
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Recently, word has come out of the Delta Quadrant about the rising power of the Kazon-Nistrim. This clan has a new leader, who overthrew Maje Culluh to take control. This maje is hungry for power and eager to make a name for himself. He also appears to be more cunning and intelligent than most Kazon.

Hmmm... Culluh overthrown by his half Cardassian son?

Also, lulz at even Cryptic admitting that the Kazon are only a threat in large numbers.

EDIT: NINJA'D. =(
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    T-minus 3 minutes until you see the great work that Trendy has been creating.

It's going to be a continuing theme leading all the way up to X2, so sit back, relax, and get ready to do some reading about some very special members of the STU that are about to get a lot of lerv.

~CaptainSmirk

It would be great if all this backstory stuff would all be condensed into one big post so we can move on to what we're interested in.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well at least that clears that up, the ingame kazon have gotten weak, but are now zerglings instead. interesting, looks like in this case zipagat got his or her point.

the ocampa i expected to have space capability, no way they could survive on tatooine.

the talaxians, will have to see how thats handled.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Ocampans’ prodigious mental abilities help the gentle species survive, but these were mostly undeveloped during the generations spent in the Caretaker’s city. Kes, away from home, rapidly developed her mental talents until they grew so great she transformed into a being of pure energy and left Voyager. It is not known if this is an ability all Ocampans possess, or if her adventures unlocked unknown talents.

Starfleet has had no contact with the Ocampan homeworld since 2376, so it is unclear what the situation is there now. However, since the late-2370s some Ocampans have been travelling in Kes’s footsteps...
    Kes returned home in the 'Voyager' episode "Fury"; therefore, she was able to help the Ocampans evolve.

According to the original storyline, the Ocampans naturally obtain telepathic abilities. However, only a very few Ocampans live long to see them evolve.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's very nicely done. Good job Trendy! But the amount of additional information, things we didn't know yet, is rather minimal.
  • Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Seskas child = new leader of the Khazon

That's the exact thought that i had as well
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well at least that clears that up, the ingame kazon have gotten weak, but are now zerglings instead. interesting, looks like in this case zipagat got his or her point.

the ocampa i expected to have space capability, no way they could survive on tatooine.

Kazon only looked strong because they were up against a long range exploration vessel......
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The only thing about the dairy queen species I care about is how many I'll have to murder to get the new accolades.
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Talaxian ground trait:

Prattle: Your inane ramblings about cooking and other races' strange foibles mean anyone you talk to are stupendously bored and/or irritated.

Away team accuracy reduced by 50%.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Seskas child = new leader of the Khazon
    Seska's child would have physical traits of a Khazon and Cardassian.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Talaxian ground trait:

Prattle: Your inane ramblings about cooking and other races' strange foibles mean anyone you talk to are stupendously bored and/or irritated.

Away team accuracy reduced by 50%.

Neelix will also grant a covert/stealth debuff of -100% because you can smell him coming from sectors away.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nicely written, and informative. Nice to see the Talaxian and Kazon ships.

Downsides? The Kazon do not appear to have their own outfit, instead relying on some of the basic Federation and Romulan gear, such as Shirt Basic and the Romulan Survivor Scarf (yes, I know what they are just by looking - i'm an outfits kind of gent). Also no word in the blog as to whether these species will be playable (or be acquirable as Boffs) and their ships acquirable (Yes, I know. Talaxian and Kazon Lockboxes confirmed).

Most disappointing thing? There are five more of these. So as interesting as they are, that's five days before we get any chance of getting information on the Upgrade system and it's prices.

Le sigh.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Most disappointing thing? There are five more of these. So as interesting as they are, that's five days before we get any chance of getting information on the Upgrade system and it's prices.

Who said they're all coming out one after another? it could be a multi week thing with more blogs inbetween.

Also they can post more then one blog a day you know, they've done it before.