Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Intelligence File - Delta Quadrant Species

Comments

• Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Woah dude, you is so negative when you enter a room people say "Who left?"

this quote i shall most certainly try to remember *stands up and claps* very good!
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Have posted this before, but seesms even more relevant now!

Delta Quadrant Lock Box:
    When opened emits a cloud of foul gas, iritating anyone nearby and causing general rage in Zone Chat. 70% chance of causing numerous players to either beam out or swap instance.

Chance to win DQ DOFF pack, with a chance to win:
    [purple] Malon DOFF with 98% chance to reduce warp core performance.

Talaxian Stew - Effect: When placed alongside other food stuffs has the effect of making the food so indigestable Tribbles refuse to touch them - protects food in storage from Tribbles

Added stuff in RED

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    +1

I like these lore posts. Good work.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    rhiwaow1rhiwaow1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i liked this - although it lacks details about the stuff that happened since voy.
    however, it seems that this might be released with later updates. i just wish for a dossier this size for each of the factions we'll encounter - hopefully to be added to the library computer as well (which could receive a section on all known species)
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People complain when we have no story content but now that we get story content and lore people complain. The circle of life eh

yup, it does however present some of us with 2 paths of interest..

1. a progressive storyline delivered in something resembling realtime, which will
    pique our curiosity and increase our interest and expectation up to going live.

2. will really annoy the now now now everything now instant gratification crowd
    who will troll and whine and privide many hours of interesting funnery pokery
    between official posts.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Nicely written, and informative. Nice to see the Talaxian and Kazon ships.

Downsides? The Kazon do not appear to have their own outfit, instead relying on some of the basic Federation and Romulan gear, such as Shirt Basic and the Romulan Survivor Scarf (yes, I know what they are just by looking - i'm an outfits kind of gent). Also no word in the blog as to whether these species will be playable (or be acquirable as Boffs) and their ships acquirable (Yes, I know. Talaxian and Kazon Lockboxes confirmed).

Most disappointing thing? There are five more of these. So as interesting as they are, that's five days before we get any chance of getting information on the Upgrade system and it's prices.

Le sigh.

Actually I'd peg the Talaxian ship as being like the Tuffli and Suliban cell-ship so it won't get its own lock box, just a very rare chance dropping when opening whatever the next special DOFF pack that gets released is.

Personally I'm betting it's going to be either a Delta Quadrant DOFF pack or a crafting DOFF pack, possibly/probably both.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Something appears to be wrong.

I logged in and only accessed the ensign level data.

I am a Vice Admiral.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Something appears to be wrong.

I logged in and only accessed the ensign level data.

I am a Vice Admiral.

They don't explain it very well. The "ensign" level thing is just that this is the first update. Later "levels" will be revealed as time goes on.

So their use of rank is understandable confusing.

But it's not bugged. It's working "as intended."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But the Veruca Salt method is so effective.

You guys are KILLING it with the updates! Four new entries! And so much relevant and substantive information contained within! I'd say I can't wait for the next update, but really, with all the meat and potatoes you've given, I'm not sure I need anything else.

4 updates in, and I'm not even sure what you could possible cover in the other 36.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I loved reading and seeing this. The details on them are really great. And look forward to the expansion and to make new friends.

I may have to buy more BOFF slots to add some to my crew.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Attention!

With Delta Rising on the horizon, Starfleet Command has begun releasing security briefings on some of the species you will encounter in our expansion. This week, Ensign Level Access has been unlocked, revealing details on the Talaxians, Kazon, and Ocampans. You can find links to the intelligence briefing on these species in our Starfleet Intelligence report found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007573

As more Access Levels are unlocked, we will be updating this security file. Stay tuned for information on more species that you'll encounter!

~LaughingTrendy

Very cool, much appreciated!

:)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Using Chrome and all the images are broken. Cleared the entire cache and everything.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There is, indeed, very brief intelligence in STO.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    auric2000 wrote: »
    Using Chrome and all the images are broken. Cleared the entire cache and everything.

Then use Internet Explorer!

Back on topic, nice and informative. I like it :)
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    yakoov5yakoov5 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    *posts patch notes for tomorrow*

Nerf everything.

:D

All hands; Battlestations! Set weapons to HEAVY NERF! :cool:
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    auric2000 wrote: »

I have Chrome and at first the images were broken but when I deactivated the Pop-up blocker I was using, it worked. Loved the lore in that blog. Hope that helps. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,832 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wait a waste of server space? Not in the least interested in these species.

Are we getting Hirogens, Voth or something like that realm? So far so boring IMO...then again still would play just due to boredom :eek:
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    edited August 2014
    maxxina wrote: »
    Nope, just tons and tons of BACON . ( wawe to TACO )

YES TO BACON!!! WE WANT BACON IN THIS GAME!!!!!! :D:eek::mad::D:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    maxxina wrote: »
    Nope, just tons and tons of BACON . ( wawe to TACO )

YES TO BACON!!! WE WANT BACON IN THIS GAME!!!!!! :D:eek::mad::D

(Hmmm, why did it post twice?...)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    To those of you people who are essentially saying that cryptic is revealing information to slowly, I say the following:

If your Federation: There's this ancient thing called Patience.

If your Klingon: There's a saying; "You can't stalk a targ if you're in a hurry."

If your Romulan: Aehuus'le! (http://www.rihan.org/drupal/dictionary/p)
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    [JEOPARODY]

I'll take "Forum posts that land you on Dateline," Alex.
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Must be a really big reveal.

My body is ready, Trendy.
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I would eat a baby.
    Hey, there is something to be said about a species that lives 9 years and whose females can only get knocked up once.
    alonar wrote: »
    The only thing about the dairy queen species I care about is how many I'll have to murder to get the new accolades.

[/JEOPARODY]

:D

Oh, and thanks for the lore posts, those are pretty neat. Unfortunately, many of us are distracted by the STLV info and the lack of details about said info, rather than just enjoying the backstory and context that were well made in and of themselves. This is probably what should've been mentioned at STLV, while Level 60/Tier 6/Mk XIV should have been mentioned later. Next time; for now, maybe some gameplay details?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And here I thought we're actually getting some meaningful news today after Trendy hyped it all up... oh well.

Also, "Ocampans" --- the Trekkie in me cried.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Attention!

With Delta Rising on the horizon, Starfleet Command has begun releasing security briefings on some of the species you will encounter in our expansion. This week, Ensign Level Access has been unlocked, revealing details on the Talaxians, Kazon, and Ocampans. You can find links to the intelligence briefing on these species in our Starfleet Intelligence report found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007573

As more Access Levels are unlocked, we will be updating this security file. Stay tuned for information on more species that you'll encounter!

~LaughingTrendy

I clicked your link! Do I win a cookie?

For Ensign Level access I see an image with Neelix, Kes, and an alien woman that looks familiar, done up as NPC models.

Please tell me we're gonna have the actor reprise his role as Neelix. I loved Neelix on Voyager. <3

Or at least tell me we're gonna get Kes's and/or Nelix's Outfits to purchase from the c-store. :)

When I click the image it takes me to the Intelligence Briefing, which has little text and gives out no information about any specific species. WTF? What is the point of even having these dev blogs? Either tell us something or don't. :( Unless there are hidden easter eggs that give hints of what's to come. ;)
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    Starfleet intelligence sucks. They didn't even see the undine threat.
    I bet the romulans have the quadrant all mapped out.

The words Starfleet and Intelligence put together is so Rhetorical lol :D
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    +50% chance on away team missions of loosing his lungs, girlfriend, or existence as a transporter-Vulcan-meshed-self

You're the best. :D
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The words Starfleet and Intelligence put together is so Rhetorical lol :D

'Investigate rumors of [player] Intelligence'
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I clicked your link! Do I win a cookie?

For Ensign Level access I see an image with Neelix, Kes, and an alien woman that looks familiar, done up as NPC models.

Please tell me we're gonna have the actor reprise his role as Neelix. I loved Neelix on Voyager. <3

Or at least tell me we're gonna get Kes's and/or Nelix's Outfits to purchase from the c-store. :)

When I click the image it takes me to the Intelligence Briefing, which has little text and gives out no information about any specific species. WTF? What is the point of even having these dev blogs? Either tell us something or don't. :( Unless there are hidden easter eggs that give hints of what's to come. ;)
    At the very bottom, there should be a "Next Page" icon to help you navigate, but I grabbed the links for you anyways in case it wasn't showing up.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007793
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007813
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007803
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    +50% chance on away team missions of loosing his lungs, girlfriend, or existence as a transporter-Vulcan-meshed-self

What about those of us who already are Vulcans?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    There is, indeed, very brief intelligence in STO.
    https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/499703806808969217/photo/1
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At the very bottom, there should be a "Next Page" icon to help you navigate, but I grabbed the links for you anyways in case it wasn't showing up.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007793
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007813
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007803

I'M BLIND! :eek: