What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Intelligence File - Delta Quadrant Species

Comments

• Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would love to see a female and/or male Ocampan playable character.
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Most disappointing thing? There are five more of these. So as interesting as they are, that's five days before we get any chance of getting information on the Upgrade system and it's prices.

Le sigh.

Um, try more like a month. That's a system that's probably not even completed yet. Seriously, 2 more months of work before they're ready to launch. Give them time to actually have it nailed down instead of demanding it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well at least that clears that up, the ingame kazon have gotten weak, but are now zerglings instead. interesting, looks like in this case zipagat got his or her point.

the ocampa i expected to have space capability, no way they could survive on tatooine.

the talaxians, will have to see how thats handled.

Just to clarify, I am a man.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Who said they're all coming out one after another? it could be a multi week thing with more blogs inbetween.

Also they can post more then one blog a day you know, they've done it before.

I am aware. The point i'm getting at is, as ever, arguably the most important issue on the table still hasn't been addressed, and doesn't like it's going to be any time soon.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Um, try more like a month. That's a system that's probably not even completed yet. Seriously, 2 more months of work before they're ready to launch. Give them time to actually have it nailed down instead of demanding it now.

But the Veruca Salt method is so effective.
  • Options
    necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great job!
    A good mix of refresher for those familiar with Voyager, and an introduction for those who are not.
    I also think the episode suggestions was a really slick touch.

Time to go stream some netflix :D
    Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    sethpcsethpc Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Captain Smirk? more like Captain Snark, amirite?

... *sigh* I know my way to the brig.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am aware. The point i'm getting at is, as ever, arguably the most important issue on the table still hasn't been addressed, and doesn't like it's going to be any time soon.

2 months until release. They may not have it nailed down how it is going to work yet so they cannot write a blog about it.

Have some patience.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Talaxian ground trait:

Prattle: Your inane ramblings about cooking and other races' strange foibles mean anyone you talk to are stupendously bored and/or irritated.

Away team accuracy reduced by 50%.

Survival Non-expert: Team damage resistance and max health reduced by 50%. (Neelix - the "Survival Expert" - DID get a man eaten in Basics)
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Something like that should have been nailed down ages ago. It was guaranteed to rub players the wrong way when it was first announced. Even a simple statement of intent coupled with a "subject to change" disclaimer would have gone a long way towards reducing the outcry from players that accompanied the original announcement.

Am I somehow in the wrong to be passionate about this issue?

What can I say; i'm a Born Entertainer.

But yeah; may have deserved that one.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So... should people be angry that the Talaxains get to have proper skins, yet the Liberated Borg still can't get anything beyond the head? I just figured that as a Playable Race you can only get by paying $300, would qualify them for a little special attention. More so since we're going to be going INTO Borg space with this arc, and meeting the Borg Cooperative. Even the non-lifers can use the infected skin, yet it's visually appalling that those who have been using the infected skin can't wear any open uniforms, or any of the Risa gear, or even have their hands exposed since there is no skin tone even close enough to make up for the lack that it's a head only skin.

And yet, here they are.... Those smug Talaxian jerks, with their smug little spots...

If we're going to be able to go into borg space, as well as having Borg missions/contacts/zones for the Cooperative/Collective/or even that commune that Chakotay befriended, then please Cryptic, PLEASE make the Borg skins and complexions full body. Those who paid for the Liberated Captains would appreciate it. Those who bought the Liberated Boffs would as well, and considering that the Infected Complexion is open for the free users, they would benefit from making it a full body skin as well.

People have paid for the Borg skins, so please make them full body. Don't let the Talaxians NPC's be better than the Borg players.
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Something like that should have been nailed down ages ago. It was guaranteed to rub players the wrong way when it was first announced. Even a simple statement of intent coupled with a "subject to change" disclaimer would have gone a long way towards reducing the outcry from players that accompanied the original announcement.

Am I somehow in the wrong to be passionate about this issue?

Unfortunately, yes. Because this was the operating procedure of Cryptic a few years ago. When things change, that causes worse backlash then keeping them in the dark sadly.

Besides, even if the basic premise is nailed down, how it functions is going to be tweaked right up until the end. 2 months of development cycle is alot of work. The UI might not be completed. They may not have stats for all the different types of ships. They may still be determining what powers certain types of ships get because the first choice was either overpowered or vastly underpowered. They could be hitting a brick wall today because one piece of code isnt working preventing the whole system from working.

With 2 months to go, they might not even have a working alpha right now. They'll announce when its set it stone and they know its going to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I look forward to having my Avenger rip the kazon to shreds while I laugh and gain strange cravings for bacon. "fire the Bacon Torpedoes"
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    sethpc wrote: »
    Captain Smirk? more like Captain Snark, amirite?

... *sigh* I know my way to the brig.

LoL

Actually, that is my Mirror Universe name :)

Now enjoy your vacation in the brig.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nicely written, and informative. Nice to see the Talaxian and Kazon ships.

Downsides? The Kazon do not appear to have their own outfit, instead relying on some of the basic Federation and Romulan gear, such as Shirt Basic and Survivor Scarf (yes, I know what they are just by looking - i'm an outfits kind of gent). No word in the blog as to whether these species will be playable (or be acquirable as Boffs) and their ships acquirable (Yes, I know. Talaxian and Kazon Lockboxes confirmed).

Most disappointing thing? There are five more of these. So as interesting as they are, that's five days before we get any chance of getting information on the Upgrade system and it's prices.

Le sigh.

kazon uniform is not much different in style from the khan uniform, however its not tatty but rather washed out red, purple, black, orange grey and occasionally blue either with patterns or whole color, based on the chosen clothing choice it would asymmetrical with a sort of woolen effect sash going from left shoulder to right side opposite klingon sashes, to the look with what appears to be a sort of animal fur on the shoulders and the inner tunic as almost as if the inside of the tunic was animal skin and fur however other tunics dont have this extravagance, the tunic is sort of long version that hangs out around the knees for some kazon. other kazon they had typically washed out orange sleeveless vests with some wash out brown around the collars, others had more sweated color look after a weeks sweating from a white garment that looks tshirt like and maybe a red small scarf around the neck dpending on where they are.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Survival Non-expert: Team damage resistance and max health reduced by 50%. (Neelix - the "Survival Expert" - DID get a man eaten in Basics)

+50% chance on away team missions of loosing his lungs, girlfriend, or existence as a transporter-Vulcan-meshed-self
  • Options
    bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This part of the blog is causing me great concern:

"Neelix and his wife Dexa have gathered hundreds of Talaxians together to create a community, and that community is expanding. They have great plans for the future, but they may need assistance to see them come to fruition."

I WILL NOT, I REFUSE to help that aggravating, obnoxious, poor-man's Guinan, oversized kitchen rat (credit: Q) with ANYTHING!!! He was hands down the worst thing about Voyager; otherwise an excellent series and my personal favorite. Neelix should have been beamed over to the Caretaker array mere seconds before it blew up (um...Spoiler Alert).

I would rather deal with a space faring race of Season One TNG Wesley clones than do anything with Neelix. Unless it's a mission to kill him off, then I'm game.

On another note; this background info is interesting and all, but can we please get the details on the ship upgrade process? At least while there's enough time to offer constructive feedback with the possibility that it would lead to adjustments deemed mutually beneficial before going live. Then maybe give us the lore filler after that.
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This part of the blog is causing me great concern:

"Neelix and his wife Dexa have gathered hundreds of Talaxians together to create a community, and that community is expanding. They have great plans for the future, but they may need assistance to see them come to fruition."

I WILL NOT, I REFUSE to help that aggravating, obnoxious, poor-man's Guinan, kitchen rat (credit: Q) with ANYTHING!!! He was hands down the worst thing about Voyager; otherwise an excellent series and my personal favorite. Neelix should have been beamed over to the Caretaker array mere seconds before it blew up (um...Spoiler Alert).

I would rather deal with a space faring race of Season One TNG Wesley clones than do anything with Neelix. Unless it's a mission to kill him off, then I'm game.

On another note; this background info is interesting and all, but can we please get the details on the ship upgrade process please? At least while there's enough time to offer constructive feedback with the possibility that it would lead to adjustments deemed beneficial before going live. Then maybe give us the lore filler after that.

trolololololololol.... i could go on, when i saw that point i was smiling from one ear to the next fully expecting this reaction. oh such joy! :D

yeah, neelix is back! and hopefully hes still that sense of wanting to fight and serve ones honor! the klingons would love him being an honorable talaxian and starfleet would like him because hes a likable character who wants to do well and because he was or could still be an ambassador. the romulans wouldnt mind him either. hopefully he creates a leola root soup or angel hair pasta and maybe his neelix coffee :D.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Now to wait for the Holodeck/Tribble patch notes. Usually much more exciting stuff there lately.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can I destroy.. I mean help talaxians, really help them! >:|
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can't wait for more.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Highlight of the blog for me was this...
    The Kazon are the only species that the Borg declined to assimilate.

Declined to assimilate.

DECLINED!

The Borg looked at the Kazon and even they couldn't find a reason for a Kazon drone.

I can just see it now...

A Borg Cube approaches a Kazon ship and the standard Borg hail goes out, "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological (snicker) and technological (pfft) distinctiveness to our own. Your culture BWAA-HA-HA! We can't take it anymore. The Kazon? Seriously? Oh, you are serious. Alrighty then."

Assimilation of the Kazon ship and crew commences.

"You are now 1 of 39, Primary Meat Shield of Unimatrix 91. Your function is to serve as cannon fodder so that the rest of us can analyze the enemies weapons and adapt to them without losing an IMPORTANT Borg drone. Next! You are 2 of 39, Secondary Meat Shield..."

It's either this or...

"You know those new Kazon drones, their hair stinks. Like they haven't washed it in, well, ever. Why did we assimilate them again? Next time, let's just let them go, I mean really. Pee-yew!"

:P
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still no update regarding ships yet
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Starfleet intelligence sucks. They didn't even see the undine threat.
    I bet the romulans have the quadrant all mapped out.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    Starfleet intelligence sucks. They didn't even see the undine threat.
    I bet the romulans have the quadrant all mapped out.

its very possible the romulans have a small amount the southwestern area of the delta quadrant explored, where the transwarp hub was before voyager turned it into slag.
  • Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Explored and half the quadrant interrogated.
    Meanwhile the Feds have restricted files .
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    alexlancosalexlancos Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What a fancy way to announce DR lock boxes, Haakonan ships with uni console Metreon Cascade (more MDW, really all we need, thalaron weapons wasnt deadly enough *sarcams*), new talaxian freighter. Ocampa(finally more doff with telekinetic trait ;P), talaxian, kazon doffs.

Oh and i expect the human and klingon colonies to be ready for our arrival (The 37's colony and Prophecy's klingons colony)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Attention!

With Delta Rising on the horizon, Starfleet Command has begun releasing security briefings on some of the species you will encounter in our expansion. This week, Ensign Level Access has been unlocked, revealing details on the Talaxians, Kazon, and Ocampans. You can find links to the intelligence briefing on these species in our Starfleet Intelligence report found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007573

As more Access Levels are unlocked, we will be updating this security file. Stay tuned for information on more species that you'll encounter!

~LaughingTrendy

But...but, I'm an ADMIRAL! Why am I only being shown/given 'Ensign' level access? Star Fleet IT personnel screwed the pooch again.:eek::D;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."