Install Arc
Options

Zen 161, A new approach to fixing it.

Comments

• Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You have best ideas! *trolling mode off

No seriously, why to try to did something that isnt broken. Its kinda based on real Stock exchange. Its business, and you as a Ferengi should understand it. But seems il be saying this grade alot "Ive been proven wrong too many time on this game"
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Sorry. But you make a lousy Ferengi.
    You're giving Ferengi a bad name.
    I don't sell Zen. I buy Zen. And your plan will make buying Zen harder because the price would be higher for 1 Zen.
    Please learn Economics.
    *Divides by 0*

At this point in time his idea would do nothing but cause dil to plummet for a week and then rocket back up. The problem right now is people are not generally buying much of anything as they are concerned about the value of purchases right now with a pending level increase with X2.

It's basically like a main seawater line rupturing in a ship spilling 2000 gallons a second, and his plans are to head in and fix the problem with a piece of duct tape and a bread-tie to patch up a problem of one of the faucets leaking.. When what one needs to be doing is stopping the source of the problem (ie, alleviating the market concerns so people start engaging in sales again).
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bernatk wrote: »
    Get used to it. That's Crpytic new business strategy. Both in Champions Online and Neverwinter they inflated the f away the change currency of Zen.

In NW there even a backlog for Zen!

While in STO there won't be backlog because of Zen stipend, I suggest to brace yourself for 400+ Zen prices. It won't be pretty. (But! Crpytic has very good games, and very generous F2P matrix tho!)

Cryptic is only involved insofar as providing the market, putting a hard cap of 500x/1 zen, and providing a vehicle to buy zen with real money (C-store).

The rest is player driven.

You really cannot compare Neverwinter with STO or even Champions. Neverwinter's entire player economy (including the exchage) is fueled by astral diamonds (their dilithium equivalent). Gold is almost worthless in that game save to buy potions and profession kits from vendors. Also add in the amount of exchange exploits there were in the past, and you end up with a devalued currency. That is all player driven. More players want zen for astral diamonds than players are putting up on the market. It's simple supply and demand.

There is also the issue of gold selling sites which are rampant in Neverwinter.

STO has has like 4 currencies: Dilithium, EC, marks of various sorts, and latinum. Also add in the gold account zen stipend. This gives you a more fluid economy.

qunlar2020 wrote: »
    Hacky sack tribbles.

I disagree. I loathe tribbles. They are a plague should be removed via exterminatus.

billdun wrote: »
    I couldn't find one.

Hopefully this troll gets IP banned.

Yes because silencing someone you disagree with is always a good idea. :rolleyes:

Bear in mind that the same stick can be applied both ways.

@ OP

I suggested this in your other thread on the dilithium/zen market. Yes, reducing the refining cap is the most effective way to achieve you goal (in the short term). However to make it more effective you need to make an account wide cap, otherwise people will make more characters to farm dilithium (if that is what they are after). You really need to half the current inflow of dilithium to see any real effect. The problem though is that once zen drop beyond a certain point, fewer people will be willing to drop zen into the market because of lower rate of return. Once the zen supply drops, prices will rise. The market is basically self regulating and will balance itself based on supply and demand. You know this.

For the record, I think that dilithium prices are just fine and nothing needs to be done.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Sorry. But you make a lousy Ferengi.
    You're giving Ferengi a bad name.
    I don't sell Zen. I buy Zen. And your plan will make buying Zen harder because the price would be higher for 1 Zen.
    Please learn Economics.
    *Divides by 0*

For all we know, he wants the market to change in a way that would give him more monopoly.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm sorry but are people seriously forgetting when it was in the 300's?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    This seems like a doom thread in disguise. Anyway, even I joined around when F2P started and remember it being much higher. It will just keep floating up since there is no new dil sink.

The R&D system was a ploy by the devs to act like a dil sink, but it didn't work as well as fleet holdings did.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    For all we know, he wants the market to change in a way that would give him more monopoly.

The only thing he can do with how to fix is buying ZEN. He prooly has a huge stockpile od Đil and he just awaits the moment to convert it.
    Know the difference
    pvp? whats dat?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    No it wouldn't. It would increase the prices of all the current dil sinks. (weapons, hangar pets, fleet projects, etc.) and it wouldn't do anyhing about the zen. (it would still take the same number of workdays to get the same amount of zen)

The only way to lower the price of zen is to... Reduce the price of zen.

This is false. The cost of the sinks would remain unchanged. The change would be in the amount of dilithium available for a player to use on said sinks. The price of zen would probably drop a little in the short term, but would return thanks to supply and demand.
  • Options
    pompoulusspompouluss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Decreasing supply would absolutely lower the price.

The problem is the price lowered in such a way stays the same relative to the size of now-shrunken coffers, thus doing nothing to ease the burden placed on the working man. In the meantime ingame items that cost Dilithium stay exactly the same price, despite the fact that people will have less Dilithium to spend on them. It seems like a lose/lose to me for everyone but those fabulously wealthy individuals that may already have a large amount of Dilithium stockpiled.

Those people will presumably hold onto their stockpiles and watch as their wealth relative to other players skyrockets.

For an extremely wealthy person to advocate such a course of action seems maliciously self serving, not that I'm accusing anybody here of such a thing.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, you're insane.

Go play Cryptic's other titles like CO, where it's currently 375:1 (where it's a pain to get their version of Dilithium by doing dailies, and nobody complains), or NW, where it has been at 500:1 for MONTHS (the max) with MILLIONS of their Dilithium in the queue to sell.

Then again, in NW, Cryptic did a fantastic job breaking the economy outright with some of their changes. Also the entire economy is based around their Dil because you need it for everything including their auction house.

Again, you have no idea the repercussions you're asking for.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    foundrelic wrote: »
    I'm sorry but are people seriously forgetting when it was in the 300's?

Probably.... the memory of a fish.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I disagree. I think that an 8000 dil limit per day becomes a big burden to people.

They can get say, 6000, but that extra 2k haunts them, because they know others are getting it, are getting ahead of them.

Its hard for any person to deny that it would be better for the dil grinder if he didnt have to pay so much dil for each zen. This workingman, as it is best to think of him, is the salt of the earth in this game.

Cash money millionaires pay him poverty wages when they buy zen to trade him at such a confiscatory rate. We need to think of him, of his toils.

As a side benefit, this could spur people to make more characters. Each additional character would be an additional 6000 refined dil per day.

Isn't it time to LESSEN THE BURDEN on those among us who are burdened the most?

I sure hope this is supposed to be a serious topic, and if so than do what I do, and do not pay the higher cost.

Wait till the market fluctuates back down, it is that simple.

Yes it make take some time, but it will happen like it always does.

The 3 biggest reasons this market goes up, and down.

1: Zen seller's no longer in need of large quantities of dilithium.

2: Dilithium farmer's using large sums of toons, floods market with dilithium, causing an influx on value.

3: New items/content/etc. on the way, so seller's of zen do as so many other's do, inflate the market price to benefit, remember the bit about EC's supply & demand, well same applies here.

Now granted there are technically more than 3 reasons, but these 3 are usually the biggest factors, and even though I myself do not enjoy increased price for zen, it isn't something I, nor you can really control, and like I mentioned when I see prices go up, I myself do not buy, instead I become a seller.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    The only thing he can do with how to fix is buying ZEN. He prooly has a huge stockpile od Đil and he just awaits the moment to convert it.

He posted the assets of 2 of his characters in another thread.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Wow im psychic! But why cant I predict when im going to play an STF with bunch of spoiled rich brats that fly a Schimitar and do cavalry charges at Donatra? :/
    Know the difference
    pvp? whats dat?
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Indeed, his goal right now is probably to deflate the market to near nothing, so he can reap serious profits come season 2. Imagine selling 500,000 zen sold now would nearly triple his profit come X2..... if he pushes it down to 70-80 like he wants to he could even double upon that... turning 500,000 dil into 3,000,000 dil.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Yeah, you're insane.

Go play Cryptic's other titles like CO, where it's currently 375:1 (where it's a pain to get their version of Dilithium by doing dailies, and nobody complains), or NW, where it has been at 500:1 for MONTHS (the max) with MILLIONS of their Dilithium in the queue to sell.

Then again, in NW, Cryptic did a fantastic job breaking the economy outright with some of their changes. Also the entire economy is based around their Dil because you need it for everything including their auction house.

Again, you have no idea the repercussions you're asking for.

Again, I don't think you can really compare STO to Neverwinter despite both being Cryptic titles. Astral diamonds are Neverwinter's primary currency.
    Dilithium is a secondary currency (EC drives the exchange). Also the amount of gold selling sites that have overrun Neverwinter is also an issue. STO doesn't have even close to the problems that Neverwinter does. For instance, keys in Neverwinter are now account bound.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Indeed, his goal right now is probably to deflate the market to near nothing, so he can reap serious profits come season 2. Imagine selling 500,000 zen sold now would nearly triple his profit come X2..... if he pushes it down to 70-80 like he wants to he could even double upon that... turning 500,000 dil into 3,000,000 dil.

And start a new Galatep ( or however its writen). With blackjack, and hookers!
    Know the difference
    pvp? whats dat?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And start a new Galatep ( or however its writen). With blackjack, and hookers!

Let's not go there, and keep it on topic. The thread relating to that went off the rails in spectacular fashion.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Let's not go there, and keep it on topic. The thread relating to that went off the rails in spectacular fashion.

Sorry, sarcasm and trolling always get the better of me :)

Back on topic, ZEN exchange is an overly simplified version of stock exchange and how economy works in real life. Its not broken, and it doesnt need fixing. Still, he is an honorless Ferengi that deserves to be hanged on his ears ( or something like that, General Martok im sorry that I forgot the single best quote in Star Trek history :/ )
    Know the difference
    pvp? whats dat?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Zen has reached an appalling new level today, 161 dil to the zen.

The positive response to new dil sink proposals has been limited so far, so we might need to explore other options.

One thread not enough?

To refute your entire argument: 1 Zen -> 161 Dilithium, YAY!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tekehd wrote: »

Hell he should have done this already, it's just now he cannot buy at the really low end, and sell at the high end, until prices swing back down.

He is essentially wanting his cake, and eat it too, than have another.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Zen sinks are far more full than dilithium sinks are. Hardly anybody left wants zen, they want dilithium. The idea that dilithium sinks are close to full is a myth.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Zen sinks are far more full than dilithium sinks are. Hardly anybody left wants zen, they want dilithium. The idea that dilithium sinks are close to full is a myth.

Yes, and with crafting the devs cratead a *insatiable* Dilithium Sink, which will hit us in 1-2 months in it's full extent.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Personally, I think there are more important things to discuss...

For example, the epic lack of cookies in the game... My character is in withdrawal.... I need cookies.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Personally, I think there are more important things to discuss...

For example, the epic lack of cookies in the game... My character is in withdrawal.... I need cookies.

Try Trellium instead, it's much more stimulating!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Try Trellium instead, it's much more stimulating!

Only if you are a Vulcan...

No... I am telling you Cookies... Chocolate chip cookies... That's the way to go.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Only if you are a Vulcan...

No... I am telling you Cookies... Chocolate chip cookies... That's the way to go.

But with trellium as ingredient your Cookies and even your Souffl
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    valenn1 wrote: »
    But with trellium as ingredient your Cookies and even your Souffl
This discussion has been closed.