What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

- Official Star Trek Delta Rising Announcement

Comments

• Options
    diax142diax142 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm hoping that the T-6 ships might be similar to the T5 ships in power (4 fore weapons, 4 aft), but with more powerful hulls, and perhaps more of a flagship/command ship role. Perhaps giving TEAM buffs, and perhaps having large worker bee hangars.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    We really don't have enough information yet to make an informed decision. It's your right to make an uninformed one if you wish, but all this rage and bile is silly.

So is your nonstop ******** about other ppl's ******** .

Know what you and those whom your ******** about have in common ?
    Neither of you are playing ISE for the 10.000th time .
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At least check in once a day to cycle your 20hr Research assignments; might as well level that while you aren't playing. I'm playing less than I was for the same reasons you are, but I'm still doing that at least. It's not like the queues are any different, and the gear is a couple months off, so Season 9.5 won't really have made any difference for awhile as far as I'm concerned. I admit that the doffing UI has limited the time I spend doffing, but in the end I simply stopped giving a rat's aft about Season 9.5. Save your dilithium and Zen for when details of X2 come available, enjoy the parts of the game still worth playing about with, and call it good. ;)

Actually, I quit doffing entirely with the new doff ui. It just doesn't have the same feel. It's really too bad because that was one of my favorite things in this game. The RnD system I opted out of. Too much cash grab mentality bothered me too much to even open the window. Most days I would log on to do doff assignments on 9 characters and check fleet progress. I'd maybe play 2 or 3 missions and be done. With that gone (to me) and all 9 characters with many ships and rep/fleet gear there is not much reason to log on. I might find time to login so my auto-refine will reset but thats about it.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ya there isn't enough intel atm, but throwing out some recommendations sooner before they grow their roots with the "this is what we will give you", it might help shape things, for the better, you never know (although they will give us what they want us to see anyway ...) lol

i am still excited :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My only problem with level 60 what happens to all of the MK XII rep gear if there will be MK XIV gear do we get to upgraded or did we all just waste tones of time on the rep system gear
    I don't normally use these forums much, but I logged on specifically to ask this very question and several related to it:

1) Will rep-crafted MK XII rewards be scaled up automatically, be upgradeable for a reduced resource cost, or will they pretty much be rendered obsolete? I really don't like the idea of MK XIV loot completely invalidating so many years of content.

2) I hope I'm mistaken, but this cap increase leads me to believe that a lot of top-tier cash ships will be rendered obsolete, and this might infuriate a lot of players.

3) In line with #2, what about the silvers? Since I assume that any 60-tier ships will also be c-store purchases along with the 50-tier ships, is this going to widen the rift between the free/silver players and the whales even further?

Part of why I absolutely love this game right now is because it's indisputably the fairest free-to-play MMO I've ever seen with regards to free players vs whales. I'm not trying to be all doomsayer about this, because a level cap increase could actually be quite good for the game if done properly and fairly.

However, it could just as easily be taken as a middle finger to paying players, free players, or even both, so be careful how you guys plan for and move forward with this.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    XIV>XII

in WoW my Shadowmorne hit the bank when Cata Hit

anything online offering a lvl cap increase must push down the previous levels,(Jem Hadar "that is the order of things"), as to how they will do the ship thing and balances, they better higher some magicians lol, there are TO MANY 50 ships already, they could possibly update some and pick and choose if they saw fit, and the box ships, mirror or reward/lobi will be a chore if they tackle that beast
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ruined doff'ing was not just the UI though.

Certain missions are missing in that they had a higher chance to spawn in several windows.

Others such as evaluate romulan boff are straight up missing.

Specifically nerfed colonization chains really killed it for me, not that pointlessly having to get used to a new UI, and awkward as it is, for no reason wasn't quite aggrivating in itself.
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    skonn wrote: »
    Because not everyone shares your taste. Quite a few of us truly dislike VOY. I, for one, am finding it hard to get excited over third rate Klingon clones (the Kazon) and two of the most annoying races in Trek (Ocampans and Talaxians). And this is the stuff they're SHOWING OFF.

That being said, I'm glad for Voyager fans, and hope the Intrepid gets the love it deserves, and not another half-assed Galaxy "revamp."

Just because I don't care for Voyager doesn't mean I'm an entitled brat that denies others their favorite ships.

And I'm certainly not spending any money on the game (or dil in the game either) until we get more info regarding the level cap increase.

I would say the same to you...

It's a given that with player base the size that STO has, not everyone is going to like everything that comes out... I, for one, agree with the comment you replied to.. and further, I hope to be able to actually PLAY the new races. TBH, I find it rather humorous that I just recently rolled a new Captain and crew that are "Ocampan".
  • Options
    johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a little disgusted with the idea of even more ships that are alleged to be so much more better than the new Odyssey and the Klingon equivalent. Can't we even have at least a year of the supposed to be thee best and greatest ever built without throwing them under the bus within a few months? Some people actually work hard to get such things and for what?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm a little disgusted with the idea of even more ships that are alleged to be so much more better than the new Odyssey and the Klingon equivalent. Can't we even have at least a year of the supposed to be thee best and greatest ever built without throwing them under the bus within a few months? Some people actually work hard to get such things and for what?

i miss my Shadowmorne to in MoP :..(
    lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd be very surprised if T5 ships weren't upgradeable through crafting and/or the addition of some mod slots, or through the Fleet Store to bring them in line with T6 vessels rolling out with the expansion.

Cryptic is not going to shoot itself in the foot by making 90% of ships and ship bundles in the Cryptic Store obsolete when expansion launches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    in WoW my Shadowmorne hit the bank when Cata Hit
    Wow's progression isn't really comparable to this game's, though. Wow frequently vomits out new content patches, and each time they do, the rewards from that new content are significantly better than everything before it. You quickly accumulate your gear and then you quickly replace it. And then you repeat ad nauseum each time the next content patch and the one after that roll out. The level caps are deployed to basically reset the power creep and growing divide that separates "fresh max level character" from "endgame-geared max level player."

In this game, the content patches are quite small, meaning that instead of the wide variety of build options we have available now, we'll have only a handful of things to play with until more content slowly trickles into the game.

It works in wow because wow has a good-sized development team, lots of funding, and a fast-paced (relatively speaking) content release schedule. This game...really doesn't.
    anything online offering a lvl cap increase must push down the previous levels,(Jem Hadar "that is the order of things"), as to how they will do the ship thing and balances, they better higher some magicians lol, there are TO MANY 50 ships already, they could possibly update some and pick and choose if they saw fit, and the box ships, mirror or reward/lobi will be a chore if they tackle that beast
    Also, let's not forget that in wow, you spend a bit of time farming your loot, then you throw it away for new stuff a few months later. Rinse repeat. I don't want to think of how much money people throw into those lockboxes, but I bet some are up in the hundreds, thousands, or more. I can see these people flipping a table without being offered some way to upgrade their acquisitions.

I just hate the idea of driving a whole fleet of now-irrelevant ships into the sun so that instead, I can choose from the 6 or 7 that will likely be available to everyone else, each equipped with the same Mk XIV set because our options end up being limited due to a lack of new content.

Thus, why I think it really is in Cryptic's best interests to offer some way to upgrade cash/lockbox ships and related weapons, as well as rep rewards. It's not because I don't want to have to farm new stuff or whatever, it's because otherwise, we go from nearly 4 years of content, choice, and customization depth to practically nothing.
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    doomicile wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if T5 ships weren't upgradeable through crafting and/or the addition of some mod slots, or through the Fleet Store to bring them in line with T6 vessels rolling out with the expansion.

Cryptic is not going to shoot itself in the foot by making 90% of ships and ship bundles in the Cryptic Store obselete when expansion launches.

ya seriously, sounds about one of the ways they will "un shock" the 10,000,000,000,000 lvl 50 ships, or something to this extent

true that, STO is not the same animal at all, but now we are left with a million lvl 50 ships :S
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    aesica wrote: »
    I don't want to think of how much money people throw into those lockboxes, but I bet some are up in the hundreds, thousands, or more. I can see these people flipping a table without being offered some way to upgrade their acquisitions.

I wonder if that same logic will work with my 2013 F-150 when the 2015's come out. I doubt it. Same applies for the lock boxes. There was not a single guarantee involved with anything out of a lock box other then that there would be bare minimum that would come out of it. I honestly have no sympathy for them. They chose on their own to spend money, either real on in game currency, on keys.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    doom the day the day we mix "virtual" with "reality" lol

still to many lvl 50 ships, and unclear future of the crafting system "apparently new" lol

the release notice of DR created to many valid questions, still looks fun
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    compi5compi5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    is it going to be free to play like the rest of the game or are new free to play player just going to have to deal with not being able to explore awesome new worlds? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Like many others, the question that worries me most right now is "What's gonna happen to our Z-Store T5 ships and out Fleet Shipyards?"

Will they become obsolete after Delta Rising? Please, release the blog explaining this ASAP.
  • Options
    clarelou1clarelou1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    if there going to increase the level cap to 60 I wonder if they will give us a final free ship for level 50
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    look at a tree, a thin branch holds a large canopy, and then, the tree says, i think i will grow a second canopy on top of the first, what happens is the first canopy does not get enough light, and then it gets sickly, and withers up, and falls off leaving a nasty ugly ring where the first one once was.

this is how a tree dies :..(

lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The innovative seating is most likely two commander seats or a new captain rank for BOFFs. The universal seating makes no sense except for ships that already have it, such as the Klingon and Romullan ones. Once I finish my feddie grind, I'm probably going to main Klink and not look back.

T6 Klingon ship a redesigned pumwI'? Now I wish I played the other Star Trek games. My knowledge is sorely lacking on all the possible ships out there, not even counting the custom ones from the FASA table top game.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    dessniper wrote: »
    I wonder if that same logic will work with my 2013 F-150 when the 2015's come out. I doubt it.
    Of course you doubt it, because the two aren't even remotely similar. The fact that you even posed that question leads me to believe you missed the main point I'm trying to make:

If everything we have now becomes obsolete, there will be a shocking lack of new content, specifically ships and build diversity.

By making lockbox ships and other premium ships obsolete, it might welcome in a new rush of money up front, but after that, what happened will always linger in the back of people's minds--that "one time, a new tier of ships was implemented which completely obliterated the worth of these lockbox contents. Chances are it'll happen again, so...maybe I won't bother opening any this time."

Disclaimer: Personally, I've opened maybe 6 lockboxes in the entire time I've played STO and own no lockbox ships, so whether Cryptic chooses to scale them or not has no effect on me. Despite that, I think it would be a terrible business move not to, so I'm pretty sure some way to scale them will be implemented.
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Of course you doubt it, because the two aren't even remotely similar. The fact that you even posed that question leads me to believe you missed the main point I'm trying to make:

If everything we have now becomes obsolete, there will be a shocking lack of new content, specifically ships and build diversity.

By making lockbox ships and other premium ships obsolete, it might welcome in a new rush of money up front, but after that, what happened will always linger in the back of people's minds--that "one time, a new tier of ships was implemented which completely obliterated the worth of these lockbox contents. Chances are it'll happen again, so...maybe I won't bother opening any this time."

Disclaimer: Personally, I've opened maybe 6 lockboxes in the entire time I've played STO and own no lockbox ships, so whether Cryptic chooses to scale them or not has no effect on me. Despite that, I think it would be a terrible business move not to, so I'm pretty sure some way to scale them will be implemented.

Everything in this world eventually becomes obsolete. Why should pixelated items be any different?
  • Options
    prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm looking forward to this. It's nice to re-visit characters. We're getting Ensign Kim and possibly the others as well.

I like Voyager. Please don't hate me. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    but, but, we don't get and extra seat, an extra spare tire, and a secondary battery with our F-150 2015! but, but we doooooo on an online game somewhere!

now that in reverse just sounds kinda psychotic :D

welcome to the internet lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I think when they run out of engaging storylines, then the game as a whole will become obsolete. I doubt the ships will be the death knell first.

What gets me is that the prospect of T6 ships is so earth-shattering to some people. Do folks still own the brick cell phones from the 90's? How about pagers/beepers? No, of course not, most people adapted and bought new ones over time, right? I'm betting many posters happily regularly fork over for new smartphones when they come out, too. Why in the world would a $20or so ship be a bigger waste to upgrade than a 3-figure phone? They're both obsolete eventually, so they're both money sucks. That's how I see it anyway, not any different in the end.
  • Options
    woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great news! Legacy of Romulus was a complete success, Imho, and spawned the much-appreciated Romulan faction.

VOY and the Delta Quadrant are ripe for mining lore, tech and species. I'm looking forward to experiencing STO's take on the DQ and contrast it with TrekLit's Project Full Circle. Maybe that's a good opportunity for the Merian-class to make a cameo?

I'd love to be part of a Starfleet mission to explore the DQ and help free Talax from Haakonian rule. Or set up a Delta Coalition-analog, like the one Voyager founded in an alternate timeline in ST: Myriad Universes: "Places of Exile".

Anyway, I'm hooked.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • Options
    artrineiousartrineious Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i am happy to see we are getting new content but my concerns lie with what is going to happen to our tier 5 ships I know a great deal of people have spent a lot of money and time getting there ships does this mean my andorian ships are going to become space waste and what are the plans for updateing our vet ships is there going to be a retrofit put in to up date our ships?
  • Options
    slylandroslylandro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just FYI, for the JHAS:

"With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost."

See http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007323 at the bottom.

One can assume the same will be offered for other luckbox ships. I don't know if I'd make that leap for other starships, but it's a possibility as well. I don't post much here (or at all, I think this is my first post in the time I've been around), but I thought this little tidbit merited mentioning, so I hope I've helped soothe some concerns.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    but, but, we don't get and extra seat, an extra spare tire, and a secondary battery with our F-150 2015! but, but we doooooo on an online game somewhere!

now that in reverse just sounds kinda psychotic :D

welcome to the internet lol
    Hehe, I have to wonder just how special the new T6 ships will actually be. Stats-wise, I'm expecting T5++, IE, a minor improvement over fleet stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My 32nd Birthday is in October. This is going to be the BEST birthday EVER!!!!:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.