What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

- Official Star Trek Delta Rising Announcement

Comments

• Options
    genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm really looking forward to this next expansion. I think the biggest danger for any MMO is it becoming stale and not providing new things to do, aim for, new mechanics and of course new gear/ships. I have no problem with T6 ships or equipment Mark increases at all. I have a bunch of T5s I don't even use, so I not going to qq about them. They have stated that they are going to provide an upgrade path for T5 ships to make them competitive in level 50+ content and I think that is fair for people who have purchase these ships through Zen/Dil or EC. However upgraded T5 shouldn't have the full capability of a T6 ship, that would be illogical - so say'th Spock.

Also in order to bring new content and systems into STO cryptic needs money, and STO has the best viable F2P system I have encountered in the genre. I have bought all of my ships with in-game dil, or EC I have saved up, which takes a while but I now know what I want from a ship. Currently I love the Vesta, and while the Dyson sci vessels don't really compare in dps I got the 3 pack anyway. It has the best space combat and mechanics you could hope for (maybe eventually ground combat will receive the same attention). However I don't give them a free pass to do anything, but these changes will make the game more interesting and provide new challenges and generate income for more innovation and content, I'm up for that. I'm already saving dil for a brand new T6 Sci ship with all the trappings. By the way, Harry Kim rocks.
  • Options
    mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I knew it! when al said "trust me the powercreep is gonna be a non issue really soon" in stoked radio that it was dev for: I cant tell you yet but well be increasing level cap in the next expansion.

so nice to be right some times.

really great to go into the delta quadrant for real this time and not confined to a single sphere. :)
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • Options
    bank4556bank4556 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a fan of Star trek and MMOs. The whole reason I play MMOs is for new content, if I wanted to play a game that stayed the same then I would play something else. The MMO space sim world is changing with the introduction of Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. Those two games are building what one would say a real living universe, the content and technology will change in those games at a fast pace. I'm willing to bet wayyyyyyyyy faster than STO. (four years) lol In my opinion the concept of a lot of MMO now of days is to be a living breathing universe. In a living breathing universe nothing stays the same. Just like the real world. I'm excited about the updates coming because for some of us Star trek fans, STO is the closet thing we have to a new Star Trek tv show.
  • Options
    bank4556bank4556 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    umbergrey wrote: »
    Of all the concerns about Delta Rising, the one that blows my mind is "I paid real money for this! You can never make anything better!"

I paid real money for my Nook, iPhone and car too. Yet every year (or thereabouts) a better one comes out!

And yes, before you say it, those are physical objects and my Tier 5 Galaxy X/Odyssey/Fleet Excelsior are digital. But people had to work to make both the physical and the digital, and those people need to get paid for their work. So "digital" is not a valid argument in my book.

Anyway, between Delta Rising and Beyond Earth, October is going to be a month of little sleep for me it seems.

I totally agree. I'm still going to fly and upgrade my T 5 ships. I still fly my Connie sometimes for fun. I don't care what anyone says, if the new T6 ships are really cool then money will be spent. lol It's easy for people to get mad right now when nobody knows what the T6 ships look like or what they do.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I knew it! when al said "trust me the powercreep is gonna be a non issue really soon" in stoked radio that it was dev for: I cant tell you yet but well be increasing level cap in the next expansion.

so nice to be right some times.

really great to go into the delta quadrant for real this time and not confined to a single sphere. :)
    Well ... the so-called "power creep" is what keeps me playing A LOT this game, because I like improving myself, getting better, reaching higher and higher goals, and having at least the chance to break former records, the challenge ... therefore I HATE nerfs.
    Without this drive, I'd still play of course but definitely not a lot : I do enjoy the content, but let's face it : you can play the content with free ships and low gear and actually it's even more fun that way lol.
    the Rep change REALLY turned me off when I've realized it was a straight nerf.
    But I am foreseeing new possibilities with the new crafting system and the new T6 ships : time will say of course.
    So, here's my deal : if all of these changes will give us back the "power creep" we had before the rep nerf, shut up and take my money.
    If not, well, I'll just log in to play and enjoy the new content, like for an average computer game and that's it.
    Or I can play PvP ... well, if PvP is still alive :D
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    lackster42lackster42 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree with everything you said, askray. No one should have been shocked when they heard that Tier 6 was incoming.

I agree as well. I wasn't surprised of this news but was actually happy to hear it. I was wondering when they were going to raise the level cap. Since I have "READ" the news of the expansion, "unlike others who don't read", I know that my oddy that I purchased won't be a total waste but instead will be upgraded to be competitive with the new T6 ships and I know that the T6 ships will be far more superior than any other ships I currently have. With that being said, I look forward to seeing these new beauties.

My question to CRYPTIC is:

The bridge offer layout I believe should be different than they currently are. For instance, when I purchased the tactical Odyssey class, I believe that the BOFF layout should accommodate a tactical layout with a commander tactical station instead of the current one which has a commander engineering, that should be with the operations version. The console layout is concurrent with the different versions but the BOFF layout is the same across the board. I believe it should be like this:

TACTICAL ODYSSEY: commander tactical, lieutenant science, lieutenant engineering, lieutenant commander universal, lieutenant universal.

OPERATIONS ODYSSEY: commander engineering, lieutenant science, lieutenant tactical, lieutenant commander universal, lieutenant universal.

SCIENCE ODYSSEY: commander science, lieutenant tactical, lieutenant engineering, lieutenant commander universal, lieutenant universal.

The same should go with the other factions as well like the Romulan dreadnought warbirds and the Klingon Bortasqu' variants. This is just my opinion even though they all accommodate different console layouts as well as different abilities but I think that the BOFF should also accommodate this as well. Just a thought, what does everyone else think?
  • Options
    yandreyyandrey Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Delta Quadrant, new ships, new level-cap, can't wait! :D

Personally, I think it would be nice to see Utopia Planitia involved in the whole upgrading Tier V ships to Tier VI ships thing. A simple but fun cut scene perhaps: your old ship, but upgraded to the new standards, leaving dry-dock with the newly improved hull/weapons/consoles or something, I dunno... I think I read something similar somewhere... I think upgrading to VI would be better than V remaining competitive, but maybe that's just me.

Also, as a "Federation Ambassador", I was wondering if there will be diplomatic ...stuff... between the Delta quadrant species and the three factions.
    In the series, the crew of Voyager did this on several occasions, with the Enarans and in the Void for example.
    What if one could attend diplomatic meetings with more and more different species as you rise through the diplomatic ranks, and when one has earned a certain species' trust after a certain amount of meetings, you could be rewarded with an item, like unlocking one of Neelix's specialties in the replicator or a (legendary quality?) gift, related to that specific species. I would love to have that Enaran musical instrument. :P It would probably be useless and have no real use in combat, just like Q's balloon poppers, but all in all it would be a very nice touch, for the diplomats and collectors at least.
    Just something I made up just now.

Perhaps medical conferences, diplomatic and medical CXP at once , where medical staff from both quadrants meet. The Doctor (EMH M1) was quite interested it those.

What happened to the Vidiians after the Phage was cured? (VOY: Think tank) As a science officer, having them and their scientific knowledge as allies would be amazing.
    What happened to the Enarans (with their deadly history), the Kazon, the Ocampans (who had survive without the caretaker), the Talaxians, the Vaadwaur (who may or may not still have access to those weird tunnel-things that went all the way to Talax). :eek:

And even if Voyager wasn't your thing, there are still many things to look forward to.

I think...
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All the XII gears wil become worthless in a couple months.

even you get a free upgrade of your tier V ship, you will have to refit all the weapons, engines, deflector, warp cores.... for every single toons.

STO just become like anyother mmorpg,

I prefer STO because it doesnt have frequent level cap raise.

But now it is just like other

and less appealing because the backstabbing and nerfs become all too frequent.
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All the XII gears wil become worthless in a couple months.

even you get a free upgrade of your tier V ship, you will have to refit all the weapons, engines, deflector, warp cores.... for every single toons.

STO just become like anyother mmorpg,

I prefer STO because it doesnt have frequent level cap raise.

But now it is just like other

and less appealing because the backstabbing and nerfs become all too frequent.

STO is another mmorpg.

What this game need is real end game content to keep players in the game. Something difficult, where party setup and teamwork is crucial, preferably fleet oriented.
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For those who missed a link (i think it was posted earlier), here's the entire panel discussion in Vegas: This one.

We will be able to upgrade ships... somehow to some degree.

T6 ships have some sort of inherent function that T5+ will not get.

The new Boff thing on T6 wasn't really touched on, so we have to wait.

A few T6 ship pics. One looks like a Defiant upgrade.

I'm happy about the new tree we get with captain abilities/traits?
    I'm happy that we have a new quadrant with storyline.
    I'm happy the new rep system will not require the LvL cap raise to use.
    I'm happy for new species and a new city map.

I really hope this goes well, but I really understand all of the other posters in their worries. This could be epic. I mean, REALLY epic. But, what we all really want the answers to to are basically 2 things:

1)How do I upgrade my ship and how far do the upgrades go?
    2)Are we going to be able to upgrade gear?

Another one on some minds, as well as mine, is if we're going to have the ability to assign Boffs to some of our other ships at some point. I understand this may cause a problem if a player has a 3-pack or more, since we all kitbash them, taking componets from other ships on to one.

Once again, I REALLY hope this works and the Devs don't ignore the Vets.

Stay sexy and prosper.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    First and foremost, I would like to say this. I am very looking forward to this expansion and welcome the level cap increase. In contrary to a lot of different posts regarding this expansion, there is a lot of mixed emotions. A lot of people are upset that their T5 ships and MK XII gear will be obsolete. Well...this is just not true. "IMHO". Please read the blogs about the expansion. First I read the news and I did not see anything related to gear increases "namely" the MK XIII and MK XIV gear that a lot of posts are saying is going to happen. To make sense out of all of this, I believe that the gear will stay at MK XII and the only major difference is 10 more levels of gaining experience. Now I can put experience points in areas that I could not previously do so due to the limit of level 50. Now at level 60 I can be a full Admiral and control other ships in combat with my boffs. If any one read the upcoming events in the blogs you can clearly see what is coming in the near future.
    It would not make sense to include MK XIII and XIV gear as the dev teams would pretty much have to overhaul the entire game just to earn those incredibly powerful gear. NO, I believe that the gear will remain the same and now we have a new tier of ships. The tier 6 ships will have special abilities that the t5 ships don't and after reading the actual notes of the releases, it would seem that the boffs abilities will only be in the t6 ships. This could include one more bridge officer, taking the number to 6 instead of the 5 count currently on t5 ships, also a new captain rank for a boff. "Note", this could only be for the t6 ships and no other including more hull, devices and of course more weapon slots.
    I too have spent money on ships and other stuff in the game. But as a realest, I understand "CHANGE" and change is part of life. I will except that my bought Odyssey class is no longer the federations most powerful ship. Things change over time and we must adapt to those changes to keep things moving along. Besides they did say that the current t5 ships will receive a minor upgrade to be competitive with the new expansion. When the new t6 ships arrive and its worth the zen, I will purchase me a t6 ship with all those new abilities. Now, take for granted if they do include MK XIII and XIV gear, it will be interesting to see how they implement it into the game with out upsetting a lot of people.:)
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Comments about the gear were in the podcasts and not the blogs. The blogs had little or no information compared to the podcasts.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @lackster42: Uhh . . . did you listen to the panel? MK XIII and XIV confirmed.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Great... Now can we drop the info we already got once,

Not once ... twice. !!
  • Options
    djsimonroc88djsimonroc88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am very excited for the delta quadrant expansion. But I am kinda wondering are we really going to lose a lot of our stuff or are we still going to keep it? Also since I see no reason for me to have a tier 6 ship is it possible we'll be able to upgrade our tier 5 ship to make it like a tier 6 ship?
    27457d1244675809-ok-wheres-facepalm-emoticon-double-facepalm.jpg

Face palming the enemy one at a time.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That would imply people have faith in lockboxes in the first place.

My main concern is the fact that this is going to be SSDD, that there will be all this Ooo and ahh over the coming content and what we will get is more monetized content for people to buy and what ever free content there is will be broken, just like the crafting revamp, and the Doff UI.

Considering that many ppl still can't see their own weapons fire in multiplayer instances, this is a good bet . :(

Considering that said bug, along with the buggy load out system and an unneeded visuals upgrade in S.9 that screwd more players then it helped with terrible frame rates and ultra bright visuals were introduced into the game when the CTO is also the top honcho for the game does not spell ACES in my book .
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am very excited for the delta quadrant expansion. But I am kinda wondering are we really going to lose a lot of our stuff or are we still going to keep it? Also since I see no reason for me to have a tier 6 ship is it possible we'll be able to upgrade our tier 5 ship to make it like a tier 6 ship?

Nobody is actually going to lose anything. They may be persuaded to discard it for better stuff later but the devs are not actually taking anything away from anybody. As for the upgrading of the ships we are still waiting on the Blogs, but they will not be upgraded into T6 just slightly closer to them than they were before.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    djsimonroc88djsimonroc88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @ dirlettia Okay thank you.
    27457d1244675809-ok-wheres-facepalm-emoticon-double-facepalm.jpg

Face palming the enemy one at a time.
  • Options
    syniansynian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While I'm looking forward to the expansion, I'm dreading what is to come based on the most recently offered content.

What I certainly don't want to see is some massive requirement to get current T5 ships upgraded to T6. Everything is already far too expensive in terms of time and resources due to the 8k per day dil limit.

Exploration: make it happen, make it meaningful.

Space Undine stuff is the perfect example of the mechanics you DO NOT want to do. People completly ignore Undine Assault Elite and there is a reason for that which should matter to the devs, why does it appear that it does not? It's the same reason people ignored the tweeked Mirror elite event.

Break the rep gear cycle: do rep content (wishing you had rep gear) for rep marks to get rep gear, finally get rep gear and have no reason to do rep content which makes the rep gear meaningless. Make rep gear actually work against the rep it's designed for...No more CC collapes bubbles adversitements....only it doesn't TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well ... the so-called "power creep" is what keeps me playing A LOT this game, because I like improving myself, getting better, reaching higher and higher goals, and having at least the chance to break former records, the challenge ... therefore I HATE nerfs.
    Without this drive, I'd still play of course but definitely not a lot : I do enjoy the content, but let's face it : you can play the content with free ships and low gear and actually it's even more fun that way lol.
    the Rep change REALLY turned me off when I've realized it was a straight nerf.
    But I am foreseeing new possibilities with the new crafting system and the new T6 ships : time will say of course.
    So, here's my deal : if all of these changes will give us back the "power creep" we had before the rep nerf, shut up and take my money.
    If not, well, I'll just log in to play and enjoy the new content, like for an average computer game and that's it.
    Or I can play PvP ... well, if PvP is still alive :D

you misinterpreted me. all I was saying was that al wouldn't have been so sure about that statement if he wouldn't have the inside knowledge that X2 would bring a level cap increase. it's fun when you have that realization and than have your hunch turn out to be right.

I don't care about powercreep at all.

I don't think i have the same definition as you though. to me powercreep is that everybody is so good they can faceroll all content. I read you as an elite few have gear so good that it doesn't matter how the rest of the group does they will always outperform everyone else and safe the day.

PvP will self-moderate if given the appropriate tools. for example the pokemon PvP crowd is 100% self-moderated. give the player tools to set up matches for tier 1 up to 6 (equal to ship tiers) and public leader-boards for each tier. that should get you a long way. that also safes you from balancing a NX class whit a galaxy because they immediately end up in different tiers. Players interested in PvP want to test themselves against others and see how they match up. as a Magic the gathering play I know these people as Spike.
    Spike is characterized by his competitive nature. Mark Rosewater wrote of Spike:
    “Spike is the competitive player. Spike plays to win. Spike enjoys winning. To accomplish this, Spike will play whatever the best deck(in STO ship/build) is. Spike will copy decks off the Internet. Spike will borrow other players' decks. To Spike, the thrill of Magic(or actually whatever other game the play) is the adrenaline rush of competition. Spike enjoys the stimulation of outplaying the opponent and the glory of victory.

if you interested in reading up up spike and the other profiles:
    http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Psychographic_profile
    http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr220b
    http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr11b
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    32 years since Voyagers return and Kim is only a Lt. Jr Grade.... such an insult IMO
    And to think, Paris was not only demoted during the show, but re-promoted.
    Plus, he'll actually be a Captain in the game. The Lt JG was a joke during the panel.
    bassmas314 wrote: »
    Will this level cap increase include the introduction of the long-awaited Fleet Admiral/Dahar Master ranks for players?

I'd rather see just 'Admiral'. To go from Vice Admiral to Fleet admiral doesn't make sense (unless they are going to do the dumb 5 lvl split like RA).

I've never played another other MMO, so I have no idea what a level cap increase means for the long-term of the game. I'm fine at 50, as long as there's stuff to do.

Does this mean we get playable Typhoons? :-)
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    rextrek3rextrek3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...sounds exciting....I Can't Wait!!!!!!! Ive been playing since BETA........so, something new is always Nice............just do me one favor - if Only one..please get RID OF those awful - extra large - windows on the crew deck...they look UN-realistic....and plain stupid.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Comments about the gear were in the podcasts and not the blogs. The blogs had little or no information compared to the podcasts.

Nope! Didn't see that one, I was wrong, thanks...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @lackster42: Uhh . . . did you listen to the panel? MK XIII and XIV confirmed.

Didn't see that one, I was wrong, thanks...
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would of been really happy to hear....Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, William Shatner, John De lancie signed on for feature episodes, Voyager was okay, but in no way was as popular as TNG, and the above mentioned names are more popular than the entire Voyager series, before a big expansion

I would highly recommend using some common sense and improving our Quadrant of the galaxy....The Delta Quadrant is something that should be in the pipeline, but not until these monumental actors are in game, because they won't be around forever, the Vega Colony needs some updates for fighting the Borg in our back yard, so much needs to be touched before another expansion.....like more episodes, instead of grinding zones, in which so many players get bored with so quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redphattredphatt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Rep marks shouldn't be a pve where you spend half your life and only get 30 marks. If your going to revamp the game then if your rep is 750 marks to obtain gear then your pve should reflect that. not 750 to 30 marks in mins. Each rep should have equal pve missions. Undine marks example only has 2 Elite and 1 low mission for space.

Now the EC. We need a way to earn. Looting doesn't drop like it use too. Foundry blocks limit it to 200k in Loot a day. Ker'rat now dropping replicator stuff. Being jumped by Old age Fleet gangs is a little sick too while trying to scan with borg in there. You use to be able to go to clusters and nebulas to scan and gather R&D stuff to sell. Cant to do that. Stuff in exchange still in the multi millions. How can we purchase stuff in the millions if we cant earn in the millions. that's like Everything is a Billion bucks but we have no rich people . Makes sense right.

Character wise bring in the those aliens that threw voyager all the years awavy from home.

Maybe alien ranks. you already have them in the game. undine tholian. Cardassian I mean Elim Garak is still alive to do voice overs right. the aliens that visited ds9 posing as baseball legend ans so on. The game aliens in season one of ds9 (making you jump through hoops)

Exchange should be more open to let us sell more items then to be a waste and be bound to character. A waste of time and money. Were willing to pay just don't squeeze while were trying to love the game
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    redphatt wrote: »
    The game aliens in season one of ds9 (making you jump through hoops)

I'm pretty sure those are the Wadi; we have doffs and doff assignments available for them, though playable and boff versions are limited to slapping a forehead tattoo on anything that looks Human and using your imagination. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Would be nice if the GORN were shown some love for once. Only nice thing we ever really got was an updated character mesh model.

What id like to see as a old TRIBBLE sto beta player is new gorn ships. there are at least 3-4 that still have not been implemented. Id also like to see more freedom in clothing customization for them and for them to get the proper SIZE RATION corrected. huge Hodch gorn walking around in chains an such on Qo'nos yet the largest we can get is to there belly and with lame outfits?

what ever happened to the creativity and ingenuity in sto? what happened to ships and gear being put in to help make each race more 'home like'?

Im not the only one wanting these updates either. And the list of accounts is too long to even consider posting here.
  • Options
    kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    we need actual improvements. not more typical PWI Grind'Fest one track minded missions and objectives.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd be more impressed if you fixed the bugs that are still in game that we have been pointing out for 4 years...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
This discussion has been closed.